Author Topic: Elitekeyboards to stock tenderness MX clear and red keyboards  (Read 31344 times)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Elitekeyboards to stock tenderness MX clear and red keyboards
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 22 October 2011, 18:15:20 »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 22 October 2011, 18:19:44 »
Quote from: reaper;436972
Got mine today. =P
:( mine says it wont be here until the 26th even though I got 2 day shipping :(

Offline Zamorph

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 22 October 2011, 22:43:49 »
I cant wait to get mine, I sold my filco and going back to dome blows.  Miss my reds :'( need nao

Offline Khenra

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 23 October 2011, 17:37:57 »
I ordered a white Leopold with MX Reds (Otaku). I did not yet recieve an email with a shipping date :( Can't wait!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Brown

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 23 October 2011, 17:54:56 »
Darn it did not receive a shipping confirmation yet and ordered the day the pre-order started :Cry:
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 23 October 2011, 19:16:15 »
mmm, I have only received a confirmation from PayPal so far :(
Poker
QFR

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 22:53:17 »
Shipment notification for my white tenkeyless Leo with reds.  w00t!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 23:02:06 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;436976
:( mine says it wont be here until the 26th even though I got 2 day shipping :(
Now the 27th how is 2 day shipping getting slower?

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 23:03:50 »
27th for me too.

Edit:
Oh, actually it says 26th by 7:00pm...
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 October 2011, 23:06:13 by hcry4 »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 23:42:09 »
Mines arriving on Thurs, was sent out like Thurs last week i think or was it Wed, it's one or the other
Keyboardless

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 01:44:02 »
still no tracking information... gotta check my spam folder to see if it got caught =P

Offline ironman31

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 14:52:25 »
Received mine.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:05:09 »
Damn it. It changed to the 27th for me.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:06:02 »
So far I'm not impressed, I'll give it a few days. If I don't like it, I'm definitely selling it. I want a Filco with reds now...
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:06:42 »
Is this your first experience with red switches?  What don't you like about it?

Offline ironman31

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:07:28 »
Quote from: hashbaz;439917
Is this your first experience with red switches?  What don't you like about it?
You misread, I want a Filco with reds. I just got in a Leopold with clears. So far they feel like they actually have less of a tactile bump than my browns. Plus they're heavier and these cherry stabilizers make the keyboard feel unrefined and cheap.
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:08:26 »
Why didn't you order one with reds too?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:09:59 »
Quote from: ironman31;439919
You misread, I want a Filco with reds. I just got in a Leopold with clears.

Oops.  Yeah I'm not a clears fan either.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:10:08 »
Quote from: hcry4;439921
Why didn't you order one with reds too?
I wasn't sure if I'd like leopolds, and I figured I'd try one out with a switch I knew I probably wouldn't like so I wouldn't feel bad when I sold it, lol.

Looks like ripster is right again. I jumped a somewhat dangerous gap in switch preferences, and I hate it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:15:18 by ironman31 »
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline Lolcakes

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:40:40 »
Quote from: ironman31;439923
I wasn't sure if I'd like leopolds, and I figured I'd try one out with a switch I knew I probably wouldn't like so I wouldn't feel bad when I sold it, lol.

Looks like ripster is right again. I jumped a somewhat dangerous gap in switch preferences, and I hate it.

Hey there! I am considering buying the white Leopold kb with Red switches... Can you elaborate on the things that you didnt like about the Leopold board? My current board is Filco Cherry mx Blues TKL.
I really want to have a white board with red switches and i dont have too many options... Either this or trying to get a Filco from China. But i guess buying from the US gotta be more "safe"
Cheers

Offline ironman31

« Reply #220 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:45:28 »
Quote from: Lolcakes;439953
Hey there! I am considering buying the white Leopold kb with Red switches... Can you elaborate on the things that you didnt like about the Leopold board? My current board is Filco Cherry mx Blues TKL.
I really want to have a white board with red switches and i dont have too many options... Either this or trying to get a Filco from China. But i guess buying from the US gotta be more "safe"
Cheers

I probably jumped to conclusions early. The main thing I don't like about the Leopold is the stabilizers, they feel mushy when bottoming out. I do like the rubber pads a lot better on the Leopold than the Filco, they stick better. The keycaps also seem to be thicker and a nicer texture on the Leopold. Most of my hatred for this keyboard is probably from the clear switches themselves. But I'll give it a few days to a week.
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline Lolcakes

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:49:43 »
Quote from: ironman31;439958
I probably jumped to conclusions early. The main thing I don't like about the Leopold is the stabilizers, they feel mushy when bottoming out. I do like the rubber pads a lot better on the Leopold than the Filco, they stick better. The keycaps also seem to be thicker and a nicer texture on the Leopold. Most of my hatred for this keyboard is probably from the clear switches themselves. But I'll give it a few days to a week.

Thanks. I understand that the leopolds have different stabilizers, i wonder if it is muuuch mushier or if its a minor difference. Also how many of the keys are stabilized? Is it only space, enter, right shift?  I saw the pictures from reaper's review and i really want this board... just concerned about those damn stabilizers :P

Offline rodya

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 16:01:45 »
It is not a minor difference.  Filco's costar stabilizers feel sooo much better.  I would have all Filcos and no Leopolds if Filcos were cheaper and had detachable USB cables.  Clears are definitely not for everyone, but I have a hard time seeing anybody not liking Reds.

Offline ZeroGraVT

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 16:10:55 »
Got my white otaku with reds yesterday.  I don't have a Filco to compare it to but the quality is top notch.  Bought it mainly for FPS gaming and I'm very happy with it.  My fingers don't get tired as much because the red switches are so light and smooth.  It's very quiet too when bottoming out compared to my at101.  The rubber pads stick quite well to the surface it's almost feels like the board is glued down.  No problems with the stabilizer for me but that's probably a preference thing.  If you're just going to be using it mainly for gaming you'll probably be fine even if you prefer the costar stabilizers.

Offline Lolcakes

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 16:33:26 »
Since my current board is Filco with blues, and I must say I do like it... Do you think I might get disappointed by the Leopold stabilizers? Because I guess I might as well start looking for a Filco. I found some White TKL Filcos with Reds on taobao.com do you think its safe buying from there? I am based in the UK. Also I might be able to ask some Chinese people from university to help me with the purchase, translate the pages for me etc. Do you rekon thats a good approach for getting that I want (white TKL board with reds) or is buying from China too much of a pain? Thanks

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 16:38:29 »
Quote from: Lolcakes;440010
Since my current board is Filco with blues, and I must say I do like it... Do you think I might get disappointed by the Leopold stabilizers? Because I guess I might as well start looking for a Filco. I found some White TKL Filcos with Reds on taobao.com do you think its safe buying from there? I am based in the UK. Also I might be able to ask some Chinese people from university to help me with the purchase, translate the pages for me etc. Do you rekon thats a good approach for getting that I want (white TKL board with reds) or is buying from China too much of a pain? Thanks

Not unless that white filco is priced reasonable which I am guessing it is not. I would give the Leopold reds a chance if you really want white keyboard with reds since not many options now.

I have a filco in reds, while I do like it with  the pricing of them nowadays I dont think warrants the high mark up on it compared to the leopold with  a similar offering.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 16:41:13 »
Quote from: jpm804;440013
Not unless that white filco is priced reasonable which I am guessing it is not. I would give the Leopold reds a chance if you really want white keyboard with reds since not many options now.

I have a filco in reds, while I do like it with  the pricing of them nowadays I dont think warrants the high mark up on it compared to the leopold with  a similar offering.

This. I don't think the stabilizers are all that bad.  The Duckys I have use the Cherry stabilizers, I don't really notice it that much.  For the price premium and ordering difficulty, I would just skip the Filco and get the Leopold.

My new toy coming on Friday: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JC4OZG

Offline Lolcakes

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 16:48:02 »
The Leopold board seems apprizingly cheap to me actually... With the delivery to the UK it is still £100. And I remember I paid £114 for my filco with blues which i got from the keyboardco

Offline fstop

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 17:46:46 »
After tax and shipping costs, EK charges ~$128 for me in Cali. Amazon ships a Filco in 2 days for $140.

Not trying to bash on Leopold,  but if it weren't for the added costs iI definitely would of picked up a Leopold while shopping for my first mechanical keyboard. But I decided the $12 premium for the Filco would be worth it.... in the end, I ended up with a cm storm with mx reds though happily. Filco quality cheaper then even a leopold :)
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 17:56:54 »
Quote from: fstop;440071
After tax and shipping costs, EK charges ~$128 for me in Cali. Amazon ships a Filco in 2 days for $140.

Not trying to bash on Leopold,  but if it weren't for the added costs iI definitely would of picked up a Leopold while shopping for my first mechanical keyboard. But I decided the $12 premium for the Filco would be worth it.... in the end, I ended up with a cm storm with mx reds though happily. Filco quality cheaper then even a leopold :)

I think LOLcakes was talking about filco in white with reds switches which is alot harder to get and also alot more to buy (probably around $250) so compared to the white leopold in reds its a no brainer to get the leopold for half the price...

the cm storm is great value but unfortunately does not come in a white case which he was looking for.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 22:59:49 »
Quote from: ironman31;439958
If you have a white with clears would you trade it for a white with reds? The reason I ask is that I ordered a white withe clears but was sent a white with reds.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 October 2011, 23:07:45 by TheProfosist »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 23:02:11 »
Double Post
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 October 2011, 23:07:35 by TheProfosist »

Offline MKB

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 00:54:37 »
I get my Black Leopold with Clears on Friday...  Looking forward to it.

Leopold Tenkeyless (Cherry Clears)
Leopold Tenkeyless (Cherry Reds)
Filco Tenkeyless Zero (White Fukkas)
Unicomp SpaceSaver 104 (Buckling Spring)

Past:

IBM Model F (Buckling Spring)
IBM Model M (Buckling Spring)
Northgate (White Alps)
Fujitsu (peerless)
HHKB Pro 2 (Topre)
Deck Legend (Cherry Blacks)
Deck 82 (Cherry Blacks)
Unicomp Customizer 104 (Buckling Spring)

Offline fstop

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 01:15:08 »
Quote from: jpm804;440082
I think LOLcakes was talking about filco in white with reds switches which is alot harder to get and also alot more to buy (probably around $250) so compared to the white leopold in reds its a no brainer to get the leopold for half the price...

the cm storm is great value but unfortunately does not come in a white case which he was looking for.

Oh yeah, I know that I'm just saying Leopold vs Filco in general. People usually assume leopolds are so much cheaper, which is their strong point over filcos (I guess they are for those who don't have to pay tax?) But saving the extra $10-$20 in my case makes the Filco much more appealing then the leopold.

A lot of leopolds in the classified section. I might pick up a mx brown/blue to try it out. But it seems like a lot of people are dumping their leopold clears already :(.
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 01:41:25 »
Quote from: fstop;440308
Oh yeah, I know that I'm just saying Leopold vs Filco in general. People usually assume leopolds are so much cheaper, which is their strong point over filcos (I guess they are for those who don't have to pay tax?) But saving the extra $10-$20 in my case makes the Filco much more appealing then the leopold.

A lot of leopolds in the classified section. I might pick up a mx brown/blue to try it out. But it seems like a lot of people are dumping their leopold clears already :(.
I dont think that many people are dumping their clears. Though I am all for trading the White board with Reds that I received for a White board with Clears as thats what I ordered.

Offline ruiner17

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 02:25:04 »
Wierd, I ordered a white TKL with clears and also recieved a white with reds. I contacted support to help straighten it out. Now just waiting for a return confirmation from EK.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 02:47:27 »
Quote from: ruiner17;440344
Wierd, I ordered a white TKL with clears and also recieved a white with reds. I contacted support to help straighten it out. Now just waiting for a return confirmation from EK.
Yea but I would rather not wait 2-3 weeks to get a clear board and I noticed many people were trying to get rid of their clears.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 07:04:46 »
sorry. its in black
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 07:16:25 »
Quote from: ironman31;440393
sorry. its in black
Thats too bad I really want a White with Clears.

If anyone else has White with Clears and want to trade for a White with Reds let me know. I would really not waiting until the second pre-order comes.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 October 2011, 08:47:32 by TheProfosist »

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 08:43:53 »
they sent your the wrong board.... silly EK.

same old same old
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline ruiner17

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 11:52:09 »
Quote from: noodles256;440422
they sent your the wrong board.... silly EK.

same old same old

This is a common occurrence with EK?

Offline Namkung

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 12:58:55 »
hi geekhack! long time lurker.. first post here.
thought i might add something here.
so i ended up ordering the white clears (the first batch) but i never got a confirmation email telling me my item has been shipped so yesterday I emailed them to ask and apparently they received
one less box (which he told me contains 10 keyboards) and are now trying to sort it out. sigh =/
of course it has to happen to someone who lives in canada! i know how long that thing takes to get here because i ordered a blue leopold tkl in the past T_T.
* Proud winner of the first GH SC2 tournament *
REALFORCE 87UB 55g
REALFORCE 87UW 45g

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 14:08:16 »
White tenkeyless with reds has arrived.

Offline Lolcakes

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 19:13:43 »
Quote from: hashbaz;440604
White tenkeyless with reds has arrived.

What are your impressions? Got any pics of it? How do you compare it to your Filco TKL with blues?
Cheers

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 22:41:18 »
There are two reviews of the new white Leos here and here.  Reaper's has some excellent pictures.

This is my first time trying authentic red switches.  I've had a ghetto red board for some time though, and so far at least I cannot tell them apart by feel.  Like many here, I'm in love with the red switches.  Such a pleasant yet utterly different experience from blues.  In terms of aesthetics, I really like the off-white color of the board and its lasered keycaps.  The Leo niceties of a detachable cable and channels are a step above the Filco.

That said, I really do like the angular edges of the Filco much better than the rounder Leo.  I'm not sure what the Filco's body is made out of, but I also much prefer its matte look to the Leo's semi-shiny plastic.  It just makes the Filco feel like a more expensive piece of equipment.

edit: The stabilized keys are sqeaking like banshees.  I'll have to get some grease.  And it might be my imagination, but the real reds feel a touch lighter to me than my ghetto reds.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2011, 17:03:42 by hashbaz »