Author Topic: Best RTS Mouse With No Acceleration  (Read 26743 times)

Offline Depetrify

Best RTS Mouse With No Acceleration
« on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 16:15:22 »
Hi!

I'm looking for a mouse with no acceleration, or atleast the ability to disable it completely. Most of the best mouses people speak about all have acceleration.. G9x, Sensei...

I don't really care the size of it, how it looks, how it feels or anything. I just want the highest quality mouse with no acceleration on the market. What would that be?

Offline HeavyArms

• "Lit"
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 16:17:53 »
Razer Abyssus. One of the best mouse my hands have ever used. See my page in the wiki about the mouse.
Head in the clouds.

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 16:19:55 »
Quote from: Depetrify;503515
Hi!

I'm looking for a mouse with no acceleration, or atleast the ability to disable it completely. Most of the best mouses people speak about all have acceleration.. G9x, Sensei...

I don't really care the size of it, how it looks, how it feels or anything. I just want the highest quality mouse with no acceleration on the market. What would that be?

With SetPoint, you can dial the acceleration down to 0 on the G9x.  Honestly at the end of the day it also comes down to having the correct settings for your mouse in Windows and making a very specific change to your registry.  If your mouse disables acceleration and you still have Windows set incorrectly, it won't be correct in many games.

I have 0 mouse acceleration and 1:1 movement with my G9x right now.
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline Depetrify

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 16:23:21 »
Quote from: Gawkbasher;503518
With SetPoint, you can dial the acceleration down to 0 on the G9x.  Honestly at the end of the day it also comes down to having the correct settings for your mouse in Windows and making a very specific change to your registry.  If your mouse disables acceleration and you still have Windows set incorrectly, it won't be correct in many games.

I have 0 mouse acceleration and 1:1 movement with my G9x right now.

But isn't the acceleration built directly into the sensor?

Offline HeavyArms

• "Lit"
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 16:23:59 »
Quote from: Depetrify;503523
But isn't the acceleration built directly into the sensor?

yes and no.

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:22274
Head in the clouds.

Offline DalaiLameR

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 16:32:00 »
as far as I know, the g9x has a hardware-based acceleration of 10% which can not be turned off by any software whatsoever (all avago 9500??? senors have this built in accel)

@ OP: it really depends on your griptype. I have teste quite a few mice and my 3 favorites are

- for palm grip: Razer Deathadder
 (okayish build quality, omron switches, best sensor, no jitter, no acceleration, but a bit too heavy for my liking ... but boxer, MMA, TT1, Morrow, Naniwa and many more use and love it)

- for claw grip: CM Storm Spawn or Xornet
(great build quaility, omron switches, great sensor, no jitter, no acceleration, it's a good middle ground between the deathadder and the abyssus but you may need to get a fitting mousepad for it)

- for fingertip grip: Razer Abyssus
 (okayish build quality, omron switches, may have jitter-issues depending on the mousepad and version (LOL-version is the most reliable), no acceleration, lightweight, thats the mouse I'm currently using and beside the poor buildquality I really love it ... also LiquidRet, mouzThorzain, TLO and Haypro use it)

I have tried all these mice and can definately say that they are all awesome :)

EDIT: Some other options, I unfortunately couldn't try yet are:

- Zowie Mico (bit expensive, no acceleration, no jitter, but heavy buttons (the MX blacks of mice lol), and heavy predition but overall a pretty good mouse
- Zowie AM (great sensor, omron switches, no acceleration, no jitter, but a strange / \ shape which makes it hard to fingertip it
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2012, 16:38:56 by DalaiLameR »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Model M SSK ReAlforce 88UB 45g Filco MX Blue Filco MX Red

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 16:40:34 »
Huh...I guess y'all are right and I inadvertently misled the OP.
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline vld

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 17:58:22 »
I can shamelessly "paste" some info from esreality:

MOUSES USING FLAWLESS SENSORS (And by flaw I mean unremovable prediction (aka angle-snapping, drift control) or acceleration, or z-axis bug, or whatever else is ****ed up for a gaming mouse in my opinion.)

3 buttons :
-Microsoft WMO 1.1 (STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04).
-Razer Abyssus (Avago ADNS-S3888). (Beware : the older firmwares create a jittering issue ; as Abyssus firmware can't be updated, you have to buy a recent enough model, loaded with one of the newer firmwares which fix the jittering)
edit 11/11 : beware

5 buttons :
-Microsoft IMO 1.1 (STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04).
-Microsoft IME 3.0 (STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04).
-Razer Deathadder 3G (Avago ADNS-S3668). (you may have to update the firmware to remove prediction)
-Razer Deathadder 3.5G (Avago ADNS-S3888). (you may have to update the firmware to fix a jittering issue)
So far odds are DA 3G sensor > DA 3.5G

7 buttons :
-Cooler Master Storm Spawn (Avago ADNS-3090). (Jittering fixed since firmware 30a ; high LoD fixed by firmwares 31 and 32, but it may have introduced some tracking issues with certain surfaces. Note : CM's tech team seems pretty active.)
edit 18/01/12 : beware

8 buttons :
-Logitech G400 (Avago 3095)
Important : The first generation of G400 are shipped with an Avago 3080E sensor (or not : see here) which has prediction ; to avoid it buy a G400 with a PID above LZ13333 (located under the mouse), which packaging is different (see Chris_P -from the Logitech Team- statement here) by having a Logitech sticker looking like that (supposedly ; good luck).

I can also add that the Zowie mico is flawless on 400 and 800 dpi - as far as the 1600dpi setting goes, its a "fake" one, it actually just doubles sensitivity from 800dpi.
**** happens

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 00:22:42 »
Abyssus, Deathadder or Spawn.
I have them all and love them all.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline DalaiLameR

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 03:34:21 »
Quote from: squarebox;503959

you sir, have a good taste regarding mice ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Gin

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 16:28:00 »
Quote from: squarebox;503959

I had a DeathAdder, now have a Spawn.  The DeathAdder is probably the best palm grip mouse out there.  The CM Storm Spawn is probably the best claw grip mouse out there.  Can't go wrong with either mouse, to be honest.

If only I had/tried an Abyssus, I would join you in that club. :-P  But alas, got so used to the side buttons that I can't play SC2 without 'em.
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline Creizai

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 10:28:47 »
For Starcraft II the most used mouses that aren't the Logitech Mini are...

Logitech G9x (IMMVP, MarineKingPrime, and a few others)
DeathAdder (Slayers_MMA, Slayers_Boxer, and a few others)
Zowie Mico (ST Bomber, ST JulyZerg)

So I would stick to those.  I've owned all 3 mouses and I loved each of them.  I wouldn't go with anything else really, I went with the Zowie AM because it was in the middle of the Zowie Mico which I loved for RTS and the DeathAdder.  I can Palm it and Finger **** it like a mico.

Offline Forin

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 10:53:11 »
mini optical, krait

Hi!

Ducky DK1087 MX Brown, Filco MJ1 Tenkeyless MX Blue, CM Storm MX Blue

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 12:57:47 »
I agree with the Razer Abyssus.  I have it's predecessor, the Salmosa, as well.  I never had any issues playing SC with either of them.
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline DalaiLameR

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 14:00:49 »
Yeah, despite the Razer-Buildquality, the Abyssus is the closest to the perfect mouse for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 22:53:25 »
Quote from: DalaiLameR;504043
you sir, have a good taste regarding mice ;)

Thanks. I've tried lots of mice but was disappointed by most.
Although Alienware Tactx and Naga actually surprise me. I feel that the Alienware Tactx is a tad better than G9x is term of grip(their performance is the same)
Naga surprise me the most in functionality, It's very useful if you require that many buttons. Performance is decent if you dont play FPS games.

Tried :
Mionix Naos 5000, Xai, Kinzu, G500, G9x, MX518, Alienware Tactx, Abyssus, Copperhead, DA 3G, DA 3.5G, DA:BE, Lachesis, Mamba, Mamba 4G, Naga, Kone, Kone
  • , X5, Comfort Mouse 6000, Spawn.
Quote from: sawedust;504641
I had a DeathAdder, now have a Spawn.  The DeathAdder is probably the best palm grip mouse out there.  The CM Storm Spawn is probably the best claw grip mouse out there.  Can't go wrong with either mouse, to be honest.

If only I had/tried an Abyssus, I would join you in that club. :-P  But alas, got so used to the side buttons that I can't play SC2 without 'em.

Deathadder can be claw gripped as well. I do with mine even well I've small hands. Abyssus is great especially as a laptop mouse.
I too have been spoilt by the side buttons. KNIFE and vchat :)
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 03:25:49 »
Quote from: squarebox;505963
Deathadder can be claw gripped as well. I do with mine even well I've small hands. Abyssus is great especially as a laptop mouse.
I too have been spoilt by the side buttons. KNIFE and vchat :)

Yep, DA can be clawed but after trying the Spawn, there's no way I'm ever going back to a DeathAdder.  The contact point where my palm touched the DA was a little awkward for me due to the shape of the mouse.  Also found the mouse a little on the heavy side; couldn't move it as fast as I wanted it to.

CM marketed the Spawn for claw-grippers, and it sure delivers.  Heard so many good things about the mouse that I had to give it a try.  When it arrived, it didn't disappoint.  The ring finger rest is nice; was a little hard to adjust to at first, but now it's become such a welcome addition that I don't want to use another mouse.  Having the top and side buttons customizable have made StarCraft II a lot more "functional" for me.  I can now map 7-0 on the mouse since I was having problems comfortably reaching past 6 on the keyboard.  Still adjusting to the top buttons, but used to the side buttons for the DA.

Only thing I'll give props to on the DA over the Spawn was the large side buttons.  That's the feature(s) I miss the most.  The Spawn's side buttons are much smaller and a lot more "dainty" than the DA's.  The side buttons are a little harder to push and are somewhat uncomfortable to reach and click.  Outside of that, I absolutely love my Spawn and have finally found the perfect mouse for me. :)

I had considered getting a G9x to try out, but hearing about the positive accel has dissuaded me from an unnecessary purchase.  Ever think they'll make a proper laser gaming mouse for claw users?
QuanticGaming.com

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 07:38:58 »
Quote from: HeavyArms;503517
Razer Abyssus. One of the best mouse my hands have ever used. See my page in the wiki about the mouse.

Though it is personal preference, that mouse lacks one of the most important features in a mouse. Gripablity, there are very few good hand position that the Abysses can be held at for extended periods of gaming. The sides are glossy and require, painters tape to be picked up. Even with how light it is. With medium sized hands I have I had to pinch the sides where the glossy part was and the buttons occasionally get in the way. Also, the bad gitter issue, is out there.. It spazzed out so much on my cloth pad. With older mice still circulating out there, it gives a very swayed opinion on a mouse. Though the rest of the sensor is pretty good, it has a really high perfect control rate and options for sensitivity choices. Im not exactly sure but I think it also had a z-axis issues. In total its an okay mouse nothing great though. The grip needs to be redesigned to something more ergonomically friendly, and the sensor should have had the ability to reflash the firmware. That way the jitter could be eliminated. 5/10 for me.
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 07:50:12 »
I play RTS and I could tell you that, I had a good experience with Razer Naga, Logitech G9/G9x for casual RTS gaming. Both of these were comfortable for claw. The side buttons did help, however the accel was never something didnt enjoy, so I sold those. Then went back to my 8 year old WMO and I am still using it. I was considering getting a Spawn, as the claw grip looks very appealing. Though the sensor is not the best.

If you don't mind the 5% + or - accel pick up the G9x. Its a great mouse besides that, very customizable.

Optical sensors are still the way to go they don't have as many problems as the other laser mice.

Very soon I will do a mod to an ergonomic mouse, and replace its sensor with a WMO or other. So the total cost will be less than that of most gaming mice today.

Offline crun

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 09:02:48 »
G9x is pretty good, I've heard that acceleration in this mouse is a myth too. At least in newer revisions. I've had G9 and it was a great mouse.
CM Storm Spawn is the mouse I'm currently playing on. So good it's just disgusting. It only lacks a 1000-1200 DPI setup. I have a fresh Logitech G400 in my drawer too (new revision, no angle snapping) but it's too big, too heavy and I'm not a really palm-grip type - going to sell it to my friend, probably.
All Razor mouses I had (Copperhead, Naga) were terrible. Had to RMA the Copperhead twice, Naga died once too.

Offline marvin737

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 22:19:29 »
Trusty MX518. It goes up to 1800 DPI which is more than enough. Has a very comfortable grip and lightweight too which IMO is preferable for longer sessions.

Offline ayrsen

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 03 February 2012, 02:00:00 »
Currently using a CM storm Xornet that I got for $20. For the price, I don't think it can be beat- playing starcraft 2 at master level with it. the CM storm line has some really nice products, I have a quickfire mx red on the way too

Offline noGG

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 11:28:43 »
Hey guys, just started posting here. Thought I'd throw in some info.

I play SC2 competitively (only in Gold) as well as FPS like BF3, CS:S, L4D2, and more recently Tribes: Ascend (wow, is that game good or what?!). I'm a real stickler when it comes to mice so I did about a week of research before I settled on trying out the Steelseries Kana and Zowie AM mice. I've gotta say, both mice REALLY impressed me despite having second thoughts (damn forums. they somehow filter out all the positives about mice when you read 'em).

The Kana uses a Pixart optical sensor (can't remember the exact name off the top of my head) and from about 48 hours accumulated game time it seems pretty good. No accel, no prediction, only some jittering. I've found that this mice works the best at 500mhz polling rate and CPI from 400-1600. 400 and 800 felt fine while 1600 felt SLIGHTLY jittery. 3200 could've been jittery because it's hard to control, but I've heard differently from other people. The LOD is pretty good too, but only if you use a pure black cloth pad. I used a Steelseries QcK+ and it worked as advertised (~2mm LOD about 2CD) but I ran into some problems on my Puretrak Talent. Oh, and the mousefeet are absolute ****.

The AM uses the ADNS-3090, which is a pretty sick sensor and is regarded by many to be the best optical sensor on the market. I've heard there were some problems with the CM Storm Spawn (sacrificing LOD for tracking, low malfunction speed, etc.) but the AM seems to have fixed those. No jitter on 450/1150, very minimal jitter in 2300. I'd recommend 500mhz polling rate on this one too. LOD is insanely low on both mousepads I've tried, tracking is perhaps the best I've experienced, malfunction speed is super high (I've reached 3.2m/s on Enotus, though I doubt you'd reach that speed in an RTS), and the weight is perfect. The Kana felt a little flimsy and cheap, while the AM feels damn near perfect in my hands. Oh, and it actually has 100% Teflon feet. :D

Honestly, I'd recommend the Zowie AM first. It's honestly one of the best mice I've used and I challenge any DA or Abyssus user to claim otherwise after using one. The Kana is pretty good too, though the mousefeet may be a dealbreaker (they really are that bad, it makes my Puretrak Talent feel like it's a rough glide cloth pad). The differences between the two aren't a big deal and it all comes down to personal preference between the two, at least when it comes to RTS. You really can't do better than the Zowie AM when it comes to SC2, in my opinion.

However, if you need a mouse that has higher DPI (though I don't see why anyone would need or want to go above 2800...) or has better DPI adjustment, I'd have to go with a laser mouse. Can't recommend a good one without accel as I prefer optical but I can tell you that your surface can be a factor when it comes to accel. I can't remember off the top of my head the exact details, but I believe I read somewhere on OCN that the Logitech g9x mouse has accel on cloth surfaces but not on hard. Something like that.

Offline mekkanic

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 22:07:34 »
you are probably gonna want to go with a mouse that has an optical sensor.

A Microsoft Wheel Optical Mouse would be a mouse to try out.  I have one and use it all the time for gaming.  It's cheap too :)

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 08 February 2012, 17:02:52 »
Quote from: mekkanic;508866
you are probably gonna want to go with a mouse that has an optical sensor.

A Microsoft Wheel Optical Mouse would be a mouse to try out.  I have one and use it all the time for gaming.  It's cheap too :)

Yup! Its what I use! You cannot go wrong, its 13 dollars.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 08 February 2012, 20:32:46 »
Out of pure interest I have ordered a CM spawn to try out. Its only 25$ on newegg and amazon! This will last for 2 weeks. Also! Here is a good review of the mouse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirQQiJYFuk

Offline Weapon

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 08 February 2012, 21:53:23 »
^ me too =)

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 08 February 2012, 22:37:32 »
Quote from: Weapon;509775
^ me too =)

sweet dude! it says mine will come in 1 day, with free shipping. lol. I love newegg!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 08 February 2012, 23:30:53 »
i wanted to like my spawn when i had it.. but the three DPI settings are not what i play at :(

well, the 800 was.. but i needed something lower. other than, its a nice little mouse.

im surprised at how much i like this deathadder i recently got.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 06:57:29 »
Quote from: demik;509877
i wanted to like my spawn when i had it.. but the three DPI settings are not what i play at :(

well, the 800 was.. but i needed something lower. other than, its a nice little mouse.

im surprised at how much i like this deathadder i recently got.

yeah I used to play 800 dpi all the time. So I think the transition from 400 dpi on the WMO to 800 on the Spawn will not be that bad. It looks like an ideal grip for me, excluding the fact that it is not angled for the right hand. I tried out the DA and I could not find the mouse comfortable, it was a hard mouse to pick up.

Offline Bry

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 12:58:57 »
Hi!

What type of grip do you use?

If you use any variation of a palm grip, I would suggest a Mionix Naos 5000. This mouse is a beast, and has a beast of a sensor.

If you are pure claw/fingertip, I suggest the CM Storm Spawn. This little guy is the ****, and has one of the best gaming optical sensors.

I have both, would suggest both over any logitech/razer/whatever. Mionix's customer support is also great.

last.fm | deviantART | SC2
Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Red | Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Brown | U9BLS - MX Brown

Offline Fantus_Longhorn

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 08:08:15 »
Quote from: Bry;510317
What type of grip do you use?
If you use any variation of a palm grip, I would suggest a Mionix Naos 5000. This mouse is a beast, and has a beast of a sensor.
...Mionix's customer support is also great.

QFT.

I've been using a Naos for just over a year now and love it. Mionix have said that they'll never make it Zero-Acceleration though as it's a nightmare for the sensor they use.
It's ridiculously customizable as well. Have found the driver to be a bit buggy at times when saving profiles, though.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 16:39:54 »
the cm storm has a good grip (though I wish it was a tad taller) and a very nice glide to it, however the sensor is far from flawless. It has a medium LOD  the other and few useful sensitivity options.. the drivers are also lacking in programability. I use it for RTS games since it allows me to move the cursor faster with less movement. But I still stick to my WMO for gaming, since I need that low DPI for accuracy.

edit: didnt check the firmware.. (firmware 30a STOCK) (firmware 31 and 32 are very very good) Improves use of mouse a whole bunch!
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 February 2012, 19:38:21 by Inf3rn0_44 »

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 17:04:11 »
I have a G500 and looking to upgrade, not sure which to choose from Naos 3200/5000 or Deathadder BE. I use palm grip.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Last Edit: Tue, 14 February 2012, 17:29:59 by Inf3rn0_44 »

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 18:33:24 »
Quote from: Inf3rn0_44;513479
the cm storm has a good grip (though I wish it was a tad taller) and a very nice glide to it, however the sensor is far from flawless. It has a medium LOD and few useful sensitivity options.. the drivers are also lacking in programability. I use it for RTS games since it allows me to move the cursor faster with less movement. But I still stick to my WMO for gaming, since I need that low DPI for accuracy.

Did you try the different firmwares for the mouse? At stock 30a the LoD was quite high, but since using 31 and 32 (settled on 32) the LoD on my Artisan Hien has been less than 1CD. If my mouse isn't touching the pad, any movement doesn't register.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
QuanticGaming.com

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 19:35:29 »
Quote from: sawedust;514587
Did you try the different firmwares for the mouse? At stock 30a the LoD was quite high, but since using 31 and 32 (settled on 32) the LoD on my Artisan Hien has been less than 1CD. If my mouse isn't touching the pad, any movement doesn't register.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Wow, thanks for that. I forgot to check that out, I have just installed firmware 31 an its very very good. Extremely low, just as low if not lower than my WMO.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 01:55:37 »
The spawn only tracks well on black surfaces now :(

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 03:01:01 »
Quote from: Inf3rn0_44;525276
The spawn only tracks well on black surfaces now :(

What pad are you using?

My Spawn is tracking flawlessly on my red Artisan Hien.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 41671[/ATTACH]
QuanticGaming.com

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 12:47:19 »
Black cloth pads, it works on all completely black pads.

Offline Gin

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:24:57 »
Quote from: DalaiLameR;503531
as far as I know, the g9x has a hardware-based acceleration of 10% which can not be turned off by any software whatsoever (all avago 9500??? senors have this built in accel)

@ OP: it really depends on your griptype. I have teste quite a few mice and my 3 favorites are

- for palm grip: Razer Deathadder
 (okayish build quality, omron switches, best sensor, no jitter, no acceleration, but a bit too heavy for my liking ... but boxer, MMA, TT1, Morrow, Naniwa and many more use and love it)

- for claw grip: CM Storm Spawn or Xornet
(great build quaility, omron switches, great sensor, no jitter, no acceleration, it's a good middle ground between the deathadder and the abyssus but you may need to get a fitting mousepad for it)

(okayish build quality, omron switches, may have jitter-issues depending on the mousepad and version (LOL-version is the most reliable), no acceleration, lightweight, thats the mouse I'm currently using and beside the poor buildquality I really love it ... also LiquidRet, mouzThorzain, TLO and Haypro use it)

I have tried all these mice and can definately say that they are all awesome :)

EDIT: Some other options, I unfortunately couldn't try yet are:

- Zowie Mico (bit expensive, no acceleration, no jitter, but heavy buttons (the MX blacks of mice lol), and heavy predition but overall a pretty good mouse
- Zowie AM (great sensor, omron switches, no acceleration, no jitter, but a strange / \ shape which makes it hard to fingertip it

Do you know if the abyssus mirror has jittering issue on goliathus mousepads?

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:43:19 »
Quote from: Gin;528642

You have to get the lastest version of the mouse, because the older ones develop a seriously annoying gitter.

Offline Creizai

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 21:31:03 »
Quote from: Gin;528642

I bought one for the g/f, checked it out after I saw some quakelive bros using it.  It was a newer League of Legends version.  It jittered on the Razer Control Goliathus, it was hard to explain but it just didn't flow.  Others have reported nothing though. I believe Cooler is using the Speed version err day all day

Offline Gin

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 21:53:08 »
Welp, sticking to my salmosa until the lol version becomes more widely available then.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 06:20:55 »
Id say just go with a Zowie AM or a G400 or the Spawn depending on your preferences

Offline AeneaS

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 13:36:11 »
Except for beeing a little heavy and expensive the Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.7 is really good. As far as I tested it has no acceleration, no prediction etc but you might not wanna use it on highest DPI Setting. Running it on 800 in fact. And the build quality is excellent. Also the customisation options for it are just sick! (Had a MX518, Razer Copperhead, Lachesis and Razer Imperator. I prefer the R.A.T.7) You can palm grip it, claw grip it and fingertip grip it as well.
If I would go for other mice I would prolly go for CM Spawn/
Razer Deathadder(maybe not since I do not palm grip but it is refered to as great mouse)
maybe a zowie but not really cheap...
the Microsoft IME 3.0 is the lovechild of many FPS gamers... But you are searching for a RTS mouse here...
Lots of ppl swear on the g400/g500 as well ^^
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2012, 13:42:01 by AeneaS »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 16:26:30 »
Quote from: DalaiLameR;503531

Is there any actual difference between the LoL version and the newest batch of the 'regular' Abyssus other than the runes? The finish appears to be the same. I'm not a gamer so I probably haven't put my mouse to the test, but I have noticed zero problems using the Abyssus I bought a month ago.

Also, what about the build quality is bad? It feels cheap to me because of the weight but I just put some quarters in the LED cavity to weigh it down more.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline AeneaS

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 17:56:42 »
Quote from: sth;532411
Is there any actual difference between the LoL version and the newest batch of the 'regular' Abyssus other than the runes? The finish appears to be the same. I'm not a gamer so I probably haven't put my mouse to the test, but I have noticed zero problems using the Abyssus I bought a month ago.

Also, what about the build quality is bad? It feels cheap to me because of the weight but I just put some quarters in the LED cavity to weigh it down more.
In my humble opinion all Razer side buttons feel quite cheap. Especially Naga. And the Abyssus issn't that far from those... If I were serious about playing LoL (which I am ^^) I would just rely on a good mechanical keyboard and use only the standard 2 mouse buttons on my mouse...

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 18:00:50 »
Quote from: AeneaS;532528
In my humble opinion all Razer side buttons feel quite cheap. Especially Naga. And the Abyssus issn't that far from those... If I were serious about playing LoL (which I am ^^) I would just rely on a good mechanical keyboard and use only the standard 2 mouse buttons on my mouse...

The Abyssus doesn't have side buttons. So, what you're saying is, Razer put out a mouse you didn't like, and you judge their other mice negatively without proof or anecdote.

Honestly my Abyssus feels at least, if not more solid than my old IME. Time will tell if will last me 6 years; otherwise I have no reason to buy another mouse.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace