Author Topic: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread  (Read 339553 times)

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
Re: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread
« Reply #950 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 09:07:11 »
Plus you know what they say...Anybody who uses a CZ in a shooting competition is basically a cheater  :D

3.4% cheaters at 2013 IDPA US Nationals.

EDIT: DON'T PUT THAT QUOTE ON ME, SON! I DIDN'T SAY THAT! ;-)
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2013, 20:59:24 by aggiejy »
Keyboardless

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #951 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 13:22:55 »
Nice Protek Atakp ... getting jealous of all these custom CZ's .... you guys in free states have it good  :p
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #952 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 13:31:46 »
Funny how there is so many Glock haters out there... Meanwhile, the brand leads the market share.

Plus you know what they say...Anybody who uses a CZ in a shooting competition is basically a cheater  :D

3.4% cheaters at 2013 IDPA US Nationals.

In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline eisenhower

« Reply #953 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 13:35:59 »
Funny how there is so many Glock haters out there... Meanwhile, the brand leads the market share.

And the Backstreet Boys sold millions of records. What is your point?

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #954 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:00:53 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:02:42 by aggiejy »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #955 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 21:17:17 »
Nice Protek Atakp ... getting jealous of all these custom CZ's .... you guys in free states have it good  :p

I've told you before, move to Texas!  Austin is kind of like California... or at least the transplants from California like it. :)

I want to move to Austin at some point.  I miss Texas.

Offline eisenhower

« Reply #956 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:09:24 »
I might move to NYC. Is owning a handgun there basically impossible? Even worth it?
I just own a browning buckmark.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #957 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 11:29:16 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:02:33 by aggiejy »

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #958 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 18:38:33 »

I've told you before, move to Texas!  Austin is kind of like California... or at least the transplants from California like it. :)

I would love to move to Austin... loved that place when I visited a couple of years back... the BBQ alone is worth it.

X-mas family photos =P

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #959 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 20:50:26 »
Wow!! Some nice toys you got there. Nobody will be robbing you this X'mas ;)
Keyboardless

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #960 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 00:40:33 »
Figure I would post before the end of the year ... hopefully everyone had a good x-mas and everyone has a good new years.

Here was my xmas present to myself this year, took me awhile to find it since I didn't want to pay the "gouging" markups on it but got lucky and my FFL had a personal one he sold me for a fair price.

Keltec KSG

Shotgun Saturday - joining the family...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #961 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 01:50:22 »
Figure I would post before the end of the year ... hopefully everyone had a good x-mas and everyone has a good new years.

Here was my xmas present to myself this year, took me awhile to find it since I didn't want to pay the "gouging" markups on it but got lucky and my FFL had a personal one he sold me for a fair price.

Keltec KSG
Show Image

Show Image

Bro, why you always gotta have all the coolest stuff :))  beautiful shotguns, man. Really really jealous of that KSG. Hopefully I can pick up an 870 in the near future.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #962 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 02:34:56 »

Keltec KSG
Show Image

Show Image

Bro, why you always gotta have all the coolest stuff :))  beautiful shotguns, man. Really really jealous of that KSG. Hopefully I can pick up an 870 in the near future.

Thanks.... I'm actually jealous of all you outside of California... only reason I've been buying so much recently is that come Jan 1st 2014, you have to start registering your long guns in California. So the least California knows I own as far as long guns the better   :p

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #963 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 22:08:08 »
You got the KSG!!?? I'm jealous. I saw one at a gun show a while back. They were asking $1500 so I put it down and walked away.

I accidentally put my 2 CZs in the same box one night. The next day I found this little baby CZ Rami.

Keyboardless

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #964 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 02:45:49 »
You got the KSG!!?? I'm jealous. I saw one at a gun show a while back. They were asking $1500 so I put it down and walked away.

I accidentally put my 2 CZs in the same box one night. The next day I found this little baby CZ Rami.

That's one good looking CZ family... I really need to get those metal grips on your CZ's.... also that shadow that goes with those grips  :p

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #965 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 07:35:08 »
The thin aluminum grips for my P01 are perfect. The grips on my Shadow are too thin (thinner than P01 grips). They have Thick version of the same style but they're out of stock right now.
Keyboardless

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #966 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 14:09:36 »
Whoa I never thought I'd see a gun thread here in geekhack.
I'm a fan of Beretta PX-4 for some reason.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #967 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 20:39:44 »
Did someone say Shotgun Saturday?

Finally got my hands on a 930 JM Pro, this is the 24" barrel version with 9 round tube. With one in the chamber and one ghost loaded on the carrier I can get 11 rounds in the gun at once  :eek:

Can't wait to shoot it!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #968 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 20:56:39 »
Put some new stuff on my 17L a little while ago and I don't think I ever posted it. Here it is with my new FC660C.

Show Image

Mmmm too much sexy. That red magazine is too attractive. Also, those white legends are so pretty... too bad it won't last :(

Yeah, they keycaps are the only thing that disappoints me about this board. Would a Realforce set fit on it, or is the right shift incompatible?

Also, with these Glock mag baseplates I can fit 23 rounds of 9mm in a single mag. Quite ridiculous  :))

Show Image

That looks badass!

Little bit of (off-brand) Tannerite in a pumpkin with AR-15 = fun!

(Attachment Link)

Looks like fun Aggiejy....

After waiting for a bit, my go to gunshop said he was getting one in and called me up before he posted it on his site... let's say I saved him sometime from posting it to his site and I said I would take it...  :p

IWI Tavor Black 16"... Sucks its so hard to get nice things here in California... but I persist and find a way.

Show Image

Damn all your rifles are so sick.. Do you have to be military to get them?

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #969 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 22:39:29 »
Did someone say Shotgun Saturday?

Finally got my hands on a 930 JM Pro, this is the 24" barrel version with 9 round tube. With one in the chamber and one ghost loaded on the carrier I can get 11 rounds in the gun at once  :eek:

Show Image

Can't wait to shoot it!

Nice Mosberg CS... you've finally completed your 3-gun setup. Post some vids when you can... :thumb:

Damn all your rifles are so sick.. Do you have to be military to get them?

Thanks....  the rifles can be owned by most civilians in the US... even though California tries to limit us from getting all the good stuff... I'm glad I can get what I can get in this state.....  :cool:

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #970 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 16:50:08 »
YES!!! I was just about to post a thread asking if any other mech keyboard fanatic also liked GUNS. Good thing I searched first. I currently own a Beretta M9 (9mm handgun - will post pics later) and a Mossberg 500 (12 ga shotgun).

I'm gonna get a CC license in IL right after I buy a Glock 26 which will be soooooon. Anybody else like Glocks?

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #971 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 17:36:22 »
Got a PS90 with factory installed  C-MORE mini red dot sight and 10 round magazine to make it legal for NJ. 
The red dot is mounted 4 inches above the barrel, so there's a lot of parallax shooting at close range (6 inch difference between point of impact between 10 and 25 yards). I'm going to adjust it to be for long range and will just use a laser for close range.

51397-0

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #972 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 18:21:00 »
Got a PS90 with factory installed  C-MORE mini red dot sight and 10 round magazine to make it legal for NJ. 
The red dot is mounted 4 inches above the barrel, so there's a lot of parallax shooting at close range (6 inch difference between point of impact between 10 and 25 yards). I'm going to adjust it to be for long range and will just use a laser for close range.

(Attachment Link)

How is that C-MORE sight? I've only ever held the railed PS90. Surprisingly comfy gun.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #973 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 21:24:11 »

(Attachment Link)

How is that C-MORE sight? I've only ever held the railed PS90. Surprisingly comfy gun.

Expensive but pretty good parallax on the dot itself.  From what I've read other people think they're good but some have had the glass on theirs crack.  I kind of wish I had a higher power sight on it since I'm going to go with a laser for close range.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #974 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 00:15:20 »
Nice PS90 PointyFox.... is that C-more the one that comes standard with some models of PS90 now....

I was using a bulkier Eotech 512 on mine before but switched to a smaller TR-25 for now....

I loved the model will the old ghost sights on top and it had a built in Back up irons in under the rail .... my friend had that model and I did like that setup a lot.

I would give anything to SBR this bad boy  :cool:

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #975 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 00:43:26 »
Nice PS90 PointyFox.... is that C-more the one that comes standard with some models of PS90 now....

I was using a bulkier Eotech 512 on mine before but switched to a smaller TR-25 for now....

Show Image

I loved the model will the old ghost sights on top and it had a built in Back up irons in under the rail .... my friend had that model and I did like that setup a lot.

Yeah, it's the one that comes standard.  I paid $1900 for my P90. I wish I could SBR mine too, though SBRing reduces the bullet velocity a little.  Can't even use any mags with more than 10 bullets.  Actually mine is supposed to hold 10 but only holds 9.  :(
The ability to have a 50 round mag makes this better than the Tavor for me, but since I'm in NJ, the Tavor might actually have been a better option :P 
I wish the red dot had more range to it.  It covers most of my target at 25 yards.  Can't mount a magnifier because there is no rail on the top with the factory RDS.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 January 2014, 00:55:17 by PointyFox »

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #976 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 04:03:57 »

Show Image

Yeah, it's the one that comes standard.  I paid $1900 for my P90. I wish I could SBR mine too, though SBRing reduces the bullet velocity a little.  Can't even use any mags with more than 10 bullets.  Actually mine is supposed to hold 10 but only holds 9.  :(
The ability to have a 50 round mag makes this better than the Tavor for me, but since I'm in NJ, the Tavor might actually have been a better option :P 
I wish the red dot had more range to it.  It covers most of my target at 25 yards.  Can't mount a magnifier because there is no rail on the top with the factory RDS.

I feel you about the 10rd mags, it like that in California also... but at least I don't think NJ has a minimum 30" Overall length inforced like CA....

how many MOA is that red dot its covering up most of your target at 25 yards? How big is your target?

Also have you stocked up on ammo... not a cheap carbine to feed.. hahahaha

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #977 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 10:22:11 »

Keltec KSG
Show Image

How's that KSG doing for you right now? It's pretty notorious for lemons (then again, so was the RAT 7 and I bought one anyways), so can you comment on how it is after broken in some?
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #978 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 17:15:54 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:02:08 by aggiejy »

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #979 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:16:15 »
I came back from a really good Vegas trip Sunday. I'm not a big gambler, but was able to make $500 turn into $2,500... so figured I should buy some toys that my wife wouldn't otherwise be overeager to approve. I've run out of keyboards on my wish list, so finally bought a long-wanted Ruger Mark III Target. I actually went in the buy the "Hunter Target", which is gorgeous IMO, but my hands didn't fit the grip and it was very uncomfortable. So I went with the Target instead. Quite a bit heavier, but feels great, and was cheaper! So I picked up yet another Benchmade... 810 Contego.

(Attachment Link)

The rest of the money will go towards an AR. Nothing fancy like you guys, but good enough for plinking. Pictures once I get it all put together. :)

Great handgun! The Target series is super accurate, especially for a .22. I wish I could trade my Mk II for a Mk III, the magazine release is really awkward.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #980 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:59:50 »
Looks nice!! Adjustable rear sight too. I don't think my Mark III has that.
Keyboardless

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #981 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:18:46 »
Hey guys I see a lot of you guys have some very nice looking guns here.  I like shooting but am on a bit of a budget so all the stuff I shoot is .22cal of some variant.  What I am looking for right now is a decent priced .22 cal rifle in lever action for a decent price.  I haven't done a lot of looking but the little I have done, all the lever action versions are quite a be more expensive than the semi auto versions.  My mom does have one but she won't sell it or let me shoot it.  It is a D.U. version with some gold plating and custom engraving.  I did forget to look at the brand and model last time I was over there.  She won it at a D.U. banquet dinner off a special raffle.  If anyone could provide some suggestions it would be appreciated. 

Melvang
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #982 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:43:27 »
I almost bought a Marlin .22 lever action. They had one at my local range for around $300.
Keyboardless

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #983 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:59:26 »
Hey guys I see a lot of you guys have some very nice looking guns here.  I like shooting but am on a bit of a budget so all the stuff I shoot is .22cal of some variant.  What I am looking for right now is a decent priced .22 cal rifle in lever action for a decent price.  I haven't done a lot of looking but the little I have done, all the lever action versions are quite a be more expensive than the semi auto versions.  My mom does have one but she won't sell it or let me shoot it.  It is a D.U. version with some gold plating and custom engraving.  I did forget to look at the brand and model last time I was over there.  She won it at a D.U. banquet dinner off a special raffle.  If anyone could provide some suggestions it would be appreciated. 

Melvang

Why would you want a lever action for anything other than to have one in a collection? They are impractical for target shooting. The Marlin model 60W 22 LR semi-auto is a great little plinker that won't break the bank and if you want something nicer and deadly accurate (I used one for squirrel/rabbit hunting when I was a kid) get a Browning SA-22 (one of my favorites.)

Marlin on the top and Browning on the bottom. You can get the Marlin used for under a hundred if you look around. The Browning will run you anywhere from $600-$1200 new and less if you get a used one.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:10:01 by smknjoe »
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #984 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:15:44 »

Melvang

Why would you want a lever action for anything other than to have one in a collection? They are impractical for target shooting. The Marlin model 60W 22 LR semi-auto is a great little plinker that won't break the bank and if you want something nicer and deadly accurate (I used one for squirrel/rabbit hunting when I was a kid) get a Browning SA-22 (one of my favorites.)

Marlin on the top and Browning on the bottom. You can get the Marlin used for under a hundred if you look around. The Browning will run you anywhere from $600-$1200 new and less if you get a used one.

I think I want a lever action just because I have always been a bit different.  Also just wondering but what is it about lever action that makes them not suitable for target shooting?  I don't compete.  In fact I am seriously considering relearning to shoot due to being left eye dominant but being right handed.  This caused me issues when I was on my high school trap shoot team.  I am actually going to be buying a Marlin .22 from my dad for the wife to shoot.  If I remember right it is the 60W.  Outside of getting lever action I was thinking of getting the Ruger 10-22 and setting it up with an aftermarket barrel, small scope and going that route.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline smknjoe

« Reply #985 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:21:06 »
Lever action is just cumbersome, slow, and makes it harder to stay on target. I understand wanting one for a collection and just plinking around. I wouldn't want to use one for hunting.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #986 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:24:37 »
Plinking would be about it.  I am a member of Ducks Unlimited along with my wife and both my kids (5 year old son and 1 year old daughter) are both Legacy Greenwing.  My kids were both Legacy Greenwings before they were a year old.  My daughter was before 6 months.  But I don't hunt.  I think partly due to never learning to shoot left handed due to left eye dominance but really want to kill a wild hog to put in the freezer.  That meat is amazing. 

Offline smknjoe

« Reply #987 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:33:47 »
I don't hunt anymore, but growing up we would go rabbit, squirrel, turkey, duck, quail, dove, and deer (whitetail) hunting. You don't want to be messing around with that lever while you're trying to be quiet and accurate, lol. I have never been on a hog hunt but I bet it would be some good eat'n. It's pretty popular here in TX.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #988 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 20:37:06 »
Yeah I am in IA so sadly there aren't a lot this far north yet but I did do a little digging on the DNR's website.  They are legal to shoot anytime there is any open hunting season and legal to shoot with any weapon so long as you possess a legal and valid hunting license.

One of the guys in my union millwright apprenticeship brought in some ribs from a hog he shot down in KY and those were some of the best ribs I have ever had.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #989 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 11:07:53 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:02:24 by aggiejy »

Offline thesentinel

« Reply #990 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 14:53:27 »
I've been debating whether or not I want to hack stuff with swords or shoot stuff with guns. I think swords look more badass but there's no places to go to show them off besides the internet. Guns on the other hand, you can take those to a shooting range and flaunt it around like it's nobody's business.
Keyboards are the only thing keeping me from consuming human flesh.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #991 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:03:32 »
...Outside of getting lever action I was thinking of getting the Ruger 10-22 and setting it up with an aftermarket barrel, small scope and going that route.

^^^ This is what I was about to recommend. I have a decent assortment of .22 rifles (LOVE to plink), but the 10/22 is the most fun of the bunch. You can make them super accurate with aftermarket accessories, or shoot as is which is fine too. The most customizable gun on the market probably?

One of them. IIRC the AR-15 and 1911 have more.

I have yet to shoot our 10/22, but I shot a little .22 Beretta pistol and it was really easy shooting.

I've been debating whether or not I want to hack stuff with swords or shoot stuff with guns. I think swords look more badass but there's no places to go to show them off besides the internet. Guns on the other hand, you can take those to a shooting range and flaunt it around like it's nobody's business.

More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #992 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:26:44 »
I don't hunt anymore, but growing up we would go rabbit, squirrel, turkey, duck, quail, dove, and deer (whitetail) hunting. You don't want to be messing around with that lever while you're trying to be quiet and accurate, lol. I have never been on a hog hunt but I bet it would be some good eat'n. It's pretty popular here in TX.

That is why you need to get better at shooting once, to kill.  You don't allow multiple shots because the target will notice and run out of shot if you miss the first time.

I like having the pressure of hitting the animal just once because if you miss then there is no dinner on the table tonight  :thumb: .  Any goon can hit a target if he's got an automatic but of course you need to waste time cleaning out all the bullets before cooking the beast.  Plus the meat gets damaged quite a bit if you go all schwarzenegger like on your target.

Offline smknjoe

« Reply #993 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:39:33 »

That is why you need to get better at shooting once, to kill.  You don't allow multiple shots because the target will notice and run out of shot if you miss the first time.

I like having the pressure of hitting the animal just once because if you miss then there is no dinner on the table tonight  :thumb: .  Any goon can hit a target if he's got an automatic but of course you need to waste time cleaning out all the bullets before cooking the beast.  Plus the meat gets damaged quite a bit if you go all schwarzenegger like on your target.

I was talking about cocking the rifle BEFORE you shoot. Secondly, you've never been squirrel or rabbit hunting have you? You are typically shooting one after the other quickly. We aren't talking about deer hunting or larger game where you may get one good shot all day.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #994 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:51:45 »
I do have to agree with smknjoe on this one.  However, I don't really plan on doing any hunting with it.  Just plinking at targets and just want reliability.  Call me crazy but by the nature of the design I see lever action being more reliable than semi-auto.  Not saying there is anything wrong with any of the major manufacturers designs but I see it as one less thing to worry about.  Same thing as 4 wheel drive.  If you don't need it, it is just more parts to break and cost money.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #995 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:59:47 »
Secondly, you've never been squirrel or rabbit hunting have you? You are typically shooting one after the other quickly.

I've shot rabbits, tricky but can be done with one shot from a distance, close up they're impossible to get.  No squirrel's where I live, but they're so small so what's the point?

Offline smknjoe

« Reply #996 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:05:21 »
One animal after the other. Especially, squirrels. You have to be ready to move quickly from one animal to the next with rabbits and squirrels. LOL, multiple shots on a squirrel or rabbit. There would be nothing left! I don't know of any type of rifle hunting where you would need more than one shot for one animal. That's why I think it's funny when these guys say their AR or AK is for "hunting". They are designed for the military. I guess you could say they are for hunting, but not for hunting game animals...
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #997 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:08:01 »
I would actually use one on wild hogs.  Those things are stupid tough.  On top of the fact that they cause multiple millions of dollars worth of crop damage every year.  When they get to traveling in herds/pack/whatever a group of them is called, a semi-auto rifle would be nice.  Especially if you are hunting on a farmers land that is paying you per head.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #998 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:26:10 »

(Attachment Link)

Added an airsoft quad rail.

Took about 18 hours to grind it to fit. But now I get to attach a laser right next to the barrel!
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 January 2014, 13:23:14 by PointyFox »

Offline inteli722

« Reply #999 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:28:42 »

(Attachment Link)

Added an airsoft quad rail:

Show Image

Took about 18 hours to grind it to fit. But now I get to attach a laser right next to the barrel!

That definitely improved the look of the gun. I always thought the barrel extension looked like ass
More