Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20286960 times)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #23350 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 11:08:54 »
some new cherry dyesubs and a gorgeous fountain pen as a gift from my bro riot, camera batteries dead but ill get some pics later if anyone wants to see
I want pics! ;D
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #23351 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 11:28:50 »
some new cherry dyesubs and a gorgeous fountain pen as a gift from my bro riot, camera batteries dead but ill get some pics later if anyone wants to see
I want pics! ;D

they are going on my 360 corsa which will be ready this week, i may as well wait until then to get some glory shots for you
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #23352 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 11:49:20 »
That's fair. I can wait ;)
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #23353 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 11:53:06 »
Bang bang! Just got an M13. I can't wait to get this beast home to clean it up.

FWIW, this thing feels loads different than the Unicomp BS board I have tried before. The IBM is significantly more solid feeling.

Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23354 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 11:54:27 »

FWIW, this thing feels loads different than the Unicomp BS board I have tried before. The IBM is significantly more solid feeling.

Show Image

Nope, no way I can steal this thunder! It's awesome, congrats!

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #23355 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 11:58:48 »
Sorry to spam a little but I just got another knock at my door with this O:

Very well packaged and In ate the wham bar ~ Nomnomnom <3 Love you Pexon
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Lurch

« Reply #23356 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 11:59:26 »

Show Image

Haha! ;D :-* :p :thumb:

Offline Lurch

« Reply #23357 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 12:00:21 »
Sorry to spam a little but I just got another knock at my door with this O:
Show Image

Very well packaged and In ate the wham bar ~ Nomnomnom <3 Love you Pexon
Show Image

Very nice. :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #23358 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 12:23:01 »
a gorgeous fountain pen as a gift from my bro riot, camera batteries dead but ill get some pics later if anyone wants to see

If you show me yours, I'll show you some of mine. Terrpn outdid himself and gifted me a lovely fountain pen:

Pilot Namiki "Crane Tsuru" Maki-e Fountain Pen, 14K Gold Fine Nib (FD-2MP-HO) and a NOS (1968) Pelikan M100, Broad Nib. Sure the Maki-E only have screenprinted artwork instead of all hand made but I still love it all the same. And the lacquerwork is handmade I believe.

And to keep it classy, the Pilot has a pen slip that's made from vintage kimono silk. #Swagger
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 12:33:12 by CPTBadAss »

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #23359 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 12:30:51 »

Show Image

that looks awesome. I want one now
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #23360 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 12:40:13 »
not really in the mail, but it was personally delivered by a little asian guy yesterday  :p

(Attachment Link)

Finally I own a real Industrial SSK.  ;D

More pics soon or maybe after restoration.

(what to do after finding the personal holy grail?)
Am I really little? :|

no (compared to your gf)

:p

Just kidding... No, not that little.  ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #23361 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 12:53:54 »

Show Image

Good!  This thunder is pretty rockin', so it'd be a shame if I had to call you out again.  :P

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #23362 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 15:33:14 »
Yusss
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #23363 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:31:10 »
a gorgeous fountain pen as a gift from my bro riot, camera batteries dead but ill get some pics later if anyone wants to see

If you show me yours, I'll show you some of mine. Terrpn outdid himself and gifted me a lovely fountain pen:

Show Image

Show Image

Pilot Namiki "Crane Tsuru" Maki-e Fountain Pen, 14K Gold Fine Nib (FD-2MP-HO) and a NOS (1968) Pelikan M100, Broad Nib. Sure the Maki-E only have screenprinted artwork instead of all hand made but I still love it all the same. And the lacquerwork is handmade I believe.

And to keep it classy, the Pilot has a pen slip that's made from vintage kimono silk. #Swagger

Unfortunately you're going to win this one, sir… Bunny got a Pilot Metropolitan. Still nice though ;)

Offline Lurch

« Reply #23364 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:33:57 »
In addition to the M13 I posted earlier, I got some records, and my GeekHack Keycon shirt!  :thumb:

Today is a good day.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23365 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:36:10 »
In addition to the M13 I posted earlier, I got some records, and my GeekHack Keycon shirt!  :thumb:

Show Image

Today is a good day.

Oh what vinyl is there? Can't really see.

I got a Madlib Medicine show #1 in the mail, except not my house :(

Offline Lurch

« Reply #23366 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:45:02 »

Show Image

Today is a good day.

Nice dude! <3 Madlib, <3 records.

What's pictured is a bunch of reggae records from ebreggae, including "Michael Prophet - You Are a No Good", which I have been hunting down for some time. There is about 13 records pictured total. The box is a 7x7" pack. :D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23367 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:48:58 »

Show Image

Today is a good day.

Nice dude! <3 Madlib, <3 records.

What's pictured is a bunch of reggae records from ebreggae, including "Michael Prophet - You Are a No Good", which I have been hunting down for some time. There is about 13 records pictured total. The box is a 7x7" pack. :D

Oh wow! So many 7"s! I was tempted to buy Metal fingers Vol.1-0 on a 10x7" box set....but I couldn't be damned with so many 7"s hahaha

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #23368 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 19:35:53 »
its deactivated, only legal way I can get it in the UK, no need for a licensees, because it can't kill anyone, unless I smack someone over the head with it :)
What a shame that they tamper with WWII history :( how exactly do they deactivated it ? can't you just put in a new in inner barrel and the inner trigger mechanism ?
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 19:38:33 by acidtrip69 »

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23369 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 19:39:34 »
its deactivated, only legal way I can get it in the UK, no need for a licensees, because it can't kill anyone, unless I smack someone over the head with it :)
What a shame that they tamper with WWII history :( how exactly do they deactivated it ? can't you just put in a new in inner barrel and the inner trigger mechanism ?

I believe they cut or weld the receiver somehow so even if you got a trigger mechanism you wouldn't be able to install it, but I'm not really sure...

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #23370 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 20:08:59 »

I believe they cut or weld the receiver somehow so even if you got a trigger mechanism you wouldn't be able to install it, but I'm not really sure...

I've even read that they will go as far as driving screws down into the barrel and/or chamber then welding over them. That's likely to be in addition to cutting them in half along the receiver and welding it back together. Basically anyone that could repair what they do to deactivate them would just as likely be able to build one from scratch.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #23371 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 20:14:13 »

I've even read that they will go as far as driving screws down into the barrel and/or chamber then welding over them. That's likely to be in addition to cutting them in half along the receiver and welding it back together. Basically anyone that could repair what they do to deactivate them would just as likely be able to build one from scratch.
if you can build a gun from scratch you might as well. Its fully legal in the USA at long as its semi auto and you build it for your self and not to to sell. If you build the guns to sell and you get found out you are in some deep poop as long as you build for personal us you are fine ^_^

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #23372 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:01:17 »
Got an Apple keyboard with Orange Alps (tactile) in the mail today and a terminal keyboard with White Omrons (linear) and sexy sexy Japanese sublegend dyesubs.  I tried the Orange Alps and fell in love, so went searching for a cheap source for them.  I'm making my Kingsaver choices difficult.  The Omron board is pretty cool, but needs a good cleaning.

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:07:31 by nubbinator »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #23373 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:01:49 »
Thank you, swill! I love it :D First MX bot <3

Hope the Stainless Steel gets to you soon.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #23374 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:08:48 »
Unfortunately you're going to win this one, sir… Bunny got a Pilot Metropolitan. Still nice though ;)

Pilot Metropolitan is great! I love that pen!

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #23375 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:12:03 »
Got an Apple keyboard with Orange Alps (tactile) in the mail today and a terminal keyboard with White Omrons (linear) and sexy sexy Japanese sublegend dyesubs.  I tried the Orange Alps and fell in love, so went searching for a cheap source for them.  I'm making my Kingsaver choices difficult.  The Omron board is pretty cool, but needs a good cleaning.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Holy crap nubs.  I probably just have a terrible sense of time but I swear I see you post a new alps board twice a week or so.  Is this you just your way of testing out switches to find what to put into your kingsaver?
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #23376 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:18:23 »
Holy crap nubs.  I probably just have a terrible sense of time but I swear I see you post a new alps board twice a week or so.  Is this you just your way of testing out switches to find what to put into your kingsaver?

I've just stumbled across some interesting Alps boards and discovered I really wanted some Orange Alps recently after trying a board with them in a shop.  I haven't had that many Alps boards in the recent past and have only had like two in the past month. Before that it was two months or so since I last got one.  It's been four or five months in the making for what I have.  I only have my Alps T-mount IBM, my Toshiba laptop that I got for the caps and sent the switches to Germany, my board with linear Green Alps, my board with tactile Green Alps, then the Orange Alps and Omrons you see above.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #23377 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:24:43 »
I've just stumbled across some interesting Alps boards and discovered I really wanted some Orange Alps recently after trying a board with them in a shop.  I haven't had that many Alps boards in the recent past and have only had like two in the past month. Before that it was two months or so since I last got one.  It's been four or five months in the making for what I have.  I only have my Alps T-mount IBM, my Toshiba laptop that I got for the caps and sent the switches to Germany, my board with linear Green Alps, my board with tactile Green Alps, then the Orange Alps and Omrons you see above.
Ahh my fault, I must be losing my mind :p.  It could be possible every time I see an old board/alps board I associate it with you for some reason.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23378 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:34:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

White Omrons feel pretty much like rubber domes with sliders to me. An interesting feeling switch for sure, but nothing I'd want to type long term on.

I'd be interested in feeling the difference between the various tactile alps switches. Maybe I will have to source some and make a switch tester out of a spare board.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #23379 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:52:19 »
Thank you, swill! I love it :D First MX bot <3

Hope the Stainless Steel gets to you soon.

Show Image

Sweet!  Glad you got it without any shenanigans...  :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #23380 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:56:07 »
I got a couple sweet nub caps.  They go great with my current setup.  Love this dolly, so awesome.    :) 

73378-0

And I helped pay noisyturtles rent.  Haha...  Maybe I can use the blanks on my 40%.  :P

73380-1

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #23381 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 00:12:02 »
From Geekhackers.org.   Thanks Mkawa  :)

And then this:

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #23382 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:33:06 »

All clickable for original resolution. ;)

This board is really solid and a lot quieter than my other boards with Clears. Not even a ping. :jawdrop:
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #23383 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 10:33:12 »
Don't have pictures but I got Cherry WOB set from hwood34's GB.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #23384 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:18:05 »
Pea Soup  ;D

73432-0

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #23385 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:20:17 »
Pea Soup  ;D

(Attachment Link)

NICE!! I'm jelly, I love that green, really wished CC made an MX version.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #23386 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:31:12 »
They cut the bolt in half, this is a more recent deactivation, so they kinda slaughtered it. Welded the trigger and all. Would be easier just to make a new weapon I'd imagine.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #23387 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:42:00 »
Pea Soup  ;D

(Attachment Link)

NICE!! I'm jelly, I love that green, really wished CC made an MX version.

the color is even more awesome in real. I try to make some comparison/more color-accurate pics soon.

Thanks to the person who made that possible. You know who you are.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #23388 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:22:27 »
Got some glow in the dark caps:

... ...

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #23389 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:33:50 »
Got some glow in the dark caps:

Show Image

Show Image

And a SkiData too I see. :D Those Raptor K1 caps are nice, they match very well with Cyan from GMK. :)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23390 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:32:40 »

Warmaster ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #23391 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:45:28 »
Show Image

Warmaster ^_^
HOW, WHAT, WHEN?
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23392 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:46:03 »
I love Elzy

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23394 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:49:11 »
Thank you Bunny! :]

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23395 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:26:01 »
Show Image

we GEEKHACK cap bros now too
I love Elzy

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #23396 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:32:35 »

Show Image

That's a beautiful key and a great shot. Somehow I'm compelled to put that in the F5 key because you know, I do that a lot in GH.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23397 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:42:52 »
ye booiiiiii !! Gotta represent the sky blue life.

That's a beautiful key and a great shot. Somehow I'm compelled to put that in the F5 key because you know, I do that a lot in GH.
Thank you! Plot twist: this lens cost me $40 :]

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23398 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:51:53 »
ye booiiiiii !! Gotta represent the sky blue life.

Thank you! Plot twist: this lens cost me $40 :]

I expect to see a follow up to this:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33155.msg1426226#msg1426226
I love Elzy

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #23399 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:56:31 »
Amkey MPTK-129 keyboard from B-52 Stratofortress. Pew Pew.