Author Topic: Thanks To Majestouch For Bringing Us Blue Cherry Filcos!!  (Read 11226 times)

Offline o2dazone

Thanks To Majestouch For Bringing Us Blue Cherry Filcos!!
« on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 14:14:24 »
While I don't like to figuratively BLOW any vendor, Elitekeyboards.com does good work. I've gotten free upgraded shipping from them, Red ESC key with another purchase, and continually great prices and extremely fast shipping. Honestly, if I was interested in a product that Elitekeyboards didn't stock, but intended to in the future, I would probably just wait it out until I could buy it from them, as I did with the HHK. And good thing too, because I saved $30 doing so lol

Offline Hamps

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 15:16:20 »
Yes, thank you Majestouch! It was great timing too since I was almost about to settle for Brown Cherries. I reaaaally wanted a Blue Cherry board though, and then I saw the newsletter! Plus, they had the blank keycaps for it. I can't wait for it to arrive. I'm so impatient though... this is gonna be terrible until it gets here.

Offline Viett

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 15:18:16 »
I ordered a Blue Cherry Filco yesterday. I've been looking forward to it for quite some time.

Majestouch has definitely done a terrific job.
Keyboards: FKBN87MC/NPEK, Dell AT101W (Black), IBM Model M 1391401 (91) x 2, Deck 82 Fire, Cherry MX8100 (Clears), Siig Minitouch
Layouts: Colemak (100WPM), QWERTY (100WPM) -- Alternative Layouts Review

Offline Manyak

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 21:59:47 »
Yes, Majestouch is great :D

I was honestly expecting to see a hefty markup on the blue cherry boards, partly because he knows that a bunch of us are waiting in anticipation, partly because he's the only one that sells them in the US, and partly to try and make up for any people that said they wanted one but aren't going through with the purchase. But nope, they're priced exactly the same as the brown cherry models! Can't beat that.

Thank you for being one of the few businesses around that still cares about what the customer wants, and for putting in the effort and taking the risk to get these boards for us.

You know Majestouch, you should try and get the Filco boards onto newegg.com. There are a ton of computer geeks that don't know about any product that isn't listed on that site, and you're very likely to get a ton of sales just from them.
Currently Owned:
Filco FKBN104MC/EB - Model M 1390131 \'86 - Model M 1391401 NIB - Unicomp Endurapro NIB - iRocks KR-6230 - Compaq MX-11800 - Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2 - Cherry ML-4100 - Cherry MY-8000-something - Dell AT101W (Black) - ABS M1 - Siig Minitouch - Chicony KB-5181 w/ SMK Montereys - Chicony KB-5181 w/ SMK Montereys NIB - Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 - Deck Legend

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 22:07:07 »
Quote from: ripster;96063
Yeah, rub it in.  I would have saved almost $60 on my 87U.  But I consider mine special because it is SN 90300207A.  Maybe it was #207 off the line.  Maybe.

LOL my 87U SN is 90300036A I guess that makes mine younger :) I wonder if that is why crescent-shop charged me so much for it.

Now on to the Blue cherry Filco's why OH Why did they have to come in when I can't order one! My wallet got emptied by my new Truck and now I can't get one of the keyboards I want most :( I really hope he rat holes a few so in a month or so I can still get one. But I really bet the GeekHackers will buy them all up before I can get one :(
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline poonsmjj

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 22:32:14 »
Thank you for the blue cherry filcos majestouch!! One question though - do you have any idea if they will be releasing a full-sized keyboard with blue cherrys? I'd prefer one of those - however if it doesn't seem likely I'll pull the trigger for a tenkeyless. Thanks!

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 23:10:24 »
Thank you Majestouch!

I ordered my Blue Cherry Filco from them yesterday and I can't wait to receive it! I remember ripster and I had the same thought that the board was going to cost somewhere around $130-$140 + shipping, but Elitekeyboards decided to not charge us the hyped prices.

BTW, I'm hoping they will send me a red escape key because that will make my board look mighty sick =P

Also, I sent them a couple of questions last night at 12 a.m. about the LED colors and W,A,S,D kit and they RESPONDED! It felt like they had 24 hour service or something. That's a plus right there =)

EDIT:

Oh btw, which blue cherry did you guys order? I ordered the blank one =)

Also, has anyone tried out that 'zero' tenkeyless yet? How does that one compare to like a AT101W?
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2009, 23:24:31 by watduzhkstand4 »
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline Viett

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 23:26:18 »
Blank, of course. I know where all of the keys are already, but it will look neat aesthetically.
Keyboards: FKBN87MC/NPEK, Dell AT101W (Black), IBM Model M 1391401 (91) x 2, Deck 82 Fire, Cherry MX8100 (Clears), Siig Minitouch

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 23:30:45 »
Quote from: Viett;96144
Blank, of course. I know where all of the keys are already, but it will look neat aesthetically.

^^^^^^^cosign^^^^^^
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline Manyak

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 23:33:11 »
I ordered printed keys. But now I'm starting to have second thoughts, the blank one really does look better.
Currently Owned:
Filco FKBN104MC/EB - Model M 1390131 \'86 - Model M 1391401 NIB - Unicomp Endurapro NIB - iRocks KR-6230 - Compaq MX-11800 - Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2 - Cherry ML-4100 - Cherry MY-8000-something - Dell AT101W (Black) - ABS M1 - Siig Minitouch - Chicony KB-5181 w/ SMK Montereys - Chicony KB-5181 w/ SMK Montereys NIB - Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 - Deck Legend

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 00:03:39 »
Quote from: ripster;96148
I ordered printed.  I plan on getting the blank keys later on to goof around with later.  Maximum flexibility that way in case I want to give one to my son (I was going to give him the Das but well...).

damn I wish I'm your son... being able to receive some awesome hand-me-down keyboards.
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 00:24:25 »
Quote from: ripster;96152
I'll set a high barrier.  Maybe HS Valedictorian.   Intel Science Foundation Science Prize winner.  

Do they award the Nobel Prize to 18 yr olds??

Sad thing is I know it'll end up being a victim to beer in some dorm room.

huh?
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 06:01:49 »
Ordering mine now :)

Offline kyamei

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 06:12:09 »
Ordered a blue cherry with printed caps as soon as I got the newsletter the other day.  Of course majestouch is probably going to announce a 104 key version next week and I'll be shooting myself in the foot, but oh wells.
Topre:  Realforce 101, Realforce 87U, HHKB Pro 2
Cherry Brown:  Compaq MX11800
Cherry Blue:  Filco FKBN87MC/EB
Cherry Black:  K-202 numerical keypad
Alps Black:  AT101W, ABS M1
Alps White:  Focus FK-2001
Buckling Springs:  Model M 1391401, Lexmark Model M 82G2383, Model M2
Buckling Sleeves:  Unicomp Model M4
Futaba:  Sejin EAT-1010

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 06:42:33 »
Yeah I kinda think I may go for a Realforce 87 rather than a 10kl filco. I only use one damn key on the 10k pad but man is it handy. So many kbs!
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 07:57:27 »
Quote from: ironcoder;96188
Yeah I kinda think I may go for a Realforce 87 rather than a 10kl filco. I only use one damn key on the 10k pad but man is it handy. So many kbs!

Which one is that?

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 08:05:13 »
The End key. And for he life of me I can't find another key to replace it. I use the "other" end key for something else.
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 08:09:46 »
Quote from: ironcoder;96198
The End key. And for he life of me I can't find another key to replace it. I use the "other" end key for something else.

Now I'm really confused!

Anyhow, can you use KeyTweak to reprogram the Scroll Lock to do what you need?

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 08:25:47 »
Thanks. I don't run Winbloze so that won't help. And on some of my systems (BSD notably) I actually need the scroll lock to be a scroll lock- but a software solution that only runs in X might be ok. The great thing about the End key is it's on the end. If I hit the key next to the scroll lock by mistake, I could lose a lot of work. Maybe I'll try using one of those stupid Windows keys if my systems will recognize it.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 08:34:17 »
Well, the filcos have an end key too... Does the software you use in BSD not give an "Are you sure?" warning if you hit Delete by mistake?

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 08:52:08 »
There are two ends. I use both of them:

Insert Home PageUp
Delete End PageDown

and then on the 10K there is the End key on the #1.

In BSD you need scroll lock on the console. The possible data loss comes if I hit the Pause/Break key in an X session on any system, not just BSD.

I'll have to try the Winbloze keys and see if it works. Thanks again.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 09:33:01 »
What about a seperate numpad? One of those and a filco is still much cheaper than a Realforce.

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 11:55:46 »
No, I hate gadgets and having stuff all over the desk. I want everything right in front of me and in one piece.

Thanks for your help, you can just ignore me now ;)

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 13:12:49 »
we're missing webwit in here to **** on this thread
"A bunch of Costar garbage aughhhhhhhhhh *Hollander rage*"

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 14:27:13 »
Quote from: webwit;96270
Actually I'm in the process of buying a whole lot of stuff from elitekeyboards. Including the 4 different tenkey-less switch types. Awaiting that shipping quote..

you're losing your edge :(

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 16:51:29 »
where is majestouch? I haven't seen him post lately =P
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 17:13:36 »
Probably dealing with orders for those blue cherries? I was emailing him earlier when I was ordering mine. Very helpful guy.

Offline IBI

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 18:27:02 »
Quote from: webwit;96299
Europe is not afraid of Chuck Norris. The Techno Viking will kick his ass.

Or he may wander into Banksy and end up wrestling an internet meme.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline majestouch

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http:///elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 21:50:12 »
Quote from: Manyak;96130
Yes, Majestouch is great :D

Thank you for being one of the few businesses around that still cares about what the customer wants, and for putting in the effort and taking the risk to get these boards for us.

You know Majestouch, you should try and get the Filco boards onto newegg.com. There are a ton of computer geeks that don't know about any product that isn't listed on that site, and you're very likely to get a ton of sales just from them.

Thank you Manyak, I spent some time working in Japan, and I learned that the word "service" is a word and idea they learned from America a long time ago. Since then, this word has come to mean nothing in America; heck I think waiters want 18% gratuity these days, then give chase out to the parking lot if you don't pony up. Newegg shipped me a HDD a couple months back that was sitting BARE on the bottom of the box; some packing peanuts and a torn tunnel of bubble wrap with half the bubbles popped rested gently on top of my precious HDD. GRRrrr...packing peanuts...Also, their pricing structure for shipping is a profit scheme I liken to shady ebayers that live in a van down by the river. The only thing they got going for them is that they the took a hint at the oh-so-obvious void in the web retail electronics business about 7 years back and hired some reasonably astute programmers to maintain their website. While I'd welcome selling more keyboards, I, fortunately or unfortunately, have too much perspective to sit back and watch other people continue "business as usual." In fact, Diatec products wouldn't have distributorship outside of Asian countries at all if they thought I was your typical used-car dealer; so I'm finding the place in the market for Diatec products  with quite a bit of conservativism.

BTW, great writeup over on overclock.net!

Quote from: poonsmjj;96137
Thank you for the blue cherry filcos majestouch!! One question though - do you have any idea if they will be releasing a full-sized keyboard with blue cherrys? I'd prefer one of those - however if it doesn't seem likely I'll pull the trigger for a tenkeyless. Thanks!

A full size NKRO board with blue Cherries does look to be a good stand in for Das Problem in the market! I won't announce these next week, but stay tuned.

Quote from: watduzhkstand4;96141
Thank you Majestouch!

I ordered my Blue Cherry Filco from them yesterday and I can't wait to receive it! I remember ripster and I had the same thought that the board was going to cost somewhere around $130-$140 + shipping, but Elitekeyboards decided to not charge us the hyped prices.

You're welcome, a higher price lowers my sales and my reputation for service and transparency; making me look like an ass, and making you feel like one should you decide to go along for the ride. It's not my style.

Quote from: Manyak;96147
I ordered printed keys. But now I'm starting to have second thoughts, the blank one really does look better.

You can still change your order, please send an email to sales@elitekeyboards.com.

Quote from: watduzhkstand4;96300
where is majestouch? I haven't seen him post lately =P

I'm back, and it's not a tumor (see avatar) Actually, I'm entering all these blue Cherry sales! Thanks everyone!

Quote from: ripster;96307
And Majestouch, well he better be busy stuffing boxes with Japanese newspapers and Filcos because Paypal says he has my money.

Japanese newspaper cost extra. Did you add that to your order?

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 22:50:42 »
Again Majestouch, thanks for making the effort to reach out to our needs. I will definitely shop from elitekeyboards again =)
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline Mercen_505

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 15 June 2009, 11:54:01 »

Speaking of packaging I got a 1 TB Hitachi Hard drive from Newegg two days ago ($75, free shipping, storage is so cheap these days).

Small world. I ordered the same, and got mine in on Friday. The drive works well :)

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 15 June 2009, 12:14:05 »
Quote from: ripster;96478
Double LOL - THIS ONE is for Webwit (insert Nederlands instead of DeutschLand).

I can somehow picture that scene happening at Unicomp HQ with Jim Owens et al xD

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 15 June 2009, 12:44:46 »
Ordered my tenkeyless blue cherry BLANK keyboard and got tracking for it.  Should be arriving in a couple of days.  Couldn't be happier!

On a side not, I was pleasantly surprised that the blank version did not have a price premium over the normal one, or any of the tenkeyless boards for that matter.  Don't really see this behavior from vendors anymore!

Thanks!

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 15 June 2009, 15:16:14 »
Quote from: SUPER432;96488
Ordered my tenkeyless blue cherry BLANK keyboard and got tracking for it.  Should be arriving in a couple of days.  Couldn't be happier!

On a side not, I was pleasantly surprised that the blank version did not have a price premium over the normal one, or any of the tenkeyless boards for that matter.  Don't really see this behavior from vendors anymore!

Thanks!

Majestouch is the man!
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline Viett

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 15 June 2009, 18:15:16 »
Still no word from EliteKeyboards.. and I placed an order on Friday. I've only received a PayPal transaction receipt. Hopefully I was not forgotten.

Update: Majestouch has contacted me and the issue was worked out. There was some sort of PayPal error.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2009, 21:16:40 by Viett »

Offline Manyak

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 15 June 2009, 20:19:06 »
Quote from: majestouch;96355
Thank you Manyak, I spent some time working in Japan, and I learned that the word "service" is a word and idea they learned from America a long time ago. Since then, this word has come to mean nothing in America; heck I think waiters want 18% gratuity these days, then give chase out to the parking lot if you don't pony up. Newegg shipped me a HDD a couple months back that was sitting BARE on the bottom of the box; some packing peanuts and a torn tunnel of bubble wrap with half the bubbles popped rested gently on top of my precious HDD. GRRrrr...packing peanuts...Also, their pricing structure for shipping is a profit scheme I liken to shady ebayers that live in a van down by the river. The only thing they got going for them is that they the took a hint at the oh-so-obvious void in the web retail electronics business about 7 years back and hired some reasonably astute programmers to maintain their website. While I'd welcome selling more keyboards, I, fortunately or unfortunately, have too much perspective to sit back and watch other people continue "business as usual." In fact, Diatec products wouldn't have distributorship outside of Asian countries at all if they thought I was your typical used-car dealer; so I'm finding the place in the market for Diatec products  with quite a bit of conservativism.

BTW, great writeup over on overclock.net!

I can definitely respect that. You can be sure I'm recommending your store to everyone :)

And thanks, I'm hoping to get as many people interested in mechanicals as possible - every time someone buys a G15 because it has 'anti-ghosting' it makes me want to kill baby kittens.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2009, 09:50:58 by Manyak »
Currently Owned:

Offline jkkhop

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 16 June 2009, 07:03:21 »
Just ordered a Filco 87-key with Brown Cherries. How fast do they usually ship to Europe?

It's going to be very interesting.. to type on a mechanical keyboard for the 1st time :)

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 16 June 2009, 15:01:37 »
Quote from: ripster;96485
Yeah, Americans have got their Digital TV but the metric thing will take us a while.  

It's not that hard, but it's not cheap either.

This is USPS for a 5 lb package.

I just ordered something from London.  We'll see how long the Royal Mail takes.

Good news! UPS have their drivers working out so they can deliver over longer distances...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAq_KnDIPc

Offline majestouch

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http:///elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 03:08:45 »
Quote from: jkkhop;96672
Just ordered a Filco 87-key with Brown Cherries. How fast do they usually ship to Europe?

It's going to be very interesting.. to type on a mechanical keyboard for the 1st time :)

The Brown Cherry MX switches are really great for transition into mechanical keyboards for your first time. I hope you like it!

Quote from: Rajagra;96838
Good news! UPS have their drivers working out so they can deliver over longer distances...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAq_KnDIPc

While an extreme example, I've actually seen UPS pull package tossing tricks before. This is one of the reasons I use Fedex.

Quote from: ripster;96842
LOL.  At least he didn't throw the dog.

All I know if I don't get my Blue Cherry Keyboard Thursday Majestouch is doomed.  DOOMED!

Careful, I know where you live ripster. I always liked this FedEx commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Set-r53xvBI&NR=1

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 10:33:51 »
I have seen that ad, but I can't remember if I saw it when it actually ran as a kid, or if I saw it later in one of those "funniest-commercials-ever" shows.

Offline lam47

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 11:29:11 »
Come on Ripster where is the board?
I want to see it!
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline lam47

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 12:06:11 »
I was not a Das fan by a long shot. It was just very poorly put together.
I would like to see some nice photos of the box and the board and everything :)
You like pictures don't you :)
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline Stevie Wonder

• http://www.steviewonder.net/
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 12:08:21 »
This forum allows pictures?

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 12:24:43 »
Quote from: Stevie Wonder;97107

Don't worry, Stevie, I can't see most of them, either.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 13:09:45 »
Quote from: Stevie Wonder;97107

No Sir, no pictures here.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 13:13:06 »
Quote from: Rajagra;97137
No Sir, no pictures here.

Show Image

Yeah, pretty much. :(

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 17 June 2009, 13:43:25 »
Quote from: lam47;97104

You like pictures don't you :)

if ripster had a choice, he would act out all his sentences in mime. ;)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline kencheeto

got it!
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 02:10:01 »
Got mine in this morning, and have been typing all day on it.
Coming from the mushy world of membrane keyboards, I've been lurking this forum for a few weeks now and was seriously considering a Scorpius M10.

Glad I threw that out the window and jumped on the blue cherry tenkeyless.
Looks just like the pictures; LED indicators are a good brightness, and the build quality is superb. Had an Enermax Aurora Micro laptop-style and thought I'd been spoiling myself.. but this, this is a new level of awesome.

I could take pics if you all would like, but all you'd see is the keyboard from the website sitting on my desk :). I'm sure Ripster's review will be much more valuable to you all.

btw- second day shipping is $20 vs the standard $11. Worth it for me. Clicky, tactile, and my fingers thank me.

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 03:31:49 »
Quote from: kencheeto;97297
Got mine in this morning, and have been typing all day on it.
Coming from the mushy world of membrane keyboards, I've been lurking this forum for a few weeks now and was seriously considering a Scorpius M10.

Glad I threw that out the window and jumped on the blue cherry tenkeyless.
Looks just like the pictures; LED indicators are a good brightness, and the build quality is superb. Had an Enermax Aurora Micro laptop-style and thought I'd been spoiling myself.. but this, this is a new level of awesome.

I could take pics if you all would like, but all you'd see is the keyboard from the website sitting on my desk :). I'm sure Ripster's review will be much more valuable to you all.

btw- second day shipping is $20 vs the standard $11. Worth it for me. Clicky, tactile, and my fingers thank me.

So instead of doing the $20 I did the $11 and bought myself the WASD keys
KEYBOARDS

SOLD
HHKB L-2
Dell AT101W

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 06:24:29 »
Mine is still on the "Electronic shipping info received" status on the USPS tracking page...