Author Topic: KOREAN SWITCH STICKER GROUP BUY! (RECEIVED)  (Read 127200 times)

Offline TDub

Re: KOREAN SWITCH STICKER GROUP BUY! (RECEIVED)
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 09:35:42 »
Still waiting on mine in Germany

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 19:24:28 »
hm, i'll see what i can do. really sorry for the delay :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #502 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 21:04:11 »
are the green ones ever going to be up for sale? xD I want
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline mbc

• -delete-
AW: KOREAN SWITCH STICKER GROUP BUY! (RECEIVED)
« Reply #503 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 03:08:00 »
Mine arrived this week ( Germany )

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #504 on: Sat, 08 December 2012, 05:58:56 »
When did mine went out?
I almost forgot about this since it has been taking a while.

Offline Ian S

« Reply #505 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 08:59:48 »
Still nothing here.  What's it been, 4 weeks now?  Only Demik knows when they were posted and didn't say when exactly that was.

Demik did you get proof of postage?  I think four weeks is the longest for anything to get to me from the USA and that was only due to 'industrial action' at the post office or customs office here where the parcel had arrived there after three days and then sat there for 3½ weeks waiting for someone to clear the backlog.  I've had a few small items from the USA this year and 5 to 10 days I think they been.  And envelope can be 3 or 4 days.  Oh, yes, just remembered, a couple of weeks ago I had the WASD parcel; ordered to received in about 5 days.

If the stickers are lost, I'm thinking now that I'll have to make a PayPal claim for my money back or something.  There's a limited time to do that I think?

It's shame that this fell apart after Demik you seemed so keen and proactive at the beginning.  Then the simple and quick task of stuffing, labelling and posting out 55 envelopes seemed to be too difficult.  I don't know why people have such and enormously hard time with this aspect.  I was in a group buy early this year which the person seemed to overwhelmed with 100 small parcels and yet had spent evening after evening for weeks designing and prototyping the boards.  Many years ago I used to send that much out between arriving in the office and making the coffee.  Envelopes though not parcels, they take a while to make up the boxes, but even then I'd just stick at it for an hour or so and they're done.

Perhaps it would have been better to have posted all the European ones over to one reliable person who could have reposted them all the same day?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 09:07:32 by Ian S »
QPAD MK85 MX-red currently wearing beige vintage Cherry double shots.  Logitech K750.  Cherry G80 1000 with Blacks / Grey (circa 1990) that I've had since about 1994.

Sold: Realforce 88UB 45g; QPAD MK80 MX-Blue.

Offline pasph

« Reply #506 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 09:17:51 »
Waiting...
But i trust Demik
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Ian S

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 10:13:48 »
Things still get lost in the post sometimes.  I sent a CD player rubber drive belt to a friend on the other side of London and that never arrived.  The belt cost me about £10 as well.  He'd paid me so I had to buy and send another but in a thicker padded envelope that time.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 10:15:57 by Ian S »
QPAD MK85 MX-red currently wearing beige vintage Cherry double shots.  Logitech K750.  Cherry G80 1000 with Blacks / Grey (circa 1990) that I've had since about 1994.

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #508 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 10:20:26 »
Just for the record, mine already arrived a while ago safe and sound in Germany. Satisfied customer here. :3

Offline Ian S

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 10:41:27 »
That's why I'm starting to think that we should start to presume those not yet arrived are lost.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 10:47:10 »
There seem to be a few people that haven't received their switch stickers yet. I haven't received mine, and I seem to remember communicating that they might as well be shipped to my USA address. Anybody else in the United States that haven't received their stickers?

Offline mm87

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 11:10:12 »
Haven't received mine yet either (CZ).

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #512 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 22:11:52 »
bad news and good news.

bad news is. i got sent back about 12 envelopes but it didnt state why they got returned. everything seems perfectly fine, as i've double checked the address you gave me. this is the second time USPS does this (first time was a package to signapore, returned with no reason on it)

i have repackaged them and double checked everything (addresses mine and the person receiving them).

im currently taking some test so it wont be until next week i can send them again.

the good news, for you guys at least, is that i'll cover the shipping since it must have been a problem on my part. im going to see if it's possible to get a refund or partial refund from USPS to deal with the costs if not, no biggie. xmas bonus will cover it :)

again, i am truly sorry the wait.

i'll double check tonight to see who's stuff came back.

Still nothing here.  What's it been, 4 weeks now?  Only Demik knows when they were posted and didn't say when exactly that was.

Demik did you get proof of postage?  I think four weeks is the longest for anything to get to me from the USA and that was only due to 'industrial action' at the post office or customs office here where the parcel had arrived there after three days and then sat there for 3½ weeks waiting for someone to clear the backlog.  I've had a few small items from the USA this year and 5 to 10 days I think they been.  And envelope can be 3 or 4 days.  Oh, yes, just remembered, a couple of weeks ago I had the WASD parcel; ordered to received in about 5 days.

If the stickers are lost, I'm thinking now that I'll have to make a PayPal claim for my money back or something.  There's a limited time to do that I think?

It's shame that this fell apart after Demik you seemed so keen and proactive at the beginning.  Then the simple and quick task of stuffing, labelling and posting out 55 envelopes seemed to be too difficult.  I don't know why people have such and enormously hard time with this aspect.  I was in a group buy early this year which the person seemed to overwhelmed with 100 small parcels and yet had spent evening after evening for weeks designing and prototyping the boards.  Many years ago I used to send that much out between arriving in the office and making the coffee.  Envelopes though not parcels, they take a while to make up the boxes, but even then I'd just stick at it for an hour or so and they're done.

Perhaps it would have been better to have posted all the European ones over to one reliable person who could have reposted them all the same day?

remind me to never take your money again, thanks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 22:14:45 by demik »

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 23:05:32 »
Sucks that a bunch got sent back, anyway thanks for the efforts to fix things.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #514 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 00:38:53 »
well at least i know they aren't lost. and people like ian wont be filling charge backs over something i have no control over.

Offline Ian S

« Reply #515 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 16:25:27 »
Sorry you've taken offence fella, but you been completely absent here.  You didn't confirm postage.  Nothing.  Quite a while between initially paying and your subsequent request for postage.  No confirmation.  Then a month goes by.  For all I know you didn't get any of my payments.

I've been bumped a few times for being too easy going and too trusting and lost my money.  How many times must a person let their trust be abused.  With eBay at least I realise that one has to be straight in there or lose out.  I have very much less patience these days than I used to.

And I was right wasn't I?  They were missing.  That's not my fault either.

I've run, or administered or overseen, a few group buys for my own club.  Busy or not, I don't leave people uninformed.  Anyway if I did the crap hits the fan quite fast.  I also over see the classifieds and recently I had to ban someone for taking payments and not sending good to some of the people.  He'd been member for a while and was trusted.  I had to prepare to use cops and lawyers and it wasted my time.  Not for the first time either, we successfully sued another trusted member before as he did a group buy, took the money and didn't send any goods.  And I just recalled a few times more, it causes a load of aggro for months first usually while we try and get their good delivered or money back.  I'm grumpy old man now with a harsh temperament toward this kind of thing.

Now what we normally do for group buys is the club collects the payments and pays for the goods.  I'm doing one now for shock absorber kits, £300 for a set of Koni, 12 people on the list.  That's a big risk for member of a club to just trust another member and too big a risk from my (the clubs) point of view to trust member with that much in light of what's happened before.  And if someone drops out it's not a problem, and there usually a queue for spares, as there was with these Korean Stickers.  Earlier this year we did one for bespoke stainless 4 into 1 exhaust manifolds, eventually it grew to 27 or so people in all so I bought 30. All non profit just to help the community.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2012, 17:24:31 by Ian S »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #516 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 17:41:36 »
tl;dr

Offline Ian S

« Reply #517 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 18:01:51 »
That also not my fault if one line posts are all that some people can handle.  :)

What's the point in having a nice keyboard if you don't use it (and only say one word posts) :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
KOREAN SWITCH STICKER GROUP BUY! (RECEIVED)
« Reply #518 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 18:11:28 »
It's hard to type on a keyboard while riding a bike.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #519 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 18:17:03 »
i wouldn't know, i dont have a nice keyboard.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #520 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 01:32:17 »
I want to put some kindling on the fire, so how many hundreds of dollars did these switch stickers cost you, Ian?
Demik is trustworthy, and it's not his fault if an envelope or two gets lost (or just takes more time to arrive than usual) in the mail. So why would you punish him for something he couldn't control?

I suggest asking for insured shipping next time you order something in a group buy.

Offline Ian S

« Reply #521 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 07:55:17 »
I want to put some kindling on the fire, so how many hundreds of dollars did these switch stickers cost you, Ian?
As I just posted, that's why in my car club the club now pays the initial payment to remove the risks from the organiser.  And in this stickers case we all paid in advance anyway....so you must be making some other point....err....I bought 4 sheets, that's not the issue.  Left dangling for weeks with no comm's at all is the issue.
Demik is trustworthy
with 7000 posts I presumed that.
and it's not his fault if an envelope or two gets lost
Apparently it's 12, that's about 23% or so of the total quantity so something's gone very wrong there somewhere.  After this amount of time I felt, correctly as it transpired, it was fair to presume they were missing presumed dead, and something needed to be done.  The time for patience was over.

I'm wasn't punishing Demik, just prompting a bit to get a response.  The damn noise the MX board is p1ssing me of and I need to do something about it.

I've bought many small items from the USA, over 15 years, including this year, sent by uninsured USPS and never had a problem before.  Usually they arrive here in 3 to 5 days.  Though for a time they usually took two weeks, that I think was due to slow methods at the regional postal office here or if VAT and fees were being added.  I had a FedEx delivery from Digikey that was about two days IIRC, and they billed for the VAT and fees later.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 December 2012, 08:06:30 by Ian S »

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #522 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 08:16:32 »
None of my business, but let me just get this straight...

You personally didn't opt for insurance on your package, and are attempting to blame the seller for shipping issues?  Your reason being you've had many a successful shipped package in the past?  I don't know how your auto insurance laws work over there, but here in the U.S. if you tried to tell a judge that you didn't buy insurance because you've been driving accident free for years...he'd laugh and make you buy insurance. 

Offline Glissant

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 10:26:35 »
I'm not going to discuss this further. I just want to say that 12 envelopes got returned, not lost. They are being reshipped.

Offline pasph

« Reply #524 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 14:55:58 »
Am i one of the 12?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline fruktstund

• !
« Reply #525 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 15:04:55 »
Hopefully all of us who've complained about not getting our packages are among those twelve. Had almost given up on getting these (even though I won't need them for a few weeks but yeah), so this comes as a nice surprise (hopefully). I'm glad they weren't lost (forever) at least.

Would you mind checking if I'm one of those 12 too demik? Best thing would be to just list everyone I guess.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #526 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 19:09:12 »
sifo
t-pub
loligagger
tinlongd
frukstund
ian s
mm87
csimi
pasph
kaiserreich
and glissant.

again, truly sorry about this whole deal.

Apparently it's 12, that's about 23% or so of the total quantity so something's gone very wrong there somewhere.  After this amount of time I felt, correctly as it transpired, it was fair to presume they were missing presumed dead, and something needed to be done.  The time for patience was over.

i dont remember stating how many people ordered. where are you getting these numbers?

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #527 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 20:34:22 »
Thanks for the update demik

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #528 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 20:39:55 »
23%? Jeez.. I guess nobody ordered stickers.
I love Elzy

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #529 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 17:10:09 »
When were all the stickers that were sent back shipped out again? 'Cause I still haven't received mine, and it'd be pretty silly if USPS decided to send them back a second time. I'll wait a few more days either way.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #530 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 17:46:26 »
I get that feeling. Sold one of my keyboard for 120$ shipped to Canada, it got returned with no reason at all, saying there was no recipient when the address was totally correct. Had to put another 40$ into shipping again, no reply from the buyer after that though.

**** happens.
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #531 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 19:22:52 »
I still haven't received my stickers, demik

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #532 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 22:04:36 »
yeah, ive been ridiculously busy (12 hr work days). im really sorry, i have a half day on monday and ill try to get everything out.

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 23:20:23 »
yeah, ive been ridiculously busy (12 hr work days). im really sorry, i have a half day on monday and ill try to get everything out.
nice to see everything is okay :) take your time :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #534 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 16:56:07 »
alright, sent a couple out.. then the systems went down.

i have maybe like 4 left so i'll try to get them out ASAP

Offline Glissant

« Reply #535 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 18:01:23 »
Mine arrived at my USA address yesterday (I think). Hope this hasn't been too much of a headache for you.
Thanks again for dealing with it.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #536 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 18:04:58 »
Yay Glissant! Does Moonprismpwr get all your goodies now? :P

Offline Glissant

« Reply #537 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 18:49:54 »
Yeah, SmallFry xD. She has to forward so much stuff for me, poor thing. I try to get it shipped to me here in Norway if I can though ;).

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #538 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 22:01:18 »
Mine arrived at my USA address yesterday (I think). Hope this hasn't been too much of a headache for you.
Thanks again for dealing with it.
nah, i just felt bad for everybody that has waited :(.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #539 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 22:41:35 »
Yeah, SmallFry xD. She has to forward so much stuff for me, poor thing. I try to get it shipped to me here in Norway if I can though ;).
Well, she could always forward it to me... I'll test it out to make sure they work first... :P

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #540 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 23:15:12 »
what are these stickers used for?

Offline dachef

« Reply #541 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 19:29:05 »

I hope I'm not sounding like a douchbag but you should read the description.

"They go in between the bottom and top of the sticker housing. They are suppose to dampen the noise and stabilize the switch a little more."

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #542 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 19:59:39 »

I hope I'm not sounding like a douchbag but you should read the description.

"They go in between the bottom and top of the sticker housing. They are suppose to dampen the noise and stabilize the switch a little more."

Yeah, sure enough its right there in post #1.  Don't worry about sounding like a douche, thanks for answering the question!

Did anyone order extra stickers that they're willing to part with?  I just ordered two phantom PCB's so I could use one or two sheets if anyone is willing to part with them, I don't care about color, I only want them for functionality.  I'll pay double what you paid for them to make up for your trouble of going through the GB.   

Thanks

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #543 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 17:03:49 »
Did anyone order any extra that they would sell to me?

Offline TDub

« Reply #544 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 13:30:51 »
Still haven't gotten my Stickers :(

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #545 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 17:35:12 »
Still waiting as well. I'm in no hurry to open up my switches again so it's no big deal, though.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #546 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 19:26:29 »
loli, i believe i sent out yours a week or so ago.

tdub, so sorry about yours. i got super busy with school + work that i havent had time to drop it off. i have like 5-6 left, which im dropping off tomorrow.

Offline mm87

« Reply #547 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 23:14:29 »
i have like 5-6 left, which im dropping off tomorrow.

Mine are among those 5-6 as well I guess? (No worries, as long as they get here it's all good :) )

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #548 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 23:18:12 »
yes, sorry.

matter of fact, after i send these out i'm done with GH.

Offline metafour

« Reply #549 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 23:24:13 »
yes, sorry.

matter of fact, after i send these out i'm done with GH.

Did you have a bad day today? It's just the internet don't take it all too personally.