Author Topic: Post your Poker!  (Read 1029258 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Post your Poker!
« Reply #2450 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 23:15:09 »
This will be a bit Photo Heavy.. But dont want to make my own thread just for one keyboard so here ya go!
I got my Poker X Custom built by jdcarpe ;) I love it!  :thumb:
Vortex Pure Limited Black Aluminum Low Profile Case, Poker X PCB, Beast Steel Plate Purple, Clears Lubed, Dark Grey in Spacebar, Cherry Stabs, White LEDs WASD / Poker X Spots, Cherry Profile Russian PBT Caps, GMK Purple Cherry Profile Caps.

That looks so nice.

Your candy corn makes completes it.

Thanks man. :)

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #2451 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 09:47:34 »
I'm starting to wish I got leds on mine.

Buy another one with LEDs :p

Hehe I think I'd rather try to learn to mod the one I have, but possibly good call.

Offline Digitize

« Reply #2452 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 14:53:15 »
Hello  everyone. I'm new to this whole mechanical keyboard thing. And what better way to initiate myself than to get a poker II as my one and only first.  ;D

Playing the utterly patient card with the current MassDrop for the Poker II. Just looking at everybody else's keyboard makes me want to already start getting keycaps even though I don't have the actual keyboard yet.

Oh the temptations and urges

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2453 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 15:12:50 »
Hello  everyone. I'm new to this whole mechanical keyboard thing. And what better way to initiate myself than to get a poker II as my one and only first.  ;D

Playing the utterly patient card with the current MassDrop for the Poker II. Just looking at everybody else's keyboard makes me want to already start getting keycaps even though I don't have the actual keyboard yet.

Oh the temptations and urges

Welcome to Geekhack!

Enjoy your Poker when it arrives, and be sure to post a picture here :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #2454 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 16:46:27 »

after months I was finally able to finish everything up with my Poker. White LEDs on it as well and it gives a great glow with the acrylic, but I forgot to take pictures of it!

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #2455 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 16:53:40 »
Show Image

after months I was finally able to finish everything up with my Poker. White LEDs on it as well and it gives a great glow with the acrylic, but I forgot to take pictures of it!

That eva set looks awesome with the acrylic case!  :thumb:

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #2456 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:39:20 »
Just got mine in from the recent massdrop. Unfortunately have to let it go as I need the dedicated arrow keys, but I did take a picture of it in its full glory.
Show Image

Before you dump your Poker 2 because of its lack of dedicated arrow keys, maybe you should try this:
  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57723.0

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2457 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 01:35:50 »

Finally can post here, sorry for potatos. :rolleyes:

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2458 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 23:22:36 »

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #2459 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 23:44:48 »

;D

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Where can I get these Poker modifiers? I need 'em! :confused:
try techkeys?

I remember some one was selling a set in classifieds (Think it was CPTBadass)

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2460 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 00:32:42 »

;D

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Where can I get these Poker modifiers? I need 'em! :confused:
try techkeys?

I remember some one was selling a set in classifieds (Think it was CPTBadass)
I'll check both. Thanks.

I would also be interested in geekhack -metal stickers. Sorry for OT and wrong section but you gotta ask somewhere. ;D I'd just love Pokermodifier keys and geekhack sticker on front of my Poker. Also ZOD and LOD keys should be ordered soon.  :p

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2461 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 10:22:56 »
My Pokers!

PokerX
Painted pink case, and rainbow caps

PokerX
Acrylic tex case, painted blue poker2 plate

And my Duck Mini
Tex case, SS plate, vintage blacks, and BSP keycaps.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #2462 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 10:25:30 »
My Pokers!

PokerX
Show Image

Show Image

PokerX
Show Image

And my Duck Mini
Show Image

All three of them looks very good!

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2463 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 10:56:14 »
Thanks, today i'll be starting up another 60% build.

I think this is going to be my last mech for awhile, 6 is too many lol.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2464 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 11:48:46 »
My poker II with WASD custom keycaps and color. I'm using the GuiFN layout developed by SpiceBar. The Space and Fn keys are flipped.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2465 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 14:42:25 »
My poker II with WASD custom keycaps and color. I'm using the GuiFN layout developed by SpiceBar. The Space and Fn keys are flipped.

Show Image

Nice!  How much were the custom keys if you don't mind me asking?

I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2466 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 15:32:19 »

Show Image

I paid 50$ for the keycaps plus 14.9$ for shipping fees and handling. I took a full keycaps set so I could try out all their color set and make different version for the key having media usage (one with the rectangle showing the Fn + function and without it).
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 December 2014, 15:34:14 by Ngt »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2467 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 17:07:59 »

Show Image

I paid 50$ for the keycaps plus 14.9$ for shipping fees and handling. I took a full keycaps set so I could try out all their color set and make different version for the key having media usage (one with the rectangle showing the Fn + function and without it).

Thanks!
I'm back.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2468 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 17:13:05 »
You're welcome! Talking about the price of an item or money in general is nowhere near a problem for me.  :thumb:

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2469 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 23:48:32 »
You're welcome! Talking about the price of an item or money in general is nowhere near a problem for me.  :thumb:
And it's hard to get anything if you don't wanna pay for it in a way or an another. Everything has a price.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2470 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 04:40:14 »
And it's hard to get anything if you don't wanna pay for it in a way or an another. Everything has a price.

Yup. Nothing comes for free.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2471 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 05:47:37 »
My Pokers!

PokerX
Show Image

Show Image

PokerX
Show Image

And my Duck Mini
Show Image

Nice, but get a 7x pbt spacebar from a Compaq MX-11800 to go with that BSP set!
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #2472 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 12:16:03 »

Show Image

THAT is lovely, guys!

The level of customization here is impressive: the keyboard is programmed with a dedicated layout, and the keycaps are fully customized.

Did you notice that he has a tactile point on the "ù %" key, which is the down arrow in this layout?

Also, the Backspace and Enter keys act as PageUp and PageDown, when pressed in combination with the Fn key (the upside-down white key).

Good job, Ngt!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2473 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 13:16:03 »

Show Image

THAT is lovely, guys!

The level of customization here is impressive: the keyboard is programmed with a dedicated layout, and the keycaps are fully customized.

Did you notice that he has a tactile point on the "ù %" key, which is the down arrow in this layout?

Also, the Backspace and Enter keys act as PageUp and PageDown, when pressed in combination with the Fn key (the upside-down white key).

Good job, Ngt!

Thank you :-[ . I was able to do it thanks to the long discussion we had. You were the one to tell me about WASD and your layout. I'm happy I could do justice to your pieces of advice.

It was hard to come out with the color I wanted to use. I couldn't make my mind for a few weeks. Reading the "Show your XXXXXX"-kind of threads helped a lot about finding out what I liked and did not like. I like the Ducky Grey/Blue PBT set so I used to as an inspiration and I added some personal customization.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 December 2014, 13:18:20 by Ngt »

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2474 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 15:07:53 »
My Poker 2:

Tex 60% Acrylic Case
Blank DSA Keycaps / Stock Poker Caps

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2475 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 20:41:06 »
Nice, but get a 7x pbt spacebar from a Compaq MX-11800 to go with that BSP set!
I have a spacebar that mostly matches, but I like the feel of the alum. One I have on it.

So my rainbow pokerX just wasn't right, so I ended up sanding it down and re-spraying it pink, except this time with a lighter color pink, and it looks much better now.

Not bad for a keyboard that I got the PCB for free, fixed it and really I only have about $50 into the whole thing :P

Before:

After:

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #2476 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 20:48:28 »
My poker with recently aquired nuclear data :)

Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2477 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 20:54:40 »
Show Image

I like the orange case with Nuclear Data. Nice board!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2478 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:00:50 »
Show Image

Nice! That case is the perfect shade of orange to compliment the set :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #2479 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 00:37:20 »
Got two Poker II's from the recent massdrop groupbuy. I was a bit partial to MX clear, wasn't sure how much I would love them. I program at work with ducky DK9008G2 mx blacks and orings, and at home I used to use a Corsair K90.. ( I got for free, don't hate )

Now I love the poker II, and as I'm slowly getting more accustomed to the 60% layout I love it. The ergonomics are so much better having a small layout when playing competitive FPS.

Can't wait to slap on some more keycaps on this sucker and bring it to work. I'm loving mx clears so far!

Can't wait to build the Infinity with Clears and Greens! The wait is killing me.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2480 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 12:28:30 »
I cleaned my Poker 2 today and added the NERV keycap which I bought from feng.

In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2481 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 16:55:30 »

Show Image

THAT is lovely, guys!

Good job, Ngt!

Thank you for that explanation!  That makes me appreciate this board a whole lot more.   :thumb:   That really is a remarkably well thought out board, Ngt.  :)  Great work.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2482 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:43:28 »

Show Image

THAT is lovely, guys!

Good job, Ngt!

Thank you for that explanation!  That makes me appreciate this board a whole lot more.   :thumb:   That really is a remarkably well thought out board, Ngt.  :)  Great work.
Thank you Hoffman. You make me blush!

I'd love to have a low profile case like a Pexon but without weighing down the board. I read that some people sand down the edge to get the same visual result. I might try it.

One thing I didn't mention is that the board has a blue backlight. I could post some pictures with it if you like but I'm not that fond of it.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2483 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 04:54:17 »
I'd love to have a low profile case like a Pexon but without weighing down the board. I read that some people sand down the edge to get the same visual result. I might try it.

I though about doing it for a while , here's an album of someone doing it  : http://imgur.com/a/GQI3q#0 .

And again , weighting down the keyboard is nice !

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2484 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 05:16:44 »

I though about doing it for a while , here's an album of someone doing it  : http://imgur.com/a/GQI3q#0 .

And again , weighting down the keyboard is nice !
Well weighing down the board is a pain in the ass if you intend on moving it. I remember how much your laptop suitcase was heavy with it.

Thanks for the link BTW.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #2485 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 19:59:39 »
Nothing too special but lubed  ;D

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2486 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 20:03:27 »
Nothing too special but lubed  ;D

Don't forget about that sweet anti-bleed mod!  :thumb:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Buckling

• Poker 2 Clears / Leopold 21Key Blues
« Reply #2487 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 10:01:54 »

Sorry for quality.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2488 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 10:53:45 »

Show Image

Sorry for quality.

Nice pairing there!
I'm back.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #2489 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 14:28:04 »

23 skidoo0oo0o!
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2490 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 14:29:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

23 skidoo0oo0o!
beautiful board  :thumb:
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2491 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 14:51:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

23 skidoo0oo0o!

I like this.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2492 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:46:43 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

23 skidoo0oo0o!
Nice! What keycaps are these?

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2493 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 18:11:45 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

23 skidoo0oo0o!
Nice! What keycaps are these?

Those are SA profile. The GB is over but here's the link if you would like to see more.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45655.0
:)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline SlotH42

• one slow step for sloth
« Reply #2494 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 01:24:05 »
MP-GBL4 (red) Poker II (clears) Realforce R2TL 55g

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2495 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 11:35:16 »
Show Image

That is a very nice LED and keycap combo  :thumb:

Just picked up my Tex 60% in silver from the post office. Pics as soon as I find my card reader or laptop...

Offline Buckling

• Poker 2 Clears / Leopold 21Key Blues
« Reply #2496 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 21:18:41 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 December 2014, 21:20:41 by Buckling »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2497 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 22:51:17 »
Show Image

Album http://imgur.com/a/AJ3Mw#0

Matching case, cap and cable - nice one :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #2498 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 08:01:24 »
Show Image

Album http://imgur.com/a/AJ3Mw#0

Ooo you managed to capture the texture of the keycaps, nice photo!

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #2499 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 16:37:46 »

Opinions?