Author Topic: Post your Poker!  (Read 1029454 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Post your Poker!
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 22:12:31 »
I just got my Poker and I love it! Got my new geekhack keys on there too! They look awesome.

Oooo, very nice.

Offline Preach

• The Insane
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 22:18:20 »
I just got my Poker and I love it! Got my new geekhack keys on there too! They look awesome.

Nice. I've been looking at pokers but not sure if I should get one cause they're made by same company that makes race. Not sure if they have the same issues as the race or not.

Also, I need to get a RGB set. =]
QFR - Browns |

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 22:44:48 »

Nice. I've been looking at pokers but not sure if I should get one cause they're made by same company that makes race. Not sure if they have the same issues as the race or not.

RGB is going to be my next purchase. Then mimic cable
Then life will be complete...
Until I find another purchase.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline Preach

• The Insane
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 22:50:04 »

I have a feeling my QFR is going to end up as a vomit board. At least until I get another board.
QFR - Browns |

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 22:57:42 »

I have a feeling my QFR is going to end up as a vomit board. At least until I get another board.
Refrain from creating a vomit board out of any of my own is the reason i have a lot of my caps in my KBT pure box, unused, for the time being.
Having a bad day?

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #405 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 03:56:56 »
Guys, if I want to change the switches on a poker, do I have to desolder and solder them?

Offline Batmann

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 04:21:58 »
^ no you don't, you just need to open the switch and change the stem/spring
You would have to do soldering/desoldering job if you want to mount a plate

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #407 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:37:14 »

Oooo, very nice.

Thanks! Its borderline to much color and variation, but I think it looks sweet with the RGB!

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 18:53:39 »
Guys, if I want to change the switches on a poker, do I have to desolder and solder them?

There are 7 switches, i think, that have LED's in them, so you would have to desolder those LED's in order to change the internals of all of the switches.
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline Glissant

Post your Poker!
« Reply #409 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:02:51 »
Poker plate installed. Not really :(

12252-0

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #410 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:20:40 »

(Attachment Link)

Img is broken on my end, so to me, not really installed ;)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:23:15 »
You can't click it?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #412 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:23:50 »
You can't click it?

Ohhh yes, I can! Just not look at the thumbnail.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:25:03 »
Yeah that happens when uploading with the new tapatalk2 application for some reason, and I didn't feel like uploading it to my computer then fixing the image just for a thumbnail =p

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Post your Poker!
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:27:24 »
Yeah that happens when uploading with the new tapatalk2 application for some reason, and I didn't feel like uploading it to my computer then fixing the image just for a thumbnail =p

I upgraded, but from habit still use #1 :D

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:37:04 »

(Attachment Link)

how does it feel like with the metal plate? :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #416 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:12:06 »

(Attachment Link)

how does it feel like with the metal plate? :)

Glissant wouldn't know, because the plate is just sitting on top of the stock Poker. Poor Glissant, I want to help you brother. :'(

To answer your question, it feels AWESOME! That, combined with an alu case, make the Poker into my favorite keyboard.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #417 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 22:44:23 »
glod damn it, i came in the poker game late, i've tried different things with it, like switches and key caps, but what i really want is a damn plate and case. But as much as i could beg people in classifieds for one i might as well just wait for GH60. lol wont need the poker pcb anymore.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 22:47:51 »
glod damn it, i came in the poker game late, i've tried different things with it, like switches and key caps, but what i really want is a damn plate and case. But as much as i could beg people in classifieds for one i might as well just wait for GH60. lol wont need the poker pcb anymore.

We need more cases and plates! Seeing all these makes me want to mod one!
Looking for CC's!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 00:58:27 »
J.D. is correct. I am having a hell of a time trying to desolder even one switch. Now I am sort of worried I might have overheated the pcb with my ****ty soldering iron.
I'll be buying some new tips later on, and going for a last look to see if I can find my soldering station that I bought about 7 years ago.

Thanks for the offer, J.D. =). Like everything else in this world I will figure it out with time and effort. And maybe some youtube videos.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 01:02:28 »
J.D. is correct. I am having a hell of a time trying to desolder even one switch. Now I am sort of worried I might have overheated the pcb with my ****ty soldering iron.
I'll be buying some new tips later on, and going for a last look to see if I can find my soldering station that I bought about 7 years ago.

Thanks for the offer, J.D. =). Like everything else in this world I will figure it out with time and effort. And maybe some youtube videos.

Just the tip?

Not the whole thing?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Glissant

« Reply #421 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 07:08:38 »
Just the tiiiiip :). I just bought two new tips (is $13 for two tips expensive?) and the motherbleepers didn't even fit my iron. I'm going to have to see if a neighbor of mine has a spare iron to lend me or something. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
I'm hoping that I can show some poker pictures with a plate installed soon.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #422 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 07:50:40 »
^ I had a hard time desoldering switches with my crappy iron too (30W)
First I found out that solder applied on ROHS boards (like the poker) requires more heat than the solder I use.
Then if you didn't manage to remove all the solder at the first attempt, do not insist otherwise you can burn the pcb. In fact if there is not enough solder left it won't "conduct" the heat properly so in this case just apply some fresh solder and redo the desoldering task. This worked very well for me.
I tried to make it clear but I'm not sure it is.
Maybe some solder wizard could explain it better  :)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #423 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 08:55:36 »
Hahaha well I just pulled a piece of trace the size of Manhattan from the backslash to the backspace, so I'm pretty sure I'm f'ed xD.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 09:01:25 »
Been there, buddy, but it wasn't a Poker. It was my Phantom. :'(

Probably alaricljs can save if for you, if you ask him.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Glissant

« Reply #425 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 09:05:56 »
On the plus side I have a whole board of switches where I don't really care anymore =D. And I've already pulled and perfected pulling twenty switches ^^.
Thanks for the support, brother. I'll send him a message if I feel like getting it fixed ;).

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 09:06:58 »
Now you just need a GH60 PCB :)

in memoriam

Offline Glissant

Post your Poker!
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 10:20:44 »
^ GH60 pcb is going to be amazing :D . Wish mine said prototype, but a normal one will surely be awesome too.
Here's my poker now.
12269-0

(click the link. posting images with tapatalk2 is still not working correctly)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:01:24 »
Hahaha well I just pulled a piece of trace the size of Manhattan from the backslash to the backspace, so I'm pretty sure I'm f'ed xD.

on your poker? damn that really sucks to hear

i've desoldered my poker twice and my race once didn't have an issue at all, set my 40w adjustable weller to 4 out of 5, used a pointy conical tip, held my Soldapullt over joint and press the button and everything comes up, empty the soldapult and repeat. if the switch doesnt easily fall out i either put more solder on and try again or i use a solder wick when i know its just a little bit holding it in. i couldn't stand the cheapo bulb-style desoldering iron, it was hurting my hand and not very fast really.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:26:48 »
I got the hang of it after a couple of switches, but by the time I got a working tip and the solder pump I had already burned the trace connection and lifted the trace. It came up really easily. I could probably fix it by soldering a little piece of copper wire and adding some aluminum to the trace connections that I burned, but that will have to be a future project.
For now I am looking forward to my ErgoDox and hopefully a GH60 PCB very soon :D.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:45:47 »
I got the hang of it after a couple of switches, but by the time I got a working tip and the solder pump I had already burned the trace connection and lifted the trace. It came up really easily. I could probably fix it by soldering a little piece of copper wire and adding some aluminum to the trace connections that I burned, but that will have to be a future project.
For now I am looking forward to my ErgoDox and hopefully a GH60 PCB very soon :D.

ive messed up a trace on a couple kits i got to practice on, but they are really cheap quality, had to run a wire to repair it like that.

im looking forward to the GH60 and ErgoDox so much, i don't know if i will need any of my other keyboards lol. maybe someone will want a poker pcb when i dont need it.

Offline Sai

« Reply #431 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 01:17:33 »
i gotta careful too after reading this

no exp in soldering or watsoever. :/
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Glissant

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 05:04:31 »
I would say practice on something that you don't use anymore; that will make you a lot more confident when doing any type of soldering on something you actually do want to use ^^.

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #433 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 06:28:03 »
Added my The_Beast plate to my poker and lubed the switches. Along with White on black cherry DS, RGBY and MiMiC DSS cable.

It feels so good with the plate and lubed switches :D

Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline egotrippin

« Reply #434 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 05:41:11 »
I just received this Poker with Cherry MX Blues yesterday.  I have a full white PBT keycap set with grey writing and the original black keys.  I'm playing with the pattern a little bit here but I'm not sure what my final configuration will be.  Sorry for the bad photo. 

Does anybody know where I could get a nice aluminum case or other accessories?  I want one of those with the suits cut into the back. 

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #435 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 05:49:53 »
Does anybody know where I could get a nice aluminum case or other accessories?  I want one of those with the suits cut into the back. 

Then be prepared to pay $300 :) It is called a Duck Poker Case.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline egotrippin

« Reply #436 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 06:59:31 »

eek - I'm not sure if I like it that much, I'd probably rather get in on one of those LZ-GH deals.  I haven't grown used to the small form factor yet.  I keep reaching for the arrow keys and realizing that they aren't there.  Also, next to my giant monitor and speakers it appears to be dwarfed.  It's still a bad ass little keyboard. 

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #437 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 07:41:11 »

eek - I'm not sure if I like it that much, I'd probably rather get in on one of those LZ-GH deals.  I haven't grown used to the small form factor yet.  I keep reaching for the arrow keys and realizing that they aren't there.  Also, next to my giant monitor and speakers it appears to be dwarfed.  It's still a bad ass little keyboard. 

The Duck is a lovely case, but thankfully there are also cheaper options. Imsto and treble318 have made cases and I believe either or both of them may be making some more in the coming months. Those usually run at around $100ish.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline rygar

« Reply #438 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:49:03 »

The Duck is a lovely case, but thankfully there are also cheaper options. Imsto and treble318 have made cases and I believe either or both of them may be making some more in the coming months. Those usually run at around $100ish.

I on the other hand would definitely buy a duck poker case, if anyone has one hit me up PM if anyone is selling.   ;)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #439 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:24:48 »
I think sherryton has one silver Duck case left. You could PM him to find out. But the international shipment would be pretty high, due to the weight of the case. Probably an additional $100 on top of the $300 price of the case, if I'm guessing.

in memoriam

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #440 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 11:36:45 »
I think sherryton has one silver Duck case left. You could PM him to find out. But the international shipment would be pretty high, due to the weight of the case. Probably an additional $100 on top of the $300 price of the case, if I'm guessing.

I don't know if he has another, or if I bought his last one, but it's definitely worth reaching out to be sure. It's the nicest keyboard case I've ever seen and the entire kit is well thought out and includes a lot of extras.

I just posted an unboxing  on Flickr, you can find it at this link.

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
« Reply #441 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 05:52:11 »

Bad pics, but I just got the Duck case today!

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 February 2013, 05:53:45 by Nunez »
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #442 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 07:37:26 »

That darker color case looks really nice! Sweet looking board.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #443 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 11:00:30 »
Outstanding looking case on that poker. That wrist rest has probably seen some better days though :D
Having a bad day?

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
« Reply #444 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 17:09:16 »
haha Yeah, probably just needs a clean... like the rest of my desk.
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline egotrippin

« Reply #445 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 00:17:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice - now if only I could find a Duck case.... 

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Post your Poker!
« Reply #446 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 18:01:35 »
felt like using a small keyboard today at work

MX blues poker
duck case
Round 3 set
Titanium spacebar

Keyboardless

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #447 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 23:57:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man, CCNG AND a duck case? I'm jealous.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 09:07:42 »
felt like using a small keyboard today at work

MX blues poker
duck case
Round 3 set
Titanium spacebar

Show Image

I love large font. I wish the "toxic" set looked like your WASD cluster.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 11:03:47 »
Yeah that large font is nice, anyone know where to get key sets with that font?
Having a bad day?