Author Topic: click clack sale discussion [closed]  (Read 52475 times)

Offline WRXChris

Re: clack sale today
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:30:40 »
Submitted at 8 seconds after and didn't get an email ಥ_ಥ

submitted at 1 second after and didn't get an email.  Moral of the story, use a ****ing hotmail account to send an email to a ****ing hotmail account next time.  Lesson learned, and congrats to those slicker than i!

Offline DasHHKBProM

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:31:06 »
No re here either :(, better luck next year sale :)

I was using yahoo mailing service and CCed myself, checked the "View Full Header" and captured this:

Received: from [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] by web120604.mail.ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:00:03 PDT

3 seconds short i was also at paneralol

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:33:13 »

submitted at 1 second after and didn't get an email.  Moral of the story, use a ****ing hotmail account to send an email to a ****ing hotmail account next time.  Lesson learned, and congrats to those slicker than i!

WRXChris ... that entered my mind. The wife and i were on the road traveling for 2 hours before the sale, to a Cardinal's game in St. Louis. I had lots of time to think and being an IT guy i tld her the same thing, that I should maybe use her Hotmail account to send from because it would probably be delivered faster. I did not. I used GMail but I think you are on to something there.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:36:27 »
If it was over in seconds, why have it open for so long? I was 5mins late r something like that with my email... Would have rather just been closed and missed it rather than foolishly thinking I had a chance...

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:39:29 »
Does anyone else feel that CCs are at the core of one part of the community, and killing another part of the community? Someone one second late doesn't get one? We don't even have an idea how many there were, or even pictures of what they look like and we all went bonkers. I vote more oversight into CCs but I'm just crazy and and my tinfoil cap needs repairs.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:49:16 »

WRXChris ... that entered my mind. The wife and i were on the road traveling for 2 hours before the sale, to a Cardinal's game in St. Louis. I had lots of time to think and being an IT guy i tld her the same thing, that I should maybe use her Hotmail account to send from because it would probably be delivered faster. I did not. I used GMail but I think you are on to something there.

yeah, i had a hotmail account back in the late 90s when they were the (best?) free email provider.  My family members also had hotmail accounts, and I quickly learned that emails between hotmail accounts happen instantaneously, while emails from other servers consistently arrive late, sometimes extremely late.  I should have remembered that, but I also sent my order from my gmail account :(

If it was over in seconds, why have it open for so long? I was 5mins late r something like that with my email... Would have rather just been closed and missed it rather than foolishly thinking I had a chance...

cc couldn't have anticipated that kind of demand, even with the recent prices his caps have been fetching.  Public sales have been crazy in the past and have been known to bring GH down, so I would assume that cc was prepared for a lot of orders.  Not to mention the mainstream public attention ripster brought with the reddit ad.  Not that that's a bad thing, first time gratuitous cc owners are better than flippers in my book!

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:54:20 »
Does anyone else feel that CCs are at the core of one part of the community, and killing another part of the community? Someone one second late doesn't get one? We don't even have an idea how many there were, or even pictures of what they look like and we all went bonkers. I vote more oversight into CCs but I'm just crazy and and my tinfoil cap needs repairs.

it's all good! i already have lots of cc's and I'm sure that others with lots of cc's got more which is fine, but I'm glad to know that the cc's I didn't get went to new GH'ers who are getting their first chance to see and appreciate clickclack's awesome art!

(but really, lesson ****ing learned on that hotmail ****)

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:05:59 »
@ WRX ... Whip it may be a benefit I still think it is 100% luck and completely Undeterminal. With that many people involved there are probably some sending 5 seconds early, some 4, 3, 2 and so forth. I just think with the limited variables one can control it is almost 100% luck.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #158 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:26:18 »
Does anyone else feel that CCs are at the core of one part of the community, and killing another part of the community?
I totally agree. And to boot, I believe it breeds dissonance for people who always get left out in the cold. I have one CC and I would like more, but am ultimately and vastly unlucky and find 4Grabs almost laughable at this point(laughing is healthier then crying...I think.) My friend who is a recent GH'er was pumped for the sale after seeing my mint green, he stayed home from work and even submitted(he says) right as the counter hit zero and now is just bummed out. On top of all that I would bet my sweet bippy there's a few scumbags out there setting up multiple accounts to snatch up a bunch for the sole purpose of selling them for a huge mark up. That right there is toxic. I would say there must be a more fair way, like perhaps a rotating list, but I don't even know anymore.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:27:49 by noisyturtle »

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:28:31 »
@ WRX ... Whip it may be a benefit I still think it is 100% luck and completely Undeterminal. With that many people involved there are probably some sending 5 seconds early, some 4, 3, 2 and so forth. I just think with the limited variables one can control it is almost 100% luck.

almost 100% luck unless you emailed from a hotmail account in the first 30 seconds or so! ;D

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:32:27 »

almost 100% luck unless you emailed from a hotmail account in the first 30 seconds or so! ;D
I emailed from a hotmail account and checked the timer after I did. The timer read 12 seconds. yet no mail aw

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:32:58 »
Does anyone else feel that CCs are at the core of one part of the community, and killing another part of the community?
I totally agree. And to boot, I believe it breeds dissonance for people who always get left out in the cold. I have one CC and I would like more, but am ultimately and vastly unlucky and find 4Grabs almost laughable at this point(laughing is healthier then crying...I think.) My friend who is a recent GH'er was pumped for the sale after seeing my mint green, he stayed home from work and even submitted(he says) right as the counter hit zero and now is just bummed out. On top of all that I would bet my sweet bippy there's a few scumbags out there setting up multiple accounts to snatch up a bunch for the sole purpose of selling them for a huge mark up. That right there is toxic. I would say there must be a more fair way, like perhaps a rotating list, but I don't even know anymore.

meh, you're wasting your time. this has been brought up multiple times. no matter how many times it's talked about, nothing will change. it's not fair for CC either to keep a running list of who to exclude from what sale.

people will continue to act like these are crack and they need their fix. same 4-5 people too.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:34:31 »

I think a rotating list sounds great.. but I'm sure they'll be loads of people pissed because they must have every single CC they can get their hands off.

The worst kinds are the ones that buy the CCs deliberately to get a profit out of it , with no intention of keeping them whatsoever

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:35:09 »
I mailed from @live.com... dunno how to get a more accurate time but in my 'sent' box it says 3:00PM even. I think I was within a minute.  Heh, ill keep laughing too I guess, better luck next time.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:36:49 »
I emailed from a hotmail account and checked the timer after I did. The timer read 12 seconds. yet no mail aw

well then either jcrouse's luck theory is correct, or a ****load of people jumped the gun and cheated, and there's no way to prove either theory :(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:38:21 »
look on the bright side.

didn't get a CC?

donate that money to a homeless shelter. buy a homeless person lunch with that cash. donate it to hopeforpaws.org, your local shelter or any organization helping out the less fortunate.

you'll feel better about yourself and you'll stop dwelling over a piece of plastic you didn't get.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:39:20 »
Yeah I have to say this is the first time I've even been allowed to try and get in for a CC... Had I realised just how quickly it was going to be over, I wouldn't have bothered :/

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:46:51 »
At least your first time wasn't during the ultimate server choke sale; an hour + of attempted ordering to get fed up and leave and come back to find out I also missed out on invitations. Like I said, continue laughing at people paying $200 for them, it's more fun. I just wish cc had a gallery similar to the old one showing all of the unique designs.

My personal motto for this place is; "Wanna flip?"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:51:04 »
there is no need to be bitter.

if they want to pay 200, their problem. it's not coming out of your pocket.

you should laugh at the fact you've gotten so worked up over it instead. now that is hilarious. especially the part where you're trying to play it off like you don't care.

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:52:34 »
look on the bright side.

didn't get a CC?

donate that money to a homeless shelter. buy a homeless person lunch with that cash. donate it to hopeforpaws.org, your local shelter or any organization helping out the less fortunate.

you'll feel better about yourself and you'll stop dwelling over a piece of plastic you didn't get.

I guess it's the expectation vs result that disappoints some people. but you're right haha.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:53:59 »
I can't laugh as on the two CCs I own they combined cost me probablly over $200... It just kinda sucks that it realistically the only way I'm going to be able to get any CCs is to pay silly amounts

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:09:51 »
Just waked up and saw a mail from clickclack. I'm in. :-)

Don't know what I get, but I get something.

I exactly hit midnight (germany)

> Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0200
> From: xx@xx.cc
> To: xx@hotmail.com
> Subject: Hack Orange Sale - snoopy

Btw: I didn't use hotmail

Greetz,
snoopy
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:16:55 by snoopy »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:14:41 »
Woah! People need to calm down! I didn't get in on it either but I have learnt that that is the way with CC's. How can you be suprised that it was over within the first few seconds?

CC's are only valued like this because they are so hard to obtain and so mysterious, the caps themselves are awesome little cubes of art which also helps!

I like the CC craziness, life would be damn boring if we could all get everything whenever we want.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:15:26 »

you should laugh at the fact you've gotten so worked up over it instead. now that is hilarious. especially the part where you're trying to play it off like you don't care.

How is wanting to oogle over his designs "pretending not to care"? I never said I didnt care, but keep interpreting my words the way you wish.

& yes it's not coming out of my pocket, I just wish the triple digit coin was going to CC. then maybe he could do MORE AWESOME. I would gladly buy his art for $50+ If I knew it was going where it should. Stay salty.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:22:38 »
You're the only person salty here.

"laughing at users that spend 200+"

I never said you didn't care for CCs, I meant you're acting like you don't care about not getting one with your remark about going back to laughing at people.

Save a dog's life and donate to hopeforpaws, it'll cheer you up.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:26:27 »
He does do dibs sales, but I've never been sure of how people get on that vip list. Secret back alley favors? Heck, I'm up for a little adventure.  ;)

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: clack sale today
« Reply #176 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:33:16 »

How is wanting to oogle over his designs "pretending not to care"? I never said I didnt care, but keep interpreting my words the way you wish.

& yes it's not coming out of my pocket, I just wish the triple digit coin was going to CC. then maybe he could do MORE AWESOME. I would gladly buy his art for $50+ If I knew it was going where it should. Stay salty.

CC is perfectly aware of how much he could make but he must be happy with what he currently does get per cap so don't worry about it.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:35:31 »

I never said you didn't care for CCs, I meant you're acting like you don't care about not getting one with your remark about going back to laughing at people.

Ill spend the $50 on my own dog thanks, vet bills are expensive. You think it's hilarious to see a newcomer kb enthusiast long after a cc? ok then, hope you feel better.

I'm merely laughing at the outrageous price flip(s).

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: clack sale today
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:44:42 »

Ill spend the $50 on my own dog thanks, vet bills are expensive. You think it's hilarious to see a newcomer kb enthusiast long after a cc? ok then, hope you feel better.

I'm merely laughing at the outrageous price flip(s).

It can take months to get your first clack, don't expect it to be easy.

Very few people buy them to flip for a profit.

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:47:29 »
This is crazy, I hit send at exactly 6:00:00 EDT from my gmail account and did not get an email. Even stayed an extra hour at work, since I was worried I wouldn't get home in time.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:49:28 »
It can take months to get your first clack, don't expect it to be easy.
It took me 9 months!  Patience is a virtue, or you can spend your vacation money on them (I chose the former)

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:02:44 »
cc, try using this in the 4grabs thread next time: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/create 
Glissant used it in his auction and it seemed to be very helpful for the people who don't understand time zones!

Just what I was looking for, thank you buddy.
I have updated the sale with this new coundown timer.

Countdown clock

EDIT: LoL, I ninjad you in my forum and you ninjad me here. XD  Touche!

Touche indeed!  Unfortunately my ninja skills failed me when it truly mattered! <:-|  c'est la vie, wish me luck next time! :D

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:06:26 »
Received: by 10.216.80.207 with HTTP; Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

:(
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:09:47 »

You think that's bad?
Received: by 10.229.57.74 with HTTP; Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:11:44 »

You think that's bad?
Received: by 10.229.57.74 with HTTP; Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

I really think it does come down to the whole luck thing jcrouse. Hotmail must mix up times or somethin'

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:50:17 »
Did any Gmail user got an email from CC?
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:58:24 »
with how mental this sale is i hope there will be instabans for anyone selling these as an auction...

Offline imersa

• clickclack's #1 fan
clack sale today
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:58:44 »
Personally used gmail but I was confused by something and mulled it over on my head for a second or two before sending haha

Offline huttala

Sv: Re: clack sale today
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 05:07:42 »
Did any Gmail user got an email from CC?

Yes, I did.

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 05:29:34 »
Gmail has two functions, "unsend" and "undo send", which allow you to take back a message during a couple of seconds after you have pressed send. How does it work? Well, it doesn't actually send the message until those seconds have passed.

There, now you all know why I failed.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
clack sale today
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 05:45:42 »
^ You are not alone :'-(

Offline mickd

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 06:24:57 »
Ahh, so that's why..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 06:35:40 »
with how mental this sale is i hope there will be instabans for anyone selling these as an auction...

While I agree to some extent... thats the only way I'm going to be able to get any CC's so... lol

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 06:51:12 »
I use iCloud mail, and I sent a message that was prewritten at the exact second it was available. I didnt get one. I will throw this mail in the garbage. Im so mad right now.

I would like to add that I sat from 21.00 (i think its 12.00 PDT) to 00.00 (15.00 PDT) without a stop and refreshed the forum thread, and also many days before that, nonstop F5. But hey the world is not fair, if it was, everyone would be driving Ferraris :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 06:58:23 by phetto »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #194 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 06:58:17 »
Why are people so angry?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #195 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 07:00:21 »
Because it's so hard to believe that it was over in less than 2 seconds. My email was received by the hotmail server at 15:00:03, and I didn't get in.

And because we are not all willing to pay the ridiculous auction prices that you and jcrouse pay for them.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 07:03:58 »
Because it's so hard to believe that it was over in less than 2 seconds. My email was received by the hotmail server at 15:00:03, and I didn't get in.

And because we are not all willing to pay the ridiculous auction prices that you and jcrouse pay for them.

That, I'm not mad just utterly surprised that it sold out within 3 seconds and now I'm going to pony up a ton of cash to get one which ofc I would rather not.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
clack sale today
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 07:08:54 »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #198 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 07:23:16 »
That, I'm not mad just utterly surprised that it sold out within 3 seconds and now I'm going to pony up a ton of cash to get one which ofc I would rather not.
They were sold out by the 1 second mark. However we don't really know if 10 people got in or 80 people. If anything the mystery of not knowing how many were available is what infuriates everyone.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 07:25:01 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 07:30:36 »
Why are people so angry?

I'm personally not angry, sad is probally the best word to describe it lol