Author Topic: Does a non-print KBT Pure with Browns exist?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline naisanza

Does a non-print KBT Pure with Browns exist?
« on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 16:04:52 »
Not really sure if this was ever made without having to buy non-print keys to replace them myself. Just wondering and seeing if this is one of the versions of the Pure. I haven't found one yet, so I'm guessing it does not. In that case, any recommendations on what keycaps to get to for the KBT Pure?
| HHKB2ProOtaku | KBCPokerOtaku(MXblue) | KBTPureOrangeBrown | Heatware

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Does a non-print KBT Pure with Browns exist?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 16:54:04 »
I do not believe they come retail in that configuration. As far as keycap sets go, you have to recognize that the small right shift and ~ will be hard to find a match for both size and profile-wise.

You can explore group buys that include "tsangan kits", but none of them thus far have been aimed at backlit boards (no translucent legends). Do you have a backlit pure?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline naisanza

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 20:40:48 »
I do not believe they come retail in that configuration. As far as keycap sets go, you have to recognize that the small right shift and ~ will be hard to find a match for both size and profile-wise.

You can explore group buys that include "tsangan kits", but none of them thus far have been aimed at backlit boards (no translucent legends). Do you have a backlit pure?

I should have one by now, but my order for one was canceled a few days ago because I didn't order in time.

It's nowhere in stock and that got me thinking 'what if I just got a non-print Pure?' I have a non-print HHKB and I like it a lot. The only reason I wanted the Pure was because I needed a keyboard for work and I happen to like the tenkeyless and 60% design and the orange LED looked pretty good. I figured if I can't have the LED version, I mind as well try and get a non-print version, because without the backlight there's no reason for the lettering.

What are 'tsangan kits'?

Offline shibbyllama889

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 13:38:04 »

I should have one by now, but my order for one was canceled a few days ago because I didn't order in time.

It's nowhere in stock and that got me thinking 'what if I just got a non-print Pure?' I have a non-print HHKB and I like it a lot. The only reason I wanted the Pure was because I needed a keyboard for work and I happen to like the tenkeyless and 60% design and the orange LED looked pretty good. I figured if I can't have the LED version, I mind as well try and get a non-print version, because without the backlight there's no reason for the lettering.

What are 'tsangan kits'?

Tsangan kits are this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35600.0

What you're after is the short right-shift and the R1 1x1 keycap for the `~ key. Those are the two oddball keycaps for the Pure. I believe that some ISO kits that are sold in group buys also provide the necessary short right-shift and R1 `~ key, but I'm not 100% on that. But if you want blank keys on a Pure, I'm pretty sure your only option is to buy the blank keys separately from the board.

Offline naisanza

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 13:52:55 »

What are 'tsangan kits'?

Tsangan kits are this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35600.0

What you're after is the short right-shift and the R1 1x1 keycap for the `~ key. Those are the two oddball keycaps for the Pure. I believe that some ISO kits that are sold in group buys also provide the necessary short right-shift and R1 `~ key, but I'm not 100% on that. But if you want blank keys on a Pure, I'm pretty sure your only option is to buy the blank keys separately from the board.

That's great information! Thank you!

By the way why is it called the R1 key? What does the R stand for?

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 23:08:25 »
Row 1. They're usually not labeled as such under the caps like the other rows.

Offline naisanza

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 23:10:16 »
Row 1. They're usually not labeled as such under the caps like the other rows.

Oh cool! I just learned something.