Author Topic: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE  (Read 181640 times)

Offline mickd

Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 19:37:48 »
I would think name, address and email are more of the deciding factors over IP. I would think IP would be useful as a simple way of flagging potential cheaters, but not enough by itself to conclude anything.

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #601 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:32:17 »
*Yawn*

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #602 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:47:38 »
I got a call on the phone today from someone asking about a geekhacker here, said that he placed an order years back under a different alias and they wanted me to cross reference what was provided as an alternate address.  Wasn't sure what was going on so I performed a battery pull and destroyed my phone to be safe.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline brianvoo

• Poisoned
Re: Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #603 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 20:58:16 »
I got a call on the phone today from someone asking about a geekhacker here, said that he placed an order years back under a different alias and they wanted me to cross reference what was provided as an alternate address.  Wasn't sure what was going on so I performed a battery pull and destroyed my phone to be safe.
Hahaha. Creative points for you.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #604 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:37:01 »
Makes me sad/mad...smad knowing that somebody with dynamic ip's, a bunch of dummy email accounts, and control over a bunch of PO boxes that will very likely win like a dirty prick and turn around and sell for 400% profit. I know you're out there, and there's a special place in hell for you.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #605 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:42:19 »
I didn't even register using my P.O. box, because I know that EK doesn't ship to them. I secretly hope that some people did try to cheat, so they will be caught and banned from future sales. Better odds for the rest of us.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #606 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 21:57:20 »
I didn't even register using my P.O. box, because I know that EK doesn't ship to them. I secretly hope that some people did try to cheat, so they will be caught and banned from future sales. Better odds for the rest of us.

This. If it takes them a little bit longer to weed out the scumbags, thats OK with me.
Looking for CC's!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #607 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:25:12 »

They don't :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's all I registered with :'(

We have had some things disappear from our letterbox, and a small overseas package is ripe pickings for anyone who walks past.

Rowdy really hopes EK does ship to PO boxes.  Techkeys does.  WASD does.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #608 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:48:01 »
oh damn I sure hope they ship to po boxes.. I don't get mail at my physical address. :(

Offline iArson

« Reply #609 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:51:47 »
I would cry if I find out otherwise :/

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #610 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 22:56:01 »
I just read through their faq and the contest registration page and there is no mention of a no po box policy.  In fact, on the contest registration page it mentions that the caps will be shipped first class mail, so I really don't think they would deny po boxes and complicate things by forcing those customers to use fedex ground.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #611 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 23:15:11 »
^ Same here.

Fingers crossed ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dirge

Re: Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #612 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 00:44:15 »
sell for 400% profit. I know you're out there, and there's a special place in hell for you.

Lol. I loveit.
At the pearly gates, saint Peter says he needs to check his list on his computer before letting you in.

....you notice he uses a mechanical keyboard.....
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 01:43:08 »
Makes me sad/mad...smad knowing that somebody with dynamic ip's, a bunch of dummy email accounts, and control over a bunch of PO boxes that will very likely win like a dirty prick and turn around and sell for 400% profit. I know you're out there, and there's a special place in hell for you.

That is just... really there are people doing that? Such douchebaggery
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #614 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 01:45:13 »
good, cause we all know anyone with a PO box is a terrorist!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 01:53:35 »

AA-greed!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #616 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 01:55:13 »

AA-greed!

I'm not a terrorist! I'm a Canadian!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 01:57:18 »

AA-greed!

AA-greed!

AA-greed!

WHAT'S THE DIFFRENCE?!

I have no idea why it quoted you 3 times, lol chrome on iOS I guess?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #618 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 02:01:33 »
I will deny everything (including this denial, if necessary).

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 02:02:11 »
^ You just wanted to keep pointing out the fact that I am a Canadian!

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #620 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 02:08:47 »
This may sound bad.. but the longer it takes, the more I worry if I am even doing the right thing paying $30 for one key, if I even win.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline dirge

« Reply #621 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 02:31:33 »
This may sound bad.. but the longer it takes, the more I worry if I am even doing the right thing paying $30 for one key, if I even win.
Well the resale value is normally around $100 so think of it as paying $-70 ;)
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline mickd

« Reply #622 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 02:51:19 »

If you do get in and change your mind, feel free to sell it to a fellow Aussie at cost =)

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #623 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:17:16 »
Just got the following email:
"Dear Sir,
RE: PRIVATE BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Due to the nature of this transaction, being utterly confidential and of utmost secrecy, I must start by soliciting your strict confidence.

You have been recommended by an associate who assured me in confidence of your ability and reliability to prosecute a transaction of great magnitude involving a pending business transaction requiring maximum confidence.

Let me start by introducing myself. I am AARON OBASANJO, executive director of Elite Keyboards, executive secretary of the newly constituted contract review panel and the chairman of OIL and GAS Nigeria Ltd. I have a proposal to offer to you, which would be of mutual benefit to all parties involved. It involves investing about US$26,400,000:00 (TWENTY SIX MILLION FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) in return for click clack keys in your country. Please contact me by email, if you might be still interested in the proposal so that we can discuss further.

Expecting your favourable response.

With kind regards,

AARON OBASANJO

N.B;PLEASE WHEN YOU ANSWER QUOTE REFERENCE NO;AO/O1"
Seems Legit.

Offline mickd

« Reply #624 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:19:32 »
Yep I got that one too. Currently on the phone with my bank to get a loan approved! Clacks for everyone soon guys!

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #625 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:28:04 »

If you do get in and change your mind, feel free to sell it to a fellow Aussie at cost =)
:P I'd be mean and add $5 just for you. Haha.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:31:21 by MissMurd3r84 »
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #626 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 03:40:01 »
Just got the following email:
"Dear Sir,
RE: PRIVATE BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Due to the nature of this transaction, being utterly confidential and of utmost secrecy, I must start by soliciting your strict confidence.

You have been recommended by an associate who assured me in confidence of your ability and reliability to prosecute a transaction of great magnitude involving a pending business transaction requiring maximum confidence.

Let me start by introducing myself. I am AARON OBASANJO, executive director of Elite Keyboards, executive secretary of the newly constituted contract review panel and the chairman of OIL and GAS Nigeria Ltd. I have a proposal to offer to you, which would be of mutual benefit to all parties involved. It involves investing about US$26,400,000:00 (TWENTY SIX MILLION FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) in return for click clack keys in your country. Please contact me by email, if you might be still interested in the proposal so that we can discuss further.

Expecting your favourable response.

With kind regards,

AARON OBASANJO

N.B;PLEASE WHEN YOU ANSWER QUOTE REFERENCE NO;AO/O1"
Seems Legit.

Lmfao. That's a whole lot of clacks! I gotta get in on this. What's your PayPal I'll send my half of the money right over!
Looking for CC's!

Offline mickd

« Reply #627 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 05:02:27 »
:P I'd be mean and add $5 just for you. Haha.

That's fine. I actually should of offered to cover your shipping costs anyways :)

Offline nntnam

« Reply #628 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 06:19:42 »
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #629 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 10:03:56 »

Seems like a lot of work and expense for what may be no more than a couple hundred dollars. I can believe someone registering using several addresses they have control over, but going out and getting a bunch of PO boxes for this purpose just seems ridiculous. We still have no idea what the odds of winning a drawing are. For all we know, it may be a lot less than 1:8.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #630 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:08:33 »
i just remembered that what i really need is another one of those EK keypullers. i keep losing mine around my room

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #631 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:21:53 »
i just remembered that what i really need is another one of those EK keypullers. i keep losing mine around my room

Me too, haha. Except my reason is that all I've ever had is a ghetto paperclip puller. Good excuse to pick one up if I'm drawn. xD

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #632 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:25:26 »
I was just thinking, maybe I should buy a couple Realforce boards and a HHKB. Good excuse to pick them up if I'm drawn! (If they read this and see I'm going to spend a lot of money, are my chances of winning increased?)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:31:53 »
Little birdie told me TechKeys may be carrying wire keypullers in the near future!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #634 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:32:46 »
I was just thinking, maybe I should buy a couple Realforce boards and a HHKB. Good excuse to pick them up if I'm drawn! (If they read this and see I'm going to spend a lot of money, are my chances of winning increased?)

If only they sold 55g boards.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #635 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:53:18 »

I reckon this is part of the reason they are selling like this, so ppl will have the option to do just that. I also will be adding to my order if I win - just a few topre caps, but I would never risk doing that in a regular clack sale, I'm guessing EK has worked this out.
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #636 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:54:26 »
Who adds a $22-$400 keyboard because the got a CC?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #637 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:55:26 »
I was joking...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #638 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:56:36 »

About half the Geekhack members who entered?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #639 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:57:36 »
Well, you need a keyboard to hold the keycap obviously. Might as well display on a keyboard that is not touched properly than have it in a box. :))

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #640 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:08:25 »
Hah. Yeah they're not keyboards at all they are clack display cases.

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #641 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:09:48 »

If I had the funds, I def would as a celebratory splurge. Yes, essentially spending money upon the premise of spending money.    ;D

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #642 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:22:07 »
You don't even need dynamic IP's. You could have registered from your mums and best mates.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #643 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 15:27:31 »
The great Clack conspiracy of winter 2012.  HEADS WILL ROLL!   :p
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #644 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:02:38 »
Oh, I won a Topre CC? Better buy a Topre!

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #645 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:04:39 »
It would be nice to hear from EK as to when we can expect our emails...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #646 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:15:18 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #647 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:22:46 »
If I win it just means more money to spend.  At least with 30 days to pay I can defer until December, which is a week and a bit away, so if I don't get winning notification for another week or so I will not be panicking.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #648 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:29:47 »
If only they sold 55g boards.

You could have bought my 10th AE 55g. Oh well, you snooze, you lose!

As in you lose this drawing. A pox upon your house, sir!

I keed! :P
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #649 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:39:38 »
(╯°益°)╯︵ ┻━┻
                  ʞƎ