Author Topic: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE  (Read 181636 times)

Offline tobr1an

Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #1250 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:33:01 »
I feel more cheated out of a CC through this drawing than if I had camped the website and failed to snag one T_______________T

I think it's probably because with the normal system, if you didn't score a clack, it was "your own fault" for not being fast enough/camping enough/clicking fast enough, although the chances for scoring one were very small, at the end of the day, you felt responsible for getting it or not.  With this system, the control is taken completely out of your hands--no matter how quickly you registered, you fate was decided by a random number generator, so you feel like you have someone else to blame, even if it is a much more fair system, which it almost undoubtedly was.  It's kind of like how I feel comfortable driving fast myself, but am incredibly uncomfortable to be in the car while someone else is speeding--it's just that the feeling of control or influence is gone.  To me, though, it is nice to see a bit more diverse distribution of the caps. 

Agree but don't get how some people got two or more when some got none.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1251 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:35:38 »
I feel more cheated out of a CC through this drawing than if I had camped the website and failed to snag one T_______________T

I think it's probably because with the normal system, if you didn't score a clack, it was "your own fault" for not being fast enough/camping enough/clicking fast enough, although the chances for scoring one were very small, at the end of the day, you felt responsible for getting it or not.  With this system, the control is taken completely out of your hands--no matter how quickly you registered, you fate was decided by a random number generator, so you feel like you have someone else to blame, even if it is a much more fair system, which it almost undoubtedly was.  It's kind of like how I feel comfortable driving fast myself, but am incredibly uncomfortable to be in the car while someone else is speeding--it's just that the feeling of control or influence is gone.  To me, though, it is nice to see a bit more diverse distribution of the caps. 

blame the RNG

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1252 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:38:33 »

In any system with a high degree of randomness, duplicates are just as likely to happen as not.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1253 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:48:11 »
jdcarpe back to his normal Trekkie self

I think the lotto system might be better because there is no advantage. The old way, people that lived closer to California will have a slight advantage due to the latency. Since these things sell out in seconds, you can imagine how a fraction of a second can determin if you've made the dibs sale or not :(

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #1254 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:08:01 »
Only thing that annoyed me was that I camped out with-out sleep for ages before we even knew it was going to be a lottery and then I only went into the draw for one due to not wanting to be forced to pay for all of them if I won :p
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1255 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 16:33:27 »
Only thing that annoyed me was that I camped out with-out sleep for ages before we even knew it was going to be a lottery and then I only went into the draw for one due to not wanting to be forced to pay for all of them if I won :p
I said people should have signed up for as many as possible. Half the fun is trying to trade for what you want if you can't out right buy it.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #1256 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 18:16:05 »

I think the lotto system might be better because there is no advantage. The old way, people that lived closer to California will have a slight advantage due to the latency. Since these things sell out in seconds, you can imagine how a fraction of a second can determin if you've made the dibs sale or not :(

This is definitely true. With the old sale I made sure to be at the computer at the exact moment it started. I hit the send button at exactly 0 seconds on the hour and I did not get it. At that point it became dependent on a combination of network conditions and the fact that I was some fractions of a second late because I did not use a bot to send the email (as I'm sure some people did).

How can anyone talk about more control when there were many others who did everything right, as I had, and still did not get it? It also meant everyone had to take the time out to be at the computer at that moment or make some other accommodations. The drawing gives people the opportunity to actually have a life.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #1257 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 18:54:46 »
I pretty much like this system better, it's a lot better than 2-3 seconds sold out, never had a chance in that. This one at least if I didn't win any, I would be like "Ahh, bad luck", instead of time zone and fast internet. -_-
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1258 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 19:07:16 »
I prefer this system, even though I did not win anything (this time).

Hopefully now the bugs have been ironed out, the next one will rnu a lot quicker.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline metafour

« Reply #1259 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 19:20:44 »

This is definitely true. With the old sale I made sure to be at the computer at the exact moment it started. I hit the send button at exactly 0 seconds on the hour and I did not get it. At that point it became dependent on a combination of network conditions and the fact that I was some fractions of a second late because I did not use a bot to send the email (as I'm sure some people did).

How can anyone talk about more control when there were many others who did everything right, as I had, and still did not get it? It also meant everyone had to take the time out to be at the computer at that moment or make some other accommodations. The drawing gives people the opportunity to actually have a life.

Same here. No dice on the original sale or the post-sale dibs sale for the last one from the forum. This time I got all 8! And I only entered for 3. Talk about some luck. ;)

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #1260 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 19:36:40 »
Still find it a little *weird* that some people got more than one while others got two(or more?)

either way I'm a little sad I didn't get drawn. But it doesn't matter anyway, 'cos if it were the old system I was late by a minute, and everything would have been sold out anyway  :p

Offline iArson

« Reply #1261 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 19:38:56 »
What does suck, but makes these rare to begin with, is that not everyone can get them. Sadly rng might rule the rest of these sales going forward, but it does allow everyone a chance rather than the select few who can get that clutch f5.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1262 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 20:23:54 »
Still find it a little *weird* that some people got more than one while others got two(or more?)

either way I'm a little sad I didn't get drawn. But it doesn't matter anyway, 'cos if it were the old system I was late by a minute, and everything would have been sold out anyway  :p

I'm glad so many people were able to get them, nice to see others get a chance. Still odd that several people reported getting two or more. I got my Dad and brother to sign up after getting them hooked on mechanical keyboards this year, but none of us won. Just hope they didn't see 3 people with same last names and cancel us out.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1263 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 23:24:54 »
Well, I for one am glad they did it this way.  My first CC.  Probably wouldn't have every gotten one otherwise.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #1264 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 23:36:17 »
I'm not sure I even want one now. :\
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1265 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 23:50:43 »
I'm not sure I even want one now. :\

You do.  Next time a Clack sale comes around you will be lining up with the rest of us ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #1266 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 00:29:17 »
why EK dont reply to my email request? Oops
he add the red esc only.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #1267 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 12:16:07 »

I'm glad so many people were able to get them, nice to see others get a chance. Still odd that several people reported getting two or more. I got my Dad and brother to sign up after getting them hooked on mechanical keyboards this year, but none of us won. Just hope they didn't see 3 people with same last names and cancel us out.

You're not alone. Between myself and my brother we entered for 10 keys and neither of us won any.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #1268 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 13:09:17 »

They probably did see it as an attempt to play the system.

Offline _spondy

« Reply #1269 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 14:26:17 »
Ended up getting a candy corn. I'm glad, but wanted the skull or beer cap to be honest. Keen for a trade or something, hint hint ;)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1270 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:26:40 »
Do they provide tracking for these caps???

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1271 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:29:40 »
Looking to trade a p1 purple mx for topre candy corn/candy skull if anyone wants.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #1272 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:32:51 »
Just got a tracking number for my skull :)

// damn, could also be the red esc. Don't know  :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:35:50 by snoopy »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1273 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:35:50 »
I just got one also. And a confirmation email for my red Esc's.

Edit: snoopy, in the subject line of the email should be your drawing entry number.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1274 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:37:30 »
Just got a tracking number for my skull :)

// damn, could also be the red esc. Don't know  :(

LOL! EK be trollin' me. They sent me one too just after I posted my comment... asking for tracking.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1275 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:40:39 »
My skull is apparently in the mail as well, just got the tracking notification.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #1276 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:51:34 »
Just got my tracking info as well... :)
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #1277 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:53:05 »

Edit: snoopy, in the subject line of the email should be your drawing entry number.

Ok, looks like it's the skull. :) So it could be here before christmas and I have a gift for myself

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1278 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 16:38:41 »
I haven't got my tracking info yet.

Oh, wait, I didn't win anything.

Nevermind .......

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1279 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 17:17:01 »
:(

Best of luck next round rowdy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1280 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 17:21:45 »
Heh yeah thanks.

Just trollin' ...

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #1281 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 01:44:01 »
did I miss a red esc group buy? hearing a lot of talk
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1282 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 01:46:30 »
did I miss a red esc group buy? hearing a lot of talk
Just go to EK. They're selling white on red cherry doubleshot esc caps for $5.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #1284 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 02:55:32 »
oh arr they are nice, so I guess they have just replicated the process entirely. Some collections just went down in value LOL
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1285 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 03:08:17 »
They bought them from GMK-Electronics, who bought the original molds from Cherry.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37786.0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1286 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 03:34:37 »
Well I just wanna go on record that I hate everyone that won a clack, and I hope you poo yourself in public, and bad luck next time, and also I am not bitter. Nyaa

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1287 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 03:50:04 »
That's not very nice.

Offline dirge

« Reply #1288 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 07:22:40 »
Well I just wanna go on record that I hate everyone that won a clack, and I hope you poo yourself in public, and bad luck next time, and also I am not bitter. Nyaa

I won two... what do I get?
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #1289 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 07:26:34 »
Guys, I have a confession to make: I jokingly asked my friend to also sign up for all the MX keycaps and sell any he won to me. and then he did, and he did. So in a small way, I cheated.

BUT

Instead of letting me pay for it, he called it a Christmas present. And then he told me he got a $50k bonus at work. I think we all know who the real villain is here.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1290 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 08:45:32 »
Guys, I have a confession to make: I jokingly asked my friend to also sign up for all the MX keycaps and sell any he won to me. and then he did, and he did. So in a small way, I cheated.

BUT

Instead of letting me pay for it, he called it a Christmas present. And then he told me he got a $50k bonus at work. I think we all know who the real villain is here.

The Joker.  I'm totally with you.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1291 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 10:10:21 »
Look at all the clacks I won. Do you see them?

Offline emptyk

« Reply #1292 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:54:38 »
Arrived

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1293 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:57:23 »
Topre or MX?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1294 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:57:58 »
ALPs!

Offline emptyk

« Reply #1295 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:59:56 »
It's an MX. Wow, that picture is huge.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1296 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 00:01:41 »
Do you want to trade for a topre one?

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1297 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 00:03:59 »

Noooo beast, gimme your topre one ;)

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #1298 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 00:06:53 »
I didn't even get my confirmation yet!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1299 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 00:10:06 »

Noooo beast, gimme your topre one ;)

Noes