Author Topic: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2  (Read 268125 times)

Offline okooko

• afk.
Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 10:36:50 »
Bav,

Can you update my shipping address and send it to Prof please.

Im having him assemble it for me, so if you can make that change that would be great.

Offline bavman

« Reply #551 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 09:15:19 »
Is there an estimate on when they'll be complete after the order is submitted? I'm wondering how long I have to gather the remaining pieces aside from plates and stuff available in The Profosist's GB.

~12 days if the manufacturing time. If all goes well and it doesn't take a while for me to receive the plates after they've been completed I can hopefully start shipping them out 2.5-3 weeks from now. Assuming everything else gets here on time as well.

Where can I check if you received my payment? I hope nothing went wrong with it..

Yup, if you have't paid you've been getting pestering PMs and such from me telling you to pay

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #552 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 10:00:26 »
thanks for the update bav

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #553 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 10:01:22 »
Is there an estimate on when they'll be complete after the order is submitted? I'm wondering how long I have to gather the remaining pieces aside from plates and stuff available in The Profosist's GB.

~12 days if the manufacturing time. If all goes well and it doesn't take a while for me to receive the plates after they've been completed I can hopefully start shipping them out 2.5-3 weeks from now. Assuming everything else gets here on time as well.

Where can I check if you received my payment? I hope nothing went wrong with it..

Yup, if you have't paid you've been getting pestering PMs and such from me telling you to pay

YAY. 3 more weeks  :cool:

Offline metafour

« Reply #554 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 23:33:05 »
Does anyone know the part numbers for the Cherry plate mount stabilizers so that members can order them directly from Mouser?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #555 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 23:35:22 »
Does anyone know the part numbers for the Cherry plate mount stabilizers so that members can order them directly from Mouser?
sure i know them :D you could order though me though as itll me cheaper and yo ucan get the spacebar wires :D

Offline metafour

« Reply #556 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 23:37:15 »
sure i know them :D you could order though me though as itll me cheaper and yo ucan get the spacebar wires :D

Do they not come with wires when you order from Mouser?

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #557 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 23:39:02 »
oh bavman, I sent you a PM about changing my shipping :x

Offline vultures

« Reply #558 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 23:42:04 »
Hey Bav,

i drop a PM to you, did you receive it?

anwyay, i just want to ask whether do you have extra one slot? if you have let me know, i am interested to get one. Thanks

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #559 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 23:42:42 »

comes with wires buit you cant order a spacebar wire wire from anywhere you have to get them bent wiith someone with a wirebender

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #560 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 23:45:51 »
That's why my boy prof has got the hookup! :p

Offline metafour

« Reply #561 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 04:47:34 »

comes with wires buit you cant order a spacebar wire wire from anywhere you have to get them bent wiith someone with a wirebender

I think your i key is having issues and your statement is hard to understand. From my further research it looks like I can get the stabilizers that are 2x in size from Mouser and WFD will also be offering 6.25x and 7x wires to allow me to use one of those 2x stabilizer sets for the spacebar by replacing the included wire with a longer one.

I think this is the correct part: http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_ProductDetail.aspx?Cherry-Electrical/0G990224/&qs=/ha2pyFadui/f77L2/6q1E9TeTSTHkqalUnHyJbKl9I=

Offline megaforce

« Reply #562 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 11:47:33 »
Any chance of the Vortex Alu case fitting the Phantom PCB?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline metafour

« Reply #563 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 11:51:44 »

Offline megaforce

More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #565 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 12:43:26 »

I think your i key is having issues and your statement is hard to understand. From my further research it looks like I can get the stabilizers that are 2x in size from Mouser and WFD will also be offering 6.25x and 7x wires to allow me to use one of those 2x stabilizer sets for the spacebar by replacing the included wire with a longer one.

I think this is the correct part: http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_ProductDetail.aspx?Cherry-Electrical/0G990224/&qs=/ha2pyFadui/f77L2/6q1E9TeTSTHkqalUnHyJbKl9I=
yes WFD is the one bending them for my GB as he has a wirebender and im already dealing with him for plates.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #566 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 12:44:26 »
The vortex should fit but you may have to use a filco plate to do so but i may be wrong.

Offline nebo

« Reply #567 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 13:02:04 »
The vortex should fit but you may have to use a filco plate to do so but i may be wrong.
In that thread he has 1.5 mods so I don't think it is the filco plate. He might have sandwiched the plate between the layers.

Offline bavman

« Reply #568 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 13:08:51 »
oh bavman, I sent you a PM about changing my shipping :x

Got it.

Offline metafour

« Reply #569 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 13:10:17 »
In that thread he has 1.5 mods so I don't think it is the filco plate. He might have sandwiched the plate between the layers.

Yeah, there is a little bit of info in the thread. I believe he's just laying the PCB in the case. He talks about movement of the PCB in different areas and alludes that the weight of it all may be resting on the teensy. It seems like it is ripe for someone willing to do some modding.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #570 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 13:17:30 »

Yeah, there is a little bit of info in the thread. I believe he's just laying the PCB in the case. He talks about movement of the PCB in different areas and alludes that the weight of it all may be resting on the teensy. It seems like it is ripe for someone willing to do some modding.
yes weight on the pcb and especially teensy isnt good...

Offline megaforce

« Reply #571 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 22:39:05 »

That and no standoffs in a metal case isn't something idea for me.

I'd rather not have to buy a whole keyboard just to farm its case. Would Qtan's plastic case be a good fit?
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 January 2013, 22:40:56 by megaforce93 »
More

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #572 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 22:40:52 »

I'd rather not have to buy a whole keyboards just to farm its case. Would Qtan's plastic case be a good fit?
umm the MKC acrylic i was going to ooffer those but fengs out and I dont think qtan has a big supply but yes itll work you need liner inbetween the acrylic and PCB though.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #573 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 22:43:36 »

I'd rather not have to buy a whole keyboards just to farm its case. Would Qtan's plastic case be a good fit?
umm the MKC acrylic i was going to ooffer those but fengs out and I dont think qtan has a big supply but yes itll work you need liner inbetween the acrylic and PCB though.

Hmm...more case options would be nice. Thanks for the help!
More

Offline netdevil

« Reply #574 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 20:50:49 »
Anyone who can't get their hands on this because its too late give me a message gotta let this go due to excessive spending this month :-\

I already paid for it and maybe I could get bav to change the shipping address since I don't think it has been shipped yet.

Offline Leewei

« Reply #575 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 10:50:21 »
Hi, I also have an order for a phantom and won't be able to build one. If anyone is interested in a phantom pcb just send me a pm and we can try to arrange shipping from there.
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 11:50:12 »
So it's waaaay outta my current price range, but would this work with Phantom PCB?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39571.0
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #577 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 11:54:04 »
So it's waaaay outta my current price range, but would this work with Phantom PCB?

Probably not, due to the Teensy hanging off the back of the Phantom. There might not be clearance in the LZ case to fit the Teensy under the Phantom PCB in there, no matter how close you solder that Teensy to the Phantom. But we won't know for sure until someone tries it.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #578 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 11:58:21 »
Yeah I didn't consider the teensy. I'm also unsure about the stabilizers. The LZ comes with PCB mounts, but it is unclear to me if you can also use plate mount which would be required for the phantom pcb...

That is still a pretty keyboard though

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #579 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 12:01:50 »
I think Cherry plate mount stabs will fit anywhere Cherry PCB mount stabs will fit, but I'm not 100% sure about that, depending on the plate design.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #580 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 12:04:28 »
No, for plate mount stabs there are special additional cuts in the plate for retention and clearances.  The standard Korean rectangular hole will not do it.  Also, the space bar hole needs to have a slot from end to end for the stab wire to go through.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #581 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 12:06:33 »
TIL. :D

Thanks for dropping that knowledge, alaric. I knew someone would know for sure.

Also, I am guessing that's why WYSE boards use PCB mount stabs for the space bar, huh?

in memoriam

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #582 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 12:11:23 »
Probably.  The reason for the slot is because you need to insert the complete stabilizer through the plate to mount it.  Since the space bar isn't buried you can cheat and not do that (or even use PCB mount) and just shove the wire in from the edge of the PCB/plate.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline nebo

« Reply #583 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 12:43:27 »

Need to get more people interested in this.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #584 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 12:51:09 »

Offline nebo

« Reply #585 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 12:57:09 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39513.0
That will use it's own plate (one I linked is trying to be compatible) and offers more layouts. If I could have the 5 extra keys above the arrows + winkeyless with that case I'd be all for it. I'm pretty sure I'm alone (or in a very small group of people) who want that so it probably isn't feasible to do.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #586 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 13:03:43 »
Need to get more people interested in this.

Awesome link. I have a sheet of 1/4" or 3/16" galvinized plate sitting around, can't remember exactly. You have inspired me to attempt something crazy: a homemade steel plate case. I bet that would be solid as a rock. I don't have a mill, but I suppose I can cut the holes out slightly smaller than needed with my cutoff tool then sand/grind little by little until the cutouts are the right size. I don't know, might be a fun project.

Offline blueSmoke

• Life is what happens while you're busy Fixing RSI
« Reply #587 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 04:04:17 »
I am late to the party and see the orders are closed.

Anybody has a extra PCB/stuff and is not interested/running out of budget? I am interested for one. Please let me know by PM.

netdevil: you got PM.
Leewei: you got PM.
Model M, Filco Tenkeyless White, Few others, few more others, Noise-hater (ongoing project), blah-blah (to be fillled later...)

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #588 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 16:16:14 »
Also interested in this if anyone else wants out.

[)amien

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #589 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 17:58:04 »
I ordered two since I was intending on making two of them, however, I just ordered a LZ-GH though, so I only need one of them.  I'll gladly let one of mine go to someone who missed out.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #590 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 01:08:03 »
I think I'll put mine up as well.  I just got a lzgh that my ergo-clears will go into and don't feel like spending the money for a fourth keyboard anymore.  I think three will be enough keyboards for me.  I also have a 1.5x plate from dangwang's GB a couple months ago.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #591 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 10:41:47 »
Any updates Bav? and if any one else wants out, lmk!

Offline nebo

« Reply #592 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 13:00:38 »
Any updates Bav? and if any one else wants out, lmk!

I might be out for a KMAC, not sure yet. KMAC has the appeal of being what it is where the phantom I can do whatever I want. So hard not to do both but I don't need two more keyboards...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #593 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 13:09:19 »
^ Who said anything about need?

in memoriam

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #594 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 13:11:18 »
yeah. Go for it. If you need to, sell your other keyboard(s). Custom > Storefront always. You can always buy a regular keyboard like a Filco, but your KMAC/Phantom/the Cheat/whathaveyou will be uniquely yours, and even if it isn't, there are so few out there that it's an awesome keyboard anyways. Add to the fact that they're Limited Edition, that makes them ALL THE BETTER.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline nebo

« Reply #595 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 13:19:34 »
GH is bad enough on the wallet without the users chiming in. :P

Offline inteli722

« Reply #596 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 13:24:04 »
GH is bad enough on the wallet without the users chiming in. :P

having (comparatively) next to no money...you can't do a lot. This Phantom will probably suck up the funds for this year...

Worth it.
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
[Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #597 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 14:13:43 »
<-- Enabler :P

in memoriam

Offline inteli722

« Reply #598 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 16:42:10 »
<-- Enabler :P
In this case, definitely.
More

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
[Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #599 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 17:00:28 »
How much longer til we get these!? I'm so excited :)