Author Topic: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2  (Read 268159 times)

Offline Jupiter

Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 19:35:19 »
How much longer til we get these!? I'm so excited :)

Me and you both! Want to get building my first keyboard
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #601 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 19:37:20 »
How much longer til we get these!? I'm so excited :)

Me and you both! Want to get building my first keyboard

Same here! I'm getting sick of my poker, I need the arrow keys back :p

Offline bavman

« Reply #602 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 21:33:24 »
Still like 3 months guys.

Just kidding

Already got the teensy controllers. The other electronics will take less than a week to get to me from mouser. Not sure about the PCBs though. bpiphany has been the middle man between me and pcbwing, all I do is pay :) So I'm not sure how long till those reach me.

I've been talking to WhiteFireDragon and if you ordered a PCB from me and a plate from him, he'll be sending me your plates and I'm going to combine them and we'll save you guys some money rather than having to pay for 2 separate shipments. Were still working out the details on it but it looks like thats what were going to end up doing.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #603 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 22:24:37 »
bavman, did you get my PM about shipping my PCB (and now plate?) to TheProfosist?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #604 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 22:31:54 »

Just kidding

Already got the teensy controllers. The other electronics will take less than a week to get to me from mouser. Not sure about the PCBs though. bpiphany has been the middle man between me and pcbwing, all I do is pay :) So I'm not sure how long till those reach me.

I've been talking to WhiteFireDragon and if you ordered a PCB from me and a plate from him, he'll be sending me your plates and I'm going to combine them and we'll save you guys some money rather than having to pay for 2 separate shipments. Were still working out the details on it but it looks like thats what were going to end up doing.

Before shipping, can you send me a PM with what shipping address I gave you?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #605 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 22:50:00 »

Just kidding

You're a funny one hahaha. As for shipping both together, sounds good. Not like we can do anything with only half of the parts, so they may as well come together :P
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #606 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 00:18:31 »
The order has been placed with pcbwing, and paid. But thtis quote is from their web page.

We will enter a long holiday from Feb.9 to Feb.17 ,2013. It is Chinese Festival every year. Some processing will stop about 6 days before holidays.
Therefore, the delay would be longer than holidays. Please be sure to prepared in advance.

That thing is going to get in the middle. I would guess they can be delivered around two weeks after it ends.

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #607 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 02:19:38 »
The order has been placed with pcbwing, and paid. But thtis quote is from their web page.

We will enter a long holiday from Feb.9 to Feb.17 ,2013. It is Chinese Festival every year. Some processing will stop about 6 days before holidays.
Therefore, the delay would be longer than holidays. Please be sure to prepared in advance.

That thing is going to get in the middle. I would guess they can be delivered around two weeks after it ends.

We're only on the 1st now though, so I would have thought there would be a chance you could get in before that cut off...maybe?

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #608 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 02:39:03 »
Production time alone is 12 days. So in short, not a chance =) The progress bar on the order status page hasn't started moving yet. So I think nothing will happen until after the festivities.

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #609 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 04:11:33 »
Production time alone is 12 days. So in short, not a chance =) The progress bar on the order status page hasn't started moving yet. So I think nothing will happen until after the festivities.

Ahh well. What's a few more weeks for a keyboard like the Phantom :P

Offline Denonic

[Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #610 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 20:02:43 »
Ah damnit!  Can't believe I missed this =(. Anybody order an extra that they are willing to sell? please shoot me a pm

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #611 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 20:30:09 »
KuhnTang and tjcaustin have recently expressed interest in passing on their PCBs.  They may still be available.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Denonic

« Reply #612 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 20:50:53 »
Just got a pm from somebody =) thanks or the heads up tho

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #613 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 00:04:14 »
KuhnTang and tjcaustin have recently expressed interest in passing on their PCBs.  They may still be available.

Someone PM'd me to claim the one I am interested in selling.  The other I just have to build for myself.  Although this LZ-GH is being mean to my wallet.  Who know's if I'll end up keeping it, but thats the plan for now.

Offline nebo

« Reply #614 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 12:47:46 »
So I'm officially giving up my spot for my phantom. Also have been invoice for an ANSI150 plate for those who want it.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #615 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 07:40:04 »
How is this going?  Any estimate on when these will be shipping?

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #616 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 07:46:45 »
How is this going?  Any estimate on when these will be shipping?

I think it's 2 weeks from today.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #617 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 11:01:22 »
I've been away from geekhack for a while now and feel I forgot everything.  Apologies if this has already been addressed.

From what I remember we can use the phantom with a Filco case, but not a QFR case, right?

Is the phantom compatible with a ducky dk9087g2 pro?  please let me know as I will be selling it if it isn't.

Thanks

Offline nebo

« Reply #618 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 11:24:34 »
TP, I feel I might be making your lift difficult again. :( Going to go with the Phantom for now and not the KMAC, winkeyless w/ keys above arrow cluster.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #619 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 12:48:39 »
I've been away from geekhack for a while now and feel I forgot everything.  Apologies if this has already been addressed.

From what I remember we can use the phantom with a Filco case, but not a QFR case, right?

Is the phantom compatible with a ducky dk9087g2 pro?  please let me know as I will be selling it if it isn't.

Thanks
Actually, as WhiteFireDragon (and others?) found, the phantom will fit in the QFR case with some(surprisingly not much) modification.
Pg 11 of this topic: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38441.msg753747#msg753747

Not sure about ducky. Do you have a picture of the PCB tray/bottom case?

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #620 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 13:28:15 »

Thanks
Actually, as WhiteFireDragon (and others?) found, the phantom will fit in the QFR case with some(surprisingly not much) modification.
Pg 11 of this topic: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38441.msg753747#msg753747

Not sure about ducky. Do you have a picture of the PCB tray/bottom case?

Cool, thanks man

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #621 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 09:08:00 »
What are the chances the Phantom PCB has traces running where the QFR does not and has the hole located? I want to be crazy and drill a hole in my Phantom, unless of course something useful is there and I can not.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #622 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 11:10:32 »
Why not just sand down the post in the QFR? Easier and safer than drilling a hole in the Phantom PCB :P
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline gnubag

« Reply #623 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:23:06 »
if somebody is passing out on their pbcs.
pm me plz

Offline t2russo

« Reply #624 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:24:01 »
What are the chances the Phantom PCB has traces running where the QFR does not and has the hole located? I want to be crazy and drill a hole in my Phantom, unless of course something useful is there and I can not.

Someone already checked and there is a trace that lines up with the bottom support you have to trim.  No dice.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #625 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 13:10:02 »

Read through WFD's post. I could be wrong here 'cause I'm at work so this is from memory

But I think there are two potentail incompatabilities.
1. hole near "shift" is moved
2. screw hole moved

#2 cannot be solved: it'd take out about 7 traces near the teensy if you drilled there. The solution is not just keep the case closed with the clips, which is more than good enough. That screw basically does nothing.

#1 can be solved by filing the PCB and relocating a trace or (preferably) sanding down the standoff. I haven't done this personally, as I run my phantom caseless (on cardboard), but it should be pretty easy and still secure.

Getting a QFR is a good choice, as you get switches, and a case that'll work with soem modification.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #626 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 14:35:46 »
I already have two QFRs and just acquired my first Filco (camo with blues) on the cheap for $100, so one of them will not make the cut since I only ordered two Phantom PCBs.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #627 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 05:06:01 »
#2 cannot be solved: it'd take out about 7 traces near the teensy if you drilled there. The solution is not just keep the case closed with the clips, which is more than good enough. That screw basically does nothing.

#1 can be solved by filing the PCB and relocating a trace or (preferably) sanding down the standoff. I haven't done this personally, as I run my phantom caseless (on cardboard), but it should be pretty easy and still secure.

Yes that is correct.

In addition, I don't think this has ever been mentioned before but you'd also need to make an adapter from male USB mini-B to female molex pins. The molex pins needs to be 2mm pitch iirc. This adapter allows you to connect the teensy to the internal USB breakout board on the case. I have one made that I can post later. OR, just run a USB cable directly from the teensy and drill a hole in the case so it can exit. This option would mean you'd have to find a way to secure the USB cable from yanking on the teensy.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #628 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 00:24:01 »
A third option is to do what the ergoDOX did and run a USB-to-pigtail and solder it onto the sub-board on the QFR. You'd have to desolder the existing wires, but it could be worth it.

It's late and I might be wrong (and haven't looked at the datasheet) but I think this might be the connecter the QFR has: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/87369-0500/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs%252bGHln7q6pm%252bS0pk2Wo0XxPvCayWDNhdc%3d

If that's the case, then you'd need this to attach to your teensy's USB somehow.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/89400-0520/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs%252bGHln7q6pm48SVpWlpfsE7kxuyL9RRLA%3d

OR you can do what I did, and break the connector off the QFR PCB. I found it's not impossible to solder wires to it, though this is likely the least ideal option.

Offline london00

« Reply #629 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 17:36:40 »
If anyone is giving up/passing on their slot, PM me please. I would like to take it. I want to get in on this group buy.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #630 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 20:02:32 »
Are these in production yet?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #631 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 20:28:51 »
PCBWing is back from the Chinese new year holiday so i hope so

Offline bavman

« Reply #632 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 20:45:26 »
They should be nearing completion and shipping to me soon.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 20:47:30 »
That's great news :)  Now just need those plates to get going...

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #634 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 20:56:39 »
...and switch orders  :-X

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #635 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 00:54:14 »
Sweet! Cannot wait. Just hope it doesn't arrive during an important time during Uni, because I know I won't be able to resist the urge to build it there and then when it gets to my mailbox hahaha

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #636 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 10:30:20 »

I just now got a mail from pcbwing that production has started. I guess they needed some time to catch up after the holidays. There was a small thing on one of the new silkscreen files that needed some attention from me as well. This all means bavman may have them in his hands 14 days from today.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #637 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 10:32:56 »

I just now got a mail from pcbwing that production has started. I guess they needed some time to catch up after the holidays. There was a small thing on one of the new silkscreen files that needed some attention from me as well. This all means bavman may have them in his hands 14 days from today.

Thanks for the update!!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #638 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 11:29:26 »

YESssssss.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #639 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 23:44:37 »
If anyone is interested in 2x pcb and 2x teensy PM me and we can get the shipping address switched and u pay what i paid.

Must be both, dont want to get complicated with this xD

$122.06 USD If youre curious.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2013, 23:50:00 by Turkishrambo »

Offline luckynet

« Reply #640 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 00:22:28 »
looking for one pcb and one teensy. thanks
Realforce 104U - HHKB Pro 2 dental band - HHKB Pro 2 Hasu's bluetooth controller - CM novatouch silent mod - Royal Kludge Topre clones
Filco Magestouch 2 Brown - Duckyshine 9008s Brown - QFR white - Plum MX 96 Blue - KBT Race Red - SS 7G Black - Poker blue - ducky shine 69
IBM Model M SSK
Matias quiet pro - V60 matias clicky

Offline bavman

« Reply #641 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 01:29:07 »
If anyone is interested in 2x pcb and 2x teensy PM me and we can get the shipping address switched and u pay what i paid.

Must be both, dont want to get complicated with this xD

$122.06 USD If youre curious.

I think you could safely split your order in 2 if you don't want it. It'll be very easy to sell, I've had several people PM me about extras.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #642 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 16:51:45 »
PM'd you bavman ^^

Offline gotbadger

« Reply #643 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 07:24:53 »
Im looking for a phantom PCB PM me if anyone has one they want to sell and dont mind shipping to the UK

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #644 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 07:43:02 »
Im looking for a phantom PCB PM me if anyone has one they want to sell and dont mind shipping to the UK
Shipping shouldn't be a problem since the PCB's have not yet been shipped...so if someone is willing to let go of one you can just take their spot in the GB!

Offline bavman

« Reply #645 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 13:21:44 »

PM turkishrambo. He has two sets he's looking to get rid of. You can pay him directly for a set and I'll ship it out to you instead when they come in

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #646 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 13:45:53 »
bavman, how would the shipping work out, since i payed for shipping once for 2 pcb, would they just pay me what the pcb and teensy are worth and pay you for shipping one out?

Ive considered keeping one XD. I deleted my post i will PM whoever was first to respond. Theres at least 6 or so that have shown interest.

Offline bavman

« Reply #647 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 13:49:40 »
bavman, how would the shipping work out, since i payed for shipping once for 2 pcb, would they just pay me what the pcb and teensy are worth and pay you for shipping one out?

Ive considered keeping one XD. I deleted my post i will PM whoever was first to respond. Theres at least 6 or so that have shown interest.

Yes thats probably the best way to do it.
Told you you'd have no problems selling them off  :)

Offline gotbadger

« Reply #648 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 14:12:32 »
Theres at least 6 or so that have shown interest.

Hope it was me! If not hopefully someone else will take pity on me :D

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #649 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 06:36:44 »
Let me know if anyone has any extra that they want to sell!