Author Topic: [Shipping Starting] LZ-GH Keyboard (taking LED options...)  (Read 248617 times)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: [Shipping Starting] LZ-GH Keyboard (taking LED options...)
« Reply #1500 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 08:05:38 »
NEED HELP STAT!

I dropped a few resistors because im clumsy.. can someone link me to the ones i need to get? I only need like 5. lol\

My local electronics store doesnt have these.. T.T

Wouldve been nice if we got a few extras! XD

Size 2012 resistors
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline bugsaint

« Reply #1501 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 03:37:16 »
After paying off import taxes, it finally arrived Saturday morning.  Unfortunately I was on my way out the door when the postman handed it over, so all I've been able to do is take it out the box and admire it - what a smooth shiny bottom!

Anyway, many thanks to everyone everyone who contributed to this GB and making it happen - in particular Boost and Alaricljs for assembling it for me.

Cheers!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1502 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 07:09:56 »
Unfortunately I was on my way out the door when the postman handed it over, so all I've been able to do is take it out the box and admire it - what a smooth shiny bottom!

Anyway, many thanks to everyone everyone who contributed to this GB and making it happen - in particular Boost and Alaricljs for assembling it for me.

GF said something large and heavy was dropped off at my address from a "Jennifer S." in the US,  of course she opened it up to see what I was buying and she found the keyboard.

Thanks for finishing it Alaricljs, can't wait to see it when I get back in town.  From her potato pics it really looks superb and the Ergo Clears all look perfect.  Finally got an all manufactured keyboard from Boost at TEAM-Red.  And a talented american who put it all together for me.

Greatly appreciated.

Of course if the Prof decides to ever send you any of the extra Clears and what not, they are now all yours to keep.  A further thank you for all the effort you went through in finishing this keyboard, it's the least of which I owe you.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 07:14:07 by Elrick »

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #1503 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 04:15:53 »
Got home from my overseas holiday to New Zealand to find my LZ-GH wait for me.

It is absolutely beautiful, thanks very much to everyone that made this happen; Boost, Redline and Alaricljs.

Now I just have to build it :D
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline Rendom

« Reply #1504 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 03:33:11 »
Thank you Alaric for your amazing work and of course thank you prof for sending Alaric the keycaps.

I have a question, how do change the LED mode? I download the user manual and its all written in Korean.

Any help is much appreciated..
QFR - MX Blue

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1505 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 04:45:47 »
Thank you Alaric for your amazing work and of course thank you prof for sending Alaric the keycaps.

I have a question, how do change the LED mode? I download the user manual and its all written in Korean.

Any help is much appreciated..

No problem sorry it took so long to get them out I sincerely apologize for that. As for the led more woulnt you have to program that? I wish I could help more but I dont have an assembled LZGH.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1506 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 05:37:26 »
Hey Rendom this might help you with the led mods. fyi mine is set `+1/2/3/4.

Glissbro, I think the different LED modes are set to `+ (1-4). I downloaded the TRiK program to figure that out, but once I was in there, I didn't have to change anything to get that functionality on my board.

LED control should be whatever key the macro ("M" in TRiKer) is set to + 1/2/3/4 to cycle through the various LED modes - when my board arrived the "M" macro key was set to the "pause/break" key, so maybe try that (I was under the impression "pause/break" was the default key assigned to macro duty).

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1507 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 07:36:55 »
Oooo....I totally forgot I have an LZ-GH at alaricjls for assembly!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1508 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 09:06:27 »
And it's on the build board real soon.

The Macro key (for LED management) has been Tilde or Pause for every board I've fiddled with. 

either tilde + 1-4 or Pause + 1-4   I've had both.  Resetting the firmware (Esc while plugging it in) should make it Pause but will also break your keymap a little (modifiers will be wrong)

Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #1509 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 22:59:05 »
Does anyone have problems with LEDs not coming on at all, including capslock?
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1510 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 01:59:45 »
Does anyone have problems with LEDs not coming on at all, including capslock?

Did you program it first?
I love Elzy

Offline audukent

« Reply #1511 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 00:00:14 »
I'm definitely missing the resistors - '732Ohm are for blue/green/pink/white  (label: 7320)'.... Where can I go about finding them?
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2013, 10:04:25 by audukent »
[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1512 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 13:47:23 »
what is the default keymap for this thing?  i'm trying to find out if my LEDs work

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1513 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 15:29:58 »
what is the default keymap for this thing?  i'm trying to find out if my LEDs work

Just use the TRiK software and toggle LEDs.
I love Elzy

Offline Bim Gao

« Reply #1514 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 04:36:48 »
Does anyone know where are boots and alaricljs?

My LZ-GH is still in alaricljs's place, but I cannot contact with him

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1515 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 23:35:30 »
Since Alaric is AFK, does anyone know the resistor value he used for red LEDs?  I think I need to order some weaker resistors for 3-3.2V LEDs; just checking.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1516 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 03:52:08 »
I intentionally picked LEDs with as close a voltage rating as possible.  This way I can go with fewer different resistors.  I ended up with 2 resistor values, 1.2k and 732 1/8watt.  blue/green/pink/white are 3.2v LEDs and red/orange/yellow are 2v.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1517 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 08:15:58 »
Thanks!  I'll get other resistors.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1518 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:20:01 »
Yeah no idea where Alaric is currently,
I'm sure he'll let people know when he's back

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1519 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 15:03:51 »
Is there anything else I'm missing when trying to open an LZ-GH?  I've taken out the 8 small bolts that go in at the bottom along the front and the back.  Now the top aluminum cover should slide upwards, in theory?  Just checking if anything other than a bend in my damaged LZ-GH is preventing the top cover from coming off easily and don't want to pry it off if I don't need to (but will if that's what I have to do).

Well, that was a derp moment...  I pulled up the cover with my fingernails, and it just popped off with no effort...  I don't know why I had such trouble earlier!
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 October 2013, 15:35:51 by Photoelectric »

Offline audukent

« Reply #1520 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 15:25:39 »
Sorry for the noob question guys but, where can I get the 7320 Ohm resistors? Thanks for the help in advance.
[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1521 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 15:28:16 »
Sorry for the noob question guys but, where can I get the 7320 Ohm resistors? Thanks for the help in advance.

Those are some powerful resistors!  Why do you need such resistors?  You can try mouser.com, for example.

Offline audukent

« Reply #1522 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:45:42 »
So I just ran out of resistors for the bright LEDs... I'll admit being a twit and not counting them before cutting them up.  Soooo, here's the deal:

732Ohm are for blue/green/pink/white  (label: 7320)
1.2kOhm are for red/orange/yellow (label: 1201)

If those of you with un-built boards could check when you receive them I have a feeling you got more resistors than necessary and should be fine.  If you aren't let me know and I will ship out what you need.

Ok, back to work.

I had saw this and thought for Teal, Green, and White LEDs I should probably shoot for these resistors?  Could you advise? :D

Edit: Hah, just realized I put 7320 ohms vs 732 ohms. sorry about the typo.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:47:35 by audukent »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1523 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:49:13 »
732 Ohm =/= 7320 Ohm. I think it was just a typo on your part which got me confused.  Those are for ~3-3.2V LEDs such as white, cyan, pink.   The higher resistance value ones (~1200 Ohm) are for ~2V LEDs, such as green, yellow, red, amber, orange.  For this PCB, you need SMD resistors.  Try those label numbers on mouser.com.

P.S.: they don't need to be exact.  You can use 820 Ohm smd (2012 label) for white/cyan.  Higher resistance for the green.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:52:15 by Photoelectric »

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #1524 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 01:13:20 »
As this thread seems to be a little more active right now, and because I haven't found the answers yet, I'll ask here.  I've had issues with my LZ-GH from the get go.  My caps lock LED is permanently on, and I have no idea why.  On top of that, my function row LED's will not turn on, again, I don't know why.  Is there any one with knowledge here as to why that might be?

I had Alaric solder the resistors on, and they all seem good according to my DMM.  I've checked diode orientation, as well as LED orientations, they all seem good.  I just have no idea why these problems are persisting. :'(
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline audukent

« Reply #1525 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 08:44:02 »
732 Ohm =/= 7320 Ohm. I think it was just a typo on your part which got me confused.  Those are for ~3-3.2V LEDs such as white, cyan, pink.   The higher resistance value ones (~1200 Ohm) are for ~2V LEDs, such as green, yellow, red, amber, orange.  For this PCB, you need SMD resistors.  Try those label numbers on mouser.com.

P.S.: they don't need to be exact.  You can use 820 Ohm smd (2012 label) for white/cyan.  Higher resistance for the green.

Thanks man.  I purchased the 732 Ohm resistors.  I'll need to get some 1200 ohm ones for my green leds.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1526 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 04:36:03 »
Still no word from alaricljs?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1527 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 08:34:34 »
Still no word from alaricljs?

no idea.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1528 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 18:23:23 »
Quick question regarding TRiKer, since I don't read Korean--how do I reset back to the originally programmed LED modes?  I've installed the program, and it works (though only on my Windows 7 partition--not on Windows 8 ), but ever since I first loaded the program, it reset the built-in LED modes that I used to be able to activate by pressing ~ + 1/2/3/4/5.  Now it seems I can only activate LEDs if I open TRiKer and manually select "Mode 1" or another mode.  Basically there used to be macros to turn on LEDs, but now they are gone.  I'm not sure how to program them back.  Doing "reset" does not bring them back.

Figured that out!  My "macro" key got reassigned from ~ to Pause.  Swapped it back to ~ and all good now!  Well, that was easy!

(Also, are there any new firmware versions?  Or just the one default that came with your boards?)
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 October 2013, 18:38:03 by Photoelectric »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1529 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 16:31:57 »
Update**

Many of you know that alaric has been MIA for the past couple of months due to some personal issues and needs more time to work them out. We all hope everything works out for Alaric.

All of the LZ-GH/keyboards/PCB/ect that alaric has will be sent to MKAWA. Once everything arrives to Ming he will create an inventory of what he has. I will then PM the users on if they would like to have it finished or ship back to them. There will be additional fees such as shipping from Alaric to Ming(split between the few of us), slight increase in soldering prices. Since Ming will be doing this it will be done on what his scheduled allows. I will be handling/relaying the info to Ming. Please DO NOT PM MKAWA(MING) as I will be the middle man.

Please feel free to PM me with any question you man have.

Thanks
Boost

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1530 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 16:36:33 »
Hard to believe people still haven't seen their boards...
Personal issues come up, it happens.  I just don't understand why someone couldn't just come online, say there's a problem, and ask for help.  Would have saved months of worry.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1531 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 16:38:18 »
Seems like it's the latest trend on GH, unfortunately.  I also don't see why people have to pay extra for the soldering service.  It's not their fault and they have to pay for it?

Offline pasph

« Reply #1532 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 17:56:00 »
I sell mine on classifieds 
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50458.0
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1533 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 19:16:52 »
Update**

Many of you know that alaric has been MIA for the past couple of months due to some personal issues and needs more time to work them out. We all hope everything works out for Alaric.

All of the LZ-GH/keyboards/PCB/ect that alaric has will be sent to MKAWA. Once everything arrives to Ming he will create an inventory of what he has. I will then PM the users on if they would like to have it finished or ship back to them. There will be additional fees such as shipping from Alaric to Ming(split between the few of us), slight increase in soldering prices. Since Ming will be doing this it will be done on what his scheduled allows. I will be handling/relaying the info to Ming. Please DO NOT PM MKAWA(MING) as I will be the middle man.

Please feel free to PM me with any question you man have.

Thanks
Boost

Ah...the real world has its way of biting us in the ass.  Best wishes to alaric!  I'll PM you boost.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #1534 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:02:46 »
Well **** I sent my switches to alaric today after losing the first set.  what should i do
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1535 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:18:49 »
Well **** I sent my switches to alaric today after losing the first set.  what should i do

I'll give it a few days before it get to him and find out when he will be shipping the good to ming.

Thanks
Boost

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #1536 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 20:39:42 »
any news?
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1537 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 15:20:16 »
Nothing from Alaric as of now. Will follow up.

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1538 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 08:59:54 »
Nothing from Alaric as of now. Will follow up.

any further word with the transfer from alaric to kawa?

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1539 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 23:39:34 »
anything still?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1540 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 23:50:09 »
 Seems that Alaric is still gradually working on them, according to recent posts.  I think someone just got an assembled keyboard from him recently.  Can't remember who it was.

Edit: I was thinking of pasph.  He hasn't gotten his keyboard, but it's ready to go, according to his classifieds post.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 December 2013, 23:53:45 by Photoelectric »

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1541 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 22:37:52 »
still nothing...havent heard anything and no replies..

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1542 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:57:25 »
Poll here - anyone who is still waiting on their boards from Alaric?
Not sure if I'm the only one here.
Might PM him again...

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1543 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 04:02:39 »
You aren't the only one, I'm in the same boat.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1544 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 19:18:21 »
You aren't the only one, I'm in the same boat.

sigh - still nothing thus far....

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1545 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 21:11:24 »
still nothing...
few people in the same boat...

Offline sadbox

• life coaching since 1990
    • sadbox dot org
« Reply #1546 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 21:23:58 »
Holy ****! It's been 8 months and you -still- don't have it?
Work: Topre Realforce + CST L-Trac
Home: QFR (Blues, Blank Black PBT caps) + CST L-Trac-X

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1547 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 21:25:55 »
Holy ****! It's been 8 months and you -still- don't have it?

Feels like a year...
Was last with Alaric, he's been crook (that was many months ago now)
No reply, unsure if busy or other personal issues
getting a little impatient...

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #1548 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:00:13 »
**** the soldering, make him send it to you unfinished. Not a ****ing 50$ keyboard we are talking here. **** him and **** trusting anyone in this community.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1549 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:24:22 »
Tell us how you really feel, Turkishrambo. Don't hold back.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Oko.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."