Author Topic: [Shipping Starting] LZ-GH Keyboard (taking LED options...)  (Read 250049 times)

Offline WRXChris

Re: [CLOSED] LZ-GH Keyboard (taking LED options...)
« Reply #1250 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 22:38:38 »
On the side note, orders will start shipping on Tuesday as i will be picking up the stabs and leds from alaric this weekend.

Okay just paid $43.00USD for shipping.  Figured it's to have it shipped to alaric where he'll enjoy the misery of trying to put my monster together.  I do not envy him one bit  8) .

Only 43?  How'd you manage that?

Yeah, what's this $43 shipping number that keeps getting spoken of?  Was it lowered from the original invoice amount of $60 that I paid? 

EDIT: Oh I see, people who are getting their boards assembled are only paying for shipping from Korea to boost.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1251 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 22:39:47 »
those must be for the boards going to get built.  maybe boost is dropping them off in person

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1252 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 22:43:55 »
maybe boost is dropping them off in person

I didn't know Alaric was in his neighbourhood?  That would be nice getting the Boost Express on the LZ.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1253 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 22:46:13 »
those must be for the boards going to get built.  maybe boost is dropping them off in person

Driving up to alaric to drop off the ones that are going to get soldered
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline sadbox

• life coaching since 1990
    • sadbox dot org
« Reply #1254 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 22:46:42 »
I don't know if the people in charge have thought of this, or what their plan was, but when you go to ship boards out, you might want to consider only sending PCBs and plates to Alaric. and sending the cases to their final recipients. Everyone should be able to handle putting the plate inside the case and screwing it shut on their own, so why not save mailing the heavy part once?

Boards are coming to me and dropping off the boards to Alaric that needs to be soldered

Didn't you know that you're supposed to have memorized the last 40-something pages of this tread?
Work: Topre Realforce + CST L-Trac
Home: QFR (Blues, Blank Black PBT caps) + CST L-Trac-X

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1255 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 23:07:27 »
Driving up to alaric to drop off the ones that are going to get soldered

Damn, getting the personal touch from our Group Buy Leader.  Much appreciated.

I never knew how lucky we are that in this area we have a manufacturing complex able to construct a perfect keyboard for some of us.  All within a short driving distance.

We are blessed  ;) .

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1256 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 01:56:07 »
Elrick, nobody was crying about having to pay $60. I was asking legitimate questions about why the shipping was higher than it should be.
And why is your example of what you have to pay in shipping so widespread? "well over $90-$120" <- what does that even mean? Do you pay $90-$120 or do you pay way over that? Are you talking about ONE keyboard or are you just randomly picking a package you ordered that had four speakers and a screw driver in it?
But hey, we can't all ask questions because that might cause an uproar and ruffle some feathers.

Oh and as a side note; I am used to paying for shipping both when sending and receiving packages as I have spent most of my mechanical keyboard life here in Norway.

So incredibly annoying when some people just blurt out their opinions on stuff they really haven't even thought about.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1257 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 02:26:32 »
Paid

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1258 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 03:25:07 »
Elrick, nobody was crying about having to pay $60. I was asking legitimate questions about why the shipping was higher than it should be.

Calculate 2.26kg which will be rounded up to 3.5kg by the postal services (here in Australia).  I'm including the weight of the cardboard box as well, Postal services will do that.  But since we are not informed with what gauge of cardboard or insulation is used, hence I was conservative with the weight for a size that will fit the TKL comfortably.

I'm providing shipping details for you for ONE 2.26kg weight keyboard plus the added weight of the cardboard box that the keyboard will sit in, which calculates it to a TOTAL weight of 3.5kg.

The cheapest is Sea Mail at $52.85 but with NO tracking..........takes three to four months minimum for delivery.

The ONLY service offering Tracking for me is Express Post International at $85.15.

The fastest service for Australia is Express Courier International Platinum (the MOST expensive but 100% reliable) which currently is $195.25 but you'll get it delivered within a week or so the Postal Services will claim (plus it's fully insured).

Just providing you the facts concerning shipping rates to my Country which was asked by you  ;) .

And why is your example of what you have to pay in shipping so widespread? "well over $90-$120" <- what does that even mean? Do you pay $90-$120 or do you pay way over that? Are you talking about ONE keyboard or are you just randomly picking a package you ordered that had four speakers and a screw driver in it?

Because the basic facts is that their are vastly differing ways to send a 3.5kg object  (ONE LZ-GH Keyboard) by post here in/to Australia.  You can be a cheap bastard and opt for Sea Mail.  But I prefer tracking with my postal delivery, please see the costs for that provided already  ::) .

So incredibly annoying when some people just blurt out their opinions on stuff they really haven't even thought about.

Yes I agree totally with idiots whinging how expensive it is to send anything to their country.  I for one am use to it but I NEVER complain in a Group Buy about it.   For Christ sake if you don't like to buy anything in a Group Buy because of shipping costs then why get involved in the first place  :-* ?
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 03:50:01 by Elrick »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1259 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 04:09:27 »
I didn't ask about shipping from Australia, Elrick. Which is what you provided. I can ship a package to you weighing up to 4KG with tracking for around $56. We don't have that many options in Norway, but it should arrive withing two weeks at the latest.
If you are talking about shipping stuff to you, then you need to talk about that, and not start muddying the waters with other information that has nothing to do with what we were originally talking about; which was having stuff shipped to us/you.
I didn't ask you for how much your rates are in your country. I asked why you were saying that the price you usually had to pay was well over a price range and what you were having shipped for that price.
Also, of course there are some different ways of sending an object that weighs something like 3KG, but we are again only talking about a keyboard here. We aren't talking cylindrical or odd shapes. It also underlines that you need to be specific when talking about shipping a certain item.

I'll reiterate. The discussion was brought up because the shipping in total was way higher than calculated, and there was no information saying that the fee would be set by redline for packing and shipping.
I am fine with how it ended up,  but I like to actually ask questions when something doesn't add up for me.

One last thing, stop with the condescending comments and emoticons. It's not cute.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 04:11:24 by Glissant »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1260 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:05:29 »
I'll reiterate. The discussion was brought up because the shipping in total was way higher than calculated, and there was no information saying that the fee would be set by redline for packing and shipping.
I am fine with how it ended up,  but I like to actually ask questions when something doesn't add up for me.

Exactly.  No one aside from someone living in South Korea working at TEAM Redline can answer your question.

Boost isn't responsible for the shipping costs that the Koreans charge, hence why all this fuss?  If they choose a price tag to ship your item then you're stuck with it whether you like it or not.

Instead of bellyaching here go to their sale site "TEAM REDLINE" and ask them, simple really.

One last thing, stop with the condescending comments and emoticons. It's not cute.

Yes I know, you can clearly see how much that hurts my feelings  :'( .

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1261 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:18:52 »
He's a part of redline :)

And finally it's not whinging, bellyaching or whining when they are just normal questions about where the money is going.
Not my fault you're too dense to see that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:20:51 by Glissant »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1262 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:47:10 »

Yes that may be so.  But there's a BIG difference between crying about a difference of a few dollars verses your stupid quest to run some kind of PUBLIC INVESTIGATION into the shipping costs of REDLINE.

Usually people like you are normally ignored, simply because if you're complaining (bellyaching, that's what it is) about a slight rise in shipping cost then I don't understand why you are buying anything from Korea/US here on Geekhack?

Please enlighten us with your never ending search for the TRUTH regarding the COST of Shipping to your place.  I'm sure your Government will want to set up some sort of inquiry to find out about this gross injustice bestowed upon you here  :)) .
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:54:43 by Elrick »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:27:19 »
Paid my shipping invoice. 

Also...
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1264 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 09:56:01 »

Yes that may be so.  But there's a BIG difference between crying about a difference of a few dollars verses your stupid quest to run some kind of PUBLIC INVESTIGATION into the shipping costs of REDLINE.

Usually people like you are normally ignored, simply because if you're complaining (bellyaching, that's what it is) about a slight rise in shipping cost then I don't understand why you are buying anything from Korea/US here on Geekhack?

Please enlighten us with your never ending search for the TRUTH regarding the COST of Shipping to your place.  I'm sure your Government will want to set up some sort of inquiry to find out about this gross injustice bestowed upon you here  :)) .
You don't even understand what I was talking about, Elrick.
I wasn't talking about a single shipping fee increase, but I can see you don't want to see what's going on, so I'm sorry I even tried to talk to you.
Last time I say this; I was inquiring about the overall increase of shipping the keyboards to boost. he answered why, so I paid without any further issue.

No idea what that last part was trying to convey, so I'll just leave this boring conversion.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #1265 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 12:45:30 »
Just hope my switches will be with alaric and ready for assembly.  :(
QFR - MX Blue

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1266 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:13:58 »
If you sourced them from Profosist like I did, then I very much doubt that will happen any time soon.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1267 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:28:23 »
You know, I'm curious, elrick.  Do you get paid to get down on your knees every time a GB has people that ask questions? Or is it just a hobby you really really like?

Emotions were perfectly level and fine until you come in trying to insult everyone that doesn't just pay the money and shut up.  An informed consumer is a good consumer in my book and that happens with question and answer sessions like what's above.

If you notice, the three people that had questions about shipping (glissant, metalliqaz and myself) all paid our bill with no fuss (questions aren't fuss, no matter what your twisted perception of reality might be telling you now) and with no heated emotions or verbal attacks. 

Again, you were the one to try and instigate some kind of drama instead of just letting what had passed pass.

tl;dr - What you do at every group buy when someone has any question you don't like is annoying.  Stop it. 

Offline Rendom

« Reply #1268 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:50:56 »
If you sourced them from Profosist like I did, then I very much doubt that will happen any time soon.

Yea from  Profosist,  I got the feeling too =(
QFR - MX Blue

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1269 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:44:38 »

sorry, if you have anything but greens it should be soon(ish)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1270 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 17:50:49 »

sorry, if you have anything but greens it should be another 6 months
Trololol

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #1271 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:10:09 »
boost,  I will be paying my invoice.  I just need my paycheck to do so.  I don't like having below a certain amount in my account and this will put it over the buffer

*tomorrow*
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1272 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 21:35:09 »
So I'm counting all your damned LEDs... and I realize something rather quickly:  No one who is assembling their own KB has a complicated LED order.  LOL.  damnit
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1273 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 21:36:14 »
So I'm counting all your damned LEDs... and I realize something rather quickly:  No one who is assembling their own KB has a complicated LED order.  LOL.  damnit

And I'm stop sorting. More tomorrow

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1274 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 21:37:04 »

:):p

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #1275 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 21:40:55 »
Poor alaric is regretting signing up for this.  I'd help you but that was a fixed point in time.  So sorry.
Russ

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1276 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 23:25:04 »
Oops, I can definitely simplify my led's if it'll make your life easier Alaric :)

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1277 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 09:04:40 »
Ha... you're one of the less complicated ones :P
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #1278 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 09:31:42 »
its paid now. =P

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1279 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 09:54:25 »
Mine was less complicated? I had 4 led colors lol...looking forward to see all the wacky patterns out there =D

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #1280 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 10:22:42 »
I had one color per board. Granted, it was an LED for every switch, but still. one color.

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #1281 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 17:52:40 »
I had 5 colors

Offline Bim Gao

« Reply #1282 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 19:06:25 »
Paid. Srr for late payment

Offline Kayliss

« Reply #1283 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 00:54:32 »
everyone should've gotten an invoice except a couple of int people that did not want soldering service. I will get the quotes for the int shipping and then send out the remaining invoices.

Any update as to when the rest of the invoices will go out? :)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1284 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 00:57:31 »
I didn't see this, I'm still waiting for my invoice.

alaricljs is soldering my lzgh (resistors only).

everyone should've gotten an invoice except a couple of int people that did not want soldering service. I will get the quotes for the int shipping and then send out the remaining invoices.

Any update as to when the rest of the invoices will go out? :)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1285 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 20:20:09 »
Paid.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1286 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 21:07:43 »
95% of the invoices sent. Please check your spam folder

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1287 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 22:05:38 »
Just a quick question guys cause I might join in future Korean GB, besides that the housing they made, the pcb etc etc etc  do they offer soldering services and switches? I saw on the first page saying soldering $35 price , is that for the switches, diodes and the few LED's?

I have done fewe soldering here and there, but not sure if I would risk doing a bang up job on a such  expensive piece of equipment
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1288 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 22:19:46 »
I offered soldering services for this GB as a separate item.  I am also supplying the stabs and the LEDs (and the tiny resistors for them).

"They" do not offer soldering, and "They" have not in the past offered switches.

My $35 was when the included PCB was an A.87 which supported only 2 signal LEDs.  I added $15 for full LED install when the PCB got changed.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1289 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 22:33:48 »
I offered soldering services for this GB as a separate item.  I am also supplying the stabs and the LEDs (and the tiny resistors for them).

"They" do not offer soldering, and "They" have not in the past offered switches.

My $35 was when the included PCB was an A.87 which supported only 2 signal LEDs.  I added $15 for full LED install when the PCB got changed.

u got pm
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1290 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 13:54:54 »
Pics - Don't open this if you want to be surprised.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43984.0
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1291 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 18:22:18 »
Here is a list of people that I do not have switches for/from:

verbhal
tenkey
laggy-gaga
esoomenona
rendom
calxaum
Germiphene (profo?)
FabSpeed
Atlas
Acetrak
Akimbo
Okooko (profo?)
Bim Gao
Patchworks
HoffmanMyster (on the way)
Elrick (profo? / working on arrangements)
bullveyr (working on arrangements)

notes: profo? means perhaps TheProfosist will deliver them, "working on arrangements" means I'm helping you but don't have the issue resolved as yet.

I cannot solder your switches or LEDs onto the board without switches!  I'm not doing anything to your board until all arrangements and communications have been made regarding missing parts and your satisfaction with your LED decision.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1292 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 18:22:57 »
LED invoices for people that are NOT getting soldering service will be going out as soon as I can get yet more time to burn on paperwork ;)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline calxaum

« Reply #1293 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 21:13:44 »
Pm'ed alaricljs for the address to send the switches !

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1294 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 21:19:42 »
Then why don't I have a PM?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #1295 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 22:15:26 »
pmed about switches

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #1296 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 22:43:40 »
Just checking that I'm one of the ones that hasn't been invoiced yet?
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1297 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 22:45:59 »
That's what the spreadsheet says.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #1298 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 22:50:13 »
That's what the spreadsheet says.

Ok thanks, that's good, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed the invoice somehow.
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1299 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 23:01:14 »
PM'ed you alaric confirming my LED choice and updating you on my switches.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)