Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3556458 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #7200 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 21:13:04 »
I just received a frosty flake in the mail. (Toasted and tested version.) Can I just drop it into my QFR? Or do I need to flash firmwares or something. Can someone link me the instructions if there are any?

I'm pretty sure you still need to desolder the other controller and solder on your Frosty Flake. Info on the Frosty Flake can be found on the DT Wiki.

Are they not socket mounted??

iirc they're socket mounted

i too believed they were soldered but i guess not

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7201 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 21:16:57 »
I just received a frosty flake in the mail. (Toasted and tested version.) Can I just drop it into my QFR? Or do I need to flash firmwares or something. Can someone link me the instructions if there are any?

I'm pretty sure you still need to desolder the other controller and solder on your Frosty Flake. Info on the Frosty Flake can be found on the DT Wiki.

Are they not socket mounted??

I'm not 100% certain...That's why I said "I'm pretty sure".

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #7202 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 21:17:20 »
You pull them right out, no desoldering required. They are a bit of a pain to get out and it is scary at first, I sort of pulled from each corner and rocked it back and forth while pulling upwards.

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #7203 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 01:40:28 »
The controller is soldered and has pins, it's ready to go into my keyboard but I don't even know how to program it. Is there some instructions somewhere? I can't find any.

Painted QFR          Poker 2

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7204 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 07:49:04 »
The controller is soldered and has pins, it's ready to go into my keyboard but I don't even know how to program it. Is there some instructions somewhere? I can't find any.

Did you click on the link I posted for you before? There's two links on where you can get firmware.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7205 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 10:04:49 »
Just use metalliqaz' firmware on that link
I love Elzy

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #7206 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:12:58 »
The info on the controller is rather inaccessible I feel. Like for instance need to use a magnet to enter boot mode, also need to install flip and the proper atmega drivers. I'm sure this info is somewhere on this site its just hard to find. Once I actually have time to set it up I may make a beginners guide. Thanks for the help!

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #7207 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:19:12 »
The info on the controller is rather inaccessible I feel. Like for instance need to use a magnet to enter boot mode, also need to install flip and the proper atmega drivers. I'm sure this info is somewhere on this site its just hard to find. Once I actually have time to set it up I may make a beginners guide. Thanks for the help!

its quite easy tbh

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #7208 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:30:28 »
Well for someone completely unfamiliar with custom controllers It would have been nice to have a step by step guide. Seems like by asking questions in this thread and on OCN and via pm's I've figured it out, and agree that it is incredibly simple, but a guide would be nice for others like me who have no idea what they're doing.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #7209 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:31:49 »
Well for someone completely unfamiliar with custom controllers It would have been nice to have a step by step guide. Seems like by asking questions in this thread and on OCN and via pm's I've figured it out, and agree that it is incredibly simple, but a guide would be nice for others like me who have no idea what they're doing.

I have like 0 knowledge

quick google search how to use flip to load hex answered everything

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7210 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:37:51 »
What are the black Realforce screws called?

Measurements thanks to limmy:

diameter 2.20mm
length thread 7.84mm
length total 9.53mm
head diameter 3.83mm
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7211 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:40:12 »

diameter 2.20mm
length thread 7.84mm
length total 9.53mm
head diameter 3.83mm

Aren't they just phillips head M2 5mm screws? Not sure what you mean.

The screw I purchased to replace the broken one is M2 5mm screw.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7212 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:41:13 »

diameter 2.20mm
length thread 7.84mm
length total 9.53mm
head diameter 3.83mm

Aren't they just phillips head screws? Not sure what you mean.

Screws usually have names? M2-4mm for example. I'm wondering about the black screws, not the silver ones. :p
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7213 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:42:09 »

diameter 2.20mm
length thread 7.84mm
length total 9.53mm
head diameter 3.83mm

Screws usually have names? M2-4mm for example. I'm wondering about the black screws, not the silver ones. :p

Check out my ninja edit  :-X

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7214 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:43:11 »

diameter 2.20mm
length thread 7.84mm
length total 9.53mm
head diameter 3.83mm

Check out my ninja edit  :-X

"I replaced the broken white screw with M2 screw and it works fine. (black screw doesn't seem to be standard size screw, but the white one is. White one is M2.)"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7215 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:45:16 »
Dude just read 4 posts up, I just fixed it to answer your question.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7216 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:48:25 »
Dude just read 4 posts up, I just fixed it to answer your question.

No... The black ones aren't M2-5mm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-pcs-M2-x-5mm-Philips-Head-Screw-/291006595279?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c15840cf - Those are M2's. The black ones aren't...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7217 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:56:34 »
I'm apparently filled with reading comprehension fail lately. Sorry.

What about this: http://www.amazon.com/200Pcs-Round-9-5mm-Self-Tapping-Screws/dp/B00HAZRWAE

M2.2 x 9.5mm

M is the Outer diameter, then its a length. The M2.2 x 9.5mm seems to fit the measurements limmy gave unless I'm missing something again.

diameter 2.20mm
length thread 7.84mm
length total 9.53mm
head diameter 3.83mm
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:59:05 by CPTBadAss »

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #7218 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 12:59:10 »

I have like 0 knowledge

So are you reallyopposed to making information more accessible and beginner friendly? Is this some sort of elitist attitude problem or are you just out to make me feel stupid because I didn't know what and AVR or Flip was? Not exactly the response I expected TBH.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #7219 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:01:02 »

I have like 0 knowledge

So are you reallyopposed to making information more accessible and beginner friendly? Is this some sort of elitist attitude problem or are you just out to make me feel stupid because I didn't know what and AVR or Flip was? Not exactly the response I expected TBH.

Im saying that there are plenty of beginner guides for flip already on the internet and google can answer them much better than this thread can

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7220 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:07:58 »

What about this: http://www.amazon.com/200Pcs-Round-9-5mm-Self-Tapping-Screws/dp/B00HAZRWAE

M2.2 x 9.5mm

M is the Outer diameter, then its a length. The M2.2 x 9.5mm seems to fit the measurements limmy gave unless I'm missing something again.

diameter 2.20mm
length thread 7.84mm
length total 9.53mm
head diameter 3.83mm

Haha, you confused me hard. :P Thanks, I'll pick up a few of those screws then. :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7221 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:09:20 »

M2.2 x 9.5mm

diameter 2.20mm
length thread 7.84mm
length total 9.53mm
head diameter 3.83mm

Haha, you confused me hard. :P Thanks, I'll pick up a few of those screws then. :)

It's totally my mistake. Been sick lately and it's aggravating me. I apologize.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7222 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:14:31 »
It's cool, it's cool. Don't worry about it, mang. :) Feeling under the weather myself, just got a fever...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #7223 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:19:31 »
Haha...  "RTFM" - Pacifist  :P

This video that metalliqaz did will probably be helpful.  You only really care about the contents from 4:00 on.

t=237

I have like 0 knowledge

Im saying that there are plenty of beginner guides for flip already on the internet and google can answer them much better than this thread can

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #7224 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:55:19 »
Haha...  "RTFM" - Pacifist  :P

This video that metalliqaz did will probably be helpful.  You only really care about the contents from 4:00 on.

t=237

I have like 0 knowledge

Thanks, I was sent that in pm. Maybe I'm just coming from a place that no one who's ever bought this has come from before. I was recommended in on OCN and just purchased it hoping it would be plug and play. I didn't know what AVRs are or what firmwares were available or who metaliqaz was. Didn't know about flip or hex files or anything. None of this is mentioned in the OP of the replacement controllers thread which is the only thread I knew and the one I used find out who made the controller and then make the order. I guess most other people who order these have some experience or at least know of similar controllers. I'm going to make up a guide eventually and while it may be useless for people who have spent time on this site and have heard of these kinds of controllers, I hope it will be useful for people like me who've just joined and decided to jump right in and support the custom projects of its members. As for RTFM, its quiteu hard to do when you dont know where it is.

Anyway my small question has been answered and i will cease cluttering up this thread now. Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:57:52 by SeeThruHead »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #7225 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:28:31 »
Thanks, I was sent that in pm. Maybe I'm just coming from a place that no one who's ever bought this has come from before. I was recommended in on OCN and just purchased it hoping it would be plug and play. I didn't know what AVRs are or what firmwares were available or who metaliqaz was. Didn't know about flip or hex files or anything. None of this is mentioned in the OP of the replacement controllers thread which is the only thread I knew and the one I used find out who made the controller and then make the order. I guess most other people who order these have some experience or at least know of similar controllers. I'm going to make up a guide eventually and while it may be useless for people who have spent time on this site and have heard of these kinds of controllers, I hope it will be useful for people like me who've just joined and decided to jump right in and support the custom projects of its members. As for RTFM, its quiteu hard to do when you dont know where it is.

Anyway my small question has been answered and i will cease cluttering up this thread now. Thanks everyone.

Sorry, I was laughing at Pacifist's answer, not you...  :)

I understand your frustration.  Most of the people who have struggled with this at some point have conveniently forgotten that it was hard to get started.  There is absolutely a learning curve to try to get replacement controllers working.  I bought HID Liberation Device for my Filco and I had to learn all this stuff to use it.

Here are my recommendations:
I would start with the software that metalliqaz wrote.  You can find it here...
His software gives you a nice UI for creating your layout and generating a hex file.  This will simplify things a lot to get started.  This will limit your exposure to just figuring out how to get the hex file flashed to your device.
His software originated from his Epsilon project, so some of his original documentation (and useful guides) can be found in that thread.  You will have to flip through a bunch of pages to find the valuable pieces, but there are not too many pages, so its not too daunting. 

Once you get your layout configured in his software you will be able to export a HEX file.  This hex file is what you need to get on your replacement controller.  The act of replacing the hex on the controller with the new hex file is called 'flashing'.  Assuming you are using Windows, you will use Flip for this.  I would recommend getting this software and Flip and try to follow along with that video (but with your own layout) and try to get your layout on the controller.

One more thing.  In order to flash your controller with a new firmware, you will need to first put your controller into "Boot Mode".  In this mode it is essentially unlocked and will allow a different firmware to be flashed to it.  I am not entirely sure how you put your controller into boot mode, but with my HID Liberation device, I originally put the controller into boot mode by holding a strong magnet over it.  I believe both of our controllers were created by bipiphony (probably spelt wrong), so it is possible that will work for yours as well.  Someone else may be able to answer that better.  Metalliqaz's software allows you to assign a key combination to put your keyboard into boot mode once you get it flashed on, so that will simplify this process later.  I think there is even a warning in his software if you don't bind a key combination for boot mode.

I think thats it.  It is a steep learning curve to get started with this, but don't get frustrated you will figure it out.  Just ignore the people who are not actually helpful, it is a forum after all.  :P

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions that you think I may be able to help with.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:32:51 by swill »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #7226 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:40:54 »
Metalliqaz's software allows you to assign a key combination to put your keyboard into boot mode once you get it flashed on, so that will simplify this process later.  I think there is even a warning in his software if you don't bind a key combination for boot mode.

By default, I believe TMK firmware uses "magic key" + Pause/Break to jump to bootloader. "Magic key" is both shifts, by default.

I believe bpiphany's firmware jumps to bootloader on both shifts pressed, but I may be remembering an early revision. It could be a different combination now, if he changed it.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #7227 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:46:37 »
Nvm, found something on Google.  :cool:
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:56:26 by epzy »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #7228 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:01:45 »
@jdcarpe:  Thanks, that is helpful info.  :)
@SeeThruHead: Don't try to start with TMK, it has a MUCH steeper learning curve.  If you get things working with Metalliqaz's software and feel comfortable with the process then you can try TMK.

Metalliqaz's software allows you to assign a key combination to put your keyboard into boot mode once you get it flashed on, so that will simplify this process later.  I think there is even a warning in his software if you don't bind a key combination for boot mode.

By default, I believe TMK firmware uses "magic key" + Pause/Break to jump to bootloader. "Magic key" is both shifts, by default.

I believe bpiphany's firmware jumps to bootloader on both shifts pressed, but I may be remembering an early revision. It could be a different combination now, if he changed it.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #7229 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:06:59 »
@SeeThruHead: Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Don't let Pacifist get you down. If you do want to try the TMK firmware route, here is an excellent guide by matt3o on how to code it. It's something we all had to figure out for ourselves before matt wrote that guide. I keep forgetting about the guide, and I should be linking people there!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7230 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:12:08 »
@SeeThruHead: Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Don't let Pacifist get you down. If you do want to try the TMK firmware route, here is an excellent guide by matt3o on how to code it. It's something we all had to figure out for ourselves before matt wrote that guide. I keep forgetting about the guide, and I should be linking people there!

I had no idea that existed jdcarpe. Thanks for sharing  :-*

Offline Wonko73

« Reply #7231 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 23:59:56 »
Hi,

a few weeks ago I got a Filco TKL Ninja and a Filco Minila Air, both with blue switches. The Minila often is doing some kind of noise like a wobbling spring, a "booooing" when hitting the board harder. It is not a certain key and I don't find the exact position where the noise comes from.

Does anybody know about this issue? Any ideas how to get rid of this sound?
Filco TKL MX Blue | Filco TKP brown | HHKB2 Type S | Realforce 23U

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #7232 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 05:14:57 »
Hi,

a few weeks ago I got a Filco TKL Ninja and a Filco Minila Air, both with blue switches. The Minila often is doing some kind of noise like a wobbling spring, a "booooing" when hitting the board harder. It is not a certain key and I don't find the exact position where the noise comes from.

You might want to check out this thread (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=29277.0) there's a whole discussion going on about it.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7233 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 07:27:54 »
Hi,

It's the Filco "Ping". I have it on my Filco Zero. I've dampened a lot of the sound by putting a some drawer liner between the PCB and case. And then I place my keyboards on top of a TekMat (large mousepad) at work and a EDPM mat at home.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #7234 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 09:06:26 »
Embrace the ping.

If you think the Filco is bad, you should get one of those IBM Alps boards!

in memoriam

Offline intelli78

« Reply #7235 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 21:56:13 »
When I put replacement keycaps on my QFR (SP and GMK) with costar stabilizers, the stabilized keys wobble like crazy.  In fact, if I press the edge of the shift keys, they totally bind up. seems to be because the white plastic inserts are totally loose inside the stabilizer "stems." Is this a common problem, and what is the best way to address it?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #7236 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 22:01:51 »
When I put replacement keycaps on my QFR (SP and GMK) with costar stabilizers, the stabilized keys wobble like crazy.  In fact, if I press the edge of the shift keys, they totally bind up. seems to be because the white plastic inserts are totally loose inside the stabilizer "stems." Is this a common problem, and what is the best way to address it?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40501.0#post_YY

Right in the OP :)

Use paper, plastic bag, teflon tape and push the white costar inserts with it inside.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline combataran

« Reply #7237 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:32:49 »
Sharp edge of spacebar on my new RF 87u is constantly sticking into my thumb. What can I do about it?
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #7238 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:34:30 »
Sharp edge of spacebar on my new RF 87u is constantly sticking into my thumb. What can I do about it?

Flip it around! Lots of people do it!

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #7239 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:41:58 »

Grow a callous, bandaid, tape across the edge, anything but flipping it.  To me that looks about as dumb as 24" rims on a mini van.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline intelli78

« Reply #7240 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 00:18:10 »

Use paper, plastic bag, teflon tape and push the white costar inserts with it inside.

Heh thanks

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #7241 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 00:20:37 »

Heh thanks

Sandwich baggies work great.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline intelli78

« Reply #7242 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 00:52:53 »

Heh thanks

I'll keep that in mind. I guess some people think these are better than Cherry stabilizers, but man, they are a pain.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #7243 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 00:56:41 »

Heh thanks

I'll keep that in mind. I guess some people think these are better than Cherry stabilizers, but man, they are a pain.

I hear you there.  Though I can't stand the feeling of non clipped cherry stabs.  I have a rebranded wyse board that has both plate and PCB mount cherry stabs.   Man those caps are a breeze to change.  Best part is no clipping required.  And no they weren't clipped before.  I would be able to see evidence of something having been there before.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #7244 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 12:14:40 »
Does anyone know if the DCS sets that SP is putting out now are thicker like their DSA sets? Or has the DSA sets always been thicker? You know how I like em' thick :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7245 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 12:18:14 »
Does anyone know if the DCS sets that SP is putting out now are thicker like their DSA sets? Or has the DSA sets always been thicker?

As far as I know, DSA has always been thicker than DCS. I don't think the thickness of DCS has changed since SP was WYSE. And I don't think the thicknesses are changing.

You know how I like em' thick :P

;)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #7246 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 12:20:04 »
Does anyone know if the DCS sets that SP is putting out now are thicker like their DSA sets? Or has the DSA sets always been thicker?

As far as I know, DSA has always been thicker than DCS. I don't think the thickness of DCS has changed since SP was WYSE. And I don't think the thicknesses are changing.

;)

thanks! CPTBro :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #7247 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 12:26:07 »

;)

SP was never WYSE, they weren't even Comptec. Read your OP. ;)

And you know there was such a thing as thick WYSE. LOL

in memoriam

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7248 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 12:27:59 »
Whoops I thought it was. Apparently been misreading that statement for a while.

Edit: Improper reading aside, I still don't think SP is changing their DCS thicknesses...even though it'd be nice.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 April 2014, 12:30:38 by CPTBadAss »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #7249 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 13:41:20 »
Whoops I thought it was. Apparently been misreading that statement for a while.

Edit: Improper reading aside, I still don't think SP is changing their DCS thicknesses...even though it'd be nice.

No matter how long you're here, still so new...

<4