Author Topic: I like this place...  (Read 1189 times)

Offline finaltheorem

I like this place...
« on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 22:06:22 »
...but its really gonna be bad for my credit card, I can already tell. :'(  Well, thanks a lot for that.  Not to mention I've started compulsively searching for mechanical keyboard stuff at work.   :))  Guess its better than being productive.

Anyway, just kidding and I've been lurking here a good bit for the last few weeks.  I've already made the jump and bought the Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid with MX blues.  I added to the 50-A o-rings and I'm really liking it so far!  As you can see, I bought a couple custom keycaps too, from a seller called Key-Pop on ebay (I'm assuming they're from Signature Plastics though).  And since all that wasn't spendy enough, I've went ahead and ordered a set of Ducky black engraved keys to replace the ones that came on the QFR. Oh, and since carrying a keyboard back and forth to work and hooking it up every morning was getting old (and confirming my insanity for some of my coworkers) I also ordered a Unicomp 101 with blank black keys, which shipped today (same day as I ordered).  I'm pretty excited for that...

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this place.  Everyone here seems pretty cool, and I'll try to chime in when I have something to contribute instead of just being a lurker. 

Using:
IBM Model M (1396790)  |  IBM XT Model F (at work)
Collection:
2 IBM Model M terminal boards (1392595)  |  Unicomp 101, Black w/Black Blanks  |  IBM XT Model F  |  SIIG Minitouch, black vinyl dye  |  7 Dell AT101Ws  |  Coolermaster QFR w/Blues - gifted
In the mail:
Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 55g (Black)  |  IBM AT Model F  |  Leopold FC660C (Whenever EK gets them in stock)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Re: I like this place...
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 22:31:00 »
Nice pictures! And welcome to GH!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 05:33:34 »
Welcome to GH, I have that very same board with blacks :P
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 05:35:50 »
Welcome to Geekhack! Those pictures are very nice, especially the underside of the doubleshot keycap ;D
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 14:13:53 »
Welcome bro!
And you are right - your credit card will not like it at all!!!
 :eek:
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB