Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8672505 times)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #3600 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 19:01:20 »

Where is everyone seeing this fourth of july sale?
There are never any guarantees, but there's one every year.

I would be so happy to get in on it. 0/3 on past sales.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3601 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 03:18:12 »

Another chance for a Skullsicle  :-X

no.... nonono. Don't get one's hopes up. Chances are....
*noisydoesintensecalculations
AH!

Chances are....

Slim to none  :-[

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3602 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 09:59:19 »

AH!

Chances are....

What did I miss? :eek:

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3603 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 10:28:09 »

AH!

Chances are....

What did I miss? :eek:

I think they're all anticipating for another 4th of July sale. :p Still a month to go~
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3604 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 10:33:43 »
I got royally ****ed last year for my location and situation for the 4th of July sale, so here's to hoping that it goes smooth this year

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3605 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 12:02:55 »
I got royally ****ed last year for my location and situation for the 4th of July sale, so here's to hoping that it goes smooth this year

I'm going to be in the woods without an internet connection and no smartphone.  I won't even know if there is a sale, much less be able to get in on it...   :'(

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #3606 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 12:08:40 »

I'm going to be in the woods without an internet connection and no smartphone.  I won't even know if there is a sale, much less be able to get in on it...   :'(

Just unfortunate  :'(

What's sad/funny for clacks sales and me this year, the first one when I was home was this year's 420 sale, and I hit the 'send' button in gmail about 1.5 seconds before 4:20:00, which worked in 2013, but apparently my internet got a little bit faster, because it delivered .5 seconds too early, so now this year in 2014, I have to hit it 1 second before exactly, not 1.5 :P

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3607 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 13:48:40 »

Just unfortunate  :'(

What's sad/funny for clacks sales and me this year, the first one when I was home was this year's 420 sale, and I hit the 'send' button in gmail about 1.5 seconds before 4:20:00, which worked in 2013, but apparently my internet got a little bit faster, because it delivered .5 seconds too early, so now this year in 2014, I have to hit it 1 second before exactly, not 1.5 :P

I always have pressed send at 00... I've never made it into a 4grabs sale in the past 3 years... LOL :)) You can tell because every one of my clacks are non-4grabs clacks lol... :'( I guess it won't hurt to experiment the next time...

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #3608 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 13:54:10 »
I always have pressed send at 00... I've never made it into a 4grabs sale in the past 3 years... LOL :)) You can tell because every one of my clacks are non-4grabs clacks lol... :'( I guess it won't hurt to experiment the next time...

.....VESPER SERIOUSLY......  :)) :-*

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #3609 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:29:18 »

That's not unfortunate. You're out enjoying nature, free from the grips of modern technology, rather than sitting at your computer waiting intently to send an e-mail that may or may not allow you to purchase a keycap.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3610 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:34:24 »

That's not unfortunate. You're out enjoying nature, free from the grips of modern technology, rather than sitting at your computer waiting intently to send an e-mail that may or may not allow you to purchase a keycap.
no **** nature caps are better
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3611 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:03:40 »
Well.. If this year is of any lessons, missing 420 4Grabs stand you a chance of EDD, which is way, way better, isn't it?

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #3612 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:07:10 »
Well.. If this year is of any lessons, missing 420 4Grabs stand you a chance of EDD, which is way, way better, isn't it?

Only because it had BS clacks!  :p

Then you could get no EDD dibs and miss out on every single sale. I wouldn't say way better.. :))

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3613 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:09:33 »

Only because it had BS clacks!  :p

Then you could get no EDD dibs and miss out on every single sale. I wouldn't say way better.. :))

I'm just too slow =( Only made it into 1 sale out of 9 (not counting may the 4th)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #3614 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 03:27:35 »

I missed 420 and EDD, still hurts. :( Especially cause of the BS clacks.

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #3615 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 04:30:45 »
I wonder do we have a clack sales/drawing purely for non-clack people?

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3616 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 04:53:45 »
From my observations, many of this years 420 or EDD winners are clack-less folks. It has been a pretty random raffles already.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3617 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 05:00:52 »
From my observations, many of this years 420 or EDD winners are clack-less folks. It has been a pretty random raffles already.

Yep, I was clack-less prior to the 420 sale and was lucky enough to get one. Took me over a year though!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3618 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 06:24:46 »

LOL try proving that someone is Clack-less ;)

Bro Caps sometimes does such a sale, and generally we can tell if someone is erroneously claiming to be Bro-less.

Clacklessness is sometimes more difficult to discern.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3619 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 06:33:15 »

Bro Caps sometimes does such a sale, and generally we can tell if someone is erroneously claiming to be Bro-less.

Honestly I think the way he does it now is pretty fair anyway, you're always going to get people complaining about not having Clacks as more and more people get into the hobby. If they're persistent then then they'll get one eventually.

I just hate seeing them going to people who use them for quick cash.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #3620 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 13:13:55 »

Honestly I think the way he does it now is pretty fair anyway, you're always going to get people complaining about not having Clacks as more and more people get into the hobby. If they're persistent then then they'll get one eventually.

I just hate seeing them going to people who use them for quick cash.

I agree, I haven't been lucky enough to get in yet but generous GH members have helped me, and as you say I think if you are persistent you will eventually get in.

Offline redskull

« Reply #3621 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:38:25 »
still, IMO, those rare tri-colors and such seem to keep circling the same group of people. its not definite, but this adds to why newcomers go to those that want to flip them for a ton of cash instead of waiting and keep asking around for clacks at original retail value.

Offline Broduce

« Reply #3622 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:40:54 »
New people sign up and see guys filling their boards with clacks and get salty about being clackless. Understandable, but they usually just don't realize how long those people have been around, or what they've done for the geekhack community.

Offline redskull

« Reply #3623 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 00:16:47 »
New people sign up and see guys filling their boards with clacks and get salty about being clackless. Understandable, but they usually just don't realize how long those people have been around, or what they've done for the geekhack community.
like you? JK JK, welcome to geekhack sir.  ;D

Offline Broduce

« Reply #3624 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 00:19:55 »
like you? JK JK, welcome to geekhack sir.  ;D
No no you are correct. I'm salty as heck dude :) Thanks for the welcome

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3625 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 23:58:41 »
Alright so we need some activity in here while we're waiting for CC to recover! Dream color combo - KGO!

Mine would probably be red base, white skull, gold eyes. The 49ers special :)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #3626 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:04:41 »
Alright so we need some activity in here while we're waiting for CC to recover! Dream color combo - KGO!

Hmmm this is a tough one, i would have to go with a tri-color skull...

Black base
Blacker skull
Blackest eyes

...yummy
sell ass and eat out

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3627 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:05:35 »

Hmmm this is a tough one, i would have to go with a tri-color skull...

Black base
Blacker skull
Blackest eyes

...yummy

BLACKER THAN THE BLACKEST BLACK TIMES INFINITY!!!

EDIT: OOOO I thought of a good one. Pitch Black skull, code green eyes.  JIZZZZZ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3628 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:11:07 »
Yellow Skull, black eyes ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3629 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:18:59 »
I've been quite keen on a pink skull with a red base lately. Think that would look pretty decent.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #3630 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:23:02 »
I would love to see a light grey base with light blue or cyan skull  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:25:05 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3631 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:24:32 »
I would love to see a light grey base with light blue or teal skull  :thumb:

Miami skull for me.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #3632 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 00:59:41 »
OoooOOoooOoh

I really love the whole mint-chocolate color scheme. too bad the skull from the last sale had a 420 leaf :eek:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3633 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:06:19 »
OoooOOoooOoh

I really love the whole mint-chocolate color scheme. too bad the skull from the last sale had a 420 leaf :eek:

Just means more leaves for me :)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3634 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:16:17 »
I would love to see another 4grab for OG Tri...
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3635 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:32:48 »

Miami skull for me.

Same

Offline tbc

« Reply #3636 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:47:04 »
black everything except gold eyes nose and teeth :)
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #3637 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:51:57 »

Where is everyone seeing this fourth of july sale?
There are never any guarantees, but there's one every year.

I would be so happy to get in on it. 0/3 on past sales.
I've never been able to get through on a sale. 0-??

I was lucky and still thankful to receive a clack as a gift, so at least I can look at something in person.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:53:41 by le_doosh »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3638 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 02:00:48 »

Miami skull for me.

Same

Spumoni (at least the top part) comes pretty close ... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1335479#msg1335479

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3639 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 02:18:04 »

Miami skull for me.

Same

Spumoni (at least the top part) comes pretty close ... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1335479#msg1335479

Yeah I know (I was online and chatting with NT when he won it). But there is only one and it's got a brown base... I dream of a Miami cap that's mint gum and tickle me pink with black sun glasses... But in my dreams it shall remain as even if one was made I would never get it in the 4grabs or be able to afford it second hand lol

Idk maybe the dream is better hahaha

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3640 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 02:20:36 »
The value of it is $1000. Why? Because that's what it sells for. Put that in http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59608.0

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3641 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 02:27:16 »
You should post it in that thread, to help there price list :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3642 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 02:31:55 »
You should post it in that thread, to help there price list :)

It's on sale!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3643 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 02:43:34 »
Damn beautiful cap! Someone will enjoy it! :)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #3644 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 04:32:46 »
My dream clack(s) would be
1) 420 clack like the mint chocolate but Green/Yellow/Red. Rasta colors plus 420. It's meant to be.

2) I've mentioned this before but an Octoberfest blank, as is with the full white head of foam but with a red Toast leaf in the middle to resemble a Canada flag on a nice ice cold beer.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3645 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:05:05 »
this is ****ing depressing
i think i lost my Gray skull -_-
i looked everywhere for it yesterday and can't find it anywhere.

****in sucks

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3646 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:13:22 »

****in sucks

#1 reason to not own clacks....you might lose them :D ;)

hope you find it bro!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #3647 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:38:31 »

****in sucks
:(

RIP

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3648 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:48:43 »

****in sucks

I've heard the same thing said about pets. And children.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3649 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:51:32 »

****in sucks

I've heard the same thing said about pets. And children.

Thankfully my wonderful wife keeps up with those :P