Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8646970 times)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #3800 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 12:10:30 »
http://i.imgur.com/Rg410n2.jpg

Fake clack on top, gasmask on bottom.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3801 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 12:12:31 »
That's very interesting observation.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3802 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 12:13:03 »
Congrats to those who got in on the dibs!! Super jelly!! >.<

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3803 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 13:12:00 »

This is off topic and belongs in the fake clack discussion thread.  That said, since it's here:

That pic isn't really convincing.  By my "scientifically accurate" paper ruler and measuring my screen, martin's is deeper. Additionally, his stem post is rounded while the fake clack is squared off.  It also looks like the inside corners are sharper on the fake clack than martin's cap as well.

I'd like to know who did it and love to see legal action taken against them as an associate of DrugER and his now more than $100k theft, but we need more solid evidence than side by side pics like that that don't really prove anything.  Until we have more solid evidence, I don't think it does anyone any good to drag someone's name into this who has been a member here for a while, even if he and Clack have had prior issues with one another.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #3804 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 13:38:24 »

This is off topic and belongs in the fake clack discussion thread.  That said, since it's here:

That pic isn't really convincing.  By my "scientifically accurate" paper ruler and measuring my screen, martin's is deeper. Additionally, his stem post is rounded while the fake clack is squared off.  It also looks like the inside corners are sharper on the fake clack than martin's cap as well.

I'd like to know who did it and love to see legal action taken against them as an associate of DrugER and his now more than $100k theft, but we need more solid evidence than side by side pics like that that don't really prove anything.  Until we have more solid evidence, I don't think it does anyone any good to drag someone's name into this who has been a member here for a while, even if he and Clack have had prior issues with one another.

100k?!?! what the **** did I miss while I was gone.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3805 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 13:39:17 »

100k?!?! what the **** did I miss while I was gone.

He ran off with all of the money from a Dolch DSA group buy, as well as from another Korean group buy (I think). More info here.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #3806 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 13:40:49 »
99% sure the creator was martinyeah.  If you guys hadn't figured that out.

Shots fired.

RETIRED

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3807 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 13:49:17 »
He ran off with all of the money from a Dolch DSA group buy, as well as from another Korean group buy (I think). More info here.

And Korean CMYW group buy. I thought he was in jail already.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #3808 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 14:11:04 »
Someone please explain me that this Clack thing is all about!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3809 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 14:13:39 »

When you have a mechanical keyboard and you press on the keys, the noise it makes is like 'click' but sometimes it goes 'clack', and that's how you know your a baller.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #3810 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 15:16:07 »

When you have a mechanical keyboard and you press on the keys, the noise it makes is like 'click' but sometimes it goes 'Thock', and that's how you know youre a baller.

FTFY
sell out and eat ass

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #3811 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:07:44 »
I've always wondered really how random the "random dibs" really are

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3812 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:47:31 »

Well, of course it's not random. CC is working on building a mystery. Holding on and holding it in, yeah he's working. Building a mystery, and choosing so carefully.

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #3813 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:51:58 »
Well we know how many people didn't get in. But I haven't seen any word on who did get in.

I wonder if any previously clackless people got in.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #3814 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:53:25 »

Well, of course it's not random. CC is working on building a mystery. Holding on and holding it in, yeah he's working. Building a mystery, and choosing so carefully.

I believe there is a Sarah Mclachlan song written about this
sell out and eat ass

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3815 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:54:37 »

I wonder if any previously clackless people got in.

That's what I'm hoping. Used to be dibs went to the same people, which understandably made a lot of folks mad. Now he's been giving them to peeps who have been missing out, which is very cool.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #3816 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:54:51 »
Well we know how many people didn't get in. But I haven't seen any word on who did get in.

I am sure they realize what it would do to their poor inbox if people found out they got in.
RETIRED

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3817 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:56:06 »

I believe there is a Sarah Mclachlan song written about this

Sara Bareilles, but close enough =P

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #3818 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 18:14:38 »

I am sure they realize what it would do to their poor inbox if people found out they got in.

You think lots of people here would actually PM them with offers on their clack? If so, that's annoying.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3819 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 18:15:22 »

You think lots of people here would actually PM them with offers on their clack? If so, that's annoying.

Yes. That is exactly what happens.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #3820 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 20:27:20 »
Nice to see clack back on his feet!  I haven't had the chance to interact with you yet, but thanks to bunny I have one of your awesome caps!
Hi :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3821 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 20:28:23 »
Does anyone know what was actually in the sale?  Seeing as how there were no official pictures or anything?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #3822 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 20:39:45 »
More clack therapy!

My dream clack, I call him Irradiated Nightowl :p

Show Image

For someone who hasn't used pastel in months, that is pretty damn sick! Love the name too.
Hi :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3823 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 00:44:33 »
More clack therapy!

My dream clack, I call him Irradiated Nightowl :p

Show Image

For someone who hasn't used pastel in months, that is pretty damn sick! Love the name too.

I'll probably have a couple more today, just got back from the art store and it's pouring outside so I'll probably be cave dwelling for the next few hours :p
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3824 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:32:54 »
CC is back!  So happy to see you back on your feet and having sales, Mr. Clack.  :)  Congrats to those that made it into any sales that happened this weekend! (I have no idea what I missed)

I might need some therapy.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3825 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:43:18 »
CC is back!  So happy to see you back on your feet and having sales, Mr. Clack.  :)  Congrats to those that made it into any sales that happened this weekend! (I have no idea what I missed)

I might need some therapy.

I have no idea what I missed either, but welcome back as well CC!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3826 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:44:45 »
All you guys missed was a dibs sale. Nothing major unless you had dibs (I wish I had dibs  :( )
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3827 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:49:44 »
All you guys missed was a dibs sale. Nothing major unless you had dibs (I wish I had dibs  :( )

A Clack sale is not something major?

You must be new here :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3828 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:54:08 »
Blame for any and all Mr. Friday tomfoolery should forever fall on Rarar.  Seriously, that was quite the mess.

what happened?

Since this is therapy, I guess it can't hurt to stir a teensy tiny bit of drama, right?  :)  Especially since this is over a year old.  Anyway, here are some links with a brief story.

This is rarar's sale thread.  You'll notice he has listed a Mr. Friday clack.  That's the clack that he got by basically begging CC himself for a clack after missing out on a few sales, dibs, and 4grabs events.  That's right, he begged for a clack, got said clack, and then turned around and flipped it.  You can imagine the drama that caused... (I was still very fresh to the forums at this point, so I was not involved in this at all - as such, if my memory is shoddy and some details are wrong, someone please correct me)

Here is a little discussion thread that was created soon after the whole debacle.

So yeah.  That's basically it.  There's a bit more drama and funny stories surrounding rarar, but we'll save those for another time.   :-*

Also,
rarar took too much acid and smoked too many maijuanas at once

^^ that.   :))
WOWWWWW....  I really wish he wasn't from MN.... That's messed up man..

Yep... I'm pretty bummed out about that fact.  So much for Minnesota Nice, eh?   :-X

And the part of the story that's usually left out is that inlikeflynn invited him to the MN meetup despite the drama that had unfolded just weeks prior, as a way for him to prove himself to the community.  He did come to the meetup, and was a perfectly fine guy to hang out with, especially considering the drama.  Just standard immature stuff.  He was really young when that whole fiasco happened.  Not that it excuses it, especially since he's been pretty immature even since then, but it is worth noting.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3829 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 21:05:08 »
People are monster behind the wheel of a car, same as when there's an Internet. In real life, the are often pretty cool.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #3830 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:05:49 »

Yep... I'm pretty bummed out about that fact.  So much for Minnesota Nice, eh?   :-X
eh?  EH??!!  I know you spent a little time with us in Canada but if you keep talking like that you might wind up with one of those Canada bro bots!!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3831 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:36:24 »

eh?  EH??!!  I know you spent a little time with us in Canada but if you keep talking like that you might wind up with one of those Canada bro bots!!

I'd be okay with that!  I like Canada.   :-*   You guys are pretty cool dudes.  Wouldn't mind coming back!  Just promise my car won't get abused at the border again.   :-X  I promise I met this guy named Halverson on the internet and I'm not smuggling drugs!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3832 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:38:15 »

I'd be okay with that!  I like Canada.   :-*   You guys are pretty cool dudes.  Wouldn't mind coming back!  Just promise my car won't get abused at the border again.   :-X  I promise I met this guy named Halverson on the internet and I'm not smuggling drugs!

They're just 420 caps guys, not paraphernalia!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3833 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:45:49 »

:))  Haha, right?

I actually didn't take any keyboard stuff with me.    :p   That was a purely recreational trip.    :thumb:  (as if keyboards aren't recreational)

This is only slightly off topic.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #3834 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:49:20 »

:))  Haha, right?

I actually didn't take any keyboard stuff with me.    :p   That was a purely recreational trip.    :thumb:  (as if keyboards aren't recreational)

This is only slightly off topic.
Im reporting you to the thread starter!!!

We also have unfinished business. Eggs need catching!!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #3835 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:50:32 »
I had no idea a Clack sale happened!?  That's great that he is back though.  Hopefully, I'll score some one day soon.  I looked at the Clack Factory thread and didn't see any super recent posts, can someone tell me where it was posted?  And also, what are dibs and how do you get them?

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #3836 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:57:08 »
I had no idea a Clack sale happened!?  That's great that he is back though.  Hopefully, I'll score some one day soon.  I looked at the Clack Factory thread and didn't see any super recent posts, can someone tell me where it was posted?  And also, what are dibs and how do you get them?
Last post of the 4grabs thread here.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #3837 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 18:21:17 »
No pics of new clacks posted today  :-[
RETIRED

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3838 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 23:59:21 »
Cant wait to see the 2 new clacks.. ;x

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3839 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 00:09:37 »
You will see them after they are sold to Naasfu.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3840 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 00:09:37 »

Much therapy will be required :(

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #3841 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:24:26 »

Exactly, I am sure we will all be here once they are :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3842 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:42:44 »

Some of us are camping here almost permanently :p

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #3843 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:44:33 »
My fear is that we will never see them.  If anyone gets them, purreeese post a pic.  Use a fake account if needed.

Thank you.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #3844 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:58:37 »
My fear is that we will never see them.  If anyone gets them, purreeese post a pic.  Use a fake account if needed.

Thank you.

Exactly if you really have no interest in trades then just use a fake, we just wanna see them  :p

Haha indeed, we run into each other a lot here  :))

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3845 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 02:07:54 »
Clack therapy is where all the cool kids hang!

This place needs another sale goshdarnit.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #3846 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 09:16:41 »
an ek sale would be nice.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3847 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 09:17:39 »

Thank you.

Exactly if you really have no interest in trades then just use a fake, we just wanna see them  :p

Haha indeed, we run into each other a lot here  :))

I don't see a problem with this. I like hanging out and conversing with you guys haha.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3848 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 09:39:07 »
an ek sale would be nice.

Yeah. It is about time for a random draw. :D
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3849 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 09:45:00 »