Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8672166 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #3700 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:43:24 »
Who's hoarding all the MX Mr. Friday's? :'(

I'm not, but if anyone IS hoarding them and wants to distribute some, I'm happy to help :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #3701 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:47:38 »
Who's hoarding all the MX Mr. Friday's? :'(
Blame naasfu, always blame naasfu :P

Offline t2russo

« Reply #3702 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:54:23 »
Blame for any and all Mr. Friday tomfoolery should forever fall on Rarar.  Seriously, that was quite the mess.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3703 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:56:29 »
Blame for any and all Mr. Friday tomfoolery should forever fall on Rarar.  Seriously, that was quite the mess.

what happened?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3704 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:01:17 »

what happened?

rarar took too much acid and smoked too many maijuanas at once

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3705 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:02:13 »

what happened?

he smoked all the mr. fridays in his marijuana cigarettes? knew it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3706 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:02:19 »

what happened?

Since this is therapy, I guess it can't hurt to stir a teensy tiny bit of drama, right?  :)  Especially since this is over a year old.  Anyway, here are some links with a brief story.

This is rarar's sale thread.  You'll notice he has listed a Mr. Friday clack.  That's the clack that he got by basically begging CC himself for a clack after missing out on a few sales, dibs, and 4grabs events.  That's right, he begged for a clack, got said clack, and then turned around and flipped it.  You can imagine the drama that caused... (I was still very fresh to the forums at this point, so I was not involved in this at all - as such, if my memory is shoddy and some details are wrong, someone please correct me)

Here is a little discussion thread that was created soon after the whole debacle.

So yeah.  That's basically it.  There's a bit more drama and funny stories surrounding rarar, but we'll save those for another time.   :-*

Also,

^^ that.   :))

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3707 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:05:52 »

most entertaining/best string of events since I've joined geekhack to date

rarar took too much acid

a serious theory into the reasoning behind the situation

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3708 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:06:26 »

what happened?

Since this is therapy, I guess it can't hurt to stir a teensy tiny bit of drama, right?  :)  Especially since this is over a year old.  Anyway, here are some links with a brief story.

This is rarar's sale thread.  You'll notice he has listed a Mr. Friday clack.  That's the clack that he got by basically begging CC himself for a clack after missing out on a few sales, dibs, and 4grabs events.  That's right, he begged for a clack, got said clack, and then turned around and flipped it.  You can imagine the drama that caused... (I was still very fresh to the forums at this point, so I was not involved in this at all - as such, if my memory is shoddy and some details are wrong, someone please correct me)

Here is a little discussion thread that was created soon after the whole debacle.

So yeah.  That's basically it.  There's a bit more drama and funny stories surrounding rarar, but we'll save those for another time.   :-*

Also,

Thanks for the info Hoff, I honestly never knew that happened, lol. I think I read about his acid trips, that was pretty good.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3709 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:08:56 »
Lol just read the whole saga, as I was reading it was hoping for CC to show up and ruin his day. GOLD.

rarar is such a shady dude - so many people (me included) have had problems buying **** from him.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3710 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:09:28 »

most entertaining/best string of events since I've joined geekhack to date

rarar took too much acid

a serious theory into the reasoning behind the situation
Lawd, that was a good time...

GGWP Rarar. 
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3711 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:12:47 »
Lol just read the whole saga, as I was reading it was hoping for CC to show up and ruin his day. GOLD.

rarar is such a shady dude - so many people (me included) have had problems buying **** from him.

Well CC did show up eventually, but he went right for tp4's throat :))

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3712 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:15:13 »
According to Mr. Clack's post, Rarar never even got the clack? Clack canceled his order? hue?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #3713 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:17:25 »
According to Mr. Clack's post, Rarar never even got the clack? Clack canceled his order? hue?

Yea, he canceled his order. I would have done the same. +1

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3714 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:22:53 »

Yea, he canceled his order. I would have done the same. +1
#coldblooded
I dig it.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3715 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:28:28 »
Internet justice :)

I've been drawing heaps of clacks lately, I'll post up a few of the more random colour wishes later!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #3716 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:31:27 »
I guess I'm the only one who thought it was funny that everyone was white knighting for clickclack like he's not a grown ass man that can handle it himself.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3717 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:34:16 »
I guess I'm the only one who thought it was funny that everyone was white knighting for clickclack like he's not a grown ass man that can handle it himself.

How was that white knighting?  It was people who were pissed off about him being a ****.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3718 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:35:56 »

How was that white knighting?  It was people who were pissed off about him being a ****.

Plus CC is a busy man, he doesn't have time to be keeping tabs on what's happening here.

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #3719 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:48:05 »

I mean, it was a deal between CC and rarar. From the looks of it, it was being handled via PMs, but everyone posted in rarar's classified thread calling him out.

I thought CC's post even said something along the lines of "the P in PM means private" or maybe I missed some context there.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3720 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 03:12:10 »
Thanks, Dubs, for sharing the drama. It is great to learn more of some of the histories behind GH.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3721 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 16:42:14 »
Now I am growing concerned. Not that there wont be a sale [although that too] but that CC hasn't piped up in so long. He's had a 4th sale every year for the past what, 3? 4 years? I really hope he's in good health and spirits. That's the problem with being a mystery man, no one knows if you're OK or not. He could just up and disappear from the keyboard game forever and no one would ever know why.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #3722 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 16:47:38 »
Now I am growing concerned. Not that there wont be a sale [although that too] but that CC hasn't piped up in so long. He's had a 4th sale every year for the past what, 3? 4 years? I really hope he's in good health and spirits. That's the problem with being a mystery man, no one knows if you're OK or not. He could just up and disappear from the keyboard game forever and no one would ever know why.

I was wondering the same thing.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3723 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 17:14:56 »

Yea I hope his back is better. Would be really nice to hear him just say he's alive and well.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3724 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 18:21:22 »
Watch it be a surprise July 4th sale this year!  :cool:

Hope your back is better, CC!
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3725 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 18:26:04 »
He may not be making caps for the past few months because of resting, so he has nothing to sell, maybe?

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #3726 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 20:15:38 »
He may not be making caps for the past few months because of resting, so he has nothing to sell, maybe?
I thought that was fairly obvious, but perhaps he will surprise us.

Or considering Bro Caps hasn't ever posted a photo of himself that I'm aware of, maybe they're actually the same person.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3727 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 20:20:47 »
He wouldn't be looking for his own skulls if he were same.

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #3728 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 20:40:20 »
Wouldn't he though? To deceive simple minded folk like you.

conspiracykeanu.jpg
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 July 2014, 20:52:33 by User Was Banned »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #3729 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 20:49:40 »
I kind of miss Anoxy.  Where did he go?
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3730 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 20:58:50 »

conspiracykeanu.jpg

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3731 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 21:11:33 »

* riotonthebay hisses

DON'T SUMMON HIM BACK

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3732 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 21:28:21 »

* riotonthebay hisses

DON'T SUMMON HIM BACK

Can't summon banned folks, unless he makes a shill account.

It's hard to get banned here, don't wish for people who somehow accomplish that feat to come back.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3733 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 21:46:38 »

conspiracykeanu.jpg
I know that they both have different name and different addresses. But yeah, conspiracy hungry folk like you might just say that one is a proxy for the other. And if they both have so much time to create such a plan to deceive simple minded folks like me, and yet not get rewarded for it and see their caps flipped by people here for profits, then they must be even more simple minded that I am :P

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3734 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 22:04:54 »

* riotonthebay hisses

DON'T SUMMON HIM BACK

Man that guy was a ****, so glad he's gone.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #3735 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 22:16:56 »

* riotonthebay hisses

DON'T SUMMON HIM BACK

"I'm not here for friends!" - anoxy 2013

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3736 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 22:18:17 »

* riotonthebay hisses

DON'T SUMMON HIM BACK

Lol how can you not love a guy like that!

Offline tbc

« Reply #3737 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 23:36:38 »

* riotonthebay hisses

DON'T SUMMON HIM BACK

Lol how can you not love a guy like that!

he died.

i hugged him too much.

then i turned him into a zom.

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3738 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 02:05:27 »

* riotonthebay hisses

DON'T SUMMON HIM BACK

Haha lol I remember him saying that.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3739 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 02:09:09 »

what happened?

Also,

WOWWWWW....  I really wish he wasn't from MN.... That's messed up man..

I wonder if CC is all healed and has a secret sale tomorrow? ;o I hope he is feeling better!  :confused:
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 July 2014, 02:13:25 by dustinhxc »

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #3740 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 02:10:32 »

* riotonthebay hisses

DON'T SUMMON HIM BACK

Haha lol I remember him saying that.
a terrible attitude to bring to a small knit community forum, right? :eek:

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3741 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 02:14:54 »
I actually laughed out loud to myself when I read it for the first time. Why bother posting at all if you just here to try and get caps, you might as well just try get into sales and forget about interacting with the community.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3742 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 04:52:33 »

I'd shoot myself in the foot... because I'm going to be busy all day :( :( :( I have yet to make it into a 4grabs or July sale for the past 3 years... 0/x...

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #3743 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 19:22:18 »
Well, it appears CC has been online lately, lurking a bit. So...that's a good sign.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #3744 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 19:41:32 »

I'd shoot myself in the foot... because I'm going to be busy all day :( :( :( I have yet to make it into a 4grabs or July sale for the past 3 years... 0/x...
Same! Day Drinking!
Well, it appears CC has been online lately, lurking a bit. So...that's a good sign.
That is good news
RETIRED

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3745 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 15:22:41 »
THE PROPHECY WILL BE FULFILLED
I love Elzy

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3746 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 16:02:52 »
Things are happening

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3747 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 16:04:31 »
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
I love Elzy

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3748 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 16:16:24 »
So... who got invited?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #3749 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 16:19:11 »
Checking in for therapy, no invite  :(
RETIRED