Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8645224 times)

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #5850 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:13:56 »
Who wants to burn a clack in honor of all of us who haven't won a clack.  :thumb:

This is Geekhack.

Not 'Will it Blend?'
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Sniping

« Reply #5851 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:15:58 »
is there any updates on this?

Yes.

nice can't wait to get

ver 2.9.000.1 build 69

Who wants to burn a clack in honor of all of us who haven't won a clack.  :thumb:

ayyy lmao

It's been done before :)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5852 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:16:52 »

This is Geekhack.

Not 'Will it Blend?'
Tell that to kmiller

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5853 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:20:27 »

This is Geekhack.

Not 'Will it Blend?'

you tell me this now?!?!  :'(

dam you guys are rude at least tell the noobs how things go down

Dam my mindless typing and typos

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:23:03 by appleonama »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5854 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:22:14 »

This is Geekhack.

Not 'Will it Blend?'

dam you guys are rude at least tell the noobs have things go down here
All you need to know

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5855 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:24:55 »

This is Geekhack.

Not 'Will it Blend?'

dam you guys are rude at least tell the noobs have things go down here
All you need to know
Show Image

That's a heck of a thing to post in the therapy thread :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5856 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:26:58 »
He put it in a spoon and tried to cook it and mainline it. Belongs in therapy.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5857 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:29:05 »

OP should edit his post and add this image to the post

^-^

It's a legit clack too you can see the FX stamp

Edit: this website is slowly breaking on me
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:07:56 by appleonama »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5858 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:30:07 »

OP should edit his post and add this image to the post

^-^

It's a legit clack too you can see the FX stamp

Oh yes.

The things that poor little Clack had to go through :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5859 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:10:38 »
Its 5pm here in Socal were EK is located and yet there is no one here gloating that they won. Maybe it will take them a couple days to announce a winner.  :confused:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5860 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:25:43 »
He put it in a spoon and tried to cook it and mainline it. Belongs in therapy.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #5861 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:32:02 »
Its 5pm here in Socal were EK is located and yet there is no one here gloating that they won. Maybe it will take them a couple days to announce a winner.  :confused:

go knock on the door and ask him
sell out and eat ass

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5862 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:39:45 »

possible it is like a 20 minute drive

maybe i can sabotage click clack inventory and share with all of you(that would be a horrible thing to do) (id keep them all)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5863 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:56:05 »

(that would be a horrible thing to do) (id keep them all)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #5864 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:16:21 »
Oh yes an e-mai...  :(

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #5865 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:20:08 »
Every time I've gotten an email today I've been excited, but in reality it's just more homework.  :confused:

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5866 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:24:41 »
Every time I've gotten an email today I've been excited, but in reality it's just more homework.  :confused:

Show Image

rekt

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5867 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:26:45 »
When exsactly will they announce?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5868 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:29:15 »

Probably when they are ready.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #5869 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:35:02 »

Probably when they are ready.

They're exactly announcing it at the exact moment they decide to announce it after deciding the exact moment that they will announce it.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Muzi

« Reply #5870 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:45:37 »
I'm gonna try to get my first one from there.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #5871 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:48:41 »
Ambitious.

2nd night of going to bed hoping to have an inbox filled with clack offers in the morning  ;D
RETIRED

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #5872 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:50:28 »
I'm being positive and going to assume that I already have an email, I just haven't checked yet. I bet I won't even have to check in for therapy! <rants on about being free>

Offline tbc

« Reply #5873 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:58:32 »
Ambitious.

2nd night of going to bed hoping to have an inbox filled with clack offers in the morning  ;D

10 clacks or die trying amirite?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5874 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 00:18:30 »
I clicked one of my links, and it still says that winners will be announced within 24 hours.  Doesn't say won or lost yet.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5875 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 00:23:13 »
I think it might be waiting for exactly 24 hrs after the sale in PST.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #5876 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 00:25:16 »
Will they tell you if you lost? Or will they only notify those who won a keycap.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #5877 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 00:25:24 »
Fingers crossed, good luck everyone.
eh o well

Offline calavera

« Reply #5878 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 00:32:36 »
I think they only email the winners.

Offline jackalope

« Reply #5879 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 00:42:16 »

Does anyone know what time that would be?
eh o well

Offline Sniping

« Reply #5880 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:05:59 »

1 hour.

Traditionally, they're always delayed with the raffle results, so I wouldn't expect anything tonight.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #5881 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:06:52 »

53 Minutes and 10 seconds
Hi :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #5882 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:12:00 »
I can't wait to see people with two or more of the same key with a looking to trade or sell thread.

"Oh my brother and aunt decided they didn't like CCs any more"

ಠ_ಠ
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline jackalope

« Reply #5883 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:12:51 »
Thank you gentlemen.
eh o well

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #5884 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:30:43 »
I can't wait to see people with two or more of the same key with a looking to trade or sell thread.

ಠ_ಠ

Unfortunately this is inevitable.

When the last clack sale happened, I knew that there were going to be a lot of trades and sales happening simply because it was only topre (and everyone would participate regardless of whether they have Topre keyboards). Not everyone I traded with to get my Trophy silver clacks did this. But at the same time, it is no coincidence that I have been able to pick up 3 of them through trades. And I could pick up even more from classifieds right now if I wanted.

Not that I blame anyone for it. It makes sense. If you want a clack, might as well try your luck now and see if you can get one through a trade. I am fine with that. What I do not like is when they are sold right after, or traded for other items (basically used as currency). Yet at the same time, we have to be honest and admit that some prominent members on the forum have done the exact same thing and we all accepted it. In my mind, that means we pretty much waved the right to complain about it.

Personally I do not like the hypocrisy of the double standard that I sometimes witness (even if I am not blaming anyone. I see it more as an unfortunate set of circumstances and can understand people's emotions in these situations). Sell a cap after a sale and be publicly shamed by an angry mob. Wait a month and tell people your dog needs surgery and no one cares. I can understand why people do not care in the latter case. Surely, in such a situation it makes sense to sell things you do not need. But the point is that people just mimick that situation. I get that it is still the difference between knowing for sure someone is out to make a profit and knowing there is a chance someone was in it to make a profit. But few are careless enough to resell immediately. And when they are, what they are really being punished for is not going about it in a more dishonest way, or selling on ebay instead.

One of the best things the creators of the caps could have done (imo) is increase the price. At least now, someone who is not really interested will hesitate to pay $100 for two keycaps, and it may not be worth the trouble for the lower profit margin. While at the same time, the people who do actually want them might pay less for them on average as they do not have to pay a 200-300% premium in classifieds.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:52:21 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5885 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:35:41 »

ಠ_ಠ

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flow-Tears-Policeman-Said-MASTERWORKS/dp/1857983416

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5886 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:44:49 »
Eyes.. Barely staying.. Open.. So close..  ^-^

Offline jackalope

« Reply #5887 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 02:28:40 »
Glad i don't have to be up till noon for work, 2nd shift was great at helping me not spend money, till geekhack.
eh o well

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #5888 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 02:42:38 »

Hang in there. We're all in this together!!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5889 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 02:47:40 »

After midnight, I guess it won't be until tomorrow sometime..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5890 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 02:51:13 »
I think they only email the winners.

This is what happened the last few times.

However there is a link in your confirmation emails that you can click to see the results of your entries (one link per email).

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5891 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 02:54:16 »

After midnight, I guess it won't be until tomorrow sometime..
Yea, don't lose any sleep over it fellas. Your emails will or will not be there regardless. Plus, falling asleep with clack sales on the brain can lead to some interesting dreams.

And there's a thread for that.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48477

Offline tbc

« Reply #5892 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:01:23 »
it's.....like the 24 hr timer resets after everytime someone posts here lol
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #5893 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:03:44 »

Or nobody from GH won :P
sell out and eat ass

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #5894 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:06:55 »

Or nobody from GH won :P
k3 took them all :(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5895 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:17:12 »
at least the mr.clack could let us know what's happening  :confused:

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5896 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:45:58 »

this wait is absolutely normal for an EK draw. Don't worry.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #5897 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:46:54 »

that you don't get anything or what? ;)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5898 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 03:49:05 »

that you don't get anything or what? ;)
This is my third Halloween draw on EK IIRC. No luck yet. 4grabs is where I find my luck sometimes.

Offline nntnam

« Reply #5899 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 04:30:38 »
Maybe tomorrow  ;D .
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░