Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8640731 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #5950 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 13:56:14 »
This longer than 24hr wait is normal...

Have you not been in an EK sale before? Hell, they usually take like a week after the sale.

edit: nm, read what you wrote weird... or you wrote it weird :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5951 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 15:14:40 »

Have you not been in an EK sale before? Hell, they usually take like a week after the sale.

I guess we will never know.... never know... know...

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #5952 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 15:16:17 »

A week?  That is like forever!  (channeling my inner 9th grader)
Hi :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5953 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 15:19:10 »

A week?  That is like forever!  (channeling my inner 9th grader)

As long as its only channeling....

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5954 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 15:33:13 »
Going to ek to pick up the super secret legendary diamond chiseled skull clack  :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5955 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 15:52:21 »
Going to ek to pick up the super secret legendary diamond chiseled skull clack  :thumb:

He's actually worked with precious stones before. I don't know if he actually made key caps with them, but he made something.
I'm still pushing for a human bone one. That's like the dream clack, how amazingly ironic and badass would a clack skull carved from bone be?  :eek:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5956 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 15:53:59 »
A skull carved from a skull!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #5957 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 15:56:41 »
A skull carved from a skull!
skullception
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5958 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 16:03:24 »
Limited edition:  includes certificate signed by donor
I'm back.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5959 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 16:04:50 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:25:14 by esoomenona »

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #5960 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 16:46:39 »
The tension....  :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5961 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 16:51:41 »

Relax!

You will either win or not.

There is nothing you can do now to influence the outcome.

Accept that you might not win.  Rejoice if you do.

:D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5962 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 16:52:19 »

Relax!

Well said, Father Rowdy.  Let's all calm down a tad, mmkay?   ^-^

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5963 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:03:56 »

Calm? I'm calm... are you calm? what did you say clack..?! :confused: skull clack   :eek:

Us noobies are just building up tension so we can kick and scream when we loose.

Let us fun post and dream about how we're going to win 3 clacks

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #5964 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:06:54 »

Relax!

*basks in rowdy-wisdom*

Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5965 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:07:59 »

Calm? I'm calm... are you calm? what did you say clack..?! :confused: skull clack   :eek:

Us noobies are just building up tension so we can kick and scream when we loose.

I still remember the heart-pounding tension every time an email arrived.  The crushing disappointment each time I realised it was unrelated.

Then the final blow when everyone else had received their emails, as much time as I could possibly excuse had passed, and still no winning email.

At least I saved my money on those occasions - every little bit saved means less stress worrying about how to justify paying for the next round of potential wins.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #5966 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:36:43 »

Relax!

Well said, Father Rowdy.  Let's all calm down a tad, mmkay?   ^-^
I hear what you are saying, but...
f5 f5 f5 f5
RETIRED

Offline repiv

« Reply #5967 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:38:48 »
Which Clack are you guys really hoping for from this draw? Seems like there's a lot of great Clacks in this draw.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #5968 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:43:49 »
I'm honestly going for any, but the wait is part of the fun :D

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #5969 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:48:06 »
I'm honestly going for any, but the wait is part of the fun :D
Too true.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5970 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:49:43 »
Which Clack are you guys really hoping for from this draw? Seems like there's a lot of great Clacks in this draw.

All of them  :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5971 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 17:51:20 »

the ones that that i can put on my keyboards
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5972 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 18:30:32 »
Honestly, wouldn't you rather get an email saying "YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR." then nothing at all?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5973 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 18:31:17 »

I'm happy with anything (never won one before in 5 sales) but the Night Owl would be awesome on my daily driver Poker.
I'm back.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5974 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 18:32:20 »
Honestly, wouldn't you rather get an email saying "YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR." then nothing at all?

Yup.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5975 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 18:36:18 »

yeah it would end my urge to know if I won or not.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5976 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 18:40:54 »

I'd be happy with any of them.

If pressed, I would say a(nother) Drunken Skull, as it is my favourite Clack, and so my existing one doesn't get lonely, but for this drawing I'd say the Night Owl MK II.  It would be my first black CC.

Topre, naturally ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5977 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 18:41:33 »

++
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5978 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 20:24:43 »

Agreed
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #5979 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:16:12 »

If pressed, I would say a(nother) Drunken Skull, as it is my favourite Clack, and so my existing one doesn't get lonely, but for this drawing I'd say the Night Owl MK II.  It would be my first black CC.

Topre, naturally ;D
Ideally, I would want the drunken skull in MX to match my Octoberfest. But I would actually prefer the candy corn skull. Then night owl MK II. Then Ragerot. Then whatever else.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5980 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:20:39 »

Topre, naturally ;D
Ideally, I would want the drunken skull in MX to match my Octoberfest. But I would actually prefer the candy corn skull. Then night owl MK II. Then Ragerot. Then whatever else.

I have Oktoberfest in MX, and Drunken Skull in Topre.  First world problem.

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #5981 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:21:09 »
Bluetrabe is the best click clack I have ever laid eyes on
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5982 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:27:20 »

Topre, naturally ;D

I have Oktoberfest in MX, and Drunken Skull in Topre.  First world problem.

all candy corn, julysicle, and october and drunken skull are the best.

Offline redskull

« Reply #5983 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:27:40 »

Relax!

some serious Dr. Phil stuff right there.  ;D

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #5984 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:19:23 »

The Candy Corn one!

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #5985 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:21:04 »
On a side note this may be a very hard question to answer but historically how many clacks are there sold per sale?

For example, are there 50 Candy corns in stock right now?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5986 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:25:34 »
On a side note this may be a very hard question to answer but historically how many clacks are there sold per sale?

There are n number of Clacks in each sale.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #5987 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:26:39 »

There are n number of Clacks in each sale.

Where n > 0

EDIT: (Hopefully)
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5988 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:26:52 »
Well there are at least a dozen ogres, but who knows if those are the most common keycap they have or not.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5989 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:53:47 »

I still remember the heart-pounding tension every time an email arrived.  The crushing disappointment each time I realised it was unrelated.

Then the final blow when everyone else had received their emails, as much time as I could possibly excuse had passed, and still no winning email.

At least I saved my money on those occasions - every little bit saved means less stress worrying about how to justify paying for the next round of potential wins.

We're gonna need a separate thread for Clack fanfic.  :))
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline feizor

« Reply #5990 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:58:42 »

More like 10 if even.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5991 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 23:29:15 »
email.. :blank:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5992 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 23:33:22 »
AHHH cant handle the anxiety  :-\

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5993 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 00:03:02 »

Stay chilled and sanguine.  Emails will arrive soon :)

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #5994 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 00:03:56 »
I can't stop F5ing on EK.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #5995 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 00:56:56 »

Stay chilled and sanguine.  Emails will arrive soon :)

Haha, it's hard there are some great cracks in this draw (night owl mkII  :eek:) and I desperately need a clack win under my belt been trying so long.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #5996 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 01:02:35 »
If it's anything like last year, emails will prob go out around Nov 5 around 6am PST.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Topper

« Reply #5997 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 03:49:06 »
It's already over, they said they'd sent out all emails within 24 hours  :(

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #5998 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 03:52:45 »

Man it'd be sad if that were true and no one here won any haha
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5999 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 03:53:53 »

Now this is a sauce I can TRUST!