Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8640855 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #6400 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 15:35:45 »
haha, i like how you changed the bad word :P
Got to be child friendly you know :p

That's right - there are many immature people on the forums :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Batmann

« Reply #6401 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 01:53:17 »
Oh Well
I didn't get in once again
My Jimmies are rustled

very rustled!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #6402 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 02:00:17 »
There's no winning with these things....

Buy them and keep them? **** you for hoarding.
Buy them and sell them? **** you for flipping.
Buy them and trade them? **** you for only trading.

Not to mention the people who act like you're somehow obligated to accept trade offers. Sorry but if I don't feel the trade is worth it then I'm not going to trade, jeez. I've been knocked back when I've offered people trades plenty of times, I always just say thanks for their time and wish them the best of luck...
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6403 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 02:06:23 »
Oh and the people who message you asking to sell clacks when your thread states in like 5 different ways that they are not for sale, only trade. I've stopped replying to them now.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #6404 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 02:28:19 »
Oh and the people who message you asking to sell clacks when your thread states in like 5 different ways that they are not for sale, only trade. I've stopped replying to them now.

Likewise there are the people messaging me to sell me their clacks for $700, to which I kindly decline :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline tbc

« Reply #6405 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 02:42:14 »

Not to mention the people who act like you're somehow obligated to accept trade offers. Sorry but if I don't feel the trade is worth it then I'm not going to trade, jeez. I've been knocked back when I've offered people trades plenty of times, I always just say thanks for their time and wish them the best of luck...
*sigh*

my hope for humanity was holding onto the idea that things like that never happened.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6406 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 02:44:09 »

*sigh*

my hope for humanity was holding onto the idea that things like that never happened.

I believe they said something along the lines of "you're too picky, that's why you've been trying to trade this for so long". Yeah, reaaaally not convincing me dude hahaha

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6407 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 09:10:06 »

*sigh*

I believe they said something along the lines of "you're too picky, that's why you've been trying to trade this for so long". Yeah, reaaaally not convincing me dude hahaha

Dude, you are too picky.  You could have traded me that Clack for 5 bucks looong ago!   :rolleyes:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6408 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 09:38:03 »

*sigh*

Dude, you are too picky.  You could have traded me that Clack for 5 bucks looong ago!   :rolleyes:

Well alright then. *supersarcasm*

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #6409 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 09:40:28 »
Oh Well
I didn't get in once again
My Jimmies are rustled

very rustled!
Hey batmann! Haven't seen you posting in a while. How's it going?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6410 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 10:12:39 »

*sigh*

Well alright then. *supersarcasm*

Supersarcasm indeed.  :P  Just trying to lighten the mood!  :D

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6411 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 10:18:13 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:24:51 by esoomenona »

Offline Batmann

« Reply #6412 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 16:03:16 »
Hey guys,
it's good to see you are still in business! :D
I have been pretty busy lately renovating an apartment but I still lurk around when I am online
And yes I am pretty satisfied with my LZ-GH, you good moose are completely right  ;). Although that TEK80 would be the real endgame board! (before I saw your post I was checking your flickr, holy molly that thing is sweet!.. and those windowed caps.. :'(!)

That Clack sale got me all excited and all rustled in no time ... once again!
I might trade a board for a Gumrot  :-\

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6413 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 17:36:07 »
Have all you US guys got yours? Mine is in USPS limbo :(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6414 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 17:38:38 »

Show Image

uh oh
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6415 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 17:38:43 »

Show Image

Mine's nearly identical  :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6416 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 17:39:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

less uh oh?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6417 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 17:40:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

<3 we're in this together

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6418 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:32:16 »
I wonder how many Ragerots were made, Ive only seen 1-2 other winners..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6419 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 20:46:19 »

The eternal question ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6420 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 20:53:20 »

Not enough since I don't have one.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6421 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 22:09:26 »

Not enough since I don't have one.

Damn I thought for sure you would've found someone who wanted a skull by now. :0
I can't believe there were 10 x as many winners of the rare skulls.
Maybe a lot of non GH member won ragerot. Either that, or only a few were sold.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6422 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 22:16:29 »
Nope, no bites and no offers.  I had some for the purple caps I was looking for, but they wanted my Ice Brobot and another cap for a solid purple cap.  I said **** that noise, I don't profiteer off caps and I do everything I can to make sure trades are fair and even, so why are you trying to take advantage of me?

Anyways, that's the way things go.  Maybe eventually I'll get one.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6423 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 22:25:15 »
Nope, no bites and no offers.  I had some for the purple caps I was looking for, but they wanted my Ice Brobot and another cap for a solid purple cap.  I said **** that noise, I don't profiteer off caps and I do everything I can to make sure trades are fair and even, so why are you trying to take advantage of me?

Tell me about it man, I've had no end of trouble with trades lately. Have a feeling I'm just going to wind up giving most of my caps away if they don't get traded.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6424 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 22:43:09 »

Tell me about it man, I've had no end of trouble with trades lately. Have a feeling I'm just going to wind up giving most of my caps away if they don't get traded.

You don't want to sell them?

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #6425 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 22:49:17 »

If i had something you'd want, i would trade it in an instant for the Slurple and/or Tyrian.

Hopefully you find a trade that goes well.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6426 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 23:17:51 »

I might but I'm more inclined to just give them away to people who I know won't flip them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6427 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 23:46:20 »

I might but I'm more inclined to just give them away to people who I know won't flip them.

I won't ;D :D ;) :cool:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6428 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 23:46:52 »

Yeah, you're one of the good eggs :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6429 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 00:13:40 »

Actually i think it's a disease I have - I don't tend to let anything go, consequently I am continually running out of room to store stuff :))

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #6430 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 02:18:04 »

Actually i think it's a disease I have - I don't tend to let anything go, consequently I am continually running out of room to store stuff :))

I have the same problem Rowdy, it's seriously an issue, luckily it's mostly small-ish things :)

Offline feizor

« Reply #6431 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 04:46:22 »

I have the same problem Rowdy, it's seriously an issue, luckily it's mostly small-ish things :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding

Can also relate.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #6432 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 07:36:57 »

Nor would I  :-* :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6433 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 11:42:06 »

Feel free to store some keyboard stuff at my place!  ;)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #6434 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 12:16:46 »
aahhhhh that waiting-time... hopefully he arrives soon

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6435 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 13:13:24 »
Still waiting on my clack from the raffle :'( :'(

If it doesn't show up this week I'm going to contact EK. I really wished they hadn't shipped first class, it's not that much more expensive to ship priority and I've never had a problem with a priority package.

Hopefully it shows up soon :)

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #6436 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 14:57:00 »
aahhhhh that waiting-time... hopefully he arrives soon

Seems to take longer to Germany than to Austria! Or our customs stuff already know now my address very well because of the high keyboard accessoiry volume i get...
... ...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6437 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 14:57:53 »
I think this sale had a lot of entries from people who aren't members or are lurkers only. There felt like there were a lot more entries, but we will never see most of what was sold.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #6438 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 15:18:20 »

Even if you don't know me on the forums that well, i'm constantly on irc. Do I count as one of the good eggs?

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6439 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 18:27:37 »
Saw photos of Mr Friday and OG Night Owl posted yesterday! Someone is selling their stuff?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6440 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 18:58:28 »
Saw photos of Mr Friday and OG Night Owl posted yesterday! Someone is selling their stuff?

Sometimes people see huge dollar signs and jump.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6441 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 19:09:54 »
Life is hard, yadda yadda but sigh Mr Friday is just so nice. The tri is almost unreachable these days. Double sigh.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6442 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 19:29:28 »

If it doesn't show up this week I'm going to contact EK. I really wished they hadn't shipped first class, it's not that much more expensive to ship priority and I've never had a problem with a priority package.

One day the east coast will have their clacks..........

Offline dante

« Reply #6443 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 19:35:44 »
Up until now I've remained in the shadows - I could have cared less about Clacks.  They really didn't do anything for me.

But then Bluetrabe came ... and I didn't win the lottery ...

So sad .. sniff sniff ...

Offline Murdari0

« Reply #6444 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 15:43:47 »

Same for me, getting really nervous.

Offline billnye

• ability man
Clack Therapy
« Reply #6445 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 17:43:35 »

Same for me, getting really nervous.

I hope we both get them!

Offline AlphaOne

• *CLICK*
« Reply #6446 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:10:58 »
Sadly, i'm fairly certain that the night owl clack I won in the halloween sale has been lost in the mail.

The tracking ID has listed the item as "delivered" for a week now, and in the past when I have received packages from the US the delivery men don't bother getting a signature...

I've been checking the mailbox like 3 times a day for the past week - nothing :(

I really hate Australia Post right now.
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS Mx BLUE | Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mx RED

Offline Murdari0

« Reply #6447 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:16:19 »
I really hope this isn't the case. TBH i wouldn't be surprised if a postie happened to be a kb geek and nicked them.

RIP ragerot MIA  :'(

Also considering the stuff I ordered from techkeys over a week ago has already arrived.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:19:53 by Murdari0 »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6448 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:19:23 »
Sadly, i'm fairly certain that the night owl clack I won in the halloween sale has been lost in the mail.

The tracking ID has listed the item as "delivered" for a week now, and in the past when I have received packages from the US the delivery men don't bother getting a signature...

I've been checking the mailbox like 3 times a day for the past week - nothing :(

I really hate Australia Post right now.
that really sucks
try pm'ing ek

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6449 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:24:38 »
You see many Night Owl announced here but whatever happens to the Drunken?