Author Topic: Ferrero Rocher Key Cap  (Read 6993 times)

Offline divito

Ferrero Rocher Key Cap
« on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 07:12:42 »
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Ferrero Rocher Key Cap
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 07:13:20 »
Haha that's cool, I tired doing this with a candy wrapper but it kept tearing up on me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 07:14:40 »
Now if only that was gold foil wrapped around it ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 09:28:14 »
Nice Das o_o why the top cover off

Fun key though
I love Elzy

Offline divito

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 09:50:29 »

Will be putting vinyl on cover, though it looks nice bare like this too. Also looking at having a clear acrylic top made for it as well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 22:28:01 »

Fun key though

No fingerprints?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 10:44:15 »
This Keycap is incredibly cool.

Maybe you could consider shipping it to me just so i can test it and review it and never give it back :p lol

No but really, ever considered making more if i ask properly? (And pay for both the cap and shipping no worriez)
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 10:45:37 »

Maybe you could consider shipping it to me just so i can test it and review it and never give it back :p lol

No but really, ever considered making more if i ask properly? (And pay for both the cap and shipping no worriez)

You do realize this is simply a keycap with a candy wrapper around it?

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 10:47:22 »

But if we put the apple logo on it, it will sell for $40 each.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 12:10:36 »

No No No No No & NO

I'm North American! The whole world works for me and i pay. That's how it works.

I will not wrap my keycap myself. NO NO NO NO NO.
I will not want a keycap with a Apple Logo on it. NO NO NO NO NO.

I'm offering him an opportunity to make money. It's his business if he wants to or not. I do not care about the process to create the item, all i want is the Output. You somewhat tought i would purchase both a keycap and a candy, and then wrap it myself? Jesus, No! First i don't have time for that, i have a job! Second, i'd rather leave that job to someone with more skills, and third, i would need to spend money on stuff and i don't even know if i can get a product this beautiful!

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 12:31:48 »

No No No No No & NO

I'm North American! The whole world works for me and i pay. That's how it works.

I'm offering him an opportunity to make money. It's his business if he wants to or not. I do not care about the process to create the item, all i want is the Output. You somewhat tought i would purchase both a keycap and a candy, and then wrap it myself? Jesus, No! First i don't have time for that, i have a job! Second, i'd rather leave that job to someone with more skills, and third, i would need to spend money on stuff and i don't even know if i can get a product this beautiful!

But those candies are so good!

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 13:20:10 »

No No No No No & NO

But those candies are so good!

Yes but it would be against the great american dream!

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 13:21:32 »
Yummy!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 01:00:12 »
Imagine you didnt clean the wrap properly
ants on keyboard :D
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 03:34:03 »
Add the Ferrero Rocher sticker on top! This will make it even more yummy! :)

Offline divito

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 18:59:06 »

That being said, it's an extremely delicate and fragile wrapper, and if I wanted to be really good about ensuring no wrinkles and good coverage, it'd take quite a bit of tedious effort to accomplish. I'd also cut each one to a certain size to not bunch it under the cap. When I did this one, I left it on and got a cushiony effect from the wrapper, silencing the cap a bit.

Add the Ferrero Rocher sticker on top! This will make it even more yummy! :)

The first one I did had it on there :P