Author Topic: Interested in a SA profile keyset  (Read 2393 times)

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
Interested in a SA profile keyset
« on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 07:30:59 »
I'm looking for a keyset with an SA profile, and I get that it's a little harder to find, but any ideas on where I can find one, without getting a custom order from Signature Plastics?

I'd like some colors and such, but without getting a custom set, I'll stick to a cheap standard set to see if I like the profile.
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
Re: Interested in a SA profile keyset
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 07:52:40 »
I think the best bet is going to be group buys. I would also dig a set of SA caps.

Perhaps someone should start an IC for Dolch-style SA sets? :D
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 07:54:27 »
Perhaps someone should start an IC for Dolch-style SA sets? :D
Dolch SA, yes please

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 07:56:39 »
Been loving the SA profile caps since I tried them at Keycon '13 and on Halverson's Race. Can you order caps from their inventory like people do when they order blank sets? Regardless, I'd love another SA buy. I missed R4 and I don't like the Commando colors.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 07:59:16 »
I know samwisekoi has been busy lately but didn't he want to do an SA buy at some point?

I'm looking for a keyset with an SA profile, and I get that it's a little harder to find, but any ideas on where I can find one, without getting a custom order from Signature Plastics?

I'd like some colors and such, but without getting a custom set, I'll stick to a cheap standard set to see if I like the profile.

Have you had a chance to try SA, I could send you some caps to try.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 08:30:32 »
I would like a SA set too, not too fond of the commando colors too.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:50:52 »
I'd never heard of dolch before, but after a quick google search, I can get behind that. Not my absolute favorite colors, but definitely something that can appeal to more people, so I'l get on the bandwagon.

And SpamRay, I haven't gotten a chance to try any yet, I just have a very strong suspicion that they'll be my favorite profile of what's available.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:54:28 »
I'd never heard of dolch before, but after a quick google search, I can get behind that. Not my absolute favorite colors, but definitely something that can appeal to more people, so I'l get on the bandwagon.

And SpamRay, I haven't gotten a chance to try any yet, I just have a very strong suspicion that they'll be my favorite profile of what's available.

well pm me your address and I'll send ya a few of them to play with.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 15:53:39 »
i love my R4 SA set. Space Cadet baby! i bought that set off of a memeber here but it took about 2 months of ground work to find someone willing to sell.  it was worth every dollar and every minute i spent begging.

if we have another SA groupbuy my vote is SOWARE.  We have DSA Dolch coming from team redline, but we havenet seen any SOWARE group buys like this. It would sell like hot cakes i tell you! hot cakes!

however as a daily SA user i am going to give an honest opinion. SA can be awkward to type on when you first try. in some ways the caps are awful, and in some ways they are amazing.  if you have a more lifted/angeled case that will help greatly. using my SA caps on a low profile vortex cased poker is not all that pleasurable. i game with them and they seem great. as long as they are on my QFR with the lifted supports raising the board a bit. that angle helps since the caps are so tall.

SA has other drawbacks as well. you cant have normal o-rings installed and expect them to do anything. you cant have EK dampening pads either since they do jack ****. this is because of how deep the cap is and because SP doesnt have crossbar things connected to the stem thingy on the caps (like my professional terminology?).

so SA looks amazing. we all agree, but cherry POM is a better typing plastic/profile.  granted i have only been using my r4 SA caps for ~2 months but i am not usually a slow adapter.

with all this said i would continue to buy SA sets and never regret them.  but they arent the holy grail of cap profiles. like everything else they have their pros and cons.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 August 2013, 16:09:52 by tricheboars »
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 03:09:21 »
I'd go with either soware or dolch.

If anyone wants to take this up, I would be more than happy to help them in anyway I can, handle the online logistics, they can handle the shipping and sorting.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 03:15:16 »
I decided to try and combine my two favorite things.
Check my new IC

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 03:20:21 »
I think an orange on grey would be cool.