Author Topic: ergodox: A few questions  (Read 1454 times)

Offline phatmanace

ergodox: A few questions
« on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 14:54:00 »
Folks,

My first post, so go easy on me!

I'm interested in an ergodox keyboard. I read a review which was pretty positive, but also mentioned that you could opt for a partially or fully assembled unit.

When I looked at the massdrop site, I couldn't find any trace of a mention of an option to buy an assembled unit. Does anyone know if this is possible.

I also noted that there seems to be no secondary market for these (amazon, ebay etc) - I guess as they are pretty new. Does anyone know if there anywhere else I can get hold of one?

Cheers,

-Ace

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Re: ergodox: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 21:48:09 »
The ergodox is not a commercial keyboard but a community  project.

Massdrop.com works as a medium to collect all the requirements and provide some more services so that individuals don't have to bother themselves.

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 22:28:11 »
First, welcome to Geekhack, hope you have a wonderful time going through the forums to try to understand what half the acronyms people use mean.

Second, you are truly unfortunate. The only source that "sells" the ergodox is massdrop. Massdrop has just finished a group buy yesterday, August 31st. There might be another sale or there might never be one again. Only popularity of the product can tell. If you are lucky, you might be able to find a kit off somebody in the classified forums. Good luck.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 01:33:10 »
welcome to geekhack  :D
massdrop have just finished the groupbuy.
But do be sad, mechanicalkeyboard.com is selling ergodox pcb  :D