Author Topic: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players  (Read 185213 times)

Offline Johan

Re: GH - StarCraft II: HotS players
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 15:13:07 »
What do you guys listen to when laddering/playing games? I found that I need to have something with a decently high tempo or it just makes me feel slow.
Uh, stuff.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #551 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 15:20:33 »
What do you guys listen to when laddering/playing games? I found that I need to have something with a decently high tempo or it just makes me feel slow.

taylor swift

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #552 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 15:28:44 »

Seapunk

I've actually been laddering alot now, kinda missed the mechanics... started playing unranked on NA and started beating dia's so figured I'd get back on ladder... currentally got 26 games played am in Plat with a 76% w/l :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #553 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 08:31:19 »
Maybe you guys are interested in this:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59001.new#new

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #554 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 08:45:51 »
Maybe you guys are interested in this:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59001.new#new

cheers for pointing those out, they are pretty cool!

Have you been back on ladder much recently? I've not seen you much online, though I've kinda moved to NA ladder by accident lol

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #555 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 09:01:06 »
I am abroad for ~5months so only crappy internet. Just browsing, no gaming :(

I hope to make a triumphant return to the ladder in october :p

5 new placement matches and then hardcore grinding back into masters!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #556 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 09:03:34 »
I am abroad for ~5months so only crappy internet. Just browsing, no gaming :(

I hope to make a triumphant return to the ladder in october :p

5 new placement matches and then hardcore grinding back into masters!

ahhh ok buddie, well try and have fun ;) !!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #557 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 09:10:34 »
I will suck so much after that long period of inactivity. It will be like re-learning the game ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #558 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 09:15:24 »
I will suck so much after that long period of inactivity. It will be like re-learning the game ;)

What do you mean? You play Protoss, all you have to learn is a-click hurp-a-durp

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #559 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 09:16:38 »
Ah right, I forgot.

Lucky me :p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #560 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 09:20:36 »
;)

Offline Johan

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 06:58:19 »
I played in a swedish community tournament last weekend, I got two rounds in, Winners got a set of siberias, second place got a signed mouse pad. I faced the winner in ro8 and got rekt the first game, so the second game I did this stupid 8 pool build. You go 8 pool, make one drone, extractor trick the third zergling out. You pull two drones to make evos in the opponents base and the zerglings pop out and surprise the guy. Well it didn't work that well(as expected.) He saw the drones with his overlord and then I forgot to mineral walk so one of the drones got surrounded before it became a evo. so I lost. but In this tournament you could send in the "fanciest " game you played and have a chance to win dark souls collectors edition. I sent in the replay and won.
TL;DR?I just won a copy of Darksouls 2 collectors edition by making a evo after a ****ed up 8 pool.
ALSO WHEN THE **** WILL PEOPLE STOP OPENING 15 HATCH AGAINST $o$, THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:29:17 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #562 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:56:09 »
Hi guys, been lurking around this forum for a little while. If you haven't seen it yet, I posted that thread that LechnerDE mentioned above. Ex high masters protoss here!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #563 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 09:14:39 »
I played in a swedish community tournament last weekend, I got two rounds in, Winners got a set of siberias, second place got a signed mouse pad. I faced the winner in ro8 and got rekt the first game, so the second game I did this stupid 8 pool build. You go 8 pool, make one drone, extractor trick the third zergling out. You pull two drones to make evos in the opponents base and the zerglings pop out and surprise the guy. Well it didn't work that well(as expected.) He saw the drones with his overlord and then I forgot to mineral walk so one of the drones got surrounded before it became a evo. so I lost. but In this tournament you could send in the "fanciest " game you played and have a chance to win dark souls collectors edition. I sent in the replay and won.
TL;DR?I just won a copy of Darksouls 2 collectors edition by making a evo after a ****ed up 8 pool.
ALSO WHEN THE **** WILL PEOPLE STOP OPENING 15 HATCH AGAINST $o$, THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

Congrats!

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #564 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 09:16:25 »
protoss............    ..............    .............
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Johan

« Reply #565 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 09:17:59 »

Congrats!

Thank you, I'm very surprised that they found it funny, Here it is cast in swedish; https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aMatEnQ9Y8k#t=143
They also show the first game where he massed banelings, the guy I'm playing was/is a gm level zerg player. I would have gone for infestor roach instead of roach hydra, but he was very good at denying scouting.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 June 2014, 10:07:38 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #566 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 10:06:26 »
protoss............    ..............    .............

Very good race :)

I just started getting back into ladder and holy **** Plat is easy... I can literally just out macro nearly everyone... Hell Diamond dsnt seem that much better...

My NA account is at 76% w/l and my eu one is on a 7 win streak out of like 9 games played or something...

One game I got 8pooled on the map with four spawns but forces x-spawns (if that makes sense) and the distance was huge that after a 13 forge (from scouting his pool) I was able to get a cannon in my wall and mineral lines before any lings got in lol

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #567 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 10:47:59 »
Yes but 8 pool is designed to kill a greedy protoss that goes nexus first (quite common on a 4 player map) and does not scout. If scouted 8 pool is an insta loss.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #568 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:24:46 »
Yes but 8 pool is designed to kill a greedy protoss that goes nexus first (quite common on a 4 player map) and does not scout. If scouted 8 pool is an insta loss.
I don't think it's really an insta loss. Definitely puts you behind though if you get no damage done.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #569 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:28:03 »
Yea I might have exaggerated a bit, but you play expecting for your opponent to make a huge mistake for you to come back otherwise its a loss. But the best  feeling for me is coming back from a nearly unwinable game so idk  :))

Offline ceflame

« Reply #570 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:35:32 »
I don't know man... any early pool is usually annoying for protoss to deal with  :mad:. Hate it when I get on a 5 win streak, and then an 8 pool just comes and breaks it so easily.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #571 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:36:39 »

I was going for nexus first, but I always scout B-)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #572 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:38:08 »
I don't know man... any early pool is usually annoying for protoss to deal with  :mad:. Hate it when I get on a 5 win streak, and then an 8 pool just comes and breaks it so easily.

Defend ur main with a cannon in your mineral line, then proxy a stargate and build a voidray... Kill his queen with it and most his drones while getting two gates and a nexus :D ezez

Offline ceflame

« Reply #573 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:41:12 »

Defend ur main with a cannon in your mineral line, then proxy a stargate and build a voidray... Kill his queen with it and most his drones while getting two gates and a nexus :D ezez

Usually do the cannon in mineral line thing, but transition into 4gate instead. There's just sometimes where you can't get the forge/cannon up in time, just rage inducing losses lol.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #574 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:51:26 »

Usually do the cannon in mineral line thing, but transition into 4gate instead. There's just sometimes where you can't get the forge/cannon up in time, just rage inducing losses lol.

Tbh I just pylon scout every game, might get you a little behind but unless your a pro it's not enough to make a difference and the knowledge you gain is so valuable

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #575 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:06:32 »
4 gate transition i quite bad if you ask me, especially against Z.. that proxy stargate is very scary though. I have troubles with rushing DTs lately and you can't scout proxies unless you get lucky. The standard 6  min 2 overlord scout does not seem to accomplish anything these days, toss learns how to hide properly and you can't be prepared for everything unless you cheese which already sets you quite behind if defended.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #576 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:20:47 »
4 gate transition i quite bad if you ask me, especially against Z.. that proxy stargate is very scary though. I have troubles with rushing DTs lately and you can't scout proxies unless you get lucky. The standard 6  min 2 overlord scout does not seem to accomplish anything these days, toss learns how to hide properly and you can't be prepared for everything unless you cheese which already sets you quite behind if defended.

Yeah I do not like 4 gates against zerg at all but the proxy stargate counter to a ling rush (6-10pool) is very strong becasue they will have two follow ups, either to expand in which case they have no money for spores and queens or they roach rush in which case they still have no economy due to the early pool and you'll still be able to get the queen.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #577 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:25:30 »
Hmm I guess I'll try that next time. 4gate has worked consistently well as a followup for me in the past, so I just stuck with it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #578 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:28:59 »
Hmm I guess I'll try that next time. 4gate has worked consistently well as a followup for me in the past, so I just stuck with it.

I don't mean to sound rude, but what league are you in? :P

Offline ceflame

« Reply #579 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:31:28 »

Was around top 700 NA in Hots when i stopped playing seriously. Had most of my passion during the WoL era, never got GM, but consistently top 400 of ladder.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #580 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:33:28 »

Was around top 700 NA in Hots when i stopped playing seriously. Had most of my passion during the WoL era, never got GM, but consistently top 400 of ladder.

So masters?

Offline ceflame

« Reply #581 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:34:57 »

So masters?
Nah mang, silver league with GM game knowledge and mechanics. Just can't get into masters because of all them cheesers!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #582 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 12:41:24 »

So masters?
Nah mang, silver league with GM game knowledge and mechanics. Just can't get into masters because of all them cheesers!

ahhh ;)

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #583 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 13:19:22 »
Yea 4gate was powerful in wol when pylons powered on high ground you could even cannon rush him easier, now zerg needs 5 roaches and couple of lings to stop it. Early 3rd from toss is what scares me. You can't punish that without big committing and if it goes up unpunished then you better gg out :D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #584 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 13:32:40 »
Yea 4gate was powerful in wol when pylons powered on high ground you could even cannon rush him easier, now zerg needs 5 roaches and couple of lings to stop it. Early 3rd from toss is what scares me. You can't punish that without big committing and if it goes up unpunished then you better gg out :D

Yeah that's what I've been doing. 7min 3rds... COME AT ME SON

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #585 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 18:37:35 »
Did anyone catch this during pro league ?

Apparently the booth fell.  :-X
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #586 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 18:41:35 »
Did anyone catch this during pro league ?
Show Image

Apparently the booth fell.  :-X

VOD for those who care
feature=youtu.be&t=6m2s

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #587 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 19:21:14 »
I caught that, it looked scarier live  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #588 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 03:29:01 »
Looks crazy full speed

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #589 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 11:52:48 »

slowly slowly catchy monkey

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #590 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 13:51:45 »

finally!!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #591 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 14:00:02 »
Gratz!

Is this on NA or a real server?

Just kidding ;)

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #592 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 14:08:39 »
why do people play on NA from EU, if I recall they are fewer and obviously worse  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #593 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 14:25:35 »
Gratz!

Just kidding ;)

EU :P I got the same w/l on na just no promotion yet... my mmr is much much higher on eu so I went back to that :P

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #594 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 14:30:55 »
Gratz!

Just kidding ;)

EU :P I got the same w/l on na just no promotion yet... my mmr is much much higher on eu so I went back to that :P

Nice  :thumb:

I hope you can keep playing regularly now and don't get ****ed by MMR decay again...

Now go for Masters!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #595 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 14:33:34 »
Gratz!

Just kidding ;)

Nice  :thumb:

I hope you can keep playing regularly now and don't get ****ed by MMR decay again...

Now go for Masters!

Yeah I think my w/l is gona take a bit of a hit and now they have removed mmr decay (hence why my eu mmr is so much better  than my na's)... so yeah... maybe masters is possible

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #596 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 14:49:43 »
What?!

Are you sure they removed MMR decay? I just read the softened the effect a couple of weeks ago. But it is not gone as far as I know.

Can anybody confirm this with a source?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #597 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 14:52:40 »
What?!

Are you sure they removed MMR decay? I just read the softened the effect a couple of weeks ago. But it is not gone as far as I know.

Can anybody confirm this with a source?

I aint got no sauce but it's what I've heard and it seems to be working for me... (IE I've played like 21 games this season, non the season before that and now im dia again)

Offline Johan

« Reply #598 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 16:09:12 »
They may have changed it so that if you haven't played your placement match it wont lower the mmr.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #599 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:03:52 »
Taeja, #1 Terran #1 player.