Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2726224 times)

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #12100 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 17:35:51 »

if the topper version (assuming there is one) matched the oem height profile, that would be superb. the face looks fairly flat/level as it stands (v1 is downward-sloped, v2 is concave), so it'd maintain traditional keycap functionality while offering a nice style alternative to similar caps that typically only add a small amount of detail to the face.

bro pls

Yeah, this Classic is superb!! And if it is of the same profile, it will be more practical and functional as well. Can't wait to see more of this!!!

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #12101 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:53:49 »
Imma need some major therapy if I miss out on that reaper. Accepting rain checkz for free hugs
I got you if you got me duder.

Sounds good! I'll look for you when the time comes! :D
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12102 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:57:54 »
funny thing is, I can't view the poll result because I am not VOTING!!! Ha ha ha ..

Absence of vote confirmed.  :thumb:

Offline Sissy

« Reply #12103 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 06:10:27 »
This has been such a great year for me was able to pick up a few bros this year and loved all of them, remember missing out on getting them and how happy I was to get my first one

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12104 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 21:56:06 »
Might as well share here of all places, I lost my Steel Brobot v2 in my move to my new house, i tore my **** apart trying to find it, sad stuff, im not really a novelty cap guy but that thing was my favorite, it was super heavy.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #12105 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 21:57:54 »
Might as well share here of all places, I lost my Steel Brobot v2 in my move to my new house, i tore my **** apart trying to find it, sad stuff, im not really a novelty cap guy but that thing was my favorite, it was super heavy.

damn dude that is heartbreaking

you need to go over everything with large magnet or something

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12106 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 22:12:25 »

the heartbreaking thing is that it was likely accidentally thrown away, i forgot that i set it on my desk when i was changing out caps on a keyboard, when i was packing, i threw a whole bunch of junk on my desk away by sweeping it into a trashcan and the steel cap most likely went with the trash. I'm sure the thing is worth a lot, so yeah, heartbreaking. Maybe by some miracle it will pop up and I am wrong.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #12107 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 22:17:40 »

the heartbreaking thing is that it was likely accidentally thrown away, i forgot that i set it on my desk when i was changing out caps on a keyboard, when i was packing, i threw a whole bunch of junk on my desk away by sweeping it into a trashcan and the steel cap most likely went with the trash. I'm sure the thing is worth a lot, so yeah, heartbreaking. Maybe by some miracle it will pop up and I am wrong.

condolences  :'(

this guy needs the real therapy. everyone misses out on sales and yearns for caps they'll never have, but not everyone is unfortunate enough to lose a Bro

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #12108 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 22:21:59 »

condolences  :'(

this guy needs the real therapy. everyone misses out on sales and yearns for caps they'll never have, but not everyone is unfortunate enough to lose a Bro

RIP, my condolences.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12109 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 06:24:24 »

:(  I've never thrown away an artisan (that I know if), but I have thrown away an alpha cap from one of my favorite keysets, essentially rendering it useless.  So I can relate.  :|  Sorry to hear this Glod; hopefully it shows up at some point...

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #12110 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:13:08 »

:(  I've never thrown away an artisan (that I know if), but I have thrown away an alpha cap from one of my favorite keysets, essentially rendering it useless.  So I can relate.  :|  Sorry to hear this Glod; hopefully it shows up at some point...

brb going dumpster diving

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12111 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:18:29 »

You'll want to check wherever the trash from Como neighborhood near the UofM campus in Minneapolis is dumped.  Would have been winter 2013-2014 I suspect.  If you find the cap I am missing I'll pay you $100.

Thank you.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #12112 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:20:20 »

You'll want to check wherever the trash from Como neighborhood near the UofM campus in Minneapolis is dumped.  Would have been winter 2013-2014 I suspect.  If you find the cap I am missing I'll pay you $100.

Thank you.

I was so confused.

Como is also used for Columbia MO, where the university of Missouri is located.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12113 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:39:52 »

Thank you.

I was so confused.

Como is also used for Columbia MO, where the university of Missouri is located.

Haha, that's why I clarified.  :P  People use local terms for locations way too often online and it's super confusing.  For example, I live in the bay area...

...The bay area of WI, meaning within 30 minutes or so of Green Bay.  :P

But I digress.  I'm getting off topic.  :-[

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12114 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:49:15 »
Haha, that's why I clarified.  :P  People use local terms for locations way too often online and it's super confusing.  For example, I live in the bay area...

...The bay area of WI, meaning within 30 minutes or so of Green Bay.  :P

But I digress.  I'm getting off topic.  :-[

Joke aside, I find it useful when I read such things, as an European it is always hard to understand what the US users are saying  :)) slang+insider jokes+places names makes it very complicated. That's why I love when I learn new things  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #12115 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:57:38 »
Edit:  sorry, wrong thread.  Didn't mean to disrupt the therapy!  Thanks DanielT!
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2015, 09:06:51 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12116 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 09:00:24 »
x-posted
Show Image

This is like bringing beer and wine at an AA meeting  :))
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #12117 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 09:08:15 »

That really sucks.. Rip in rip.
| ISO |

Offline sitch

« Reply #12118 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 10:48:33 »
Hey, are there anyone with experience keycaps being sent wrongly by brocaps? I have received a mx freshly ded zombro instead of a topre frozen waste.. not sure what should I do  :confused:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12119 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 10:49:40 »
Hey, are there anyone with experience keycaps being sent wrongly by brocaps? I have received a mx freshly ded zombro instead of a topre frozen waste.. not sure what should I do  :confused:

Rejoice and be glad.  ^-^

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #12120 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 10:50:09 »

PM him

Offline sitch

« Reply #12121 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 10:57:41 »

I actually had another topre freshly ded, making it 2

PM him

who? I tried messaging bunnylake but he didnt reply... not sure if I should bother brocaps..

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #12122 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:01:03 »

I actually had another topre freshly ded, making it 2

PM him

who? I tried messaging bunnylake but he didnt reply... not sure if I should bother brocaps..

PM Bro. He is the one who sent the caps and can either sort it out or explain the situation. You can also try to PM Bunny again too.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #12123 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:01:35 »
Of course the two days I take a break from the internet this happens

RIP my hopes and dreams
Feb 1999- Dec 2015

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #12124 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:02:56 »

RIP my hopes and dreams
Feb 1999- Dec 2015

It sucks missing sales but it's not like Bro is done making caps. On to the next one!

Offline sitch

« Reply #12125 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:03:13 »

PM Bro. He is the one who sent the caps and can either sort it out or explain the situation. You can also try to PM Bunny again too.

Ok.. I'll try  ;)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #12126 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:04:07 »

Ok.. I'll try  ;)

Yeah. Bro shipped it. He can fix it. I'm sure he'll have no problem taking care of you.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #12127 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:04:21 »

RIP my hopes and dreams
Feb 1999- Dec 2015

It sucks missing sales but it's not like Bro is done making caps. On to the next one!
That's what I keep telling myself. At least I didn't miss anything with the Reaper Classic. I would really kick myself for that  :))

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #12128 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:05:12 »

RIP my hopes and dreams
Feb 1999- Dec 2015

That's what I keep telling myself. At least I didn't miss anything with the Reaper Classic. I would really kick myself for that  :))

Christmas is right around the corner. Do you believe in miracles?  :D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12129 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:09:48 »
Wh-What's going on? Did I miss something today?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #12130 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:12:27 »

You didn't miss anything. Deep breaths, please.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12131 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:19:52 »

You didn't miss anything. Deep breaths, please.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #12132 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:29:35 »
your sanity

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12133 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 14:04:07 »
Merry Christmas bros!

(I'm tired of spamming both threads with pics)
I'm back.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12134 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 15:31:46 »
Merry Christmas bros!

RIP my therapy

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12135 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 15:39:33 »

Merry Christmas bros!

RIP my therapy

There's no therapy on Christmas
I'm back.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12136 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 03:10:25 »
USPS are great, package lable created 10days ago. No further updates.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12137 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 05:53:55 »
Yay me too 12 days without update

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12138 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 02:06:37 »

If it's any consolation, my Cosmos Bros are still at the "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" stage.  Since July.

Already discussed with Bro, btw ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12139 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 07:39:17 »

If it's any consolation, my Cosmos Bros are still at the "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" stage.  Since July.

Already discussed with Bro, btw ;D

Yeah that sucks

Offline raymogi

« Reply #12140 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 08:28:46 »
My Monster Mash sale finally arrived after about a month. Not home to collect it but at least I know it's there and not lost with my other packages.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #12141 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 15:36:53 »
hey: just thought of this.
any update on the cherokeys?
gonna probably sell mine

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #12142 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 15:38:57 »
gonna probably sell mine
AFAIK, this is the latest update https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59295.msg1960321#msg1960321

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12143 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 15:47:46 »
gonna probably sell mine

What did you get? I didn't participate in that sale and I'm still trying to figure out if I regret it or not.

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #12144 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:27:16 »
gonna probably sell mine

What did you get? I didn't participate in that sale and I'm still trying to figure out if I regret it or not.

I think I've gotten it taken care of, I got a traditional topre and a gold topre though.

I'll let you know.

Offline sitch

« Reply #12145 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 08:09:19 »
I would like the traditional ones  :p

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #12146 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 08:55:14 »
Can some in here confirm me that selling Brocaps at retail is allowed?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #12147 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 08:56:11 »

Absolutely allowed.

Edit: no one has a problem with you recouping cap cost + cost of shipping and such, it's the 300%+ markups that will set some folks against you.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #12148 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 08:57:23 »

Absolutely allowed.

Excellent thanks.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #12149 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 08:58:31 »

Absolutely allowed.

Excellent thanks.

I call dibs!