Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 377187 times)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #2100 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 11:36:25 »
you always just seem to babble about a load of crap

:triangle:

I'm more of a Circle man my self Hoff :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2101 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 11:42:00 »

I'm more of a Circle man my self Hoff :p

Circle is love
Circle is life

<3

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2102 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 11:59:30 »
Also I assume that's what you were referring to as well Ray, I am also confused O.o

:thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2103 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 16:45:23 »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2104 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 05:32:41 »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2105 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 05:40:47 »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2106 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 05:43:53 »

:trangle:

:squre:

:crcle:

I don't understand anything O.o

GET OUT OF THE ROMBUS
The evil spawn of the rectangle and triangle :I

But seriously I never understand what most of you all are talking about O.o
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #2107 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:31:22 »
Uh oh

not exactly clacks but...

http://www.k3kc.com/shop/

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2108 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:42:38 »
Reddit be like:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2109 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:44:47 »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2110 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:46:02 »
Reddit be like:

Show Image

Yep.

**** I hope K3KC gets cancer.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #2111 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:49:06 »
He certainly has raised his prices.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2112 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:55:19 »
Ok that green one is crazy dirty, I guess that shows how little K3KC actually cares. Also its eyes look like ****.  :blank:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2113 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:56:39 »
Ok that green one is crazy dirty, I guess that shows how little K3KC actually cares. Also its eyes look like ****.  :blank:

It's all about the cash to these pricks.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2114 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 23:58:29 »

What's funny is I made that comment and got downvoted on reddit.  It looks so bad.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2115 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:00:49 »

What's funny is I made that comment and got downvoted on reddit.  It looks so bad.

And people wonder why I hate that subreddit.

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #2116 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:01:41 »

It looks like he colored in the eyes with #2 pencil

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2117 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:08:19 »

Actually total ****, these past few weeks it's been really hard for me to not abandon r/mk.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2118 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:08:57 »

It looks like he colored in the eyes with #2 pencil

Show Image

Not a silver sharpie?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2119 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:09:51 »

Actually total ****, these past few weeks it's been really hard for me to not abandon r/mk.

It's the biggest ****ing circlejerk. Doesn't matter if what you've said is wrong or not - all it takes is a couple of early downvoters and then the hate train jumps on the bandwagon.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2120 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:12:45 »

It's the biggest ****ing circlejerk. Doesn't matter if what you've said is wrong or not - all it takes is a couple of early downvoters and then the hate train jumps on the bandwagon.

The only reason I still visit/ post there is I started on r/mk and the occasional GH poster is what got me interested in joining. Also nothing happens there and when you know you won't be held accountable for what you say everything becomes fair game.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2121 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:14:19 »

The only reason I still visit/ post there is I started on r/mk and the occasional GH poster is what got me interested in joining. Also nothing happens there and when you know you won't be held accountable for what you say everything becomes fair game.

Yeah honestly I started out on r/mk but I had to unsub about a year ago because the anti-geekhack campaign was starting to get really tiresome.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2122 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:15:00 »
K3KC: or how I came to love the counterfeit

At first I spoke out against K3KC.  I mean, as an artisan myself, how could I not defend the work of others.  Over time, I have slowly become more and more enamored with his work.

Just look at this craftsmanship:

From the impurities in the resin to the slick shininess of the cap to uneven and distorted eyes to the pitting all over the cap, how could you not come to love that clearly handmade artisinal product.  Who cares about the fact that it's a counterfeit, he obviously inserts a homeyness and clearly handmade element that is so lacking from Bro's products.  You look at that and you know some poor Vietnamese child is slaving away to make these, doing his best to create that artisan feel that is only created by introducing imperfections.

Just look at this:

How can you not love those wavy lines, that pitting and imperfections in the headphones?  It lets you know it's made by a man, not a machine, and that man is more concerned about getting them to everyone at prices nearly the same as the creator's instead of painstaking and meticulous perfection.  He wants everyone to have his clearly artisinal product.

I take back every bad thing about K3KC.  Now I'm off to reddit where I'll let Ripster fill me, and I mean fill all of me any way he wants, while I sing his praise, show off my Poker and K70, and buy all the K3KCs I can afford.  See you Geekwhack, I'm now worshiping new gods and forsaking Clack and Bro.

My enlightened face now gazes upon K3KC's glory and I lust after the deliciousness he places before me.

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:17:29 by nubbinator »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2123 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:16:15 »
[size=18]K3KC: or how I came to love the counterfeit[/size]

Show Image

At first I spoke out against K3KC.  I mean, as an artisan myself, how could I not defend the work of others.  Over time, I have slowly become more and more enamored with his work.

Show Image

From the impurities in the resin to the slick shininess of the cap to uneven and distorted eyes to the pitting all over the cap, how could you not come to love that clearly handmade artisinal product.  Who cares about the fact that it's a counterfeit, he obviously inserts a homeyness and clearly handmade element that is so lacking from Bro's products.  You look at that and you know some poor Vietnamese child is slaving away to make these, doing his best to create that artisan feel that is only created by introducing imperfections.

Just look at this:

Show Image

How can you not love those wavy lines, that pitting and imperfections in the headphones?  It lets you know it's made by a man, not a machine, and that man is more concerned about getting them to everyone at prices nearly the same as the creator's instead of painstaking and meticulous perfection.  He wants everyone to have his clearly artisinal product.

I take back every bad thing about K3KC.  Now I'm off to reddit where I'll let Ripster fill me, and I mean fill all of me any way he wants, while I sing his praise, show off my Poker and K70, and buy all the K3KCs I can afford.  See you Geekwhack, I'm now worshiping new gods and forsaking Clack and Bro.

My enlightened face now gazes upon K3KC's glory and I lust after the deliciousness he places before me.

Show Image

Bravo sir. That was entertaining as ****.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2124 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:21:17 »
K3KC: or how I came to love the counterfeit

Show Image

Show Image

Just look at this:

Show Image

Show Image

You win. GG no re.

Yeah honestly I started out on r/mk but I had to unsub about a year ago because the anti-geekhack campaign was starting to get really tiresome.

I can confirm it is still tiresome, ripster appears to be running out of ideas though. He seems to be repeating himself quite a bit now.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2125 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:22:42 »

I can confirm it is still tiresome, ripster appears to be running out of ideas though. He seems to be repeating himself quite a bit now.

It was bound to happen eventually, not like any of his "keyboard science" is ground breaking stuff.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2126 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:26:21 »

It was bound to happen eventually, not like any of his "keyboard science" is ground breaking stuff.
A lot of his keyboard science isn't even accurate imo  :eek:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2127 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:27:44 »

You mean the actuation point of a Cherry brown isn't 8 nickels? lol

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2128 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:31:27 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:34:07 by Synjin »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2129 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:32:34 »

You mean the actuation point of a Cherry brown isn't 8 nickels? lol

Also unless men started wearing high heels (no judgement if you do, you do you I guess), I don't think thats the shoe that MX Blue users wear.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2130 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 01:14:31 »
where is demik?! I thought he's going Viet Nam to kick K3KC's ass?!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2131 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 01:26:51 »
He's already in Vietnam, he's Vietnamese how dare you could forget that
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2132 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 01:29:49 »
So HHKB rubber domes can fight?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2133 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 02:58:09 »
The ****head's even copied the square MX stems.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2134 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 03:03:55 »
The only benefit is that his post didn't hit the front page. The problem is when Ripster posts a link, it will..

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #2135 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 04:09:24 »

The only benefit is that his post didn't hit the front page. The problem is when Ripster posts a link, it will..

Knowing him he'll probably sticky the damn thing.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #2136 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 04:33:49 »
Disgusting.

I'm sitting here, eagerly awaiting my invoice for the latest Bro sale, super-excited to see which cap I got, because Bro makes awesome-as-hell caps that look sweet as hell.

Meanwhile this guy churns out copies that look janky as hell and I wouldn't take one if you gave it to me. Like, taking it could be a condition of you giving me a GON NerD108 with ergoclears and blue side/switch LEDs and a skyblue case and I'd still refuse the thing.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2137 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 05:24:31 »
D: I feel for bro now hopefully he got his case together to stop them, but that green one looks super dirty as thought the mild had bits in it I can even see orange there :x

Edit: Just read the reds it posts and comments everyone is being supportive and saying not to buy from k3 good work reddit I actually respect you for that
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 05:39:44 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2138 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 08:21:58 »
I mean, at least he stopped photoshopping his pictures so much...?  So he's got that going for him.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2139 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:07:20 »

Reporting live from vietnam.

Too hot to fight. Slowly dying.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2140 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:13:16 »

Reporting live from vietnam.

Too hot to fight. Slowly dying.

Adrian Cronauer: "Hey, uh, hi. Can you help me? What's your name?"
Roosevelt E. Roosevelt: "My name's Roosevelt E. Roosevelt."
AC: "Roosevelt, what town are you stationed in?"
RER: "I'm stationed in Poontang."
AC: "Well, thank you, Roosevelt. What's the weather like out there?"
RER: "It's hot. Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking."
AC: "Well, can you tell me what it feels like."
RER: "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw - It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about."
AC: "What do you think it's going to be like tonight?"
RER: "It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle."
AC: "Thank you, Roosevelt."
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #2141 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:13:19 »
LOL k3 painted the headphones on... jesus hes not even trying anymore, did someone say cash grab?
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2142 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:16:54 »
At least the dumb **** had the sense to fill in the BRO on the back before he made his mold.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2143 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:24:16 »
LOL k3 painted the headphones on...

Is that why the lines looks real janky?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2144 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:28:36 »
More like HermanoBots

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2145 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:52:25 »
I like how he went from saying he was going to flood the market with higher quality, 10 dollar brobots to doing this. Anyone who thinks he is trying to help them out by providing these pieces of garbage is delusional.

Offline welsinki

« Reply #2146 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:09:45 »
What I don't understand is why someone with that amount of drive and dedication doesn't produce his own designs. If I was in his position, and unable to come up with original designs, I would have gone the pimpmykeyboard.com route and asked people to submit their own designs for mass production.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2147 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:01:58 »
What I don't understand is why someone with that amount of drive and dedication doesn't produce his own designs. If I was in his position, and unable to come up with original designs, I would have gone the pimpmykeyboard.com route and asked people to submit their own designs for mass production.

laziness

Offline tbc

« Reply #2148 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:17:57 »

laziness

i honestly rather buy from paci.

this guy is getting 'outqualitied' by a teenager
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2149 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 19:46:27 »
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2x8gli/ibots_now_in_multiple_colors_at_k3kccom/

At least it looks like there is less support for fake Bros, I guess reddit may be moving in the right direction. Maybe...

Probably not.