Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 377124 times)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 16:41:29 »
Found all the fake Clacks guys, it's okay, brb, off to kmiller them

Show Image

Its kmiller time?

Show Image

You shoulda spent more time to make the K look better.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 16:42:40 »
Found all the fake Clacks guys, it's okay, brb, off to kmiller them

Show Image

I heard those were all the rage in china.

Wow... SpAmRaYcIsT.

No seriously a user who lives there chatted with me about those skulls on skype...:thumb:

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 16:43:06 »
Bottom of one of these could easily be compared to the bottom of other manufactured/sold keys. I have a strong suspicion who made them just from recognizing the work. I'm going to wait and allow innocence until proven guilty though, even though that is not a worldwide standard.

I'm also hoping everything works out and everyone gets back their goods/money.
You're probably right  ;)
Is it the guy who makes the robot faces or the guy who makes the translucent blue gas masks?

Wow.

Also, I'm way stronger than demik.

But I have charisma!

Do you though?  I walk around with a pipe and people are like "look at that guy with a pipe, we gotta talk to him"

You walk around with a pipe and you get arrested for paraphernalia

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 16:55:25 »
Me wants buy to Jack O' Fake ClackClick. How much money Jack Clack is? Wants me buy now. PM me if have Fake O' Jack you.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 16:56:06 »
wtb 10 fake julysicles 4 $1 each pm me

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:05:42 »
Me wants buy to Jack O' Fake ClackClick. How much money Jack Clack is? Wants me buy now. PM me if have Fake O' Jack you.

Such racist.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #356 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:10:55 »

Such racist.

psssst, I'm undercover. I try to attract fake clack dealers.

:))

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #357 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:13:17 »

Such racist.

So far you're only attracting Koreans with easy translations.

Oh wait... ;)
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:16:22 »

Such racist.

I'm working overcover at the moment.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:21:31 »

Such racist.

****. Ignore my PM then.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #360 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:26:56 »
I'm glad people are making great contributions to the topic.  :rolleyes:

I've been watching, reading, and analyzing the whole ordeal with CCs in the community.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is a revolution."

It's hilarious that there are privileged users here for whom rules don't apply like they do to everyone else, but that's another story. My thoughts and ideas on major issues may not be popular here because they do not coincide with the status quo, but since I am not looking to "fit in" for the sake of fitting in, I'm going to be honest about what is going on. I don't particularly care for CCs unlike many of you, but I would still like to acquire one at a reasonable/retail price because they look cool. What I do care about is this community as a whole and what it can be, not what it currently is.

The CC bubble will burst if the creator of the fake CCs decides to mass produce them. Like many of you, I am under the suspicion that the counterfeiter is located somewhere in Asia. Why? Because I don't think there are many capable and/or interested enough individuals within the scene in the West. With a few exceptions such as CC, Brobot, and Binge, most of the exceptional creativity and innovation seems to come from Korea and other Asian countries (LZ, GirlDC, users on OTD/KBDmania). It's for these reasons I believe the counterfeiter is from an Asian country -- not because of an ill-advised stereotype that China is land of the ripoffs.

Obviously, many of you here under the watchful eyes of moderators and the community would declare you would never want to purchase a fake CC. Let's be real here. Most of you, including myself, would not hesitate for an moment if no one was watching and/or judging you. Sure, buying these fake CCs would be a slap in the face to the creator himself, but is it really so bad if the abundance of fake CCs allows for most people to acquire one for cheap at a moment's notice? Think of the overall good for the community. Drama in regards to CCs will mostly disappear since most of the butthurt comes from the overpricing and limited quantities. Elitism surrounding CCs would instantly disappear since the "exclusivity" of the item would be non-existent.

Perhaps what I'm suggesting will go over the heads of many short-sighted users. Perhaps my views on the idea of a copyright are too radical. At the end of the day, folks, from the outside of the scene looking in, all the counterfeiter is doing is copying a piece of ****ing plastic. Sure, it's art to myself and many of you, but it's a form of art that can be easily replicated. Remind yourselves that a few of the people on this forum got their start in selling keycaps by copying copyrighted images and/or molds. Frankly, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. To me, it seems like many of you are upset, not with the fact that a copyright is being broken (has not direct on anyone but CC himself), but the fact that many of you have thrown hundreds of dollars down the sink because cheap replicas might soon be available. For all the drama the lack of CCs and the inflated resale prices have caused, I am glad that the idea of copyrights are not the same or even exist in most of the world.

Lastly, before a tirade of angry posts in regards to my views on copyright: how many of you pirate music, TV shows, and movies? How does this scenario differ? Because we "know" the guy behind the CC? The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:29:20 »
I'm glad people are making great contributions to the topic.  :rolleyes:

I've been watching, reading, and analyzing the whole ordeal with CCs in the community.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is a revolution."

It's hilarious that there are privileged users here for whom rules don't apply like they do to everyone else, but that's another story. My thoughts and ideas on major issues may not be popular here because they do not coincide with the status quo, but since I am not looking to "fit in" for the sake of fitting in, I'm going to be honest about what is going on. I don't particularly care for CCs unlike many of you, but I would still like to acquire one at a reasonable/retail price because they look cool. What I do care about is this community as a whole and what it can be, not what it currently is.

The CC bubble will burst if the creator of the fake CCs decides to mass produce them. Like many of you, I am under the suspicion that the counterfeiter is located somewhere in Asia. Why? Because I don't think there are many capable and/or interested enough individuals within the scene in the West. With a few exceptions such as CC, Brobot, and Binge, most of the exceptional creativity and innovation seems to come from Korea and other Asian countries (LZ, GirlDC, users on OTD/KBDmania). It's for these reasons I believe the counterfeiter is from an Asian country -- not because of an ill-advised stereotype that China is land of the ripoffs.

Obviously, many of you here under the watchful eyes of moderators and the community would declare you would never want to purchase a fake CC. Let's be real here. Most of you, including myself, would not hesitate for an moment if no one was watching and/or judging you. Sure, buying these fake CCs would be a slap in the face to the creator himself, but is it really so bad if the abundance of fake CCs allows for most people to acquire one for cheap at a moment's notice? Think of the overall good for the community. Drama in regards to CCs will mostly disappear since most of the butthurt comes from the overpricing and limited quantities. Elitism surrounding CCs would instantly disappear since the "exclusivity" of the item would be non-existent.

Perhaps what I'm suggesting will go over the heads of many short-sighted users. Perhaps my views on the idea of a copyright are too radical. At the end of the day, folks, from the outside of the scene looking in, all the counterfeiter is doing is copying a piece of ****ing plastic. Sure, it's art to myself and many of you, but it's a form of art that can be easily replicated. Remind yourselves that a few of the people on this forum got their start in selling keycaps by copying copyrighted images and/or molds. Frankly, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. To me, it seems like many of you are upset, not with the fact that a copyright is being broken (has not direct on anyone but CC himself), but the fact that many of you have thrown hundreds of dollars down the sink because cheap replicas might soon be available. For all the drama the lack of CCs and the inflated resale prices have caused, I am glad that the idea of copyrights are not the same or even exist in most of the world.

Lastly, before a tirade of angry posts in regards to my views on copyright: how many of you pirate music, TV shows, and movies? How does this scenario differ? Because we "know" the guy behind the CC? The hypocrisy is overwhelming.
*Insert relevant jimmies rustled image*

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #362 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:37:41 »
Drama in regards to CCs will mostly disappear since most of the butthurt comes from the overpricing and limited quantities. Elitism surrounding CCs would instantly disappear since the "exclusivity" of the item would be non-existent.

Not really interested in a discussion with you, cause most of your stuff is bs. But only one thing: the appearance of fake clacks will push the price of originals even more up. Cause people will feel proud to have an original and they get even more sought after. But I know, you're the kind of guy with fake adidas shoes and a Guzzi watch.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #363 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:38:24 »
I think CC should even the score and clone himself some gas mask and we all move on

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:41:41 »
I think CC should even the score and clone himself some gas mask and we all move on

fired shots

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:45:03 »
Man, Clacks bring nothing but butthurt to this forum these days... I mean I love them, but still...

Anyone here remember back when this forum was about keyboards? Anyone?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #366 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:46:10 »
when are we going to ban all keycaps?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:46:15 »
Man, Clacks bring nothing but butthurt to this forum these days... I mean I love them, but still...

Still is, you're looking in the wrong places.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:46:30 »
When are we gonna ban you?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:46:53 »

Offline keymaster

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:49:51 »
Not really interested in a discussion with you, cause most of your stuff is bs. But only one thing: the appearance of fake clacks will push the price of originals even more up. Cause people will feel proud to have an original and they get even more sought after. But I know, you're the kind of guy with fake adidas shoes and a Guzzi watch.

For someone dismissing my post as "bull****", you should be able to comprehend that a piece of plastic in the form of a keycap is much, much, much easier to replicate and perfect than a sneaker, car, [insert any other ****ty example]. Also, you sure are assuming a lot about me.  :rolleyes: With views like yourself, it's no wonder the forum has turned into what it is currently.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:49:57 »

I am with you.  Reading through GH today has left a sour taste for me.  It seems like most ongoing threads are referencing this one.  The main reason for me though is the lack of honesty within a very tight nit community.  If these were just being sold for cheap (still don't agree with this), it would be one thing, but to knowingly (possibly) trade them for things of significant value from community members that have done nothing but give back to GH, just pisses me off. 

Been trying not to get into this thread, but I just can't help it anymore. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:51:40 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:52:20 »

I am with you.  Reading through GH today has left a sour taste for me.  It seems like most ongoing threads are referencing this one.  The main reason for me though is the lack of honesty within a very tight nit community.  If these were just being sold for cheap (still don't agree with this), it would be one thing, but to knowingly (possibly) trade them for things of significant value from community members that have done nothing but give back to GH, just pisses me off. 

DrugER said he didn't know they were fake.  Take it as you will.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #373 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:52:58 »
But then what will you NOT buy?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 17:53:21 »

For someone dismissing my post as "bull****", you should be able to comprehend that a piece of plastic in the form of a keycap is much, much, much easier to replicate and perfect than a sneaker, car, [insert any other ****ty example]. Also, you sure are assuming a lot about me.  :rolleyes: With views like yourself, it's no wonder the forum has turned into what it is currently.

yes, I'm so sorry what I did to that forum. I will leave immediately.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #375 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:00:36 »

Either way, if he truly couldn't deduce that all the Clacks he was getting were fake then it's still his fault. Anyone with a bit of sense would have questioned the origin of a large quantity of rare Clacks instead of shrugging it off as coincidence and trading them to forum members.

He could have simply done this before he bought them: "Hey CC, someone just offered me a large number of translucent blue Clacks, can you verify that they're real?"

Could have saved all of this debate and anger...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:01:51 »
DrugER isn't guilty, but he's also not innocent.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:02:05 »
When are we gonna ban you?

But then what will you NOT buy?

Both too fast for me and better than my response would have been.  :p
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:03:15 »

He's guilty of ignorance. The fake maker is the one guilty of fraud...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:07:07 »

Either way, if he truly couldn't deduce that all the Clacks he was getting were fake then it's still his fault. Anyone with a bit of sense would have questioned the origin of a large quantity of rare Clacks instead of shrugging it off as coincidence and trading them to forum members.

He could have simply done this before he bought them: "Hey CC, someone just offered me a large number of translucent blue Clacks, can you verify that they're real?"

Could have saved all of this debate and anger...

I am not putting all blame on DrugER, but to just put a picture of one of each color seems shady.  Had he posted a picture with several of the same cap, people would have called him out instantly. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:07:10 »
Elitism surrounding CCs would instantly disappear since the "exclusivity" of the item would be non-existent.

This will never ever happen because owning an original will immediately make you "elite" with an exclusive original. I wouldn't really call any CC owner elite any more, just lucky or hard working. They got their CCs by being in the right place at the right time either with money, communication, or luck in sales.

Also one of the worst things people think they see (elitism and "inner circle") comes from one of the nicest intentions. CC himself does something extremely nice and sends keys to people unannounced as a gift. He is trying to do something nice for someone that is a friend or acquaintance. You have no idea what conversation took place maybe in passing "Hey how have you been long time no talk via the interwebs" "kind of meh, personal problems, work sucks, blah blah blah, but I did some really fun stuff too, chit chat stuff", and then some keys get sent out. You as someone not privy to the conversation/situation see some clacks show up in the post your clacks thread with no sales recently and think the person is an "elite" in some cool club. All someone did was maybe have one or two conversations with CC ever and CC decides to do something nice. I used to think there was an elite group until I thought it out. Sure you see cool new stuff like glow in the dark skulls, or oktoberfest themed 420 caps, but someone needs to give them a test before a sale. That person is a guinea pig to make sure the keys came out alright to go on sale.

If you talk and communicate with people on a forum and put out a positive vibe and do nice things for people, others hear about it and reciprocate. Sometimes if you don't do anything nice at all like me someone still does something nice like eyesmiles sending me a toxic gift. He sure got me trying to do nice things to be worthy his gift though.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:08:28 »
that's just a conclusion that you've come to after seeing the small amounts of information that have been presented in this thread. it is absolutely meaningless.

keymaster, you don't know where this will lead. just let it play out instead of making assumptions and stating them as fact.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:28:11 »
That guy suddenly comes across a pile (~10 or more) of rare CC's for cheap, then starts trading them for less than market value.  My ASS he didn't know.  "My friend..." HA!  He knew what he was doing all the way.  Even if he didn't create them or commission them, he's 100% responsible in my book.

* metalliqaz out

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:28:17 »
Pacifist shut the hell up

Offline keymaster

« Reply #384 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:28:21 »
Elitism surrounding CCs would instantly disappear since the "exclusivity" of the item would be non-existent.

This will never ever happen because owning an original will immediately make you "elite" with an exclusive original. I wouldn't really call any CC owner elite any more, just lucky or hard working. They got their CCs by being in the right place at the right time either with money, communication, or luck in sales.

Also one of the worst things people think they see (elitism and "inner circle") comes from one of the nicest intentions. CC himself does something extremely nice and sends keys to people unannounced as a gift. He is trying to do something nice for someone that is a friend or acquaintance. You have no idea what conversation took place maybe in passing "Hey how have you been long time no talk via the interwebs" "kind of meh, personal problems, work sucks, blah blah blah, but I did some really fun stuff too, chit chat stuff", and then some keys get sent out. You as someone not privy to the conversation/situation see some clacks show up in the post your clacks thread with no sales recently and think the person is an "elite" in some cool club. All someone did was maybe have one or two conversations with CC ever and CC decides to do something nice. I used to think there was an elite group until I thought it out. Sure you see cool new stuff like glow in the dark skulls, or oktoberfest themed 420 caps, but someone needs to give them a test before a sale. That person is a guinea pig to make sure the keys came out alright to go on sale.

If you talk and communicate with people on a forum and put out a positive vibe and do nice things for people, others hear about it and reciprocate. Sometimes if you don't do anything nice at all like me someone still does something nice like eyesmiles sending me a toxic gift. He sure got me trying to do nice things to be worthy his gift though.

I've taken everything you've said into consideration long before I made my post. The entire "elitism" around CCs isn't really a big deal, but it's there simply due to the selfish, greedy nature of humans. For the record, I was offered a CC at retail price by an active member of GH but I politely refused for a couple reasons. First, it wasn't a CC I wanted. Second, I wasn't looking for someone to gift me a pity CC because I was vocal about the overpriced resale of CCs. My issue has always been with the allowing of such obnoxious resales to take place -- not because I don't have a CC. Also, I disagree with the notion that original CCs would be very expensive and/or exclusive. Perhaps initially, but when the fakes are massproduced, who will even know the difference?

Everything currently seems to be playing out within the predictable nature of human beings (greed, overzealous consumerism). Just because this is a web forum doesn't mean people, in the end, behave or think any differently than "irl". The capabilities of the administrators can override this obstacle by implementing rules and guidelines for proper behavior. This is what people have to understand: it doesn't have to be how it is currently. There is a hierarchy here that can, if they wanted to, instigate massive change.

keymaster, you don't know where this will lead. just let it play out instead of making assumptions and stating them as fact.

My assumptions have been made with careful analysis of the community and the behavior of many prominent members. It seems I've done more thinking about this than some of the individuals here behaving like parrots, implicating people on the most unclear evidence.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:32:27 by keymaster »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #385 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:30:34 »

Guess I should just close up shop :|
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:30:52 »

#1 street credit

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:32:12 »
I'm with you - I've actually long advocated that all keyboards just be exposed switches with a piece of cheesecloth draped over the top, for safety reasons.
That's right! He's guiltocent

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:34:25 »

My assumptions have been made with careful analysis of the community and the behavior of many prominent members. It seems I've done more thinking about this than some of the individuals here behaving like parrots, implicating people on the most unclear evidence.
there is no way of knowing if you're right, so stop acting as if what you think will happen WILL happen. no matter how much 'careful analysis' you've done there is no way of knowing where this will go, and how it will affect the community and clack market.
github

Offline keymaster

« Reply #389 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:37:36 »

there is no way of knowing if you're right, so stop acting as if what you think will happen WILL happen. no matter how much 'careful analysis' you've done there is no way of knowing where this will go, and how it will affect the community and clack market.

So, because apparently no one here (myself included) can possibly know where this community is heading towards, no one should speak on the matter? Since you obviously disagree with my views and predictions, just say so -- but don't tell me to stop 'acting' like I know what will happen.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:37:52 »
Photekq is just sad that they were fake.  He was so excited that there were more translucent's on the market.   :(

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:40:19 »
Has DrugER ever posted CCs before? Has he chimed up in CC topic centered threads? It is possible he had no idea how rare the keys were, or didn't care how rare they were not seeing a reason for insane inflated prices. Also often times in Redline threads it is hard to get suitable pictures from these guys, they can be one and done on the picture front so I can totally see why he might only take one picture of each key assuming others might know what they look like. It is also completely possible he knew exactly what he was doing, and who he was working with but we will never know for sure. He has admitted some fault, and said he is going to make it better and send the fake CCs to ClickClack himself as evidence while returning the traded items.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #392 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:50:52 »
The clackvolution will not be clickevised

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:51:00 »
Photekq is just sad that they were fake.  He was so excited that there were more translucent's on the market.   :(
i am sad :'( not because of the fact there aren't more real translucents on the market, but because good people like you, bunny and others got screwed over.
So, because apparently no one here (myself included) can possibly know where this community is heading towards, no one should speak on the matter? Since you obviously disagree with my views and predictions, just say so -- but don't tell me to stop 'acting' like I know what will happen.
is that what you deduced from more 'careful analysis'? that i disagree with you? clearly your 'analysis' skills are lacking, because i don't disagree with you. in fact i don't agree or disagree with anyone at this point. i would rather wait and see where this leads than attempt to guess what will happen. i'm not saying don't discuss this, i'm just saying you DON'T know what will happen, and you should stop acting as if you do. it makes you seem like a pretentious ass. of course, if you want to appear like a pretentious ass, then by all means continue :thumb:
github

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:00:38 »
My assumptions have been made with careful analysis of the community

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:08:50 »

surprised none of the detectives here have posted about the history between these guys...would recommend it
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:15:04 »
surprised none of the detectives here have posted about the history between these guys...would recommend it

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS FLYNN

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #397 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:16:33 »

Is this the one where CC has a gas mask design of his own, which predates the GasMask Keycaps one?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline keymaster

« Reply #398 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:18:29 »
is that what you deduced from more 'careful analysis'? that i disagree with you? clearly your 'analysis' skills are lacking, because i don't disagree with you. in fact i don't agree or disagree with anyone at this point. i would rather wait and see where this leads than attempt to guess what will happen. i'm not saying don't discuss this, i'm just saying you DON'T know what will happen, and you should stop acting as if you do. it makes you seem like a pretentious ass. of course, if you want to appear like a pretentious ass, then by all means continue :thumb:

Haha, I'm sorry if my wall of text brought out some sort of insecurity that makes me seem like a 'pretentious ass' for giving reasons why the forum is falling apart and how it can be fixed. You don't agree or disagree with anyone at this point? Now THAT'S pretentious. You are everyone's best friend, am I right? (lol) Make up your mind and stop getting butthurt when someone with an intellectual response attempts to diagnose the issue.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:18:56 »
I'll save u all the trouble of looking up the main summary posts. consider how long ago this was...

What an awkward two weeks this has turned into.

I don't even know how to go about this, this time.

One of the first commissioned keycaps I made was for one of my gasmask designs. I loved making it and the
client enjoyed it as well (sometime in early '10). But it was a closed/private sale, however, after a  conversation with that client around December '11,  I asked if I could redo the masks as a series (some fun new ideas) if they were different than the one he had. He was fine with it and was interested in getting some of the new ones as well. I sent out some prototypes earlier this year for review, some found new homes but most came back. interestingly one of the last to go out a few months back in the series looks a bit similar to the one you have here. it's clearly not mine but It makes my mind wander... (never a good thing, lol).

Now I don't doubt that it's possible you could have made this key without seeing my key(s) but it's a bit weird. The transformer keycap posted earlier was not similar to my Mechkeys and no where near the time it came out so, again, I can see the possibility (plus it was much different) and the same goes for the Legends (comic characters). The real issue might come up when my Toxic keys are finally out of the preproduction run. I can understand that these ideas and icons are popular which is why they are made to begin with. But, I just received three different emails of people saying WTF and directing me to this thread that I cannot ignore. I am busy and bothered already this week so I'm posting this here as opposed to sending multiple private responses now and in hopes of stopping a healthy portion of responses later. I also get a lot of emails asking and/or criticizing why don’t I speak up. The answer by the way is- it's often too time consuming, upsetting/stressful, or makes more problems. And many times unfortunately it's easier to suck up the financial hit and loss of time so as to not rock the boat.

If you independently came up with this key, congrats, but regardless of how it came about please do note that I'm still coming out with mine. Unless I just want to eat it on my time, money, and promises made (I'm tired of doing this). BTW, for those who don't know or who have not seen me write something like this before, let me just say it's very tiring and I have to do it more than you probably will ever know. It's also discouraging and many works have died by it's hand. It's a byproduct of having countless prototypes and designs backed up now and a varied group of people (some new) who get to check em out early. I brought this on myself, but, I get to spew forth my thoughts every once in a while.

If you feel like I have in some small way stolen your thunder, I'm sorry, I truly am, but rest assured the feeling is mutual and excruciatingly, infuriatingly, and depressingly common. Welcome to the club.

... of course if you did this to torment me (lol) or because you lifted my work, then I hope a large elephant trunk #!@%$ you up a tree.
(that was from an email, I thought it too funny not to use here)

Otherwise good luck.  =)

/wallet

p.s. I have some upset customers right now. Hoping this is just an impressive and unfortunate coincidence.
p.p.s ... and if you were in my shoes?

For the TL;DR crowd-
Take a guess and move along.
thank you for your experience sharing. I will need to clarify that the current design of the keycap is not copied from anyone and not from you.  I believe both you and me are not the 1st one who used gasmask as a concept in the products.  Being a product designer, I am not worried being challenged on what is 'ORIGINAL'. As I believe the real meaning of original is having the ability to applying an idea into a real product.

hope to see your product soon.

'遇强越强' is my attitude.
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^