Author Topic: leeku 1800 building  (Read 16652 times)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Re: leeku 1800 building
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 05:28:39 »
So I have the keyboard running and the LEDs working as well, however I can't find a way to remap keys, not sure if the KBDMania page has info on this, not from what google translate shows.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline ruckyzomg

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 07:20:08 »
So i've finally found some time to get down to assembling this thing but i don't exactly know which part to solder the diodes onto. This is my first DIY keyboard  :-[.

I purchased a bunch of 100v/200ma 1N4148 diodes. Are the diodes supposed to go on A or C?
LEDs are supposed to go on B i'm guessing. If so, do i need resistors on C?

Thanks in advance.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 07:29:02 »
A is resistors, no polarity so you can connect it in any direction
B is LEDs, with polarity mentioned, hole with bar gets "-" terminal, cathode, or shorter leg of the LED
C is diodes, with bar on the next to the cathode pad, so bar on the diode goes on that end

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 17:29:35 »
Could somebody walk me through the firmware installation for use through PS2? I can't seem to get it working from the guides on kbdmania/otd.

I have it working fine through USB, just not PS2
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 June 2014, 17:43:08 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 17:45:47 »
Could somebody walk me through the firmware installation for use through PS2? I can't seem to get it working from the guides on kbdmania/otd.

I have it working fine through USB, just not PS2
Nevermind, got it sorted. The way I did it was :

Hold down P, then plug it in via the USA port. Then let go of P and unplug it. Hold down P again and plug it in via the PS2 port. It should work through PS2 with full NKRO.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 23:31:32 »
Was there a sale of plates that went along with the Leeku PCBs?  I know if you're using MX switches, you can go board-mount, but ALPS seems to require something to attach the switches to... and since the cutouts are different, it's not like you can just buy a standard plate.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 10:55:13 »
I don't remember if there was separate plate available, but I am sure they had those options with the case that was offered for it.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 11:18:00 »
The cases that went with the group buy had integral plates. To my knowledge, there were no separate plates. I think if you are going to go with alps, you will need something custom.

For MX, I have a plate from inlikeflynn's 1800 plate group buy to go with mine. I have installed my plate and switches, but embarrassingly have not done any more to get this keyboard built and working. It's on my short list though. Thanks to all of you who have posted solutions to the problems you have encountered while building this thing.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 13:46:59 »
Sorry to revive this thread, but I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the latest firmware for the board?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 13:49:54 »
Last time I asked, this was the answer I got. Not sure if there is one or not tbh.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:08:43 »
Last time I asked, this was the answer I got. Not sure if there is one or not tbh.

So with an update file, what do I actually type to flash the firmware? I have the command prompt open and when I run bootloadhid.exe by itself I only get "usage: bootloadhid.exe [-r] [<intel-hexfile>]" so I imagine I need to tell it the hex file, but I'm unsure how exactly to do that. Also going to ask in the simple questions simple answers thread.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 23:02:05 »
To get the Leeku into bootloader mode I held escape and then plugged the USB in. The capslock LED kept flashing and this was to notify that it was actually ready to be flashed. I had a second keyboard plugged in and that is how I was able to type "bootloadhid.exe main_140611.hex enterprise" and hit enter. The program executed and updated the keyboard and I'm typing on it now. Hopefully this information is helpful to someone in the future.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 06:04:24 »
Glad you figured it out daniel :)