Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1426813 times)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #1300 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 20:57:31 »
peripherals:

cm storm quickfire red (will be replaced with tkl g2pro browns)
razer death adder 2013 with white led mod
razer destructor 2 mousepad
razer mousebungee
samsung sa350d 27"
edifier s550d v2 5.1
superlux 681

I really wanna do the LED mod to my Razer mice. Which LED did you end up using?

Offline Spartacus1923

« Reply #1301 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 05:39:02 »
why 900d ? imo the 350D or each other case would be suitable for your hardware.. the 900d is made for people using self built water cooling systems. it looks to heavy..nonetheless great build !  :thumb:

heres mine..waiting for my g2pro tkl with browns which probably will arrive on tuesday..also my H100i goes to RMA..look at its pink LED..the white one seems to be broken! fail  :-[

Show Image

That is a really nice setup

Here's my current set up, which will very likely be changing in the coming months (lots planned!)

Show Image

My case is so big, I can't really fit it in that first shot, so here's another just to show off the case

Show Image

will be upgrading monitors and desk soon! and of course, waiting for my HHKB to arrive and replace the SS 7G

Can you post a picture of you using the monitor and mouse that are on the floor?  I'm quite intrigued as to how you use that setup.  :D

razer uses bmd-leds for the scroll-light. and 5mm LEDs for the razer logo.but this applies only to the 2013 edition. the standard editions scroll is light up by 3mm standard leds!
i watched how people did the mod on theirs on youtube.

good luck ;)

Offline uzoc

« Reply #1302 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 11:30:03 »
(Attachment Link)

What you see is a:
- HAF XB case sideways (top side is facing forward), with an AMD 8 processor CPU, 16GB RAM (play BF3 almost every weekend).
- 14" HP DM4T laptop (with IPearl case), 2.7GHz upgraded to 8GB and 500MB SSD drive.
- Microsoft Arc keyboard with large yellow keyboard stickers
- Arvo gaming keyboard (usually on the side, used for gaming only)
- Cheap chinese copy of the Logitech ... mouse.
- Logitech G5 (used for gaming only).
- And other crap...

if your AMD is an 8 processor CPU, my Intel is a 12 processor CPU!

Sorry! Jealous?
AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8150 (FD8150FRGUBOX) ~ US$170

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1303 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 11:37:15 »
(Attachment Link)

What you see is a:
- HAF XB case sideways (top side is facing forward), with an AMD 8 processor CPU, 16GB RAM (play BF3 almost every weekend).
- 14" HP DM4T laptop (with IPearl case), 2.7GHz upgraded to 8GB and 500MB SSD drive.
- And other crap...

Sorry! Jealous?

nope! what I meant is that AMD do not make 8 core CPUs, they make 4 core CPUs with multithreading, much the same way my Intel is a 6 core CPU with multithreading.
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline gnubag

« Reply #1304 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 11:51:49 »
(Attachment Link)

What you see is a:
- And other crap...

Sorry! Jealous?

nope! what I meant is that AMD do not make 8 core CPUs, they make 4 core CPUs with multithreading, much the same way my Intel is a 6 core CPU with multithreading.

you know that the Fx-8150 has actually 8 physical cores, right? no multithreading.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #1306 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 11:59:26 »
i just moved some stuff around in my case this morning so i decided to take some pictures

and

| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #1307 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 12:05:43 »
i just moved some stuff around in my case this morning so i decided to take some pictures

Show Image

and

Show Image

Got some nice stuff there
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1308 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 16:30:13 »
(Attachment Link)

What you see is a:
- And other crap...

Sorry! Jealous?

you know that the Fx-8150 has actually 8 physical cores, right? no multithreading.

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-FX-8350-Vishera-8Core-CPU-Review/?page=2

Show Image

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1285/pg2/amd-fx-8150-black-edition-8-core-processor-vs-core-i7-2600k-review-the-fx-8150.html

Show Image

"the FX-8150, a true 8-core processor which is fully unlocked"

I wasn't aware that AMD made true 8 core CPUs now. I have been schooled!
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline AndyCapets

• I have a French ANSI keyboard, kiss me now.
    • YouTube!
« Reply #1309 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 17:20:50 »
Mine ATM + my QFTK with Blues and French layout, love it.
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1310 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 18:33:01 »
Your keyboard is more expensive than your monitor? 
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline AndyCapets

• YouTube!
« Reply #1311 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 18:39:03 »
Nope, my monitor is a Sony SDM-HX73 from 2003, paid 799€ for it at the time.
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #1312 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 19:13:51 »

That's very common around here.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1313 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 19:31:48 »

Mine does,
My kmac is....
Using a Korean monitor 1440p around 300$
 :-\
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline AndyCapets

• YouTube!
« Reply #1314 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 19:57:34 »

It's quite normal actually.
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #1315 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 20:03:44 »

my keyboard is worth more than both my monitors combined lol

Show Image

and

Show Image

Got some nice stuff there

thank you sir  ;D
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline chill1217

« Reply #1316 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 22:58:23 »
Show Image

what did you use to mount the speakers?  looks great!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1318 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 06:06:54 »
Just picked up an Ikea Galant desk off of Kijiji. Temporary set up so I can use my computer while I plan out the layout. Excuse the mess haha. Will post updated pics when it's all cleaned up!

Show Image

Show Image

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MESS. COMPUTERS ATTRACT MESS NO MATTER WHERE THEY GO. I JUST STOPPED CARING ABOUT MESS IN MY COMPUTER LAB A COUPLE YEARS AGO AND I NEVER NOTICED IT AGAIN!

I WORRY ABOUT THE MESS  :p All the cables are touching my feet as we speak. Going to pick up one of these for cable management. Anyone using this?

IKEA SIGNUM - http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30200253/
Show Image

I have one of these - they are great for holding cables up out of the way.

But I moved house recently, and they are an absolute pain to try to untangle cables from.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1319 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 10:37:31 »
Just picked up an Ikea Galant desk off of Kijiji. Temporary set up so I can use my computer while I plan out the layout. Excuse the mess haha. Will post updated pics when it's all cleaned up!

Show Image

Show Image

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MESS. COMPUTERS ATTRACT MESS NO MATTER WHERE THEY GO. I JUST STOPPED CARING ABOUT MESS IN MY COMPUTER LAB A COUPLE YEARS AGO AND I NEVER NOTICED IT AGAIN!

I WORRY ABOUT THE MESS  :p All the cables are touching my feet as we speak. Going to pick up one of these for cable management. Anyone using this?

Show Image

But I moved house recently, and they are an absolute pain to try to untangle cables from.

I have an old desk with a metal shield across the back.  As it's against the wall, I use stick-on cable tie anchors to organize cables on   the hidden side.  (Yes, I'll post pics once I get around to cleaning off the desk...  :p )

These, zip ties, and velcro strips to bundle all the cables together. 

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #1320 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 11:42:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I have an old desk with a metal shield across the back.  As it's against the wall, I use stick-on cable tie anchors to organize cables on   the hidden side.  (Yes, I'll post pics once I get around to cleaning off the desk...  :p )

(Attachment Link)

MY COMPUTER CABLES JUST BUNDLE THEMSELVES TOGETHER AFTER A FEW YEARS OF GETTING MESSED WITH AND JUMBLED AROUND. ESPECIALLY NETWORK CABLES. I DON'T EVEN DARE REMOVE A CABLE FROM THAT RAT'S NEST ANYMORE.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1321 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 18:01:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

MY COMPUTER CABLES JUST BUNDLE THEMSELVES TOGETHER AFTER A FEW YEARS OF GETTING MESSED WITH AND JUMBLED AROUND. ESPECIALLY NETWORK CABLES. I DON'T EVEN DARE REMOVE A CABLE FROM THAT RAT'S NEST ANYMORE.

Mine bundle themselves together after a few minutes.

Just having moved house, the new house already has a rat's nest of cables behind three of the desks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1322 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 12:16:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Mine bundle themselves together after a few minutes.

Just having moved house, the new house already has a rat's nest of cables behind three of the desks.

MY RAT'S NEST OF CABLES HAS GOTTEN SO BIG THAT I'VE GIVEN UP ON UNTANGLING IT NOWADAYS. I JUST THROW ON A NEW CABLE WHENEVER I NEED TO PLUG SOMETHING BACK IN. SAVES LOTS OF TIME AND ENERGY!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Parak

« Reply #1323 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 18:36:33 »
Is humble desk where I often have to sit, stand, and work from home on occasion :p

And since I don't yet have room for a proper workbench, I had to incorporate a humble setup where I can pretend to know EE stuff.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #1324 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 18:40:33 »
Is humble desk where I often have to sit, stand, and work from home on occasion :p

Show Image

And since I don't yet have room for a proper workbench, I had to incorporate a humble setup where I can pretend to know EE stuff.

Show Image

Wow, that's pretty awesome Parak. Is that your computer setup and workshop? Or do you have a separate workshop too? Anyways, I like it!
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline Parak

« Reply #1325 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 19:22:20 »
Wow, that's pretty awesome Parak. Is that your computer setup and workshop? Or do you have a separate workshop too? Anyways, I like it!

It has to suffice as both currently, which is not that convenient. I might get enough room for a second table in the room to do all my tinkering on, but I wish I had a proper workshop :(

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #1326 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 19:37:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

Dammmmn nice oscope and okint iron!

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #1327 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 19:51:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, no case for the F 122? Nice Parak!

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #1328 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:37:45 »

Show Image

Show Image

All that awesome stuff, and you game on a X-box controller?  For reals?

C'mon dude, ur gonna get fragged like a nub.  Get a TKL with some WASD modifiers at least.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline stancato9

« Reply #1329 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 22:26:00 »
Current..

Show Image

Older desk

Show Image

Can barley fit all three monitors on that desk..haha

So nice and simple. Looks amazing.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1330 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 22:30:27 »
Filco is now (temporarily) a G80-1501 and the Qpad 5k is now (temporarily) a deathadder.

« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2013, 22:33:22 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1331 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 22:46:48 »
Filco is now (temporarily) a G80-1501 and the Qpad 5k is now (temporarily) a deathadder.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice.  I like the cup heat pad.  Nice and thick with heatpipes. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1332 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 23:03:16 »
Ah the 480.. Got rid of that a while ago. That, the keyboard and the mouse are the three things different now. Old photos :p
github

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #1333 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 23:04:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's like the best part about his desk.  ;D

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #1334 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:01:44 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thumbs up for green wallpaper and NAD3130!

Offline SeriouSSpotS

« Reply #1335 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:35:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

That is a cool setup

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #1336 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:14:04 »
A classic NAD amp, nicely done.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

« Reply #1337 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:26:47 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow that is a nice setup

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1338 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:32:14 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

+600 upboats for you sir (le)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #1339 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:47:07 »
We should have another thread about cable-management...

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1340 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:59:45 »
#reddit #swag

A classic NAD amp, nicely done.
I love my NAD amp to bits. Great price, great styling and great sound.
github

Offline Parak

« Reply #1341 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 14:28:33 »
Wow, no case for the F 122? Nice Parak!

The case was met with a very unfortunate dremel accident that will not be spoken about further :(

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1342 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:38:03 »
THAT
        IS
            NOT
                   GOOD!
                              I
                                WONDER
                                               IF
                                                   IT
I                                                      WOULD
 BET                                                             BE
       IF                                                              WORTH
          YOU                                                                    IT
                 LOOK                                                              TO
                          HARD                                                          TRY
                                   ENOUGH                                                  A
                                                 YOU                                              CASE
                                                        COULD                                           FROM
                                                                   FIND                                             A
                                                                           ONE                                         122-KEY
                                                                                  FROM                                             MODEL
                                                                                           UNICOMP.                                         M?

Offline Parak

« Reply #1343 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 19:22:48 »
I have plenty of spare cases in various states of disrepair from 122s of both F and M kinds.. but I'm too lazy to fix em up. Only certain M cases will fit, and need modifications..

Offline frogamic

« Reply #1344 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 22:29:09 »
Getting my desk to a clean state is such an achievement, I always feel the need to photograph it. Here's the last shot:
34520-0
Bonus pic of how I got my monitor home:
34522-1
Filco TKL | Filco ISO105 | Acer 6311-K71

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1345 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 23:54:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

no.

please keep that circlejerk lame **** out of gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1346 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 23:57:36 »
no.

I jokingly posted it on r/battlestations after a friend told me to and got like 600 upvotes. I think r/battlestations is a piece of ****e though.
github

Offline frogamic

« Reply #1347 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:11:24 »
no.

I jokingly posted it on r/battlestations after a friend told me to and got like 600 upvotes. I think r/battlestations is a piece of ****e though.

600 upswags with 1 monitor? they must've been having a slow day.
Filco TKL | Filco ISO105 | Acer 6311-K71

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1348 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 11:40:44 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

no.

le sarcasm

Offline SeriouSSpotS

« Reply #1349 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 11:46:26 »
Getting my desk to a clean state is such an achievement, I always feel the need to photograph it. Here's the last shot:
(Attachment Link)
Bonus pic of how I got my monitor home:
(Attachment Link)

Nice setup