Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2122347 times)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Re: GMK DOLCH [taking orders]
« Reply #600 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:44:26 »
I ordered some more keys about a week or two ago although I haven't been invoiced for it yet. I know that editing your current order replaces the old one, but I already paid for a color pack so that doesn't need to be invoiced again.
You did? Was that a personal thing between you and Ivan because invoices have not went out yet.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #601 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:46:14 »
I ordered some more keys about a week or two ago although I haven't been invoiced for it yet. I know that editing your current order replaces the old one, but I already paid for a color pack so that doesn't need to be invoiced again.
You did? Was that a personal thing between you and Ivan because invoices have not went out yet.

Maybe I paid for something else? XD hard to know let me check again

Edit: looks like I paid for something else that I thought was this buy (2many GBs..) I think I paid for his novelty keys thinking it was this or something
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 June 2014, 11:06:11 by GSimon »

Offline Chemisery

« Reply #602 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 11:42:35 »
Can't wait!!  :D
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TK + Iron Mask II + GMK Dolch
WTB:
Riptide MX
Cosmic Dusk V2 MX
Nebulus V2 MX
Interstellar Blue V2 MX

Offline geniekid

« Reply #603 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 12:06:53 »
Looks like ODD will not make it.  Part of me is sad, but part of me is glad I won't be paying $55 for an R3 Control key :-\

I really wanted that R3 Control key though :(
And maybe even those extra shift-size keys in case I wanted to build a double space layout or something weird like that.

Without any data to back this up, I would guess the number of people who use R3 Control is about the same as the number of people who use shortened R-Shift + Fn, the latter of which made it into the base set.  What I've learned from this is that I should participate in future interest checks to push for having R3 Controls in the base set.  Next time!

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #604 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 12:12:39 »
But I need that ODD KIT!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Motan22

« Reply #605 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 14:07:41 »
If you were to include the delete key from the color pack, is the R3 control the only additional key that is needed for a full 'HHKB' layout set?

Offline geniekid

« Reply #606 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 14:22:28 »
If you were to include the delete key from the color pack, is the R3 control the only additional key that is needed for a full 'HHKB' layout set?

I believe you would still need a R1 Backslash/Pipe.  The best you could do with the offering here is a R1 blank from the ODD pack. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 June 2014, 14:24:24 by geniekid »

Offline Leska

« Reply #607 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 15:08:55 »
Yea, that reminds me. I havent gotten anything in my mailbox either. Didnt get any, when i updatet my order, to include another spacebar either

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #608 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 15:50:05 »
Yea, that reminds me. I havent gotten anything in my mailbox either. Didnt get any, when i updatet my order, to include another spacebar either

You are not supossed to. OP says invoicing starts July 1.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #609 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 15:56:35 »
I never start invoicing until deadline and I know MOQ is reached. No sense to have to refund if things didn't work out you know. It only make more work for me, and besides paypal usually ends up nibbling the transaction 2x.

Offline Leska

« Reply #610 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 16:43:21 »
Ok. First groupbuy for me. So not 100% sure how things go :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #611 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 16:56:07 »

You have chosen an excellent GB to start with - Ivan's GBs always run very smoothly :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #612 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 18:19:13 »

It's yours for $10,120!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 20:24:08 »

You have chosen an excellent GB to start with - Ivan's GBs always run very smoothly :)

Normally I never agree with Rowdy but in this case he's absolutely RIGHT  :thumb: .  With every Group Buy Ivan has run and made MOQ, got made and shipped to my place here, so I trust him entirely to pull this one off successfully.

He's always done it before hence he shall do it again with ease, I expect the full on GMK goodness to fill my keyboards soon  8) .

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #614 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 20:30:55 »

It's yours for $10,120!
I guess I should take one for the team  :rolleyes:
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 20:33:30 »

It's yours for $10,120!
I guess I should take one for the team  :rolleyes:

I never said it was a cheap investment...   :rolleyes:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #616 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 21:06:21 »

Normally I never agree with Rowdy but in this case he's absolutely RIGHT  :thumb: .  With every Group Buy Ivan has run and made MOQ, got made and shipped to my place here, so I trust him entirely to pull this one off successfully.

He's always done it before hence he shall do it again with ease, I expect the full on GMK goodness to fill my keyboards soon  8) .

Never?

:(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:20:51 »

Never?

:( Hearts are broken.  :'(
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #618 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:28:21 »

Never?

Yeah, I'm sure it will  ;) .

Besides it's normal here to disagree about anything because life gets boring if everyone starts agreeing with anyone else in the room.  That's why in pubs you can disagree easily and enjoy the results of that disagreement  :p .

Men should never get along with one another unless their inclined towards not having any real life partners  :thumb: .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:32:11 »

Never?

Besides it's normal here to disagree about anything because life gets boring if everyone starts agreeing with anyone else in the room.  That's why in pubs you can disagree easily and enjoy the results of that disagreement  :p .

Men should never get along with one another unless their inclined towards not having any real life partners  :thumb: .

I disagree!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #620 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:34:39 »

Never?

I disagree!

huehue, learning quick.  :))

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #621 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:41:35 »

Never?

I disagree!

huehue, learning quick.  :))

I hear a ton of people say that Google ruined arguing in pubs.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #622 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 04:26:59 »
Base, Color and Spacebars have reached MOQ!! Oh yeah!

I'm gonna get Dolch, I'm gonna get Dolch!  :D :D :D :D :D
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #623 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 10:42:54 »
After two weeks of consideration, i decided to order this set!
How much time will we have to pay the invoice? I'm going to the seaside until the 7th of July, will I have enough time left to pay it?
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline avtar

« Reply #624 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 10:49:44 »
As for the deadline, I am hoping that 1 July we have reached the MOQ on the base set as well... hopefully more of other kit options too. Assuming that is the case I will start invoice on 2 July and have payment deadline of 15 July.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #625 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 11:52:52 »
Critical mass has been reached~ sweetness =D
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #626 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 12:35:03 »
too soon, F&A :'(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #627 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 13:16:59 »
As for the deadline, I am hoping that 1 July we have reached the MOQ on the base set as well... hopefully more of other kit options too. Assuming that is the case I will start invoice on 2 July and have payment deadline of 15 July.

Thanks a lot, didn't read that part!
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline awn

« Reply #628 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 13:57:45 »
I'm in for base set, color pack, and ODD. I'd like to have a R3 control key :(.

First group buy for me (and first post)!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #629 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:37:34 »
Welcome to the madhouse awn.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #630 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:10:57 »

And it begins...
68995-0

Or the simplified version...

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #631 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:22:42 »
... at least batteries are for free :)
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #632 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 19:14:35 »

And it begins...
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

favorite post of the day, love it!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #633 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 19:44:57 »

And it begins...
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

haha, too true! :p

Offline J0hn

« Reply #634 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 20:05:29 »
Damn, you would think more people would want F&A, I guess alot of people have no use for 1.5 modifiers. Are there no 1.25 A profile molds?

Offline tbc

« Reply #635 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 21:10:57 »
Damn, you would think more people would want F&A, I guess alot of people have no use for 1.5 modifiers. Are there no 1.25 A profile molds?

isn't f and a pad printed?  at least a lot of keys?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #636 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 21:32:11 »

Well, there are already 1.5 mods included in the base pack. The F&A pack is pretty expensive on top of an already expensive set.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as A-profile 1.25 mods.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #637 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 21:36:34 »
isn't f and a pad printed?  at least a lot of keys?

It should be double shot just like the rest of the set. The windowed key would be the only ones that would need to be pad printed but they blank so that's not the case.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #638 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 21:53:08 »
I remember this has been asked before. But it must have been buried so deep in this thread that I can't find it. What should I do to modify my order if I didn't save the link?
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #639 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 22:00:14 »
I remember this has been asked before. But it must have been buried so deep in this thread that I can't find it. What should I do to modify my order if I didn't save the link?

submit a new one. It will overwrite the old one.

Offline J0hn

« Reply #640 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 05:19:17 »

Well, there are already 1.5 mods included in the base pack. The F&A pack is pretty expensive on top of an already expensive set.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as A-profile 1.25 mods.
Yeah, I guess it's expensive for what you actually get.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #641 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 05:31:44 »

So what's stopping you from buying any key-sets from Signature Plastics, if GMK is so 'expensive' ?

Offline skuko

« Reply #642 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 05:51:47 »

So what's stopping you from buying any key-sets from Signature Plastics, if GMK is so 'expensive' ?

hehe, it actually IS expensive, that's a fact. at least by most standards it is. making it look like it's not won't change it.

whether it is WORTH it, that's a whole different story.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #643 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 06:08:09 »
hehe, it actually IS expensive, that's a fact. at least by most standards it is. making it look like it's not won't change it.

Yes no one is denying that GMK full key-set is expensive BUT when you have these installed into your keyboard (whether it be Filco, Leopold, GON, Kmac, etc) you shall see what all the fuss is about.

Very few people ever sell their original GMK keysets in the classifieds unless they jumped on over to the 'darkside (thorpie camp)'.

When you do have authentic Cherry Profile installed into your keyboard there is very little chance for SP to ever get a look-in, into that same keyboard.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 June 2014, 06:10:00 by Elrick »

Offline J0hn

« Reply #644 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 06:44:37 »

I personally don't care about the price, but I'm sure there are other people who don't want to spend 35€ on some caps that are similar to the ones in the base kit.

Offline osi

« Reply #645 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 06:54:47 »
Gahhhh, I keep looking at the page one mock ups, May have to get in on this mañana

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #646 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 07:40:38 »
F'n'A is all about the feel with the different profile. Sets that have these 2 rows are not as common... well sets with just A profile aren't terribly hard to find. It seems a lot of people just haven't experienced them so don't really know what's different about it. That kit is all doubleshot except the windowed keys (well technically they are too) and the scroll lock and pause keys would be pad print since the inserts on those for F row seem to have been lost.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #647 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:31:56 »
That kit is all doubleshot except the windowed keys (well technically they are too) and the scroll lock and pause keys would be pad print since the inserts on those for F row seem to have been lost.

Maybe due to damaged moulds which GMK can't actually afford to fix?

Gort,  Klaatu barada nikto  :thumb: .

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #648 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 10:52:58 »
finally put my order in!
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #649 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 11:59:49 »

Yes no one is denying that GMK full key-set is expensive BUT when you have these installed into your keyboard (whether it be Filco, Leopold, GON, Kmac, etc) you shall see what all the fuss is about.

Very few people ever sell their original GMK keysets in the classifieds unless they jumped on over to the 'darkside (thorpie camp)'.

When you do have authentic Cherry Profile installed into your keyboard there is very little chance for SP to ever get a look-in, into that same keyboard.

i still like my graphite set from SP and i use that over my GMK Classic Beige set.