Author Topic: 2014 FIFA World Cup  (Read 43221 times)

Offline pasph

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup
« Reply #400 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 17:01:33 »
Fourth time! Congrats
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #401 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:01:30 »
Yeeaaaaaahhhhh! Weltmeister!!!!!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #402 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:06:41 »
now that the World Cup is over, I have nothing to live vicariously through.  Only a couple more months until American football season.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #403 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:12:49 »
gg
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #404 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:14:19 »
gg m8s
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 18:17:44 »
Well played well deserved, best team in the cup by far!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #406 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:28:56 »
Is the World Cup over yet? Who won? too lazy to google it

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #407 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:33:23 »

It's over. Germany won. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #408 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:59:25 »

Huh, maybe that explains it. Tried to change my password to Brazildefense, but the commuter said it was too weak.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #409 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 06:51:45 »

Huh, maybe that explains it. Tried to change my password to Brazildefense, but the commuter said it was too weak.

:)) :))

We woooon :D whoop whoop
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline iri

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 07:09:47 »

did you try BrazilDefenseWithThiagoSilva instead?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 08:05:35 »

Boom!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:41:17 »

Boom!

Scolari's been fired as Brazil's manager!
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:48:34 »
Heh. Judge.

I think Brazil will crack under pressure. Out in the semi finals (revised my above prediction). I think Portugal will suck after Ronaldo gets injured. Out in the quarters. An African team will get to the semis and lose. Cameroon i hope. England will go out in the quarter finals. Spain will lose to Argentina in the final.

My Superbowl predictions were hideously off, so hopefully these go a bit better.

Yeah, I was way off. But right about Brazil :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:29:10 »
In my pub bracket, the only wrong pick I made was Mexico over Netherlands.   And that was a good pick for 87 minutes.   Besides that, my bracket is unblemished.  Now I need Germany to win.  Maybe I'll get a prize.

So did you win something? :p

Offline calavera

« Reply #415 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:56:03 »
Nothing against Messi (no doubt he's one of the greatest players of all time) but I don't think he deserved the golden ball award.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #416 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 23:43:40 »
Nothing against Messi (no doubt he's one of the greatest players of all time) but I don't think he deserved the golden ball award.

Well, at least it's less ridiculous than giving the award to Neymar(keting), and seriously, there's some chance they would if Messi weren't there  :rolleyes:
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline calavera

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 01:34:34 »
I doubt it. If Brazil made it to the finals and Neymar was still playing then yeah I can see that.
But Robben or James Rodriguez should have won.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 10:16:49 »
In my pub bracket, the only wrong pick I made was Mexico over Netherlands.   And that was a good pick for 87 minutes.   Besides that, my bracket is unblemished.  Now I need Germany to win.  Maybe I'll get a prize.

I don't know.  They have not called me yet.  If I do not get some call before tomorrow, I will call them.  I had to be at least in the top 3.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 10:38:02 »

I don't know.  They have not called me yet.  If I do not get some call before tomorrow, I will call them.  I had to be at least in the top 3.
Best of luck to you Bro :thumb:
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:25:08 »

Def should have been Robben.  I don't think any player influenced games as much as him.  Rodriguez was good, but once he played against a team of top talent (Brazil), he was less effective.  Messi kinda got it by default.

The Golden Glove was tough to call.  So many great goalkeeper performances at this World Cup: Howard, Ochoa, Navas, Courtois, probably did not list a few.  Neuer is nuts with running out of his box and making plays on the ball.  He is like an 11th outfield player out there.  Courtois makes goalkeeping look so easy that he might as well be eating a sandwich while stopping shots.