Author Topic: 2014 FIFA World Cup  (Read 43174 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
2014 FIFA World Cup
« on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:02:50 »
wondering what anyone has to say about world cup.
Brazil 1, Croatia 1, both goals scored by Brazil
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:47:06 by IvanIvanovich »
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
Re: Brazil 1, Croatia 1, both goals scored by Brazil
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:11:27 »
I hate Neymar  :mad:
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:15:47 »
I hate Neymar  :mad:

uh, you are supporting your neighbor Croatia right?

I'm generally for the underdog so I don't cheer for Brazil that much. Besides I really hate the fanatical screaming that some of my female relatives do for Brazil (usually for some footballer with weird hair) so I love cheering against Brazil just to be different.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:20:57 »
Is there somewhere that i can watch the games online?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:22:32 »
Is there somewhere that i can watch the games online?

http://www.feed2all.eu/type/football.html

I highly suggest adblockplus if you're going to go this route.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:23:29 »
I don't know if you are an avid football fan or not but Neymar has a reputation for being a little ***** that he is thus why I hate him, he is a great player though. I am an England fan but I am thinking that Argentina is going to take this one. Brazil are way overhyped for what they are capable of. Since my country never was and never will compete or pass the group stages for what its worth I chose to be completely non bias and just enjoy the games along with some friends and some beer.
ps. I hate fifa with passion too!

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:23:57 »
lololololololololol football
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:25:15 »
No post title spoilers please, some of us were waiting for the download to finish before we can watch it........

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:32:44 by RabRhee »
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:29:22 »
I think Brazil will cave to the pressure and they won't get past the quarter finals.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:30:10 »
Football is for dorks

... see what I did there?

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:52:29 »
Welp.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline pasph

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:04:43 »
stolen victory
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline iri

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:08:16 »
3:1

meow-meow
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:10:25 »
This is something to do with sport, isn't it?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:14:23 »
Expected.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:19:59 »
Ye see, the thing about Croatia's that they always try to walk it in.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:21:37 »
ergh, no spoilers in subjects please.  i'm watching these games after i get home from work.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 18:03:56 »
 :D
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline iri

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 18:07:30 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline pasph

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 18:31:33 »
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 19:48:42 »
I don't like much football but I can agree that that judge made a huge mistake ...
And **** happens ...

Even without that fault we would win in the end right?
Soccer is kinda a religion around here, is part of our culture.
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline pasph

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 19:55:40 »
They seemed just a little nervous at the beginning, pressure is high on the field and out in the streets...
It's a wonderful team that don't need any "gift" :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 June 2014, 19:57:42 by pasph »

Offline calavera

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 19:55:54 »
Anyone know where I can watch them live online..for free?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 19:58:24 »
Anyone know where I can watch them live online..for free?
http://gofirstrowus.eu/
If you can stand the millions of ads
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 20:04:44 »
you can install this app.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 20:28:39 »
Heh. Judge.

I think Brazil will crack under pressure. Out in the semi finals (revised my above prediction). I think Portugal will suck after Ronaldo gets injured. Out in the quarters. An African team will get to the semis and lose. Cameroon i hope. England will go out in the quarter finals. Spain will lose to Argentina in the final.

My Superbowl predictions were hideously off, so hopefully these go a bit better.

Offline agodinhost

• Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 07:15:29 »
My crystal ball is broken ...
 ;D

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 07:42:20 »
Predicting for Brazil v Germany and Spain v Argentina in semis
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:14:48 »
Well, after the first game, it was obvious that at least one referee has been bribed, or at least he has so much fear in the citizens of Brazil that he felt compelled to make calls in their favor.

I dislike big sporting events like the World Cup and the Olympics, because often times the governments spend tens of billions of dollars with few actual benefits for the citizens but some prestige for the country.  And government officials and their friends and a few sports teams always get a few handouts.  See Qatar and Russia.

Regardless of my dislike of the authoritarian nature of these events, I do enjoy the entertainment aspect.  When you put all the emotions and grandstanding aside, that's what modern professional sports is these days: an entertainment industry.  When you look at sports from that angle, you get less emotional about the whole thing.

Enough of that schpeel.  I like the Germans, Italians, and Argentines this time around.  The era of Spain looks to be winding down.  Brazil has some great players, but it looks like they need some gifts from the referee to win their first game and they do not play team football as well as some other teams.  Then again, the home country advantage has already begun to show.

I would hope that my home country figures out a way to at least tie Ghana this time around.  Ghana beat the USA in the last two World Cups, and our team could not compete with their speed, strength, and team play.  I say park the bus and play the counter attack.  But I'm just an armchair quarterback.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:17:22 by prdlm2009 »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:27:21 »
FIFA is a gross organization but damn I love some football
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:35:05 »
as a hockey fan who has little patience for the theatrics of soccer in general and the world cup particular, i find that my favorite part is how much material it gives me to tease my soccer die hard friends. FIFA, diving, corruption, diving, protests, the fact that his team (england) has no hope, diving.

the world cup really is the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to making fun of soccer.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:41:31 »

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:49:21 »
Some real good matches this evening. Think Mexico v Cameroon will be a thriller. And Spain v Holland will either be brilliant or an absolute borefest.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:21:53 »
Some real good matches this evening. Think Mexico v Cameroon will be a thriller. And Spain v Holland will either be brilliant or an absolute borefest.

So far Spain vs Netherlands is quite brilliant and entertaining!
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:22:49 »

Spain vs Netherlands has been good so far.  Spain is not possessing the ball and passing like they have in past tournaments.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:39:21 »
urm.

wow

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:42:25 »
they're just piling it on now

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline iri

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:51:39 »
ORANJEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!1111111111

-Ray Bradbury

Offline osxoep

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:55:28 »
rekt
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:55:55 »
Well that game was intense, makes it more interesting for sure :D
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline mauri

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 09:11:07 »
Best game of the tournament, probably just downhill from here on.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 12:49:48 »
I am waiting for the England playing later today. Keep ur eyes on becoz its gonna be a good game!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 12:59:01 »
I am waiting for the England playing later today. Keep ur eyes on becoz its gonna be a good game!
England overhypes themselves in the WC. Italy is gonna get an easy win
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 13:03:30 »
England overhypes themselves in the WC. Italy is gonna get an easy win
England is gonna get crushed

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 17:55:09 »
 1:1 so far, half way to go
GO England!!! ;D

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 17:58:58 »
Great games I can't say there was a bad one so far!
Oh go England!!!  ;D

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 18:57:33 »
RIP

Offline pasph

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 19:36:30 »
1 is done

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 19:56:30 »
Japan??? Anyone got one of the links for that game to work?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 20:19:15 »
That was quick...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015