Author Topic: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Shipping Corrections)  (Read 328786 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Production)
« Reply #1000 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:10:45 »
Show Image

YUMMY! thanks CtrlAlt Team
That looks unreal. Nice shot.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1001 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:16:28 »
Show Image

Is this an actual PHOTO which is totally 'unmolested' via Photoshop?

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #1002 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:24:54 »
Show Image

Is this an actual PHOTO which is totally 'unmolested' via Photoshop?

Only adjusted the brightness and contrast to portray the color accurately :D
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #1003 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:32:57 »
Show Image

That looks unreal!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1004 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:33:59 »
Only adjusted the brightness and contrast to portray the color accurately :D

::) >:D ::) >:D , Would be nice getting actual photos showing the REAL colour-way on their keyboards, because with Photoshop you could make anything look fantastic, including my ugly face.

Offline Slaine777

« Reply #1005 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:40:31 »
Got it today.  Shift key is straight and I have the scoops.  I'll check that all the rest of the keys are there later.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1006 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 22:32:57 »
Got it today.  Shift key is straight and I have the scoops.  I'll check that all the rest of the keys are there later.
Show Image

Brilliant shot, this key-set on a GON, couldn't get any better than that.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1007 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 22:37:57 »
Show Image

Show Image

God ****ing damnit why didn't I buy this set!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline tom.smykowski

« Reply #1008 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 22:59:13 »
got mine today. Looks great!!!!!

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #1009 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 00:04:42 »
Without trying to sift through the entire thread, is there a definitive list of what was supposed to come in the set someplace, including the extras that were worked in later, if any?
I think I'm missing a 1x ctrl at least because I have 1x Win/shift/alt, but I can't even see those on the mockup so I've nothing to cross-reference against.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1010 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 00:07:21 »
Without trying to sift through the entire thread, is there a definitive list of what was supposed to come in the set someplace, including the extras that were worked in later, if any?
I think I'm missing a 1x ctrl at least because I have 1x Win/shift/alt, but I can't even see those on the mockup so I've nothing to cross-reference against.

There wasn't a 1u ctrl

People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #1011 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 00:09:44 »

There wasn't a 1u ctrl

Thanks, must be going blind when looking over the mockups.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #1012 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 03:09:49 »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1013 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 05:28:14 »
Show Image

Beautiful color. I'm looking forward to receive mine!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1014 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 06:31:54 »
Show Image

scoops looks great

as a quick update for people whos orders were sent before we found out about the scoop and shift issue

we are gonna order a ton of bubble mailers, ill get cody to way up the packages and get shipping quoptes, and ill work out what we do from there and get back to you
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1015 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 06:59:34 »
Show Image

scoops looks great

as a quick update for people whos orders were sent before we found out about the scoop and shift issue

we are gonna order a ton of bubble mailers, ill get cody to way up the packages and get shipping quoptes, and ill work out what we do from there and get back to you
Good thing. Thanks Bunny for the update.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1016 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 07:22:24 »
Show Image

scoops looks great

Trust Bunny to sort everything out quickly, looking forward to getting your "shipping quotes" and paying it straight away when it arrives into my mailbox.

Offline gogged

« Reply #1017 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 13:06:16 »
Awesome keyset and turnaround time! I got all my caps except the deep dish F & J, and I do have the wonky right shift. However I moved since I got the set, who should I PM to let know my new mailing address?

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1018 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:15:25 »
For the love of orange!!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1019 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:19:40 »
For the love of orange!!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Good choice of novelty caps! I love it. Looking forward to receive mine.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1020 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:45:18 »
Oh, and I obviously need a numpad....

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:51:38 by 64rky »

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1021 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:53:31 »
lol, that 0 also looks tilted
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1022 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:59:01 »
For the love of orange!!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Good choice of novelty caps! I love it. Looking forward to receive mine.

Thank you sir... I love this keyset... Looks and feels great.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1023 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:59:53 »

You're right, it does, you made me look at the numpad again, it's totally fine, just the picture... ha ha..

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1024 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 16:02:36 »

I guess I see a tiny bit of a wider gap on one end, but honestly I would literally never have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out.

I've seen your posts about Infinity boards looking crooked, and I've seen your posts about chasing down ping in multiple boards. I think in both regards your tolerance is much, much lower than average. This is what it is, and I hope I don't sound judgmental or anything, because that's not my intent. Everybody's different. But most people don't notice/aren't bothered by this kind of stuff.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1025 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 16:39:36 »

I guess I see a tiny bit of a wider gap on one end, but honestly I would literally never have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out.

I've seen your posts about Infinity boards looking crooked, and I've seen your posts about chasing down ping in multiple boards. I think in both regards your tolerance is much, much lower than average. This is what it is, and I hope I don't sound judgmental or anything, because that's not my intent. Everybody's different. But most people don't notice/aren't bothered by this kind of stuff.

Haha, Indeed my tolerance is low, I'm aware, I generally do my best to minimise these issues and move on/settle later on, the switch placements for example are easily fixable, both during and after construction, same goes for the ping, the initial struggle is painful, yet it pays later on

Going to receive this set and the infinity tomorrow if everything goes according to plan, I'm very excited
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1026 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 17:32:55 »

Haha, Indeed my tolerance is low, I'm aware, I generally do my best to minimise these issues and move on/settle later on, the switch placements for example are easily fixable, both during and after construction, same goes for the ping, the initial struggle is painful, yet it pays later on

Going to receive this set and the infinity tomorrow if everything goes according to plan, I'm very excited
Is that the third infinity you scrounged for or your two from Massdrop? I think we were both part of the last Massdrop buy but I haven't heard a peep from MD yet.

My boards:
More

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1027 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 18:03:27 »
Is that the third infinity you scrounged for or your two from Massdrop? I think we were both part of the last Massdrop buy but I haven't heard a peep from MD yet.

It's a V1 I bought from /r/mechmarket, I couldn't wait for the drop2, bought the V1 + a silver vortex case to combine and use with this keyset, couldn't risk going for an orange case :)

I went all in on infinities, I had 2 on this drop, bought an additional 2, going to build them with different switches, put on the DSA keycaps I collected and go silent for a while

Sculptured keycaps doesn't mix well with non-sculptured ones in my opinion, so the V1/hack'd by geeks complicated things for me, I was planning on settling with DSA keycaps, now I'm not sure what my plans are, if the SA keycaps prove to be far superior, I won't be able to use the DSA's anymore

Offline Slaine777

« Reply #1028 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 23:12:04 »
Oh, and I obviously need a numpad....

Show Image

Ugh, I need one of those Lambda keys.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 10:13:55 »
Received the set today, it's beautiful in person too, some impressions/deductions:

1) ABS SA is pretty similar to ABS DSA, as the stem holder is levelled with the keycap, the sound isn't absorbed at extreme levels, a good thing in my opinion, as they are on par :)
2) Row1 keycaps are huge, the sculpture is most prominent on row1, the other rows are at similar levels, only their tilts are different, I might be ok. with buying all row3 SA sets in the future
3) I was intending to use row2 Esc and Delete at the top row, however this is not logical, row1/row2 difference is pretty high, I ended up using Row1 Esc and Row1 "-", looks great
3.a) On the other hand, row3 and row4 mixes very well, the difference isn't noticeable, row2/row3/row4 is pretty much at the same height, while row1 is distinctly longer
4) Tested SA keycaps with multiple switches, fall in love with MX Blues + SA's, the softness of blues go really well with the bulky SA's, the combined experience is very mellow and soothing
5) As the keycaps are very long, o-rings, trampoline mods should be avoided, they really shine when they are free to travel all the way

Couldn't decide between Clears or 62G Green's yet, I don't have Blue's on hand, otherwise I would definitely use the blue switches
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2015, 10:19:31 by KHAANNN »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 12:18:22 »
My set came in today. I'm unable to check the fitment of the right shift though. Regardless, big thanks to the [CTRL]ALT team and JD for running this set. It is amazing.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 12:44:03 »
Mine arrived today, scoops included. And AFAIK my right shift is on the straight and narrow.

Mine was a PM order, and I never did receive a shipping notice. So for those of you still waiting, just be patient. I'm sure your keys will arrive soon!

My boards:
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1032 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 12:45:50 »
Mine arrived today, scoops included. And AFAIK my right shift is on the straight and narrow.

Mine was a PM order, and I never did receive a shipping notice. So for those of you still waiting, just be patient. I'm sure your keys will arrive soon!

hope you enjoy your set

we dont do shipping notices for pm order currently but we will soon have a much better solution and be able to add orders to the site after the fact

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1033 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 12:49:45 »
Show Image

Damn, girl. This shot needs to be swapped into the main "geekhack" logo at the top of the page. So glorious.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1034 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 12:53:11 »

hope you enjoy your set

we dont do shipping notices for pm order currently but we will soon have a much better solution and be able to add orders to the site after the fact

I was not complaining as I did not expect a shipping notice. I was just trying really hard this whole time to be patient and not to bug you busy Ctrl Alt folks, and I'm just encouraging others to do the same.

Anyway, when I picked up my packages this morning (I usually get several a day) and I saw the name "Cody" on the return address of that little square box, I squealed like a schoolgirl.

My boards:
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1035 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 12:54:10 »

hope you enjoy your set

I was not complaining as I did not expect a shipping notice. I was just trying really hard this whole time to be patient and not to bug you busy Ctrl Alt folks, and I'm just encouraging others to do the same.

Anyway, when I picked up my packages this morning (I usually get several a day) and I saw the name "Cody" on the return address of that little square box, I squealed like a schoolgirl.

i didnt take your message as complaining at all sir

and feel free to bug me any time

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1036 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 13:01:12 »
Just wanted to thank everyone on the CTRL ALT team for this keyset.  This is my first custom set, been typing on them for two days,  and my mind has been blown right out of my head! They seem to have impressed quite a few in the office too...

So again.... Thank you,  thank you!!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1037 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 17:07:50 »
If your tracking number didn't update, does it mean there is a problem with USPS or is it only a bug and you have to play the waiting game? I don't mind waiting without knowing but I don't want them to have a problem with my little precious set.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1038 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 17:15:40 »
If your tracking number didn't update, does it mean there is a problem with USPS or is it only a bug and you have to play the waiting game? I don't mind waiting without knowing but I don't want them to have a problem with my little precious set.
Show Image

its just usps not updating

Offline blud

« Reply #1039 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 17:54:43 »
USPS is the absolute worst when it comes to updated tracking, on several occasions I've had items literally be in my possession for hours and it would still say shipping label created or somewhere nowhere near my house. Such was the case with this. Btw bang-up job on these, havent had the chance to put them on my poker 2 yet due to crazy work hours but they look awesome in the little baggie.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1040 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 18:35:15 »
Show Image

My tracking still shows "Label created", and the package arrived today.  So I wouldn't worry, it will come.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1041 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 19:31:14 »
Show Image

My tracking still shows "Label created", and the package arrived today.  So I wouldn't worry, it will come.

Exactly, using federal Postal Services will always take more time to arrive at any destination or sometimes you get lucky and receive the package as soon as possible.

Would only worry when three or four months pass and nothing has arrived from your email postal details or when Cody let's you know it's been shipped on that date.   Remembered in the past a certain 'someone' had said to me personally via pm here on Geekhack he sent it, six months went by still nothing then a year went by still nothing, yet the scumbag pissed off from ever running another Group Buy which was good for everyone here nowadays.

Some people are born lying scumbags but NOT Cody or Bunny, these guys say it's been sent on that date and you can literally count on an analog clock when it's due to arrive.    Everything I have ever bought from these guys has been delivered to my residence here in Sh1town, Nowheresville, so everyone can count on shipping when dealing with CTRL/ALT.   100% trustful and decent compared to most others that I have ever dealt with here on Geekhack.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1042 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 20:24:29 »
Show Image

Exactly, using federal Postal Services will always take more time to arrive at any destination or sometimes you get lucky and receive the package as soon as possible.

Would only worry when three or four months pass and nothing has arrived from your email postal details or when Cody let's you know it's been shipped on that date.   Remembered in the past a certain 'someone' had said to me personally via pm here on Geekhack he sent it, six months went by still nothing then a year went by still nothing, yet the scumbag pissed off from ever running another Group Buy which was good for everyone here nowadays.

Some people are born lying scumbags but NOT Cody or Bunny, these guys say it's been sent on that date and you can literally count on an analog clock when it's due to arrive.    Everything I have ever bought from these guys has been delivered to my residence here in Sh1town, Nowheresville, so everyone can count on shipping when dealing with CTRL/ALT.   100% trustful and decent compared to most others that I have ever dealt with here on Geekhack.

There are plenty of good, honest people on here who far outnumber the scumbags. But where Ctrl Alt seems to stand out, in my limited experience, is that they have their acts together. They are experienced, organized, and good communicators. This is the other part of trustworthiness. An honest person who is a bad administrator can be just as untrustworthy as a dishonest person, the only difference being they cost time/money/frustration by accident instead of on purpose. This is all especially true when dealing with large orders.

So congratulations and thanks to all involved for being part of something great.

My boards:
More

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #1043 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 23:49:37 »
Beautiful set! Thanks Cody, Bunny and team. Also Elrick for much hype; changed my mind near the GB end and caved in.

Just need to get a board.

99515-0

Offline freefall316

« Reply #1044 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 00:06:25 »
I have to say thanks to Bunny, Cody and the CTRL/ALT team for making this such a great experience.  I could not ask for a better experience for my first group buy purchase.  I would not hesitate to participate in a GB with them in the future they are true professionals.  Even the small issue with the right shift and scooped keys they were all over it once identified.

I absolutely love this keycap set with the full contoured SA profile.   They feel amazing on my Novatouch.  I could not have made a better choice.

Now i just need to find another SA set for my Poker II.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #1045 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 00:14:30 »
Beautiful set! Thanks Cody, Bunny and team. Also Elrick for much hype; changed my mind near the GB end and caved in.

Just need to get a board.

(Attachment Link)

I am in love with this board o.0

I want a minla air sooo bad!
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1046 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 00:55:09 »
Sorry it looks like some of you have gotten your sets before I could respond to your pms. I will be in the office tomorrow and Wednesday and will reply to everyone then.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1047 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 05:49:59 »
Not to be a squeaky wheel, but I haven't even heard if it has shipped or gotten a tracking number. Any information wild be appreciated.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1048 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 05:51:37 »
Not to be a squeaky wheel, but I haven't even heard if it has shipped or gotten a tracking number. Any information wild be appreciated.

it has been shipped sir, cody has already posted that all pm orders have shipped

and i had posted we dont have a way to send shipping notifications to pm orders, cody has posted that if pm orders contact him he will be able to get them tracking

and 2 posts above this he has posted he will be in the office today and tomorrow to reply to pms asking exactly that

Offline SL89

« Reply #1049 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 05:58:15 »
I understand all of that, and I've contacted Cody as instructed, Sunday turned to Monday, and Monday turned to today. Lol I know **** happens, I just needed a rough ETA so I can let someone know as I'm in a different state for work. Thanks again for the clarification. :D