Author Topic: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Shipping Corrections)  (Read 330118 times)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Production)
« Reply #600 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 13:03:16 »
I'm sad to let the set go but I'm a GMK fiend and that needs funding lol

Don't make me summon Elrick to explain how this works. ;)

I feel bad enough JD way to rub it in.  :'(

Just pick one up later from someone when you have the funds. :brohug:

:rolleyes: aww shucks. But yes that is the plan!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #601 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 02:15:26 »
i think we should have pics within the next week if sp are still on schedule, they havent contacted us to say itll be late for any reason which they normally would have by now

Cool thanks for the update. Looking forward to see the pictures!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #602 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 03:25:00 »
Friends,
I missed this one first time around. How sad will I be if I don't pm bunny to ask if there's one more set?

I ask because my wallet is hurting, amigos. And I thought,.... maybe, .... if I just don't ask, no further harm will come to my battered finances.

But I fear it might be a mistake.

Help.

-R
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #603 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 03:35:41 »
Friends,
I missed this one first time around. How sad will I be if I don't pm bunny to ask if there's one more set?

I ask because my wallet is hurting, amigos. And I thought,.... maybe, .... if I just don't ask, no further harm will come to my battered finances.

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #604 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 03:56:37 »
Friends,

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left

Oh dear. What to do? Penumbra is coming....can you hear that cracking sound as my mind splits in two?

❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #605 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 04:36:49 »
Friends,

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left

Oh dear. What to do? Penumbra is coming....can you hear that cracking sound as my mind splits in two?

penumbra? oh noes
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #606 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 04:57:51 »

I've got Penumbra and I like the look of Hack'd by Geeks far more  :thumb: .

Why you might ask, simply because of it's retro look and coloured orange legends which excites me so.  Hack'd by Geeks should be in every keyboard you own simply because it deserves to be admired daily  8) .

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #607 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 06:21:40 »

I've got Penumbra and I like the look of Hack'd by Geeks far more  :thumb: .

Why you might ask, simply because of it's retro look and coloured orange legends which excites me so.  Hack'd by Geeks should be in every keyboard you own simply because it deserves to be admired daily  8) .

I can't wait for Hack'd by Geeks - I was planning to update my pc build to a black and gold colour scheme inspired by Deus Ex Human Revolution and think it would work really nice alongside it!

Offline omen7288

« Reply #608 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 06:50:22 »
Friends,

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left

I'll pick up a set if I read that correctly. Just tell me where to throw my monies.
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT
RK-9000I MX Blues, Vortex PBTRK-9000 MX Blues

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #609 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 07:35:08 »
Friends,

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left

I'll pick up a set if I read that correctly. Just tell me where to throw my monies.
Omen
I feel your wallet pain however this is a really gorgeous set and I'm not sure if you have felt SA profile keys but people tend to either love them or hate them. I for one LOVE ThEM ! The worst case scenario you can post it for sale in the classifieds here or on mechmarket for slightly less than your initial investment (Some post them for more ) and recover some monies. I have a feeling though once you get your hands on it your gong to be very happy you did. Either way good luck and thanks again bunny for helping us out who showed up late to party you rock. Cheers !
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #610 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 07:48:29 »
Friends,

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left

Omen
I feel your wallet pain however this is a really gorgeous set and I'm not sure if you have felt SA profile keys but people tend to either love them or hate them. I for one LOVE ThEM ! The worst case scenario you can post it for sale in the classifieds here or on mechmarket for slightly less than your initial investment (Some post them for more ) and recover some monies. I have a feeling though once you get your hands on it your gong to be very happy you did. Either way good luck and thanks again bunny for helping us out who showed up late to party you rock. Cheers !
I can almost assure you that posting it on the classifieds here or on mechmarket will allow you to sell it for at least your cost plus shipping or perhaps even more to avoid selling at a loss. This is an amazing key set.

Offline omen7288

« Reply #611 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 07:53:47 »
Friends,

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left

Omen
I can almost assure you that posting it on the classifieds here or on mechmarket will allow you to sell it for at least your cost plus shipping or perhaps even more to avoid selling at a loss. This is an amazing key set.

Yea, I just... Sigh, within the past 30 days, I signed up for the hyperfuse GB, 330 gateron switches/some of those are clear tops, 3x vortex pbt keysets from massdrop, the ergodox infinity massdrop, ordered a planck kit....  Still debating on the granite set on massdrop, but I like the look of this set more. I didn't sign up originally because I missed it.

Anyway, if a set is available, I'll def pick one up.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2015, 08:39:41 by omen7288 »
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #612 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 11:32:23 »
Friends,

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left

Omen

Yea, I just... Sigh, within the past 30 days, I signed up for the hyperfuse GB, 330 gateron switches/some of those are clear tops, 3x vortex pbt keysets from massdrop, the ergodox infinity massdrop, ordered a planck kit....  Still debating on the granite set on massdrop, but I like the look of this set more. I didn't sign up originally because I missed it.

Outch the wallet is hurt for sure.

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #613 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 14:58:25 »
Friends,

Help.

-R

we have 3 spares left

Omen

You guys! I was hoping you'd talk me out of it, instead you enabled me!
Omen, your story sounds like mine! Maybe we should start a support group. Who's in?

:D :-\ :confused:
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline omen7288

« Reply #614 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 15:31:40 »

Omen, your story sounds like mine! Maybe we should start a support group. Who's in?

Well, I didn't have this problem before I started visiting /r/mechanicalkeyboards or geekhack.org, or massdrop. I suppose the correct solution would be to stop looking at other people's setups. Nothing good can come of it =P
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #615 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 15:35:32 »

Well, I didn't have this problem before I started visiting /r/mechanicalkeyboards or geekhack.org, or massdrop. I suppose the correct solution would be to stop looking at other people's setups. Nothing good can come of it =P

You're right. I need more SA sets for these 60% boards, though.

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #616 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 15:38:28 »

:D :-\ ???

Show Image

SA and HHKB, a mix I would like to try. :D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #617 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 15:40:08 »

Yes, I need some hybrid sliders for that, though. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #618 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 15:41:43 »

If you have a Type-S that'd be a pity to trade the sliders for some hybrid one. Unless you manage to find Hybrid Type-S sliders, in that case just get 2 sets please (one for me!)  :p .

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #619 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 15:42:44 »

novatouch after coupon at amazon right now for $149.99 ;)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #620 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 17:11:17 »

novatouch after coupon at amazon right now for $149.99 ;)
Also same price at new egg :)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #621 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 01:27:35 »

Show Image

I agree completely. You need Penumbra Round 2, Danger Zone, Midnight SA and Retro SA at the very least ;D
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #622 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 04:16:20 »
You need Penumbra Round 2, Danger Zone, Midnight SA and Retro SA at the very least ;D

Would like to see next Midnight SA and of course the original here Matt's Retro SA, because that one is really nice as a Full-profiled SA instead of the flattish DSA  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 April 2015, 04:18:06 by Elrick »

Offline omen7288

« Reply #623 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 11:51:27 »

Show Image

Why would you show me those?!?! My monies can only fly out of my wallet so fast. 

Also... paid invoice from Bunny for "hack'd by geeks" set.  They'll be my first SA family set. I noticed on the http://keycapsdirect.com/key-caps.php page about SA family they don't appear to come in PBT, is this common for all SA or just the ones coming from Signature Plastics. I didn't have much luck googling for PBT SA keycaps.
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #624 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 11:55:08 »

Show Image

Why would you show me those?!?! My monies can only fly out of my wallet so fast. 

Also... paid invoice from Bunny for "hack'd by geeks" set.  They'll be my first SA family set. I noticed on the http://keycapsdirect.com/key-caps.php page about SA family they don't appear to come in PBT, is this common for all SA or just the ones coming from Signature Plastics. I didn't have much luck googling for PBT SA keycaps.

PBT is overrated. Thick ABS is where it's at.

In all honestly, people go nuts for PBT because it's more wear resistant and feels better than stock ABS caps that come with most keyboard. But a quality double shot ABS set is my preference, and is also MUCH better than any stock keycaps to me, including most of the stock PBT options.

in memoriam

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #625 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 15:58:56 »

Show Image

PBT is overrated. Thick ABS is where it's at.

In all honestly, people go nuts for PBT because it's more wear resistant and feels better than stock ABS caps that come with most keyboard. But a quality double shot ABS set is my preference, and is also MUCH better than any stock keycaps to me, including most of the stock PBT options.

Well crafted goods will beat stock anything all day every day

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #626 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:03:03 »
I'm having a play in layout editor to see what I can do with this set and noticed the ISO short shift is in row 3 - is this due to the same mold problem that plagues the standard shifts or is it just wrong in the mock up?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #627 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:18:23 »
I'm having a play in layout editor to see what I can do with this set and noticed the ISO short shift is in row 3 - is this due to the same mold problem that plagues the standard shifts or is it just wrong in the mock up?

It's because semi matte finish is not available for R4 1.25u keys.

in memoriam

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #628 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:25:44 »

It's because semi matte finish is not available for R4 1.25u keys.
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try to avoid it!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #629 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 18:48:13 »

Show Image

AFAIK SA is only a profile name by SP. If you look at the stock key caps set sold with the RF HiPro it is similar but it isn't called SA. :)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #630 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 01:22:29 »

Show Image

AFAIK SA is only a profile name by SP. If you look at the stock key caps set sold with the RF HiPro it is similar but it isn't called SA. :)

SP only make ABS SA profile.

PBT has different thermal properties to ABS, so the molds have to be made differently, so you can't just run PBT in ABS molds unless they were designed to handle both materials. Even then, the resulting PBT keycaps would be a little smaller due to more shrinkage when cooling.

I wouldn't mind a set of dyesub PBT semi-matte SA profile caps, though :)

[EDIT] Penumbra has 1.25x semi-matte Row 4 caps as I mentioned in the Retro SA thread, so I'm sure they're possible, no need to avoid them AFAIK. [/EDIT]
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2015, 04:02:49 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #631 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 08:55:45 »
Is everything looking good so far regarding the shipment to JD from SP on the 16th? :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #632 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 08:57:03 »
Is everything looking good so far regarding the shipment to JD from SP on the 16th? :)

sets arent going to jd

i havent heard any delays from sp

but we did email them last night to confirm that the 16th is still the day and to request pics

as soon as i get a reply from them i will be updating here

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 08:59:46 »

sets arent going to jd

i havent heard any delays from sp

but we did email them last night to confirm that the 16th is still the day and to request pics

as soon as i get a reply from them i will be updating here
I didn't remember where they would be headed first. I guess it will be a CtrlAlt team member in USA and then it will be sent to you for the European orders. Am I right?

Thanks, I'll be looking forward for your update.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #634 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:30:42 »
hey guys

really sorry for the poor quality pictures, but i think they are enough to surmise this came out great

shipping to us tomorrow

ill take glory shots as soon as we have them on hand, and they will be shipped out immediately

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #635 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:39:48 »
hey guys

really sorry for the poor quality pictures, but i think they are enough to surmise this came out great

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

ill take glory shots as soon as we have them on hand, and they will be shipped out immediately

Excitement overload, waay better than the renders, jesus o.0! Must touch them
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline neverused

« Reply #636 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:39:58 »
Oh that's beautiful

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #637 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:43:06 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

what you trying to say about our mockups bro

hehe

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #638 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:44:53 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

That hint of orange,  omg,  that hint of orange...  I have just the artisans... ORANGE!!

PS.  AWESOME JOB GUYS...

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #639 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:45:28 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

my god these are amazing looking I'm with punks must nuzzle the semi matte texture 8) do you have a board planned for this Punks ? So beautiful thanks for selling me a set late bunny

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #640 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:47:06 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

Good to know, thanks Bunny!

I am surprised, they look pretty shiny. I thought semi-matte would be less shiny.

Looking forward to have it on board! :D

If everything goes smooth should we expect a delivery by the end of the month or the beginning of the next?

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #641 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:49:59 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

what you trying to say about our mockups bro

hehe

Mock ups are spot on, i was just saying the finished set photos always blow me away. Seeing the transformation from a render to a physical product is amazing
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #642 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:52:18 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

I am surprised, they look pretty shiny. I thought semi-matte would be less shiny.

If everything goes smooth should we expect a delivery by the end of the month or the beginning of the next?

everything is prepped for these, so they will go out as soon as we get them

also, semi matte you can basically read as the word gloss, they are very very glossy, i voted for matte but was overruled

all that being said, the poor picture and light are causing the shine in the pics, they have the same finish as penumbra if you wanna check out some pics of that

this is the only pic i have to hand sadly

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #643 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:55:16 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

Really looking forward to getting these!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #644 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:56:01 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

me too

gonna look swanky on my jd40 and jd45

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #645 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:56:11 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

everything is prepped for these, so they will go out as soon as we get them

also, semi matte you can basically read as the word gloss, they are very very glossy, i voted for matte but was overruled

all that being said, the poor picture and light are causing the shine in the pics, they have the same finish as penumbra if you wanna check out some pics of that

this is the only pic i have to hand sadly

Show Image

Ok thanks. Looking forward to see how it goes my Novatouch.

Good job Bunny and everyone involved in the management of this group buy. We will never be thankful enough.  :p

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #646 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:57:15 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

me too

I need to pay someone to build my JD45 don't wanna mess up the board considering I have no soldering skills.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #647 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:58:49 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

me too

I need to pay someone to build my JD45 don't wanna mess up the board considering I have no soldering skills.

it could be the opportunity to learn.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #648 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:00:15 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

me too

Yea but I would much rather have a functioning board than chance destroying it.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #649 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:00:51 »
hey guys

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

shipping to us tomorrow

me too

Yea but I would much rather have a functioning board than chance destroying it.

I understand. ;)