Author Topic: F1 2015  (Read 51584 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: F1 2015
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 14:53:38 »
Tbf that Marussia would be a nightmare for anyone to drive, let alone the least experienced drivers in F1

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #401 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 15:07:17 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #402 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 10:23:09 »
umm... so qualifying;

More

what the ****

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #403 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 02:58:48 »
Well boys it's just a handful of hours away now, predictions?

Ima say:

Vettel
Riccy
Hamilton

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #404 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 07:06:37 »
3 second lead in one lap
DAAMN!
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 09:14:12 »
Well, what an interesting race...

More
Gutted that Lewis's motor broke down, he looked like the only one who could actually do anything at the front of the field, Nico was nowhere. Also disappointed with Vestaphen(?) ignoring team orders at the end, he's not fighting for a championship so things like that only reflect badly on him. Maybe 17 is too young for F1 after all.

Vettel in a class of his own though, was playing with Danny. I still don't understand how at Monza Lewis can win by 25 seconds, and then one race later Vettel is 24.8 seconds ahead of Nico (the lead Merc)... what the hell happened. Vettel looking increasingly like he'll be able to grab p2 in the championship and Bottas looking like that p4 is his

« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2015, 09:30:00 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #406 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 14:53:09 »
Well following the race we have some NEWS!

Maldonado is confirmed for Lotus/Renault for 2016 and Roman Grosjean is confirmed for Haas F1 for 2016!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #407 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 04:43:17 »
Yup, that was an interesting one!

Things did not go well for McLaren. Rossi caused a bit of an issue by being out of position under the safety car and getting in the way, but at least he didn't cause any real incidents.

Team orders are banned if they will affect the outcome of a race, and in this case that held true. In this case Verstappen was completely within his rights to ignore team orders. If anything it's increased my respect for him.

Really happy for Ricciardo! He was keeping pace with Vettel just about the whole race. Really epic drive from him.

I thought the safety car coming out AFTER the guy had left the track was a bit pointless.... Helped tighten up the pack again, though, so it did increase the "interest" level, but...

From what I could pick up in the interviews after free practice, Mercedes were really struggling for grip on this track and the car just wasn't suited to it somehow. I'm really glad as it allowed the top teams to be much more equal and you could see who is better at managing a tricky car. It is a pity for Hamilton that he had the engine fault, he was up there with the top group and could possibly have caught Kimi. So your prediction was pretty good :)

It's such a different track from Monza, different surface, different temperature, different air moisture content, different types of corners, etc, all of which affect how a particular car with a particular setup will manage.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #408 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 04:57:19 »
At the time I was disappointed by Max's reaction to being told to let his team mate through, he's not fighting for the championship and he sure isn't fighting to keep his seat, but F1 is a team sport. If he can't play the team game he has no place in F1.
In the end it didn't matter and the reason they asked him to pass was a bit silly, but I still think his reaction showed his age and was disappointing, something that his father only seems to make worse.

But yeah, gutted for Alonso and Button, really is Button's last season... and the future for McLaren is so dark, next year could see the end for Alonso too.. :(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 15:49:44 »
Well following the race we have some NEWS!

Maldonado is confirmed for Lotus/Renault for 2016 and Roman Grosjean is confirmed for Haas F1 for 2016!

Confirmed?

I think Singapore is a track unto it's own. Things happen there that wouldn't happen anywhere else. The margin for error is so much smaller than other places, even other street circuits because of the temperatures, that literally anything can happen. Nico Hulkenberg's incident with Massa was just stupid, and I think actually Rossi was partly responsible for the incident between Maldonado and Button. His presence in the higher order really threw everyone. He should know that he can pass everyone when he's lapped, because that's how it ****ing works.

As for the other news, Eddie Jordan's little monologue during the BBC highlights of the qualifying was really interesting. VAG coming in after 2018 to take over Red Bull with their own engines, and RB to take Ferrari engines as of next year. Lotus takeover by Renault, and Manor to be used as a feeder team for Mercedes. Sounds awesome to me.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #410 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 04:55:47 »
At the time I was disappointed by Max's reaction to being told to let his team mate through, he's not fighting for the championship and he sure isn't fighting to keep his seat, but F1 is a team sport. If he can't play the team game he has no place in F1.
In the end it didn't matter and the reason they asked him to pass was a bit silly, but I still think his reaction showed his age and was disappointing, something that his father only seems to make worse.

But yeah, gutted for Alonso and Button, really is Button's last season... and the future for McLaren is so dark, next year could see the end for Alonso too.. :(

Yeah, I guess in terms of team / driver politics it was a bit of a childish / unthinking reaction, but maybe he considers those 2 championship points to be worth more to him overall anyway.

All ahead to Japan! Anyone think Honda will pull some tricks out the bag for their home crowd?
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 07:06:57 »
All ahead to Japan! Anyone think Honda will pull some tricks out the bag for their home crowd?

Nope haha even if it rains they don't have the down-force package to take advantage of it as they have spent the whole year making the car as slippery as possible to make up for its massive lack of power.

@katty
yeah been confirmed, also Perez stays at FI for 2016 (was announced today)

further NEWS!
Lotus not paying bills again?

and the drivers press confrence;

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #412 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 07:41:16 »
I don't think Rossi can be blamed for the Button/Pastor incident, Pastor was stupid in his defense and Jenson (fairly) didn't expect him to position his car like that after running so deep into a corner.
If you can't deal with lapped cars you probably shouldn't be in F1 and the fact him and Stevens where in the mix actually made the restart far more interesting.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #413 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:50:36 »
I don't think Rossi can be blamed for the Button/Pastor incident, Pastor was stupid in his defense and Jenson (fairly) didn't expect him to position his car like that after running so deep into a corner.
If you can't deal with lapped cars you probably shouldn't be in F1 and the fact him and Stevens where in the mix actually made the restart far more interesting.

True, but it's not like every other lapped car situation. You have a narrow street circuit, and everyone is really close together because of the restart meaning that Rossi was trying to weave in and out of cars trying to get out of the way but then get round the corner.

I love Suzuka. I've always loved the circuit, but again, I'm not going to be able to watch any of it because I'm off. Hooray.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:52:57 »

True, but it's not like every other lapped car situation. You have a narrow street circuit, and everyone is really close together because of the restart meaning that Rossi was trying to weave in and out of cars trying to get out of the way but then get round the corner.

I love Suzuka. I've always loved the circuit, but again, I'm not going to be able to watch any of it because I'm off. Hooray.

hurrah!

I'm actually going to Silverstone Saturday to see the BTCC as guests of Michelin, which should be pretty ballin, not sure what kinda access I'll be getting but the BTCC is always good for a laugh!

and yeah the race should be epic, RAIN!!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #415 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:58:36 »
hurrah!

I'm actually going to Silverstone Saturday to see the BTCC as guests of Michelin, which should be pretty ballin, not sure what kinda access I'll be getting but the BTCC is always good for a laugh!

and yeah the race should be epic, RAIN!!

Nice! The BTCC always has great racing. Just enough contact for it to be exciting, but not enough to wreck everybody. Those guys are really on the edge, I love watching it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 06:10:46 »
Results from FP2

and there is the reason for those times;

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:19:49 by baldgye »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #417 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:39:21 »
Soooooooooooo wet.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #418 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 03:58:47 »
Well in the end the race was a bit of a dull one, which does tend to happy when it's fully dry at Suzuka due to the first sector, but some good mid field battles and a great result. Lewis's move into t1 &2 was epic and his pace cemented his performance this year. I'll post some more stuff when I get home.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #419 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 11:02:37 »
Well in the end the race was a bit of a dull one, which does tend to happy when it's fully dry at Suzuka due to the first sector, but some good mid field battles and a great result. Lewis's move into t1 &2 was epic and his pace cemented his performance this year. I'll post some more stuff when I get home.

The first few corners really showed how much of a better racer he is than Nico. I think he was lucky to get second because that stood him in a really great position to undertake like he did.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #420 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 12:47:42 »
He only got second because the mercs were in a class of there own

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 02:42:06 »

Yup, I think Vettel deserved second and Bottas third just based on driver performance, but of course the Ferraris are still a bit better than the Williams and the Mercs better than the Ferraris. Decent result, with the top 5 finishing in their drivers championship positions.

I do really like the track, one of my top 3. A bit of rain would have really spiced things up, but...
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 07:18:23 »

I meant Lewis was lucky to get second on the grid so he could do the undertake on the first corner :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 07:23:20 »

I meant Lewis was lucky to get second on the grid so he could do the undertake on the first corner :)

I feel like if the whole grid was in the same car, Nico wouldn't be fighting for wins, whereas Lewis would :P

Offline krbuck

« Reply #424 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 10:03:12 »
Hi F1 fans. I didn't know this thread existed until I posted my F1 USGP tickets in the "what you got in the mail" thread.

I'm thrilled to see you guys are active fans.

I've been attending the USGP in Austin since it debuted in 2012; its always been a great show. Last year I was lucky enough to get close to and get some pics of some of the drivers; also got some good pics on the pit walk.

This year I'm very excited and follow all the races. I just wish there was a place I could stream or watch the race on-demand. :rolleyes:  Some day after Bernie is gone maybe F1 will enter the 21st century of media.

Anyway, great to see you guys; I'll be following the thread!

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #425 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 14:04:14 »
Hi F1 fans. I didn't know this thread existed until I posted my F1 USGP tickets in the "what you got in the mail" thread.

I've been attending the USGP in Austin since it debuted in 2012; its always been a great show. Last year I was lucky enough to get close to and get some pics of some of the drivers; also got some good pics on the pit walk.

This year I'm very excited and follow all the races. I just wish there was a place I could stream or watch the race on-demand. :rolleyes:  Some day after Bernie is gone maybe F1 will enter the 21st century of media.

I always love the USGP. I don't know what it is, I just love the track. I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm glad Mexico is back too :)

Offline krbuck

« Reply #426 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 14:13:21 »

I always love the USGP. I don't know what it is, I just love the track. I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm glad Mexico is back too :)

Yep and Mexico is good for the sport too; keeps Mexican fans in the stands cheering. Perez is always there showing their flag as well. He's a pretty good driver.

I'm glad to see Alexander Rossi doing well. Marussia/Manor have always been sad sacks on the grid, but next year they are using a Mercedes engine and have licensed parts from Williams, so I'm hoping to see them start to creep up on the grid a bit.

The other exciting thing for next year is Haas. It will be really interesting to see how they do with their partnership with Ferarri. I'm hoping they are competitive at least in the lower part of the grid their first year. I'm sure it will take a while though....

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #427 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 14:21:38 »

Yep and Mexico is good for the sport too; keeps Mexican fans in the stands cheering. Perez is always there showing their flag as well. He's a pretty good driver.

I'm glad to see Alexander Rossi doing well. Marussia/Manor have always been sad sacks on the grid, but next year they are using a Mercedes engine and have licensed parts from Williams, so I'm hoping to see them start to creep up on the grid a bit.

The other exciting thing for next year is Haas. It will be really interesting to see how they do with their partnership with Ferarri. I'm hoping they are competitive at least in the lower part of the grid their first year. I'm sure it will take a while though....

Well rumours are that Mercedes are going to do a buyout of Manor and use them as a feeder team. Which would be cool. I am glad that the interest is growing in the USA. Maybe they will have more than one race there in the future so we can stop these random places like Kazakhstan host a race.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 14:50:48 »

Well rumours are that Mercedes are going to do a buyout of Manor and use them as a feeder team. Which would be cool. I am glad that the interest is growing in the USA. Maybe they will have more than one race there in the future so we can stop these random places like Kazakhstan host a race.

Nah they don't need to do that, they are instead supplying them an engine at rock-bottom price so they can put there development driver in one of the seats, and maybe with there new chassis that mannor might be a bit of a mid field pocket rocket... who knows

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 15:10:38 »
Nah they don't need to do that, they are instead supplying them an engine at rock-bottom price so they can put there development driver in one of the seats, and maybe with there new chassis that mannor might be a bit of a mid field pocket rocket... who knows

We're going to have a lot to talk about next week  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #430 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 15:43:10 »
^-^

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #431 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 04:30:11 »
FP1 Results For Russia!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #432 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 08:33:31 »
FP2 Results

Offline krbuck

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 13:38:09 »
FP2 Results

Show Image

Mostly useless because of the rain. Its supposed to be clear in Sochi the rest of the weekend though. Looking forward to it!

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #434 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 14:21:46 »
Hopefully the grippier rubber (or weather) will make for a more interesting race last year. I haven't heard anything about changes to the track itself.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #435 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 03:54:12 »
FP2 Results

Show Image

Mostly useless because of the rain. Its supposed to be clear in Sochi the rest of the weekend though. Looking forward to it!

FP1 results are useless for the same reason, though it didn't rain.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #436 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 05:12:32 »
Monumental crash for Carlos Saints causes FP3 to end about half way through the session. Thankfully though he is alright and is in the medical center talking to the doctors now.

https://streamable.com/edku
Once again the speed at which the Russian marshals attended the incident is brought into question after the appalling time it took to attend a GP2 crash yersterday.

Update 1: He's been airlifted from the on-track medical center to the local hospital.
image of the car just after impact, notice the lack of breaking marks, huge impact

This has actually been a pretty terrible weekend so far for motor racing incidents, Bathurst this weekend has already seen two season ending crashes; this one and this one. Let's hope the GP2 Race 1 goes without issue...

Update 2: GP3 Race 1 has been cancled due to the damage done to the barrier, Qualifying is due to happen at the same time however...

Update 3:

Update 4: Final update before quali, full gallery of the damage and extraction of Saints.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2015, 07:02:34 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #437 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 09:56:41 »
Quali Results;

More

Offline krbuck

« Reply #438 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 11:40:25 »
Good qual session. Its amazing how slippery that surface is. Its kinda looking like another Merc blow-out, but I'm interested to see how it goes.

I'm also looking forward to next year to see how Haas and Manor do - maybe they will push into the middle of the grid. That would be interesting.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #439 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 11:50:04 »
How is saints now?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #440 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 12:06:47 »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #441 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 04:31:04 »
How is saints now?

Good enough to drive tomorrow!

Great news!

Also, very nice to see both Finns qualified ahead of their teammates :D I think it's that they're used to driving on ice ;) I don't expect Bottas to keep his position the whole race, but impressed with his 3rd position on the grid (considering Massa is 15th).

I think there are two factors reducing grip, both the coldness of the track and the roughness of the surface. Those bargeboards are scraping a LOT.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #442 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 07:46:38 »
The was one hell of a race!
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #443 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 08:20:01 »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #444 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 15:44:10 »
Holy smokes, quite a race indeed. All I have to say is "What the **** did he do?"... Kimi, Kimi, Kimi... I'm starting to think Baldgye may be right about him... but maybe only a little.

Bottas really deserved a podium, IMHO.

And sorry for the brainfart in my previous message... Only Bottas qualified ahead of his teammate, not sure what I was thinking.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline krbuck

« Reply #445 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 16:33:18 »
Yes, very good race. Lots of fighting for position and some really smashed up cars, but nobody hurt which is always good, though very expensive for the teams.

I would really like to know what went wrong with Grosean's car when he lost it. It looked like something on the right rear suspension was broken.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline krbuck

« Reply #446 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:33:34 »
Track walk yesterday was great and didn't get any rain. The best part was that Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg came out for an impromptu autograph session.

Some bum managed to get on the track...

Lewis giving autographs.

Nico giving autographs. You can see the crew practicing stops in the background

Potato shot of Sir Frank Williams....

Alonso's garage... looking a little forlorn...

Romain's garage; they seem to be working on the car...

Let me know if this is too much; I can definitely mute it a bit. I'm trying to post a few things this group might find fun...

Cheers.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #447 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 10:25:06 »
Great photos, it looks like you're having a blast! Especially the first one of the home straight and turn one. Keep em coming!
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline krbuck

« Reply #448 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 10:35:42 »
Great photos, it looks like you're having a blast! Especially the first one of the home straight and turn one. Keep em coming!
Thanks. I'm heading out soon to see what there is to see during practice 2, but I'm guessing it will be a bit boring since rain is expected. Qualify tomorrow should be a lot more interesting... and probably very soggy.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #449 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 13:11:26 »
Really jealous of you dude, did you get an autograph from Lewis?