Author Topic: F1 2015  (Read 51291 times)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: F1 2015
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 15:11:05 »
Veery interesting....

Well, I for one welcome the refeuling and think it will definitely help make things more exciting and interesting, but would ALSO like to see improved cornering grip, through better tires and more downforce through increased ground effect use.

I don't think the ban on refeuling was the primary reason for the increase in overtaking from 2010 onwards. In 2010 they introduced more teams and more cars (more cars = more overtaking), 2011 saw the introduction of DRS. You can see the relative spikes in overtaking, with the introduction of DRS creating the biggest change.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 03:01:16 »
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/05/new-ideas-for-f1-2017-to-undo-much-of-overtaking-groups-work/

It's kinda nice when your opinion is shared expressed by people who are much more knowledgeable and able to express them self's much better ^^

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 04:19:39 »
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/05/new-ideas-for-f1-2017-to-undo-much-of-overtaking-groups-work/

It's kinda nice when your opinion is shared expressed by people who are much more knowledgeable and able to express them self's much better ^^

Quoting from the article: "With cars of roughly equal pace, what is needed to overtake is an offset in either tyre compound or condition or a major difference in car weight at a given moment. "

So which of these scenarios do you think will result in a larger difference in car weight:

1. Cars with a full load at the start and almost identical fuel usage throughout the race (since they all want to optimise the same way, max power, but efficient enough to have fuel til the end).
2. Cars with different fuel stop strategies, so some will have just refeuled, while others will have half or one third left in their tanks....

As I said previously, it makes it more of a team effort, with every part having more impact on the end result. Perhaps David didn't like that Schumi had such a genius race engineer ;)

IMO, cleaning up the air behind the car a bit more by using ground effect will be a better measure than increasing downforce through high aero parts. That will just make it even harder to overtake. Sometimes I just shake my head in wonder at the decisions...

It's interesting that "road cars" have been implementing movable aero parts for a while now, like the dynamic wings on some cars and the individual panels on the Pagani Huhyuayayaurarara or however you say it.

Also, the ban on four wheel drive was instigated by the 6 wheel Williams. They had all four rear wheels driven and this gave them a big advantage in mechanical grip for acceleration, so of course they banned 6 wheelers... AND four wheel drive at the same time, even though with 6 wheelers banned, you couldn't replicate what Williams had done. Four wheel drive has always been a compromise between added weight, much more difficult packaging and added grip, so it wouldn't give a major advantage either way, but it WOULD help create more of a difference in the way a car goes round a track. So you'd see more overtaking and differences between car / team performance on different tracks.

These homologated into exact sameness cars are really not very interesting to watch racing. I think there is just a massive amount of things wrong with motor sport regulations right now. For instance, if you want to promote development of alternative drive technologies for improved efficiency / reduced emissions, having the engine designs so very tightly set is not the way to go. Even in WEC you have to use pistons and poppet valves and no exotic materials are allowed.

Pah, we need a new race formula with open technical regulations, and only limit the things that you really want to limit (such as top speed or max fuel flow or whatever), without resorting to ridiculous bans.

Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 04:35:36 »
The whole thing is a team sport, adding fuel, like DC said in his older blog, only reduces the role of the driver, it would cut down on over-taking because why run the risk of running a strategy that could cause a crash when you could avoid them on track all together?

Also, I was in favor of ground effect haha

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 06:00:39 »
The whole thing is a team sport, adding fuel, like DC said in his older blog, only reduces the role of the driver, it would cut down on over-taking because why run the risk of running a strategy that could cause a crash when you could avoid them on track all together?

Also, I was in favor of ground effect haha

So, do you think we should put everyone in exactly the same car and not have any pit stops at all? That would make it completely a driver's race like DC seems to be wanting.

F1 has teams. It's not just a driver's formula, in fact the driver's championship is only one part of it and a part with a bit too much focus IMHO. I really don't mind if the role of the driver is reduced a little, although in fact I suspect drivers would find the switch to a more strategised race to be more interesting and challenging, not less. Right now the only real strategy the teams have is about which tire compound you choose for which section of the race... it's like a train going round and round.

With cars too alike, one team will naturally have an advantage over the others because the configuration happens to play into their strengths. With many possible configurations, teams can choose a configuration that suits them more.

The teams need more options in terms of gaining competive advantages against other teams. They need to have more scope for innovation on more aspects of the car. The cars need to be more different from each other, with some teams having a completely different configuration. If a particular configuration proves to be have a massive advantage, then (many) teams will switch to it naturally, it doesn't need to be stipulated in the rules. Some teams will, however, stick with the "poorer" configuration and come up with other ways to make it competitive. As I said previously also, different configurations will suit some tracks better than others. This is how to encourage innovation in motor sport. It needs diversity.

If that happened, I would actually prefer to keep refueling banned and let the cars run the whole race with perhaps only one stop for tires if needed.

As a case in point, how many road cars are genuinely benefiting from all the fine playing around with tiny aspects of the aero of an F1 car? None that I can think of.

Could cars benefit from more finely developed four wheel drive, or movable aero components, or active suspension, or alternative engine designs, or alternative valve train designs, or underside aero, or exotic material engine components (like ceramics, polymers, composites, etc.)? Hell yes.

Yes, I totally agree with you about ground effect. However, I still think the only way to really take full advantage of ground effect is to pair it with active suspension, and we appear to differ on that point.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 06:18:42 »
Sometimes, you go off on a random tangent and don't seem to make any sense... who said anything about making all the cars the same, who said the WCC wasn't important?

I wasn't anti-active suspension, i just didn't see a good reason for it to come back. GE should be brought back, to some extent, I just don't know how much and what is required, if AS is required to make it viable then it would probably jack the price up which would hurt the smaller teams (assuming refueling goes ahead).

I think F1 is fine as it is. Reduce the front wing aero, make the cars faster and distribute the money more evenly.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 06:32:13 »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 07:20:46 »
Well, I'm a grumpy "old" man with an axe to grind. I see F1 as a great opportunity to make things better for people through technical innovation and not just as entertainment, but having seen it slowly degrade into what it is now, a money-spinner for Bernie with very little value for anything else and having seen car technologies stagnate in the meantime, just gets my goat.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 07:24:26 »
Well, I'm a grumpy "old" man with an axe to grind. I see F1 as a great opportunity to make things better for people through technical innovation and not just as entertainment, but having seen it slowly degrade into what it is now, a money-spinner for Bernie with very little value for anything else and having seen car technologies stagnate in the meantime, just gets my goat.

I still think you confuse F1 with the LMP project...

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 08:57:41 »

Said it before, will say it again: F1 has the money to do it, WEC / LMP doesn't. And F1 is meant to be the top racing formula with the most cutting edge tech / best engineering, at least that's how I and many others interpret "the highest class of single-seat auto racing". The opportunity is there and to continue to see the sport only as "entertainment" and not allow it to benefit humanity in any other meaningful way is really very short-sighted.

Look at what it did for turbos, fuel injection and traction control in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. Our cars would not be as fuel efficient or safe without the development work done in F1 on these technologies during that time.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 09:03:54 »

F1 has the money to do it, WEC / LMP doesn't. .

???

Also F1 is the top racing formula with the most cutting edge tech / best engineering. It also has the fastest cars and the best drivers in the world (bar maybe some WRC guys)...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 05:46:00 »
http://gpda.motorsport.com/

Have you say on the future of F1 with the GPDA questionnaire!

And as we build up to the Monaco GP it looks like it's going to be a dry race. Hell not even the GP race managed to excite much... let's hope for some rain mid way through the afternoon or something...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 08:25:19 »

And as we build up to the Monaco GP it looks like it's going to be a dry race. Hell not even the GP race managed to excite much... let's hope for some rain mid way through the afternoon or something...

Just did the survey. I like how it was advertised as "have your say on what you would like to happen in the sport" and it boils down to 10 ideas that you have to say if you like or dislike them. I can't stand double points. The same cars would also be stupid, but I like the thought of salary caps.

You gotta hope for something at Monaco...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 08:28:25 »

Just did the survey. I like how it was advertised as "have your say on what you would like to happen in the sport" and it boils down to 10 ideas that you have to say if you like or dislike them. I can't stand double points. The same cars would also be stupid, but I like the thought of salary caps.

You gotta hope for something at Monaco...

pretty much the same yeah... I mean some input is better than nothing.
I have low hopes for the race though, in a dry race the only thing that can spice it up is the odd crash, T1 pile up and mechanical failures... praying for rain!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 09:01:19 »
F1 2015 The Official Game Teaser Trailer

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6483/f1-2015-teaser-trailer-and-screenshots

Good thing Project Cars is out lmao

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 09:31:10 »
Well at least they have player models this time hah.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 02:26:34 »
The only thing I can't stand about Lewis Hamilton is that he's an Arsenal fan... Sigh...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 04:33:47 »
Well ATM he looks like he's on it, faster than Nico on every run by about half a second... Bring on quali!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 04:46:04 »

Now that would be a hell of a quali result!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 05:00:16 »
One of the guys at work has brought a hacked Amazon Fire stick so we can watch it this weekend :3

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 08:17:23 »

BOOM!!!! ****ing hell yeah!!!!
Now that was a quali session! Now we just need for it to properly rain for tomorrow and we might have a hell of a race on our hands.
But gutted for Jenson, typical Nico ****ing up quali for a Brit tho

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 08:33:29 »
Show Image

BOOM!!!! ****ing hell yeah!!!!
Now that was a quali session! Now we just need for it to properly rain for tomorrow and we might have a hell of a race on our hands.
But gutted for Jenson, typical Nico ****ing up quali for a Brit tho

Managed to watch it and it was pretty good. But yeah, Nico ruining what could have been a saviour of a lap from JB.

Here's hoping Nico goes into a wall during lap one tomorrow.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #222 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 07:15:29 »
Had a fiver on a Lotus to retire first at 6/1

I was honestly surprised the odds were so high.

Edit: sorry, 6/1
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2015, 07:21:50 by katushkin »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 08:49:02 »
Unbelievable.

Un-****ing-believable.

How can you even justify that pitting decision??

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 08:50:21 »
I don't watch any car racing, but my pops told me he drinks from 8am til midnight today due to so much good racing to watch.

What am I missing?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:12:54 »
It was intentional to gift the win to Nico. German team want a German WDC, they know he's not capable of it on the track so they have to manufacture it through the stops.

Amazing, it's pretty inspirational how they managed to intentionally throw away a 1-2 and take away Lewis's win. He was the best driver all weekend, did nothing wrong, wasn't under any pressure at any part of the race and bang, had the win taken away from him by his 'team'.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #226 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:22:07 »
It was intentional to gift the win to Nico. German team want a German WDC, they know he's not capable of it on the track so they have to manufacture it through the stops.

Amazing, it's pretty inspirational how they managed to intentionally throw away a 1-2 and take away Lewis's win. He was the best driver all weekend, did nothing wrong, wasn't under any pressure at any part of the race and bang, had the win taken away from him by his 'team'.

As horrible and as stupid as it sounds, that is probably the only explanation.

What am I missing?

Arguably the best single-seater drivers in the world.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:23:05 »
I guess I missed the best part. I'll try to watch the American stuff later, I suppose.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:29:17 »

What am I missing?

Arguably the best single-seater drivers in the world.

I'm getting down voted to **** by all the Nico and Vettel fans on Reddit but how do you logic out that as a mistake?

>they knew for a fact that Nico wasn't going to pit
>they could see that Ferrari wernt going to pit
>they could see from the data Lewis has been picked up by the VSC and then the SC before he pitted, reducing his lead
>they could see Lewis had been faster than everyone all dat long
>they knew he had better tire deg than Nico because he wasn't under any pressure at any point
>they knew he had track position
>they knew it was the ending phase of the race and a max of 10-12 laps left after the SC would come in

They knew all this as fact, hell we knew all that as fact and we get hardly any data compared to the teams, yet they pitted him anyway.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:31:29 »
Niki Lauda was not happy about that decision.
It seems like it was partly Hamilton's call but his team should have told him that that Vettel wasn't pitting!
I guess I missed the best part. I'll try to watch the American stuff later, I suppose.
The Canadian GP is in two weeks.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:34:48 »
>fresh tires
>winning the race

>fresh tires please!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:45:31 »
that was  fun to watch, I was like "what the ****? what in the hell that pit for??"

Even though I like Nico better, that was still a 1-2 winning throw away, and a 20 points lost for Hamilton, I feel bad for him actually
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:46:30 »
Race was total ****, like every other dry Monaco, the result only made it worse.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 09:50:32 »
yes, the Lewis pit and lost is just the only notable point of the race, anything else was just as boring as usual
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #234 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 10:03:17 »
There is no way that the Mercedes team were naive enough to think that LH could overtake Nico with even 10 laps to go at Monaco.

Everyone else is doing a one stop, you have your lead slashed by a safety car, and you decide to go into the pits. You always run the risk of having to stop for other cars, and that Sauber coming past him when he was leaving basically meant he was beaten by Vettel.

I just seriously can't believe it.

Race was total ****, like every other dry Monaco, the result only made it worse.

QFT

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #235 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 01:14:09 »
What happened to Williams? :( Not a great race for Finnish fans. Is Kimi still using the old aero package and Vettel the new?

Watched the start and the end. Missed the Hamilton pit drama. No regrets, although I feel bad for Hamilton. Nico did not deserve the win and Lewis did not deserve the 3rd place.

Monaco is a good case for refueling. Without it, the final positions will be almost identical to the start positions. It's one where pit strategy has way more effect on the outcome than car performance.

I'm considering switching my race watching time to WRC highlights instead of F1 if the Canadian GP is another "train". IMO, WRC has better drivers showing some truly amazing skill. Could just be that the style of racing makes it more obvious, harder to make the skills visible in track racing, I guess.

Oh, and I started to do the online questionnaire thing.....

I may complete it one day over a good coffee, but DAYUM it's got a lot of questions. At least the more they ask, the more accurately you can share your opinions, I guess.

"A small team's ingenuity would be better expressed with less complex cars, and more mechanical grip instead of the artificial grip generated by lots of downforce. And if we're talking about reducing lap times, let's not forget that 80% of a car's performance is dependent on the tyres. So let's go with bigger tyres, more efficient, with an aggressive look but a lot less sophisticated." - Alain Prost

http://en.f1i.com/magazine/13021-alain-prost-qa-f1-just-shot-itself-in-the-foot.html

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 May 2015, 01:46:53 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 03:01:34 »
Anyone else notice McLaren got their first season points? Took me a while to realise :)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #237 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 04:43:50 »
Oobly for real, what the **** are you talking about?

Monaco is a **** race if it's dry, always has been always will be. Refuelling won't and never did change that. On top of that the Canadian GP is usually one of the best of the year and nothing like Monaco.

WRC drivers are the only other racing drivers that are at the same level as F1 drivers, but time trial racing and track racing are not similar in any real way.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 04:44:45 »
I don't mean to have a go or out, but really, sometimes you do talk utter nonsense lol

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:24:55 »
Oobly for real, what the **** are you talking about?

Monaco is a **** race if it's dry, always has been always will be. Refuelling won't and never did change that. On top of that the Canadian GP is usually one of the best of the year and nothing like Monaco.

WRC drivers are the only other racing drivers that are at the same level as F1 drivers, but time trial racing and track racing are not similar in any real way.

With refueling:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Monaco_Grand_Prix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Monaco_Grand_Prix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Monaco_Grand_Prix

Without refueling:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Monaco_Grand_Prix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Monaco_Grand_Prix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Monaco_Grand_Prix

Look at the qualifying positions vs race positions. Where's the nonsense?

Used to be a time when F1 cars were these high-tech, mysterious amazing machines with top secret under-the-hood bits and pieces that mortal men couldn't understand. Now they're not. I've lost a lot of my interest in the sport for various reasons, although I still consider myself a fan. The cars are boring (from a technology / innovation perspective) and the races are boring. You say F1 has the most cutting edge tech, but I just don't see it. What is there that's cutting edge in a modern F1 engine? Gearbox? Diff? Suspension? I admit the aero is cutting edge, because that's about the only area that teams still have freedom to develop in. And it's the most expensive, so the less well-heeled teams can't compete.

In 2007 they had the whole tire fiasco (Michelin dropping out and leaving only Bridgestone) and the engine "homologation" freeze, so the cars were much more similar to each other (and forced to use similar strategies) than previous years. I do think reintroducing different tire suppliers and having wider tires to improve cornering grip will help the situation more than allowing refueling, in agreement with Alain's comments (he doesn't think much of bringing back refueling), and that refueling won't entirely fix the problem, but it will go some way to making it better. The cars need to be made more different from each other somehow, not outright performance, but having different strengths in different areas, which is just not really possible with the current rules. I guess that's what I'm most upset about. The rules suck and as a result the formula has become boring to me.

Hoping the Canadian GP will be more interesting. With a more driver-oriented track, McLaren finally getting points, Williams apparently having an updated package for the race and some rather ...exciting in-team dynamics in Mercedes it SHOULD be better.

Team orders, 2015-style. ;) I hope Nico starts maturing soon. He's really rather a git in my eyes, not that that should really matter in pure racing, but still...

Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:48:26 »
Without going through every link you posted, the first race you chose to highlight, the first two positions were unchanged from quali...
And your point dosnt stack up to anything I've said anyway, the race (this weekend) had a lot of position changes, hell Saits went from the pits to score points! But the race was still ****.

Idk how long you've been watching F1 but if you can post a single good and exciting Monaco GP in the dry that came after the teams stopped using a different chassis for it and then be able to make out that refuelling had any impact then fair enough, otherwise plz

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 01:38:39 »
Without going through every link you posted, the first race you chose to highlight, the first two positions were unchanged from quali...
And your point dosnt stack up to anything I've said anyway, the race (this weekend) had a lot of position changes, hell Saits went from the pits to score points! But the race was still ****.

Idk how long you've been watching F1 but if you can post a single good and exciting Monaco GP in the dry that came after the teams stopped using a different chassis for it and then be able to make out that refuelling had any impact then fair enough, otherwise plz

Well, that depends on if you call a lot of retirements in a race "exciting"... there were more differences in final positions vs qualifying during the refueling era (especially in the late 90's), especially with different tire brands. If you like, you can do a statistical analysis, or simply look at the top 6 finishers in all the races. Lack of overtaking potential means a difference in car performance more likely results in a crash than on other tracks, so if you like you can use this as another metric.

Okay, forget the refueling. Let's de-homologate the chassis again... And bring in more tire suppliers and better quality tires. And open up the engine regs a bit, but keep the fuel flow limit.

Refueling does give you more scope for strategy and allows you to play to the particular strengths of your car, but there isn't enough scope in the rules to allow the cars to differ much anyway. Let's work on that first.

When I really think about it, it's the wrong regulation to change at this point. It won't make as much of a difference as they (and I) are hoping and will increase the cost AND environmental impact of the sport by a good chunk. I still think refueling is a good thing overall, in conjunction with other changes, to increase the scope for team strategy during a race, though.

Been following F1 since the early 80's...
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 03:15:32 »
I think I can mostly agree with that. I wasn't trying to say refueling wouldn't bring more strategy, more it wouldn't make the racing better. Like I said I think F1 atm is the best it's ever been, I don't think drastic changes are really needed.
I do think the one thing that can and will make a huge difference to the sport however, is the fair and even distribution of income.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #243 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 04:18:07 »
BOOM and we are back!! The Canadian Grand Prix!

Lewis having some choice words about Nico
and the full Drivers Thursday press conference featuring Lewis giving zero ****s and Massa and Max having some words!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #244 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 09:16:59 »
FP1 has started and after half a lap McLaren Honda has a gearbox problem, stuck in 2nd...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #245 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 10:34:47 »

Lewis beating Nico in Practice 1 while going backwards

« Last Edit: Fri, 05 June 2015, 11:25:59 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #246 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 04:17:03 »
Practice 2 was a bit more moist

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #247 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 13:19:38 »
BEAST

kimiwtf
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2015, 13:34:12 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #248 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:49:49 »
cor-blimey gov'nor luks like it's guna b'a cracker!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 02:00:09 »

Lewis bossed
Kimi ****ted
Vettel showed his ability
Alonso won our hearts