Author Topic: F1 2015  (Read 51505 times)

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: F1 2015
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 11:51:51 »
I love the Canadian Grand Prix but imo this year's was pretty boring with few exceptions (Massa on Ericsson, Vettel's climb through the field, rodents on track).
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 13:55:38 »
Yeah it was a dull race, Vettel kept it interesting but the race director for the broadcast was on form and total ****. We missed so much on the live feed because of his/her incompetence.

The best part of the race looking back though was how Lewis basically toyed with Nico, allowing him to get close but never close enough to do anything. He has total dominance over his team mate, it's insane really.

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 15:33:48 »
My stream wasn't great and I wasn't really paying attention as a result, so I can't comment on the broadcast. Lewis had a great drive and didn't let Monaco or the moment in FP2 get to him. I was surprised to hear about all the fuel saving on his team radio, then after said that he easily had enough to fend of any attack from Nico. Mind games or nah?

I love this race because of how hard it is on the cars but it's too bad only Mercedes had the straight line speed once again.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 06:52:30 »
Just going to leave this here;

http://hasmclarenhondawonyet.com/

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 06:56:46 »
I forgot to watch the race... Looks like I didn't miss much. Not sure I'm going to bother with the rest of the seasons races.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 07:04:25 »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 07:06:51 »
<double post>
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 07:03:46 »
And after a small break for Le Mans F1 is back mother-****ers!

Results from Free Practice 1 of the Austrian GP!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 15:34:03 »
And after a small break for Le Mans F1 is back mother-****ers!

Results from Free Practice 1 of the Austrian GP!

Show Image

Two gearbox faults for Vettel. A look into the strain the push is having on the Ferrari hardware?

Also, Massa almost killed the Ferrari principle as well hahaha  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 05:07:35 »
Well!! FP3 ended wet, so here's to hoping the track stays nice and wet for quali in 2 hours time!

Apart from that, Ferrari seem quick but I think Lewis has it covered and both Mclarens have 25 place grid penalties for the race. Still could be worse... I think

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #260 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 05:21:51 »
Well!! FP3 ended wet, so here's to hoping the track stays nice and wet for quali in 2 hours time!

Apart from that, Ferrari seem quick but I think Lewis has it covered and both Mclarens have 25 place grid penalties for the race. Still could be worse... I think

Seb needs a new gearbox, people are spinning out left and right, but yeah I think Lewis will take poll.

With the way they have been qualifying, they will probably only be able to serve about 5 of those penalty places. So that means a 10 second stop and go for each of them probably.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #261 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 06:17:11 »
Sky Sports is so ****ing awful. Sorry, not sorry, but really it's terrible.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #262 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 06:19:42 »
Why what's up now?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #263 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 06:31:59 »
The pundits are awful, the features are awkward and inappropriate, and the interviews are either really aggressive (in standard Sky style) or overly informal.

I don't know, it just distracts me from the event.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 08:02:22 »
That was an interesting ending.
One hell of a spin for Hamilton.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 08:07:42 »
That was an interesting ending.
One hell of a spin for Hamilton.

Chyeah. Really strange end. I bet Lewis thought he had lost pole when span off, only for Nico to dump it too.

Shows you how close they actually are between the perfect lap and screwing it up. One tire on the astro-turf, and he's off.

Well done to Nico Hulkenburg though, P5 and splitting the Williams is a seriously great result for Force India, especially with Perez in the bottom 5.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #266 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 08:09:12 »
Brundle > all other f1 pundits and commentators ever

But yeah, shame it didn't rain again but a good result!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #267 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 07:01:59 »
Brundle > all other f1 pundits and commentators ever

Two words: Murray. Walker.

We're almost ready to race. Only just turned it on so I don't know what the chances of rain are like.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #268 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 07:05:22 »
HOLY ****

I can't believe they haven't got a decent angle of that. WTF.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2015, 07:44:18 by katushkin »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #269 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 09:25:44 »
Had to watch most of the race on the way to the Airport, 4g is legit.

Race was pretty terrible from what I saw, Lewis for what ever reason had no answer to Nico. Bizarre one...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #270 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 09:28:06 »
Also Murray Walker is/was **** compared to MB. He got most things wrong, didn't have any technical or inside info and all his hype was mistimed or just in the wrong place. Crofty is better than MW, people just like nostalgia and remember him from the 'glory days'

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #271 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 09:37:48 »
Had to watch most of the race on the way to the Airport, 4g is legit.

Race was pretty terrible from what I saw, Lewis for what ever reason had no answer to Nico. Bizarre one...

It wasn't great. The middle pack battles were good as always, but yeah, the front was disappointing, and the McLarens had an awful day as always.

It almost seemed as if Lewis kept pace for a while, then his tires seemed to drop off ever so slightly, and he disappeared. Be interesting to see what the explanation is that comes out of Mercedes.

Also Murray Walker is/was **** compared to MB. He got most things wrong, didn't have any technical or inside info and all his hype was mistimed or just in the wrong place. Crofty is better than MW, people just like nostalgia and remember him from the 'glory days'

m8. r u hi

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #272 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 10:02:19 »
From Will Buxton's Twitter the Lewis's battle had three issues:

1. Early safety car stopped the early battle for the lead
2. Nico's in lap was slow and pretty bad so the team kept Lewis out for another lap in order to stop them coming out too close
3. Lewis's car has a new clutch (and has for the last 4 races) and has been unhappy with it and his starts since it was changed.

1 and 3 are what ever and more to do with being able to drive around an issue, but 2 seems like a pretty big issue going forward. Especially as they are now only 10points apart.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #273 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 10:26:56 »

2. Nico's in lap was slow and pretty bad so the team kept Lewis out for another lap in order to stop them coming out too close
3. Lewis's car has a new clutch (and has for the last 4 races) and has been unhappy with it and his starts since it was changed.

1 and 3 are what ever and more to do with being able to drive around an issue, but 2 seems like a pretty big issue going forward. Especially as they are now only 10points apart.

Well the safety car was a pain, but for whatever reason, the Mercedes at the front when the safety car disappears, always seems to pull away from the one behind it within a few corners. After a lap they always seem to be over a second ahead. It happened a couple of times already this season and last season with Lewis, he just disappeared.

I did notice his starts have been poor, and it was emphasized by the fact that you are almost at a disadvantage in Austria with 2nd place on the grid having the inside line into the short run up to the first corner. Usually his starts are really good, so I don't know why it's taken him so long to get used to the new clutch...

The in lap of Nico's was slow, which explains the lock up on the way into the pit lane (I was hoping he would get a penalty or his brakes would fail towards the end lol) but then his first full lap out afterwards was like a 1:11 something, which created an enormous gap between the two of them.

A perfect race from Nico tbh, can't fault him. I don't think Lewis will win the championship this year. As much as I want him to. I dunno, I've just got a feeling that the winds are changing.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #274 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 11:14:29 »

Well the safety car was a pain, but for whatever reason, the Mercedes at the front when the safety car disappears, always seems to pull away from the one behind it within a few corners. After a lap they always seem to be over a second ahead. It happened a couple of times already this season and last season with Lewis, he just disappeared.

I did notice his starts have been poor, and it was emphasized by the fact that you are almost at a disadvantage in Austria with 2nd place on the grid having the inside line into the short run up to the first corner. Usually his starts are really good, so I don't know why it's taken him so long to get used to the new clutch...

The in lap of Nico's was slow, which explains the lock up on the way into the pit lane (I was hoping he would get a penalty or his brakes would fail towards the end lol) but then his first full lap out afterwards was like a 1:11 something, which created an enormous gap between the two of them.

A perfect race from Nico tbh, can't fault him. I don't think Lewis will win the championship this year. As much as I want him to. I dunno, I've just got a feeling that the winds are changing.

He will, Nico has had some good races and good results but I don't think that one or two good performances will win him the Championship over Lewis.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #275 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 17:05:53 »
It's almost time mother ****ers for the Silverstone Grand Prix in the Kingdom of the United!!!

Starting it off with the new Manor livery!

yay

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 17:30:24 »
It's almost time mother ****ers for the Silverstone Grand Prix in the Kingdom of the United!!!

Show Image

yay

Well that's actually quite nice. I hope they give the guys new overalls as well, because the all white stuff looks like they are just randomers walked on to the track...

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 18:19:53 »

Show Image

yay
They put the names of everyone in the team on the cars.

Some rule changes.

McHonda will get one more engine this season, less pit-to-driver communication (starting from this year's Belgian GP).
The 2017 cars will have more downforce, be faster, and more aggressive looking.

The new proposed qualifying format for 2016 sounds like  bad idea. I get that they're trying to attract more viewers and all but qualifying should be about going flat out to get the best time without worrying about other drivers.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 01:06:04 »
The rule changes for 2017 have been talked about a lot. They want to make them 4-5 seconds faster than the current cars, which would only put them in the ball park of the 2013 cars, they should be IMO aiming for the 2002 cars lap times...

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 03:58:00 »
Yay! The "new floor shape" piqued my interest. Sound like some good changes.

Kimi's not having the best of luck this season and if it continues this way, Bottas may well come 4th again this year. I really hope Williams gets closer to Mercedes performance with the new rule changes so he has a real chance for the championship next year (assuming he stays with them, which I think is likely).
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 04:32:32 »
Kimi's been a joke this year, Vettel has made him look a chump

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 07:20:59 »
the new car part sounds interesting, hope the Ferrari's concept could really turn into something

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 07:26:05 »
the new car part sounds interesting, hope the Ferrari's concept could really turn into something

Show Image

The thing I don't like about this design is the rear end and the enclosed wheels, F1 cars should be able to interlock wheels, it creates opportunities for moves and skill that don't or can't exist in other series. Take Massa's move at Canada for example, he couldn't have done that in the car above as they would have collided.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 07:30:11 »
I don't like it either, the concept is like an example, the point is it's interesting to see a big change in F1 car design since the current one is turning boring and looks exactly a car skeleton that can race to the people who aren't watching the sport
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #284 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 07:33:07 »
IMO they should make the cars look like the 2008 cars;

except making the aero less efficient, and giving the cars more mechanical grip. Would improve the speed without stopping or limiting on track action

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #285 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 07:39:32 »
Oops forgot to post Free Practice 1 results!

Also worth noting that Nico's gearbox had an oil leak which had to be fixed so he missed half the session. But in the process after the car was recovered, Merc covered up the car in blankets which the FIA are now investigating

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 10:11:59 »
Wind was more of a problem in FP2

Alonso showing the kids how to really rally

https://vid.me/t6hp

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 11:07:05 by baldgye »

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 15:01:02 »

Show Image

except making the aero less efficient, and giving the cars more mechanical grip. Would improve the speed without stopping or limiting on track action
The geometry of those cars were way too complicated.
Apart from the nose I like this year's cars.

The plans to reintroduce refueling for 2017 have been abandoned.
Full text here if you don't want to click the link.
More
Formula 1 bosses have decided to abandon plans to reintroduce refuelling from 2017.

The idea was proposed in May but investigations revealed it would lead to a drop in on-track overtaking and too little variation in strategies.
It was dropped at a meeting of the strategy group of leading teams and officials on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone is pushing to impose an engine freeze in a bid to make racing more competitive.
The 84-year-old's proposal is to impose an upper limit on the performance of engines and allow manufacturers who are not yet at that level to develop until they meet it.
The idea is to give Renault and Honda, who are lagging behind at the moment, the chance to catch up with Mercedes and Ferrari.
Mercedes are pushing against the idea.
These were just two of the issues to emerge from the strategy group meeting on Wednesday at which bosses have agreed to reduce driver aids so the role of the driver is enhanced in F1.

Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff said: "The racing drivers are the main cast of the show, so let's put more responsibility back to the racing driver.
"We want more variability and less predictability. In order to achieve that, maybe there should be less scientific approach to racing, and more the race driver responsible for his racing."
Some changes on this front are planned for as soon as the Belgian Grand Prix on 21-23 August.
"What is feasible for Spa we will do to reduce to the minimum," Wolff said. "Whatever is not feasible we will do properly for 2016."
By next year, information such as tyre pressures and temperatures and brake condition will be available to the driver on his dashboard but not fed to him by the team.
Bosses also discussed ways of changing the format of race weekends, among them the possibility of a shorter race on a Saturday in addition to the main grand prix on a Sunday.
Ecclestone is said not to be in favour of introducing a second race for all the field, but one idea that could be pursued is a race for third cars and junior drivers, with the best allowed to then take part in the grand prix on Sunday.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 15:22:40 »

Show Image

The geometry of those cars were way too complicated.
Apart from the nose I like this year's cars.

The plans to reintroduce refueling for 2017 have been abandoned.
Full text here if you don't want to click the link.
More
Formula 1 bosses have decided to abandon plans to reintroduce refuelling from 2017.

The idea was proposed in May but investigations revealed it would lead to a drop in on-track overtaking and too little variation in strategies.
It was dropped at a meeting of the strategy group of leading teams and officials on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone is pushing to impose an engine freeze in a bid to make racing more competitive.
The 84-year-old's proposal is to impose an upper limit on the performance of engines and allow manufacturers who are not yet at that level to develop until they meet it.
The idea is to give Renault and Honda, who are lagging behind at the moment, the chance to catch up with Mercedes and Ferrari.
Mercedes are pushing against the idea.
These were just two of the issues to emerge from the strategy group meeting on Wednesday at which bosses have agreed to reduce driver aids so the role of the driver is enhanced in F1.

Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff said: "The racing drivers are the main cast of the show, so let's put more responsibility back to the racing driver.
"We want more variability and less predictability. In order to achieve that, maybe there should be less scientific approach to racing, and more the race driver responsible for his racing."
Some changes on this front are planned for as soon as the Belgian Grand Prix on 21-23 August.
"What is feasible for Spa we will do to reduce to the minimum," Wolff said. "Whatever is not feasible we will do properly for 2016."
By next year, information such as tyre pressures and temperatures and brake condition will be available to the driver on his dashboard but not fed to him by the team.
Bosses also discussed ways of changing the format of race weekends, among them the possibility of a shorter race on a Saturday in addition to the main grand prix on a Sunday.
Ecclestone is said not to be in favour of introducing a second race for all the field, but one idea that could be pursued is a race for third cars and junior drivers, with the best allowed to then take part in the grand prix on Sunday.

That's why I loved those cars... if you compare the 2008 cars to anything else, they look like ****ing space ships

I mean look at that ****, looks like something from another world

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #289 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 05:14:19 »
Lewis leads FP3;
HAM 1'32.917 ROS 1'33.469 RAI 1'33.692 VET 1'33.918 VER 1'34.147

Quali for the British GP is less than an hour away!!
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2015, 05:17:11 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #290 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 09:01:29 »
And Lewis has done it! Home pole position!

That pole position puts him third ever of all time number of pole positions, behind Senna and Schummacher !

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 06:50:05 »
10mins till the start! Remember all UK chaps, it's being broadcast live on BBC1

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 08:40:01 »
What a race! Easily the best race of the season and a brilliant result! Get in there!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 16:38:00 »
Amazing race and a great result, the fans and support at Silverstone is akin to Monza and really shows that you might make a billion dollar circuit and city in the desert for a race and build the most amazing track, but it's the fans that make it special.

Hearing the roar of the crowd when Lewis came out of the pits into the lead was amazing, the sound was similar to being in a football stadium after someone's scored a goal, was really amazing.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 17:18:14 »
I didn't get to watch the end as the gf forced me out of the house to go shopping... But I saw it up until just before the rain arrived... I'm going to have to watch the last 45 minutes on catch up at a later date.

Really chuffed Lewis got it. Mercedes make up for terrible strategy in Monaco with great strategy in Silverstone.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 02:13:48 »
RIP Jules :(

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #296 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 02:16:34 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #297 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 02:34:45 »
It was inevitable, tbh its good news for his family, now they can finally greve for him and move on with there lives. It's very sad to loose another driver and just shows that F1 still has a lot of room to improve safety.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 02:54:39 »
It was inevitable, tbh its good news for his family, now they can finally greve for him and move on with there lives. It's very sad to loose another driver and just shows that F1 still has a lot of room to improve safety.

Well, I wouldn't say good news... but yeah, like you say, they can start grieving properly now.

Now all we need is for Schumacher to recover and we can all stop worrying...

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #299 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 04:13:34 »
It had seemed like there was no hope for anywhere near a full recovery for Bianchi.... maybe in a way it is for the best. There was an interview recently with his father who said he would have hated to not be able to live a full life.