Author Topic: [TMK] HHKB Alt Controller  (Read 240710 times)

Offline nathanchere

Re: [TMK] HHKB Alt Controller
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 04:08:50 »
hi, hasu. I am making that ble version and firstly big thanks for your work on it.
I have a question that how you confirmed the hhkb should work with 5v. Maybe I can get some advice from you.
I used 5v at the beginning. But some day I just wanted to (maybe just want to find something to do) have a try how low the voltage can be when it works. I found that it can work with 3.3v.  Then I began to make new version and test with it. Yes, it works fine with both my HHKB Pro2 and JP(both type-s). Pro2 is already daily used for 13 days(without charging).

here is the 6th ver I made. It still keep 5v on it. But if it realy works well with only 3.3v, I may remove the 5v part next version.
BTW, FC660C works with only 3.3v well too.
(Attachment Link)

Super exciting news :D  Sorry for the ignorant question but what is the inner USB socket for?

I will post more infomation after it is done.

Offline yangdigi

« Reply #601 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 02:25:39 »
hi, hasu. I am making that ble version and firstly big thanks for your work on it.
I have a question that how you confirmed the hhkb should work with 5v. Maybe I can get some advice from you.
I used 5v at the beginning. But some day I just wanted to (maybe just want to find something to do) have a try how low the voltage can be when it works. I found that it can work with 3.3v.  Then I began to make new version and test with it. Yes, it works fine with both my HHKB Pro2 and JP(both type-s). Pro2 is already daily used for 13 days(without charging).

here is the 6th ver I made. It still keep 5v on it. But if it realy works well with only 3.3v, I may remove the 5v part next version.
BTW, FC660C works with only 3.3v well too.
(Attachment Link)

Super exciting news :D  Sorry for the ignorant question but what is the inner USB socket for?

I will post more infomation after it is done.
Inner USB Disk and its power is controlled by keyboard.
217390-0

Offline edencao

« Reply #602 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 17:16:38 »
I have received your board and it's works fine.Thanks for your work!
By the way,is there some plan to upgrade bluetooth to v4.x?

Offline menuhin

« Reply #603 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 04:32:25 »
Yang's project added some nice extra features to the bluetooth controller.

Here're some questions:

1. the cables coming out of the socket circled on the right are quite crowded, you may turn the socket 180 or 90.
2. What are these LEDs for? Just bugging for the project for yourself or there's some LED features?
3. Is the switch on the left going to face outward of the case in the final versions?

More

I am also interested in how long you can foresee to stay inside the community to maintain contact for aftersales technical issues.
Wishlist: 1) hotswap boards for MX and for Alps; 2) Alps64; 3) Universal Teensy convertor; 3) Quack & Split Planck; 4) Solid cases like TX
More
Wishful-list: 1) HASU BT battery lasts a year; 2) ABS Shine-proof/PBT DoubleShot spherical; 3) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 4) Endgame
IBM M13 black
IBM SpaceSaver II
IBM KPD8923 Trackpoint
Choc mini Gateron black
PLUM 84 'Topre-clone' 55g Korean dome
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[typing slowly at ~80WPM, in love with Emacs, and growing in Lisp]

Offline jgogstad

« Reply #604 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 12:09:38 »
Hi,

I received my hasu controller a couple of weeks ago for my HHKB2, and it worked perfectly. I flashed it twice, and now it has stopped working. The keyboard does not send events when I use it, and I don't seem to be able to contact it:

Code: [Select]
$ dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase --force
dfu-programmer: no device present.

I have probably done something wrong, but I have no idea what as it worked the first time. I understand this is a very general error scenario, but do you have any tips on debugging it or resetting the firmware?

Some random facts and observations that might help

* The LED is orange when I plug in the keyboard, so the cable seems to work
* On macOS
* Using USB controller for HHKB Pro2

I've tried pushing the red button and doing the LSHIFT+RSHIFT+Fn+P combination to no avail.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #605 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 18:26:44 »
I think you already check first post but you may want to check it again, especially 'TROUBLESHOOT' section.
And refer to this about how to flash with dfu-programmer.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki#dfu-programmer-for-windows-mac-and-linux

Did you try adding 'sudo' to the command?

Just push red button and then run commands. It should work.

[EDIT] And use proper firmware for your controller.
USB Alt controller has no orange LED and it is green which turns on only when capslock is activated.
yours is Bluetooth one, perhaps?

Hi,

I received my hasu controller a couple of weeks ago for my HHKB2, and it worked perfectly. I flashed it twice, and now it has stopped working. The keyboard does not send events when I use it, and I don't seem to be able to contact it:

Code: [Select]
$ dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase --force
dfu-programmer: no device present.

I have probably done something wrong, but I have no idea what as it worked the first time. I understand this is a very general error scenario, but do you have any tips on debugging it or resetting the firmware?

Some random facts and observations that might help

* The LED is orange when I plug in the keyboard, so the cable seems to work
* On macOS
* Using USB controller for HHKB Pro2

I've tried pushing the red button and doing the LSHIFT+RSHIFT+Fn+P combination to no avail.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 July 2019, 18:30:26 by hasu »
TMK products:HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C AltFC980C Alt

Offline giammin

« Reply #606 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 02:35:49 »
USB Alt controller has no orange LED and it is green which turns on only when capslock is activated.
yours is Bluetooth one, perhaps?

lol

Offline Altis

« Reply #607 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 16:33:08 »
Received my HHKB Pro 2 USB controllers. Installed and flashed without issues.

Really nice to be able to customize it a little bit. My biggest issue was with the navigation keys, so I created a Layer 2 using the Right OS key (the diamond one) and the existing arrow keys for PgUp/Home/End/PgDown. This lets me navigate quickly with either Fn or Right OS key (pinky and thumb naturally sit on) while leaving my hands on the arrow diamond.

Thanks Hasu!
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Keytrak (Blue Alps) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- G80-1800 (MX Blue) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad