Author Topic: ===== Clearing Up My Name - SYNJIN ========  (Read 9610 times)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: ===== Clearing Up My Name - SYNJIN ========
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 07:26:50 »

He said it was pending because the other person didn't have the cash yet so I had no idea if it was paid or not. That can't really be considered a scam.

To me "pending" means "someone else is buying it and we are in the process and if it all falls through then it is reopened to someone else".  Not "someone has bid the agreed upon selling price but it is still open to higher bidders".

It's not my intention to derail your thread or your discussion. I understand that you want to explain what happened to those packages and for people to understand it wasn't your fault. I just would prefer if you didn't usurp pending transactions...maybe I'm naive in thinking that's the way it's supposed to work.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 07:29:52 »

He said it was pending because the other person didn't have the cash yet so I had no idea if it was paid or not. That can't really be considered a scam.

To me "pending" means "someone else is buying it and we are in the process and if it all falls through then it is reopened to someone else".  Not "someone has bid the agreed upon selling price but it is still open to higher bidders".

It's not my intention to derail your thread or your discussion. I understand that you want to explain what happened to those packages and for people to understand it wasn't your fault. I just would prefer if you didn't usurp pending transactions...maybe I'm naive in thinking that's the way it's supposed to work.

Hopefully lesson learned. Gotta learn from mistakes, right?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 07:38:34 »
Thanks for your support guys.
@Photek - thanks for reevaluating it based on actual facts this time. He did in fact choose to go that rout even if I insisted we find a middle ground. It wasn't really you but rather a few others. Epzy specifically sated that I m lying which I do not get since demik hates me for buying clacks well over market yet is fin with epzy doing the same exact thing. He also called me a list together with a few others when all the info they have aren't even accurate or true. Thank you again for retracting your previous claim.

I don't hate you for buying a damn thing. It's not coming out of my pocket so why should I care? And I've made fun of epzy numerous times for the **** he spends his money on. Like photek I just found it shady that everybody had to take a loss but you for bad shipping. And after 2-3 times how on earth would somebody not question it? If I'm wrong, fine, I admit I'm wrong. Don't punish people for the risk YOU take.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 08:30:00 »
I'm still lookin for the cash. Nobody wants to buy my **** now.

And yeah, I did that. It was an accident. I'll make a formal WTS thread later today and dump most of my collection. You'll get your refund then.

Entirely my fault for making myself too busy and being to lazy to just do it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 08:32:36 by TacticalStache »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 08:34:11 »
@Photek - thanks for reevaluating it based on actual facts this time. He did in fact choose to go that rout even if I insisted we find a middle ground. It wasn't really you but rather a few others. Epzy specifically sated that I m lying which I do not get since demik hates me for buying clacks well over market yet is fin with epzy doing the same exact thing. He also called me a list together with a few others when all the info they have aren't even accurate or true. Thank you again for retracting your previous claim.

I don't hate you for buying a damn thing. It's not coming out of my pocket so why should I care? And I've made fun of epzy numerous times for the **** he spends his money on. Like photek I just found it shady that everybody had to take a loss but you for bad shipping. And after 2-3 times how on earth would somebody not question it? If I'm wrong, fine, I admit I'm wrong. Don't punish people for the risk YOU take.

if things get lost or damaged in the post, shouldn't it be the responsibility of the company sending it to reimburse you or anyone else?
I'm currently going through the process of getting money back on a package UPS damaged, the shop I got it from refunded me half the cost as a token of generosity but I'm still battling with UPS.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 08:36:10 »
and I can't find the bro anywhere in my house either, so I don't know what the **** happened
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 08:59:19 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:04:20 by esoomenona »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:02:25 »
if things get lost or damaged in the post, shouldn't it be the responsibility of the company sending it to reimburse you or anyone else?
I'm currently going through the process of getting money back on a package UPS damaged, the shop I got it from refunded me half the cost as a token of generosity but I'm still battling with UPS.

Absolutely not. That's why insurance exists. Maybe some larger companies who can afford to take a loss here and there offer these sorts of deals as a way to show good customer service, but it's unreasonable to expect someone who packaged a product in good shape to be held accountable for a large number of handling and other damaging aspects that they can't control.

Suggestions for future transactions:
- Force insurance buy on "artisan" caps (possibly anything. Sad it has to come to this on this site, but adapt or die).

- Truly consider your packaging: I ALWAYS wrapped them very well in bubble wrap, then tape the bubble wrap all around so nothing can escape. Then tape up the box. (I would also do some better box taping. For example, wrap tape all the way around in both length and width of box to help secure against any tearing. I think this is hard to do internationally, since you can't have the outside taped up, I believe? But they have this sticky paper wrapping that you can use).

On the note of bubble wrap, make sure to wrap them very well. I mean, enough that the bubble wrap also offers some cushion when compressing the box on it's weak sides. That way, it is less likely to tear. Bubble wrap is cheap. Use it. Charge more for shipping if need be.

- Truly consider who you do deals with. It might be nice to get the most amount of money from someone, but you might not be dealing with the best people you could be.

Recently got novelty cap from moose, 10/10 packaging.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:07:26 »

Absolutely not. That's why insurance exists. Maybe some larger companies who can afford to take a loss here and there offer these sorts of deals as a way to show good customer service, but it's unreasonable to expect someone who packaged a product in good shape to be held accountable for a large number of handling and other damaging aspects that they can't control.

- Force insurance buy on "artisan" caps (possibly anything. Sad it has to come to this on this site, but adapt or die).

- Truly consider your packaging: I ALWAYS wrapped them very well in bubble wrap, then tape the bubble wrap all around so nothing can escape. Then tape up the box. (I would also do some better box taping. For example, wrap tape all the way around in both length and width of box to help secure against any tearing. I think this is hard to do internationally, since you can't have the outside taped up, I believe? But they have this sticky paper wrapping that you can use).

On the note of bubble wrap, make sure to wrap them very well. I mean, enough that the bubble wrap also offers some cushion when compressing the box on it's weak sides. That way, it is less likely to tear. Bubble wrap is cheap. Use it. Charge more for shipping if need be.

- Truly consider who you do deals with. It might be nice to get the most amount of money from someone, but you might not be dealing with the best people you could be.

Got novelty cap from moose in 2013, can confirm 10/10 packaging.  Also has his **** together when it comes to PMs for requesting payment and such.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:07:57 »

- Force insurance buy on "artisan" caps (possibly anything. Sad it has to come to this on this site, but adapt or die). I used to ask if they wanted to purchase insurance, and let them know what they're taking on not doing so. Of course, I've dealt with people who ALWAYS wanted insurance. Those people were the smart ones.

My body knows no limits when it comes to bubblewrap and tape.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:13:52 »

- Force insurance buy on "artisan" caps (possibly anything. Sad it has to come to this on this site, but adapt or die). I used to ask if they wanted to purchase insurance, and let them know what they're taking on not doing so. Of course, I've dealt with people who ALWAYS wanted insurance. Those people were the smart ones.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:26:01 »
If you havin' cap problems, I feel bad for you, Syn.

I got 99 problems, but a clack aint one.

Seriously, though... if it has come to this already in your short GH life... just stop buying/trading. You will freak and have a sell-off eventually anyhow. It is inevitable.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:30:43 »

Seriously, though... if it has come to this already in your short GH life... just stop buying/trading. You will freak and have a sell-off eventually anyhow. It is inevitable.

But nobody will be able to afford $500 clacks! :P

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:33:25 »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

+1 we are going to need pics for verification of your bubble wrap mummification.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:38:53 »

Mine was wrapped in a tortilla. 10/10 edible clack.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:43:55 »

I think it is no problem to outside tape - at least in my case - and I do that, but mostly only once or twice. I think my package was opened by force and not by accident (not from Synjin). Maybe as I said before from someone else. My package also was sent with insurance, and tracked, but seems to be not delivered at all (screenshot from today, May 21st):

As I looked on the USPS site I can't reclaim with an 'Priority International Parcel' since I am not from the US. The insurance was from the Austrian post service, and also sent as priority package.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:48:30 by madhias »
... ...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:44:36 »
I don't remember anyone calling you a scammer Syn, just demik calling you shady.  And it's a shady thing to buy a Clack out from under someone.

Before this thread, I had no feelings one way or the other.  My stance had always just been that those who buy and sell Clacks and Bros at inflated prices on here are a cancer and make GH a worse place.  In the end, it becomes about profit and making the most off of people instead instead of community.  The former attracts parasites, scanners, abd shady people looking to score off of easy marks, the latter encourages people.

Some seriously good advice right there. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:48:38 by nubbinator »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:45:10 »

I think it is no problem to outside tape - at least in my case - and I do that, but mostly only once or twice. I think my package was opened by force and not by accident (not from Synjin). Maybe as I said before from someone else. My package also was sent with insurance, and tracked, but seems to be not delivered at all:

Show Image

As I looked on the USPS site I can't reclaim with an 'Priority International Parcel' since I am not from the US. The insurance was from the Austrian post service, and also sent as priority package.

My guess is customs cut it open to inspect it. The mint fell out and no one noticed, there was other stuff inside so they didn't think they lost anything.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:47:40 »
My guess is customs cut it open to inspect it. The mint fell out and no one noticed, there was other stuff inside so they didn't think they lost anything.

I think they took the Mint Gum set since it could be some new fancy designer drugs.
... ...

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 09:49:40 »

:))
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 10:50:27 »

I think they took the Mint Gum set since it could be some new fancy designer drugs.

There’s a custom declaration form. Did you put “computer keyboard keys”? I insist on people declaring this before sending to me and I don’t have issues with our custom inspecting.

Offline tbc

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 11:25:53 »

There’s a custom declaration form. Did you put “computer keyboard keys”? I insist on people declaring this before sending to me and I don’t have issues with our custom inspecting.

how does someone end up NOT putting this on?

i've had to fill out that freaking cn22 so many times -_-
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 12:32:10 »

Before this thread, I had no feelings one way or the other.  My stance had always just been that those who buy and sell Clacks and Bros at inflated prices on here are a cancer and make GH a worse place.  In the end, it becomes about profit and making the most off of people instead instead of community.  The former attracts parasites, scanners, abd shady people looking to score off of easy marks, the latter encourages people.

Sentence one seems contradictory to the rest.
RETIRED

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 12:52:26 »

Racist!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 12:57:26 »
Edit

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:00:53 »

Please explain to me how I'm punishing others and how is that shady in any shape, way, or form when I clearly stated that I did contact and pilitely discussed other alternatives with both tactical and madhias? I even suggested that perhaps they can hold on to it and next time they win, they can just sell me a different item and pack it better so honestly I find that statement of yours to be untrue.
I'm still lookin for the cash. Nobody wants to buy my **** now.

And yeah, I did that. It was an accident. I'll make a formal WTS thread later today and dump most of my collection. You'll get your refund then.

Entirely my fault for making myself too busy and being to lazy to just do it.

I really have no issues with you taking your time as I mentioned several times to you in the past. As long as we find a solution that we will both be satisfied with, I will be fine with that unlike what the misinformed group of people think (I punish people for bad shipping) even if I have no way I could affect a package shipped to me before it gets to my doorstep.

I agree with this but I honestly do try to work things out between me and the seller I get something from.

+1 on packing. I got the chartreusse from moose and the packaging was good and it arrived very fast. I did consider my trades. This isn't about the reddit guy scamming me but rather me showing the public that the lies and the scammer claims against me are not true.

Honestly, feeling bad for someone doesn't mean   jump the blame train with your buddies especially when none of you have any evidence implying what you claim.

But nobody will be able to afford $500 clacks! :P

There's still 3Love and Epzy and many other users here  :p :p :p :p

I don't remember anyone calling you a scammer Syn, just demik calling you shady.  And it's a shady thing to buy a Clack out from under someone.

Some seriously good advice right there.

I just don't see how it is shady at all if I chose to work things out and was very understanding with what happened and I also was willing to work things out with both tactical and madhias in terms of finding a common ground we will be satisfied with. Perhaps the small group of people (You guys know who you are) can provide proof before claiming someone is a lier and a scammer especially since given your status in the community, people will believe your claims without a shred of proof.

I wish I took some screenies of those comments and replies on the thread prior to it being cleaned but I can assure you that not only was I directly called a lier without proof, I was also being called a scammer by implying it. If I do recall correctly, I was also directly called a scammer by one of you.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:06:55 »
I never called you a liar or a scammer. I'm not jumping on any train.

All I'm saying is that this is NO coincidence that this is happening to you, regardless of who is to blame for the shady parts.

Again... you have been shown MANY signs in just over half a year on here that all point towards a sad ending. Please be careful with how you spend your money and how you affect yourself and the community.

Just stop while you are behind.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:08:12 »
You can tape the outside of the box for International shipping. If customs decides to open it up, they have to re-tape it.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:08:16 »

All I'm saying is that this is NO coincidence that this is happening to you, regardless of who is to blame for the shady parts.

Again... you have been shown MANY signs in just over half a year on here that all point towards a sad ending. Please be careful with how you spend your money and how you affect yourself and the community.

I never said you specifically though you were siding with them with their claims based on your comment on the thread.

You can tape the outside of the box for International shipping. If customs decides to open it up, they have to re-tape it.

Some people claim that it is possible that customs opened it and didn't reseal it which is highly unlikely.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:10:37 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:04:52 by esoomenona »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:12:15 »

I never said you specifically though you were siding with them with their claims based on your comment on the thread.

I'm honestly just trying to look out for you. Read my posts and ignore who I get along with.

We've ALL seen this happen before. History repeats itself. You are perpetuating a cycle that drives up prices, creates pessimism, and just overall makes GH look bad. Imagine you were new to the forum and were watching spy the last few days and saw this. You'd think you couldn't get a clack for under $500 or that you'd guaranteed get jacked for your money or items. No matter your intention, this is how it looks.

I truly hope you figure it out and make as much of an attempt to talk with all of us more than you try to acquire the things we talk about.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:14:25 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:04:35 by esoomenona »

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 14:09:53 »
This is kinda Streisand effect-y.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 15:25:33 »

I'm honestly just trying to look out for you. Read my posts and ignore who I get along with.

We've ALL seen this happen before. History repeats itself. You are perpetuating a cycle that drives up prices, creates pessimism, and just overall makes GH look bad. Imagine you were new to the forum and were watching spy the last few days and saw this. You'd think you couldn't get a clack for under $500 or that you'd guaranteed get jacked for your money or items. No matter your intention, this is how it looks.

I truly hope you figure it out and make as much of an attempt to talk with all of us more than you try to acquire the things we talk about.
I do not like commenting on these threads and do not like getting involved in this type of thing. As I said before synjin besides a little misunderstanding you have been upfront with me, however I'm with abyss on this and as I counseled I would lock the thread obviously you are free to do what you want however at this point it seems a cry for attention or punishment ! I cannot tell you how to live your life or spend your money I can only tell you what I would have done In your stead. I would have pm'd all involved and concerned and try to hash things out quietly. If your goal was to clear your name and reputation I feel this thread is doing the opposite. I'm sorry this has happened to all involved and as said I really want things to work out for you but this is not proving or clearing anything IMHO. People new to this thread are not going to know all the details or what happened unless they were personally involved. I fear that people will see the words like scammer dishonest and liar and associate them with you as there is not enough clear information on these unfortunate situations.

Edit: I hope you are able to move on from this in a positive manner Syn you seem like a nice person and I really hope that you can get back to the enjoyment of collecting and keyboard enthusiasm that I'm sure is what drew you here in the first place. The large price tags being attached to some of these caps is corrupting and tainting this hobby that I have just recently come to love and I hate to see this community fostering this mindset and I am not surprised that it has attracted bottom feeders as greed usually does!
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 15:32:20 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 15:37:25 »
I try to but many of those involved have blocked me from receiving my messages not only recentky but months ago as well so it makes it quite difficult to do this in PM. Perhaps this thread should be an example of why there should be a rule that one must provide proof or any kind of evidence to support their claim prior to attempting to ruin someone else's reputation simply because they dislike that person or because they don't agree with how the person spends their time and money. A perfect example would be that epzy has had me on block for months yet he only recently (within this past week) unblocked me to ask if I could sell/trade him a clack.

UPDATE
Now it all makes sense. This situation as well as the fake allegations and slanderous claims occuring from demik, epzy, and his little gang of esteemed long time members was all a ruse because they thought I stole something at keycon which would be quite difficult since I was mainly talking to other people there the whole time to begin with.

I've had you blocked ever since you had a puny 100 posts. I unblocked you to see if you had an eyeland mx that a friend of mine thought had been stolen at keycon. I don't want an eyeland, and I sure as hell wouldn't let you PM me unless something important was going on.

Just because you are willing to hurt your reputation to steal something doesn't mean other people like me am willing as well.

Another Update

It appears that it really does make even more sense now. I am the one immediately blamed by his friend at keycon who lost an eyeland because epzy, demik, the guy who lost the cap at keycon and their small group have always hated me from the beginning. I wasn't even in to collecting these artisans yet back when i had 100 posts  :p I guess I was shady even back when I was new here.

Quote from: epzy
I've had you blocked ever since you had a puny 100 posts.

I unblocked you to see if you had an eyeland mx that a friend of mine thought had been stolen at keycon.

Clearly he was mistaken since you said yourself that he thought it had been stolen
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:37:13 by Synjin »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:05:50 »
Updated on a possible major reason how this all started.*

« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:33:53 by Synjin »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:33:47 »
More updates*

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:51:55 »
You don't really get to keep throwing things on the fire while the thread is locked.  If you want to lock it, lock it and be done.  If you want to continue the conversation, unlock it.