Author Topic: [GB] GMK RGBYK - shipped, received, over.  (Read 216237 times)

Offline shawn o

Re: [GB] GMK RGBYK - Orders open - Invoicing
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 16:09:10 »
paid! Thanks

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 19:11:12 »
How are we looking so far?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 19:19:18 »
We are working with GMK to get the payment sent. We would still love for the last few invoices to be paid, or if we can get about 15 more sets ordered to replace the unpaid invoices that would be great. We will leave the order form open for the time being.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 21:19:58 »
Ordering another set, seriously this need to happen

More support please :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline shawn o

« Reply #404 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 07:46:40 »
Are these available anywhere with white legends? I see Originative has them but they are for Topre.

Offline joey

« Reply #405 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 07:48:30 »
Are these available anywhere with white legends? I see Originative has them but they are for Topre.
For Topre..? Sure about that?

http://www.originativeco.com/collections/keysets/products/gmk-rgb
Says HHKB style... I think it means HHKB layout. Not topre.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 September 2015, 07:50:49 by joey »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #406 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 08:30:44 »

I have a set of the originative ones and they are most definitely for mx like all gmk keys

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #407 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 08:34:36 »
Yeah, I have the Originative ones as well (via Massdrop) and they're for MX.
If anyone can find some RGB for Topre that'd be great!

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #408 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 08:48:31 »

I can't believe GMK RGB Topre is exist

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #409 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 08:50:06 »

Eh, meant just plain RGB. Topre PBT?

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #410 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 08:56:45 »

Ah ah. But I don't see RGB Topre PBT...

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #411 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 12:00:02 »
Put in an order. :)

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 12:41:09 »

Ah ah. But I don't see RGB Topre PBT...
RGB Topre.... The dream

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #413 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 11:53:20 »
I wanted to let everyone know the current status of the GB.

So about 4 days ago, I received an email saying that the PP account used for the GB has had a hold placed on it.  There were 4 pieces of information I needed to confirm with PP in order to have the hold lifted.  One of those pieces of information was delivery conformations for about 20 orders. I contacted paypal and explained the purpose of the funds and why I will be unable to provide them with delivery info at this time.  On Friday, I received a phone call from the rep that is handling my case.  He informed me that since the account does not have a history of being a merchant, and due to the large amount of incoming funds, they placed a hold on it.  I explained the purpose again to him, and he said he understood.  He said that in order to release the funds, I would need to provide the shipping info.  So that basically means that I am unable to transfer any money out of the account, to GMK, until after the GB is completed and shipped.  He mentioned that it was a new policy that was recently implemented.  We are currently stuck, in terms of options.  I am going to call them again on Monday, and see if I can get some more information and try to resolve this issue.  Whatever happens, I will keep everyone informed and I am terribly sorry for all of this.  I spoke with a few GB runners prior to this, and none had ever ran into issues their first time.  The only thing that makes sense to me is the policy update he mentioned.  I have not been able to find this in the policy so I hope that I can get in touch with someone that is more willing to accommodate this than he was. 

I did ask him, in the event we have to refund all the orders, if the fees would be refunded as well.  He said that they would refund the exact amount that was paid through the invoice.  So the only other issue would be currency conversion.  Radio and I are trying to figure out the best way to do this, if we are unable to work it out with PP.  Worst case scenario is that we will have to provide the difference out of pocket for those orders.  Again, I am incredibly sorry for this.  I know there are a lot of people really interested in this GB, and we will do our best to make sure it happens.  Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury to pay GMK directly, or we would have explored that option already.

I will let you all know more once I have more info from PP.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #414 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 12:05:43 »

So about 4 days ago, I received an email saying that the PP account used for the GB has had a hold placed on it.  There were 4 pieces of information I needed to confirm with PP in order to have the hold lifted.  One of those pieces of information was delivery conformations for about 20 orders. I contacted paypal and explained the purpose of the funds and why I will be unable to provide them with delivery info at this time.  On Friday, I received a phone call from the rep that is handling my case.  He informed me that since the account does not have a history of being a merchant, and due to the large amount of incoming funds, they placed a hold on it.  I explained the purpose again to him, and he said he understood.  He said that in order to release the funds, I would need to provide the shipping info.  So that basically means that I am unable to transfer any money out of the account, to GMK, until after the GB is completed and shipped.  He mentioned that it was a new policy that was recently implemented.  We are currently stuck, in terms of options.  I am going to call them again on Monday, and see if I can get some more information and try to resolve this issue.  Whatever happens, I will keep everyone informed and I am terribly sorry for all of this.  I spoke with a few GB runners prior to this, and none had ever ran into issues their first time.  The only thing that makes sense to me is the policy update he mentioned.  I have not been able to find this in the policy so I hope that I can get in touch with someone that is more willing to accommodate this than he was. 

I did ask him, in the event we have to refund all the orders, if the fees would be refunded as well.  He said that they would refund the exact amount that was paid through the invoice.  So the only other issue would be currency conversion.  Radio and I are trying to figure out the best way to do this, if we are unable to work it out with PP.  Worst case scenario is that we will have to provide the difference out of pocket for those orders.  Again, I am incredibly sorry for this.  I know there are a lot of people really interested in this GB, and we will do our best to make sure it happens.  Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury to pay GMK directly, or we would have explored that option already.

wow, what a pain for you guys  :confused:

hope it gets sorted out

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] GMK RGBYK - On hold
« Reply #415 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 12:06:37 »
How exactly do they want to have those 20 deliveries confirmed?

I would declare I alreday got my kit if it helps :p

If they want actual tracking for the shipments, maybe it would be the cheapest solution to send 20 empty envelopes to users from the US.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #416 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 12:08:44 »

Thanks for the update and for all your efforts in trying to coordinate this! It sucks but I'm hoping something can get figured out to make this happen :)
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #417 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 12:09:27 »
How exactly do they want to have those 20 deliveries confirmed?

I would declare I alreday got my kit if it helps :p

If they want actual tracking for the shipments, maybe it would be the cheapest solution to send 20 empty envelopes to users from the US.
There need tracking info for a specific set of orders, many of which are overseas.  And they need delivery confirmation from the tracking.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #418 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 12:25:15 »

Damn, this is very bad luck, I hope this won't delay the GB by too much. GL dealing with paypal.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #419 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 12:36:59 »
Oh man.  I want this, but wouldn't be heartbroken if it gets cancelled because it sure doesn't seem like CB is gonna tip   :'(

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #420 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 12:45:09 »
I think this exact thing just happened to LeandreN on his group buy

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #421 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:14:35 »
This (I think) is why stripe is being used on the Beige GB.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #422 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:32:55 »
Hey, if you need to give me shipping for orders, I will pay for my own shipping and give you the tracking number to put down. If 19 other people do this, then hopefully it makes it easier for ou

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #423 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:34:42 »
This made me wonder whether there is a better medium for GB's, maybe kickstarter etc.
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #424 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:36:15 »
 :(
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #425 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:37:20 »
Wow. I'm not in this buy but I'm getting ready to launch one myself. I'm sorry this happened to you, but I'm glad I came across it because I'm going to confirm that I can pay for my GB order with my points card in order to avoid this issue.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline chris4prez

« Reply #426 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 15:15:36 »
Wow good luck I hope you can sort this out and the paypal overlords will come to their senses.  I'm really looking forward to getting this set!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #427 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 17:53:20 »
Since I'm of the the overseas order, if you need any statement or declaration regarding this gb to paypal I'm more than willing to help ghost

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #428 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 18:29:37 »
GMK render
Show Image

Revised render, courtesy of ZealPC
Show Image

This group buy is for a GMK Red(V1), Green(N7), Blue(V4) modpack with black(CR) legends, hosted by radio_killah and myself.  Invoicing will begin on August 18th, unless we reach MOQ earlier. If we reach MOQ sooner, we will begin invoicing at that time.

Buyer is responsible for base cost + shipping costs.

Pricing:
RGBK - $42
CONUS Shipping - $6 (3 or less sets)
INTL Shipping - $9 (3 or less sets)

For orders of more than 3 sets, we will send you a separate shipping quote.

All packages will be sent via USPS.  Once packages have been dropped off with USPS, we assume no liability for lost or stolen packages.  US packages will be shipped Priority flat rate, and INTL will be shipped using First Class INTL.  INTL tracking is available using the customs form number, however there is no insurance included.  If you are purchasing a large order, we suggest buying additional insurance for the package.  There is a notes section in the order form, if you would like to add additional insurance to your order.  Radio_killah will be handling all CONUS orders, and I will be taking care of the INTL orders once all CONUS has been shipped.

**If you need to change your order in anyway, resubmit your order with updated information**

Order Form

Feel free to contact radio_killah, or myself with any questions, or post in this thread.  Also, stay on topic please.

First Edit:  Forgot to include, GMK will be including a R1 ESC in Red(V1) and Black(CR) for free.

Edit 2: Here is the image for color comparison.
Show Image

I haven't to pay attention to this group, how all of a sudden from RGBK rgbyk?
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #429 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 19:01:27 »
Here is some info, for anyone interested, that Karura sent me from last year. 
http://deskthority.net/off-topic-f10/how-to-collect-money-with-paypal-and-avoid-problems-t7312.html

More
GMK render
Show Image

Show Image

This group buy is for a GMK Red(V1), Green(N7), Blue(V4) modpack with black(CR) legends, hosted by radio_killah and myself.  Invoicing will begin on August 18th, unless we reach MOQ earlier. If we reach MOQ sooner, we will begin invoicing at that time.

Pricing:
RGBK - $42

All packages will be sent via USPS.  Once packages have been dropped off with USPS, we assume no liability for lost or stolen packages.  US packages will be shipped Priority flat rate, and INTL will be shipped using First Class INTL.  INTL tracking is available using the customs form number, however there is no insurance included.  If you are purchasing a large order, we suggest buying additional insurance for the package.  There is a notes section in the order form, if you would like to add additional insurance to your order.  Radio_killah will be handling all CONUS orders, and I will be taking care of the INTL orders once all CONUS has been shipped.

**If you need to change your order in anyway, resubmit your order with updated information**

Order Form

Feel free to contact radio_killah, or myself with any questions, or post in this thread.  Also, stay on topic please.

First Edit:  Forgot to include, GMK will be including a R1 ESC in Red(V1) and Black(CR) for free.

Show Image

We are very close to the 400 order MOQ point, and there was a lot of interest shown for yellow winkeys.  So we added the 4 additional keys at the same price point as before.

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #430 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 19:12:59 »
Here is some info, for anyone interested, that Karura sent me from last year. 
http://deskthority.net/off-topic-f10/how-to-collect-money-with-paypal-and-avoid-problems-t7312.html

More
GMK render
Show Image

Show Image

Pricing:
RGBK - $42

Order Form

Show Image

We are very close to the 400 order MOQ point, and there was a lot of interest shown for yellow winkeys.  So we added the 4 additional keys at the same price point as before.
That's great, I want to shout? Look forward to it as soon as possible to my hand.
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #431 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 21:33:50 »
So an update on things.

Paypal is not budging on the hold.  I have spoken with quite a few reps, and they have all said the same thing.  So at the very least we will have to refund all the orders.  From there, it's kind of up in the air.  We can either cancel the GB and revisit at a later date, or explore other payment options.  We haven't spoken much on the latter, since we are more focused on ensuring all money is refunded.  I don't think anyone who joined the GB will lose any money, I think that we may have to cover the $0.30 per invoice.  Paypal did say that they would be able to work with me and have that credited back to me, but I have to begin refunding for that to happen.  The other issue is currency conversion for intl orders.  Paypal said that they would work with me on that as well, but I am not too confident on that, since they are a business designed to make money.  We will most likely begin refunds tomorrow.  I ask that everyone keeps the funds in USD for the time being, until I have more information on what the plans moving forward are.  Ultimately, this is your decision though.  Radio and I will do our best to make this nightmare as painless for all involved.  I am extremely sorry for all of this trouble.  I really wanted this to succeed and we are facing some massive obstacles right now. 

If there are any questions or concerns, be sure to post them here.  I will try and get back to you all as quickly as possible, but my time is limited currently while I am working and attending college.  Worst case, Radio will step in to offer any solutions or answers.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #432 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 21:36:29 »
I'm definitely going to rejoin when possible. Please keep $1 from my payment to yourself to cover the refund fees.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #433 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:17:43 »
</3

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #434 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:28:30 »
I'm definitely going to rejoin when possible. Please keep $1 from my payment to yourself to cover the refund fees.
I will do exactly the same thing :)
I'm hoping for second run though, very much

Offline TBone

« Reply #435 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:53:06 »
This is totally utter bull**** on PayPal's part. Why do they care about those 20 orders? I think I may be misunderstanding something? Do they think you are scamming someone? What if I sign a waiver or some ****? Isn't transferring money their job? Why are they stopping us from doing this?

Do we have to give up with the PayPal option??

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:53:35 »
Yup. Me too. Bummer that PP suddenly sprung this policy change on its users. Really causing havoc for all these group buys.

If you guys decide to refund, please keep $1 from me also. Hopefully we can work it out, though

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #437 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:53:52 »
We can all thank money laundering and carding for this issue. I hope pp does work with you on this.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 September 2015, 22:56:44 by PicklesKill »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 00:30:27 »
We are really sorry about this guys.. Ghost and I have been brainstorming over the weekend and at this point there are really no viable options for us to take. We are still definitely interested in trying again if people are willing to back us. This definitely has been a learning experience and we definitely recommend any new group buy leaders to talk to Paypal or whoever their money management service is before they begin.

Like Ghost said we will make sure that everyone receives their money back in full even if it puts us in the red. I hope this doesn't break any trust between us and the community. We have tried to be as transparent and active as possible.

Thanks for the support and once again we are terribly sorry about all this..
Thank you to the guys offering to donate $1 for refunding of orders. We will definitely try and have Paypal work with us to refund the orders in full at no cost to us.

Please feel free to PM either Ghost or me if you need anything.

Offline joey

« Reply #439 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 01:28:58 »
Can't you just ship 20 random things?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #440 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 01:32:27 »
Will rejoin as soon as it relaunch, I'd like also like to pay you the money lost on refund when the new orders kick in.
It's really bull**** that such a smooth GB is getting ruined by Paypal stubbornness.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #441 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 03:09:40 »
i need nothing but my money for two sets. i cancel them . so please refund my money ,thank you very much.
you learn a lot but waste my patience . sorry to say that. but i must to cancel them and got my money back .

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 03:30:50 »
Wow Paypal are a bunch of see you next tuesdays

Really sorry to see all of your efforts get ****canned by them :(

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #443 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 04:29:36 »
Sorry to hear about the paypal issues. Hopefully we can see a rerun in the near future. :(

If it helps, I'm also willing pay a few bucks to cover any losses.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #444 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 05:07:47 »

i need nothing but my money for two sets. i cancel them . so please refund my money ,thank you very much.
you learn a lot but waste my patience . sorry to say that. but i must to cancel them and got my money back .

Dude, if you don't wanna wait than don't join a GB
This kind of attitude sicken me seriously

You just don't know the time and effort the starter has put, and yet you're complaining that they're wasting your time
FFS

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #445 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 05:54:34 »

Dude, if you don't wanna wait than don't join a GB
This kind of attitude sicken me seriously

You just don't know the time and effort the starter has put, and yet you're complaining that they're wasting your time
FFS

Yeah, not sure how people get this attitude, where they expect that placing an order in a community run group buy is the same as placing an order on Amazon.

Group buy organisers don't organise GBs for the money, they do it for the community. Even disregarding the huge amount of time and effort involved, I've heard that sometimes it ends up costing them money.

Offline olijuice

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 05:57:55 »
I don't want this to end up costing you money in the end. If PayPal doesn't return fees you can also take $1 from me to cover fees.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #447 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 07:12:24 »
This sucks, Paypal sucks but you can keep the fees though I don't mind.  :)

Oh and
LOL please.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 07:20:15 »
I'm gonna refund the full amount to everyone. I appreciate all the kindness, but it's not your responsibility to cover the issue at hand. PayPal said they will work with me on getting the .30/invoice back, so I am going to press that issue due to the scenario they have forced. Thank you all again for the offers, but I will have to pass at this time.

Offline chris4prez

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 07:21:09 »
The refund is burning a hole in my pocket I hope you find another payment processor to use and I am more then willing to provide a couple extra bucks on my next submittal for this set to help reduce any losses you are not able to sort out with Paypal to keep this GB moving forward.  I am really looking forward to this set!