Author Topic: Thanksgiving Therapy Thread  (Read 7454 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Thanksgiving Therapy Thread
« on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 08:08:54 »
Tired of Christmas in November relegating your beloved roast turkey to the back burner? This is the place to vent.

There is just one rule, though. Every complaint must be followed up by something you're thankful for.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
Re: Thanksgiving Therapy Thread
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 08:10:14 »
I'll start.

My 4-year-old already wants to watch Christmas cartoons.

But I'm thankful for my 4-year-old.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 08:36:21 »
Well if anyone one is in the Texas area and wants a thanksgiving let me know!

Going to put this NuWave oven to the test!

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 08:37:42 »

My parents have one of those. Does an awesome job on chicken, and they cooked a turkey breast in their too that was delicious.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 08:44:47 »

My parents have one of those. Does an awesome job on chicken, and they cooked a turkey breast in their too that was delicious.

That's what I am telling people!

**** has changed my life yo

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 09:05:46 »

I'm coming over.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 09:15:44 »
I got different relatives who want to make their own Thanksgiving party instead of collaborating and making one.

But I'm thankful I have family who want to host parties.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 09:37:19 »
My roommate was blasting Christmas music to help study for exams since last week, I think that was the closest I may have ever got to murdering somebody. :p
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 09:47:10 »
Much like others have shared, I don't like how early Christmas music starts.

But I am thankful for having other sources of music so I don't have to be subjected to that nonsense on the radio.  :P

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 10:02:18 »
Much like others have shared, I don't like how early Christmas music starts.

But I am thankful for having other sources of music so I don't have to be subjected to that nonsense on the radio.  :P

I'm the guy that sings Christmas music year long.

Reason partly being its the only songs I know by heart.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 10:04:13 »
Not only is Christmas music everywhere on the radio, but now it is in every thread. Change thread title plz.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 10:24:42 »
Not only is Christmas music everywhere on the radio, but now it is in every thread. Change thread title plz.
I'm thankful I got to annoy someone just by making this thread.

My boards:
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 17:19:15 »
I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my family in 7 or 8 years. I miss them so much, be thankful you have the honor of 'putting up with them' for the holidays.
A year by yourself here and there can be nice, getting toasty on nog and providing yourself with an Amazon Hanukkah or Christmas, but after a while that time of year just feel empty and black and crushing.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 17:32:33 »
I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my family in 7 or 8 years. I miss them so much, be thankful you have the honor of 'putting up with them' for the holidays.
A year by yourself here and there can be nice, getting toasty on nog and providing yourself with an Amazon Hanukkah or Christmas, but after a while that time of year just feel empty and black and crushing.

Are you not able to get back home and visit them around this time of year?  :(

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:29:59 »
Canadian thanksgiving was a month ago! No therapy needed here.  ;)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:30:10 »

Sorry to hear. Any idea when/if you'll be able to get back?

My boards:
More

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 05:21:53 »
My mom decided "NO FOOTBALL!" on for this Thanksgiving when she called me last night. My aunt is a huge Cowboys fan, and normally they come over, but now with recently extended family she won't be here. Mom wants us to "interact with each other instead of the television." I tried explaining we can talk while watching football. She just got pissed off.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:20:50 »

My mom decided "NO FOOTBALL!" on for this Thanksgiving when she called me last night. My aunt is a huge Cowboys fan, and normally they come over, but now with recently extended family she won't be here. Mom wants us to "interact with each other instead of the television." I tried explaining we can talk while watching football. She just got pissed off.

:o

Might as well ban turkey and stuffing while she's at it!

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 09:28:54 »
I've heard the aging process described this way.   Think of the 5 things that are most important to you. Now remove 2 of them from your life, then another, etc.  That most vividly characterizes the process.

One thing you tend to do is appreciate the things you do still have left. Little things, like the first cool breeze after a warm day or the tangible reward for eating a lot of fiber. I'm thankful that wrinkles don't hurt.

I never realized how much I would love my grandchildren. I'm especially thankful for them.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 09:48:46 »
or the tangible reward for eating a lot of fiber.

I am also thankful for a good BM.

And I especially like the first cool breeze on my bald head.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 10:09:30 »

Does that good looking wife of yours like your bald head as much as my wife likes mine? She can't keep her hands off of my scalp!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 10:22:28 »

Does that good looking wife of yours like your bald head as much as my wife likes mine? She can't keep her hands off of my scalp!

I told her when we first started dating that I was definitely going to be bald one day. She likes it, but not enough to shave her own head. I've tried. Haha.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 11:00:14 »
Oh yeah... and to bring it back on topic...

My mom also HATES me shaving my head. At the beginning she used to say I looked like a neonazi and didn't want to be seen with me in public. Every time we do anything social (and occasionally in private), she says let it grow as much as it can.

So for Thanksgimme I'll probably go a week without shaving just to shut her up for the day about it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 11:34:48 »

Offer still stands to have Thanksgiving with my family!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 11:41:14 »

I'm guessing it is ****ing awesome. I mean... they must have fed you REAL well for you to grow into the manly man-giant you are today. Tell me about your Thanksgimme food/spread. I need therapy because mine is in question.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 04:21:26 »
I never celebrated Thanksgiving and I dont feel like Im missing out. But Halloween seems like a lot of fun and its slowly getting more and more common here as well :)
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:25:14 »

I'm guessing it is ****ing awesome. I mean... they must have fed you REAL well for you to grow into the manly man-giant you are today. Tell me about your Thanksgimme food/spread. I need therapy because mine is in question.

My consumption is roughly 40% green bean casserole, 25% rolls, 25% pie, 5% milk, and 5% wine.

We also have stuffing, some sort of cranberry stuff, squash (?), and turkey I guess.  My mom doesn't like that I don't eat the turkey.  But why on earth would I waste space when there's so much casserole to eat??

Fair warning though, you'll have to compete with my sisters and me for the casserole.  My mom even went so far as to make two dishes of it to satisfy our hunger.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:27:39 »
I'm thankful that my Thanksgiving meal isn't traditional.....although I did have a very traditional American style Thanksgiving in rural New Hampshire once. That was ****ing magical. We'll probably have Chinese food :D.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:28:36 »
I'm thankful that my Thanksgiving meal isn't traditional.....

Why?  :(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:30:01 »

Who wants to eat the same thing at the same time yearly? :P

Variety is good man. Although I'm really hoping we get a pie. I love pie. I should ask my mom to get one.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:32:56 »

Who wants to eat the same thing at the same time yearly? :P

Variety is good man. Although I'm really hoping we get a pie. I love pie. I should ask my mom to get one.

But you're having Chinese food, which it sounds like you do every year...

And why not?  We've got 364 other days to be adventurous.  ;)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:40:06 »

You assumed we have it every year but that's not the case.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:43:27 »
This will be the first time in a few years that I have not worked on Thanksgiving. I kind of liked working the holiday, extra money, not seeing the family, and I could still come home and eat leftovers. Wish I still worked the holiday.

Thankful to be able to enjoy the food though  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:45:04 by nickheller »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:44:28 »

You assumed we have it every year but that's not the case.

Fair enough.  I wonder what CPTBadAss eats most years for Thanksgiving.  :)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:46:41 »
CPT, are your parents straight off the boat?

My boards:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:28:14 »

Pretty much whatever we feel like lol. Last year we made dumplings. The year before I made steaks and lots of delicious sides. Sometimes we make turkey.

They came over on boats and now we on spaceships. And that's a little rude isn't it? Maybe they flew over. How'd your ancestors come here?
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:29:58 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:36:43 »

Pretty much whatever we feel like lol. Last year we made dumplings. The year before I made steaks and lots of delicious sides. Sometimes we make turkey.

I just assumed a 15 course meal of all ice cream.  :p
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:41:59 »
Screw Thanksgiving. Last year ON thanksgiving I was hit by a car whal crossing the street IN THE CROSSWALK and ejected off the hood 18ft, I landed head/shoulder first into a curb. Im still messed up from it.

The lady "was mad at her boyfriend" so apparently nearly killing innocent pedestrians is ok?

Screw Thanksgiving.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:42:10 »
My wife's family decided to have ****ing soup for Thanksgiving this year, and my wife vetoed my idea of not going out of protest.

I'm thankful that I don't have to eat any of the ****in soup myself tho.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 15:11:16 »

They came over on boats and now we on spaceships. And that's a little rude isn't it? Maybe they flew over. How'd your ancestors come here?

Yes they flew, and boy were their arms tired! BTW I didn't mean it to be rude...just an expression for whether they were born here or not.

All my great grandparents emigrated from Europe to the mountains of PA, so my grandparents were all Euro-hillbillies. I don't even know what I am...

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 16:24:48 »

Mmmmm, dumplings.

My ancestors came via boat.  There were no planes at the time.  :(

Offline jaffers

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 01:46:45 »
I don't understand. What is this thanksgiving thing

Plz be gentle

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 02:11:23 »

Plz be gentle

From what I can tell it's basically because most of America hates Jesus, so they use Thanks Giving to be like; "oh hay Jesus, did you say it was your birthday next week? Yeah well all those friends you already invited are coming to my party instead, and we are having turkey and **** so **** you Jesus"

Pretty sure that's the reason.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 08:15:30 »

Plz be gentle

From what I can tell it's basically because most of America hates Jesus, so they use Thanks Giving to be like; "oh hay Jesus, did you say it was your birthday next week? Yeah well all those friends you already invited are coming to my party instead, and we are having turkey and **** so **** you Jesus"

wat

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 08:17:32 »

Plz be gentle

wat

Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 08:20:06 »

Plz be gentle
Pilgrims, Indians (the native American brand), turkeys, corn etc. At least that's how it's taught in elementary school.

Anymore it's just the day before black Friday. :rolleyes:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 08:24:55 »

Plz be gentle

Just watch Addams Family Values.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 08:37:58 »

Plz be gentle
Serious answer: It's a holiday that was established by Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War, the fourth Thursday in November each year, as a time to be with family and reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for.

My boards:
More

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 08:39:40 »

Plz be gentle

wat
Baldgye read somewhere that Christians will melt if they hear or read swear words, so he's just trying to see if it's true.

My boards:
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 10:44:53 »

Plz be gentle

wat
Baldgye read somewhere that Christians will melt if they hear or read swear words, so he's just trying to see if it's true.

So is it?