Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1364098 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2700 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:34:00 »
Has anyone done an FC980C with these sliders?

i cant answer that question as i havent, but i do know when people were ordering them a lot of people told me they were for that purpose, so im sure some will pop up soon if none have already
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2701 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:36:55 »
the 2 people who didnt give me full address info are

Brian N****n
Erich C****l

i have emailed you both

everyone else on the list your order shipped just fine

edit - Erich C****l has replied to me and new label is printed
Brian N****n has replied to me and new label is printed
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:00:41 by BunnyLake »

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2702 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:39:38 »
Super excited for my stuff!

Are making holes in the board and/or shaving the keycap required to use the Slider Modifiers on a HHKB or Realforce? :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2703 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:41:08 »

Are making holes in the board and/or shaving the keycap required to use the Slider Modifiers on a HHKB or Realforce? :(

on a hhkb it is for enter and left shift but it is very quick to do and ill be making a full guide shortly

as for your order, i cant wait to get it out to you, just waiting for the orange and white sets to come in that we changed a set to for you and will then have the rest out to you

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2704 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:45:19 »

on a hhkb it is for enter and left shift but it is very quick to do and ill be making a full guide shortly

as for your order, i cant wait to get it out to you, just waiting for the orange and white sets to come in that we changed a set to for you and will then have the rest out to you

You're the best, Bunny! Thank you!!

You've provided the most communication I've ever seen out of any group buy, so huge thanks for that, it's greatly appreciated! (:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2705 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:47:33 »

You're the best, Bunny! Thank you!!

You've provided the most communication I've ever seen out of any group buy, so huge thanks for that, it's greatly appreciated! (:

thanks for the words sir, that is really appreciated

but on the note of communication

its my wifes birthday weekend, so as of about an hours time, i wont be on hand much to respond until monday, im sure i can get on here and there but we have a bunch of family plans so i wont be around nearly as much as usual, but come monday ill be back around as usual

Offline Mahm

« Reply #2706 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:42:40 »
I did not recieve additional sliders either. Also only received one spacebar when I asked for a second, I figured if you had extras like you do you would have appeased people that wanted an extra one. Quite frustrating but atleast the good sliders are here safe and sound.

we provided 1 free spacebar with every order, we didnt give an option to purchase a second one, however for people who would like to purchase more i will be giving people that opportunity to to do so now i know how many are left

im sorry if somehow you were given the impression you would get more spacebars upon request

No wasn't under that impression at all. It's not a big issue, I'm happy with what I recieved. Possibly interested in purchasing separate spacebars depending on the shipping cost. They are ABS though, right?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2707 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:45:25 »
I did not recieve additional sliders either. Also only received one spacebar when I asked for a second, I figured if you had extras like you do you would have appeased people that wanted an extra one. Quite frustrating but atleast the good sliders are here safe and sound.

we provided 1 free spacebar with every order, we didnt give an option to purchase a second one, however for people who would like to purchase more i will be giving people that opportunity to to do so now i know how many are left

im sorry if somehow you were given the impression you would get more spacebars upon request

No wasn't under that impression at all. It's not a big issue, I'm happy with what I recieved. Possibly interested in purchasing separate spacebars depending on the shipping cost. They are ABS though, right?

Yes because they were made to match the jtk sets, it's very hard to colour match perfectly abs and pbt, however pbt would be no problem to produce at a later date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mahm

« Reply #2708 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:48:01 »

Yes because they were made to match the jtk sets, it's very hard to colour match perfectly abs and pbt, however pbt would be no problem to produce at a later date

Fair enough, thanks for the help Bunny.

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2709 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 20:15:57 »
Bunny, is it possible to look for my tracking number? I'll PM you the paypal transaction number if it is possible, I only ordered through PM. Just checking if I can get the sliders a bit earlier than what I expect.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 21:22:15 by Dyaems »

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2710 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 15:41:26 »
Bunny, is it possible to look for my tracking number? I'll PM you the paypal transaction number if it is possible, I only ordered through PM. Just checking if I can get the sliders a bit earlier than what I expect.

+1 for me as well if yo wouldn't mind

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2711 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 15:42:35 »

+1 for me as well if yo wouldn't mind

I'll add them to the spread sheet where applicable as soon as I can

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #2712 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 15:43:41 »
Sliders arrived safely! Thanks Bunny!

LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2713 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 15:48:01 »
Show Image

You really need a matching spacebar :P

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #2714 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 15:48:32 »
Show Image

You really need a matching spacebar :P

Yeah, it's hard to find a topre spacebar in this specific shade of orange :(
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2715 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 15:49:03 »
Show Image

Dm me your address I'll send you an orange and a black space bar, and thanks so much for posting much appreciated

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #2716 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 15:52:29 »
Sliders came in! Next is my tax return so I can get my 980c...thanks again bunny!

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2717 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 15:55:31 »
Anyone know where I can find a grey topre spacebar?

Looking for a light grey preferably.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2718 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:02:47 »
Anyone know where I can find a grey topre spacebar?

Looking for a light grey preferably.

There was a limited edition ducky realforce collab that came with one, you can pick those up fairly cheap, alternatively of course from a 10th ae set but that would be pricier

If you wanna go lighter than that there are a couple of old topre media editing boards with them you can pick up for a good price

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2719 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:03:07 »
Sliders came in! Next is my tax return so I can get my 980c...thanks again bunny!

Excellent news thanks so much for letting me know

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2720 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:14:33 »

There was a limited edition ducky realforce collab that came with one, you can pick those up fairly cheap, alternatively of course from a 10th ae set but that would be pricier

If you wanna go lighter than that there are a couple of old topre media editing boards with them you can pick up for a good price

Trying to avoid getting a whole board just for one key. If anything I might just get a random color that doesn't match and call it a day.
I have a 6u MX bar in the color, but that won't work :P

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2721 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 18:58:18 »
If it's possible to get my tracking info also that would be very nice, I'm curious as to where it's at.

If it requires a lot of digging, don't worry about it.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2722 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 22:15:38 »
Got a set of sliders in:

Alphas are BCT and mods are BFE for anyone curious.  Actually got a 6u BCT spacebar as well, but if I use that it'll be after modding in some topre stems for it.  A bit sad to find out a couple of the keys are crooked though (not the sliders, guess the cap stems are slightly rotated) but luckily it's not really noticeable from the angle I normally see the board when sitting.

BTW I only received one of the sets I ordered, is that because I ordered them at two different times so they were shipped out separately?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2723 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 06:47:08 »
Got a set of sliders in:

Show Image

Alphas are BCT and mods are BFE for anyone curious.  Actually got a 6u BCT spacebar as well, but if I use that it'll be after modding in some topre stems for it.  A bit sad to find out a couple of the keys are crooked though (not the sliders, guess the cap stems are slightly rotated) but luckily it's not really noticeable from the angle I normally see the board when sitting.

BTW I only received one of the sets I ordered, is that because I ordered them at two different times so they were shipped out separately?

I'm not gonna be home at all today but I can check that for you when I'm home Monday evening and see if they were sent separately due to seperate transactions which is definitely something that has happened with others, or to see if it's a packing error

I have a private spreadsheet with counts for each order so as soon as I can check it I'll know exactly what's happened and pm you

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #2724 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:35:39 »
Bunny, pm sent. Sliders doing the job!
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:38:45 by childofthehorn »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2725 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:41:57 »
Bunny, pm sent. Sliders doing the job!
Show Image

Replied sir

Board looks outstanding

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #2726 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 10:18:18 »

Replied sir

Board looks outstanding.

Thanks and it's Ma'am

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2727 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 10:19:54 »

Replied sir

Board looks outstanding.

Thanks and it's Ma'am

Well I seem to be making that mistake an awful lot at the moment, my apologies

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #2728 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 10:49:55 »

Eh, most of my hobbies and chosen profession I am part of a rarer group of females so no big deal. I was going to put Carbon SA on there til realizing I would have to trash the stems on a couple of keys. (Even modeled and 3D printed a new SA Topre spacebar....). Maybe I will put on the Maxkey set when it comes in as that is cheap enough where I won't be trashing a $300 set of keycaps...

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2729 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:06:53 »

Eh, most of my hobbies and chosen profession I am part of a rarer group of females so no big deal. I was going to put Carbon SA on there til realizing I would have to trash the stems on a couple of keys. (Even modeled and 3D printed a new SA Topre spacebar....). Maybe I will put on the Maxkey set when it comes in as that is cheap enough where I won't be trashing a $300 set of keycaps...

Well, you could always just give your HHKB some extra character and drill the holes in it, it's what I ended up doing since I had the same thought about not really wanting to damage multiple expensive sets of caps vs one expensive keyboard.  And TBH I don't even think it really lowers the value, now that topre-MX sliders are becoming more common I think people would actually want to buy an HHKB that comes pre-drilled. 

BTW how did that spacebar come out?  If it works well, would you mind throwing it up on shapeways or something? 

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2730 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 16:04:39 »
quick update to the guys who ordered orange and white, jtk has prepared my package and it will be shipped early this week to me

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #2731 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 16:22:12 »
quick update to the guys who ordered orange and white, jtk has prepared my package and it will be shipped early this week to me

hype! also need green JTK slider  ;D ;D :-X

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2732 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 16:22:47 »

i have some spare sets in green sir ill pop one aside for you

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #2733 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 17:11:55 »

i have some spare sets in green sir ill pop one aside for you
Sounds absolutely amazing!

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2734 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 22:13:42 »
I suppose this is a bit off-topic but I feel it's relevant because of the sliders; if someone were to model the novatouch spacebar stabilizer pieces (for 3D printing), would those be something we could throw in other topre boards or would we also need to bend the stabilizer wires into a different shape or do some other modification as well?

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #2735 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 00:38:13 »

Joining the tracking number request team :) Hopefully it arrives before my winkeyless board

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #2736 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 00:54:01 »
So happy to have received my sliders - the colors are amazing! Especially the orange :)

One question - I test fitted some of my GMK keycaps and it seems they fit the sliders a bit loose - I'm not sure it's enough that the cap would come loose if I turned the board upside-down, but they do seem to offer less resistance than my MX stems.  Is this normal?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2737 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 01:02:39 »
So happy to have received my sliders - the colors are amazing! Especially the orange :)

One question - I test fitted some of my GMK keycaps and it seems they fit the sliders a bit loose - I'm not sure it's enough that the cap would come loose if I turned the board upside-down, but they do seem to offer less resistance than my MX stems.  Is this normal?

It's not normal but I have had 2 people report a loose set, and a handful of people saying they had 2 or 3 loose stems in the entire set

I'm working with a couple of those people to troubleshoot their end and with one person to send back some of the ones they found to be loose so I can test here

Ive been through about 5 sets personally and had one stem that was loose on a jtk cap but wasn't loose for gmk so that didn't really give me much info

Please have a go yourself once installed and let me know your findings via pm, we will make sure we get your sets working no matter what but in the few cases this has happened I've been unable to ascertain properly from people whether it's the stems themselves or compatibility with certain types of caps or a mixture of the 2

Thanks for posting they arrived safely and please do not hesitate to contact me with any issues you have once testing

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2738 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 06:18:55 »
Ok, so I'll post my findings again as it seems like my last post wasn't sufficient. And since I spent about another hour just testing all my sliders against about every type of keycap type I have; I wanted to post more findings.

So first of all I turned my keyboard upside down to see which, if any, of my jtk keycaps would fall out while paired with the sliders I have installed. 6 keycaps fell right out because they don't even have any resistance at all on the slider. I tried these six against every single other slider I have (I have 2 sets. One red/orange? and one blue). All of the sliders fit loosely on those 6 JTK keycaps. There are many other keycaps that have varying degrees of fit. Some fall of by just touching them, some I have to gently nudge off, some I can pull off easily with two fingers, and some are a good enough fit.

I then tried all my sliders with three different Cherry sets, and I found that the sliders would fit well on the keycaps that had no issues, but if a slider was loose combined with one keycap all sliders would be just about as loose with a super tiny difference between a few sliders.

I used about fifty sliders (pretty bored of trying sliders and keycap combinations at this point) to test with 50 different DCS keycaps made by Signature Plastics, and I didn't find a single slider to fit loosely at all. Great fit without any problems. I don't have any DSA or SA from SP at the moment or at least I couldn't find any, so I was not able to test those profiles.
I only have one PBT OEM set, but all the 50 sliders I tested were a great fit in the whole set. Maybe a tiny bit easier to remove on some keycaps, but still very nice fit.

So after spending way too much time on this I found that Cherry and JTK fit loosely a lot of the time. If the cap was loose on a slider from JTK then it was almost always as loose on a Cherry keycap. However the Cherry keycaps were generally less loose of a fit.
Again; if a keycap was loose on one slider, it was almost always (99%) as loose on another slider. And if it wasn't the same amount of loose then it was barely noticeable that there was a difference.
I unfortunately don't have the keycaps, will, time or want to spend more time trying to figure this out in more detail. I might post my findings if I ever end up getting my SA penumbra set so I can pair it with my FC660c, but don't hold your breath on that one.

I honestly hate posting stuff like this.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2739 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 06:37:55 »
Ok, so I'll post my findings again as it seems like my last post wasn't sufficient. And since I spent about another hour just testing all my sliders against about every type of keycap type I have; I wanted to post more findings.

So first of all I turned my keyboard upside down to see which, if any, of my jtk keycaps would fall out while paired with the sliders I have installed. 6 keycaps fell right out because they don't even have any resistance at all on the slider. I tried these six against every single other slider I have (I have 2 sets. One red/orange? and one blue). All of the sliders fit loosely on those 6 JTK keycaps. There are many other keycaps that have varying degrees of fit. Some fall of by just touching them, some I have to gently nudge off, some I can pull off easily with two fingers, and some are a good enough fit.

I then tried all my sliders with three different Cherry sets, and I found that the sliders would fit well on the keycaps that had no issues, but if a slider was loose combined with one keycap all sliders would be just about as loose with a super tiny difference between a few sliders.

I used about fifty sliders (pretty bored of trying sliders and keycap combinations at this point) to test with 50 different DCS keycaps made by Signature Plastics, and I didn't find a single slider to fit loosely at all. Great fit without any problems. I don't have any DSA or SA from SP at the moment or at least I couldn't find any, so I was not able to test those profiles.
I only have one PBT OEM set, but all the 50 sliders I tested were a great fit in the whole set. Maybe a tiny bit easier to remove on some keycaps, but still very nice fit.

So after spending way too much time on this I found that Cherry and JTK fit loosely a lot of the time. If the cap was loose on a slider from JTK then it was almost always as loose on a Cherry keycap. However the Cherry keycaps were generally less loose of a fit.
Again; if a keycap was loose on one slider, it was almost always (99%) as loose on another slider. And if it wasn't the same amount of loose then it was barely noticeable that there was a difference.
I unfortunately don't have the keycaps, will, time or want to spend more time trying to figure this out in more detail. I might post my findings if I ever end up getting my SA penumbra set so I can pair it with my FC660c, but don't hold your breath on that one.

I honestly hate posting stuff like this.

That is pretty similar to my finding apart from I only found one slider that loose rather than 6, although when I used a cherry cap it worked fine, but it's possible that was within margin of error etc

Thank you for posting and taking the time to have a play sir

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2740 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 08:03:01 »
Those six mentioned keycaps are loose on all of my sliders, not just six sliders. I guess I was just very unlucky with the 'margin of error' or 'tolerances' on all my sliders and my JTK set.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2741 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 08:04:40 »
Those six mentioned keycaps are loose on all of my sliders, not just six sliders. I guess I was just very unlucky with the 'margin of error' or 'tolerances' on all my sliders and my JTK set.

Sorry I was referring to the margin of error of my one loose one working with gmk and not jtk, by which I meant your findings being over a larger sample size are considerably more likely to be accurate

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #2742 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 12:14:07 »
Got my sliders today, but no keycaps or their replacements :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2743 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 12:15:57 »
Got my sliders today, but no keycaps or their replacements :(

I addressed that in this thread but in case you haven't seen it

Some replacements came from jtk and some I had parts of on hand, because of the limited space I have available the old stuff was packed up whilst I shipped the sliders so some of the replacements will be following upon completion of slider shipping which will be later this week sir

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2744 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 13:56:44 »
Sliders arrived today! Thank you bunny and JTK!  :-*

Is there any guide or any pictures on what holes I need to drill? I heard that you need to drill something for the HHKB plate.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 April 2017, 13:59:15 by Air tree »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2745 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 14:04:17 »

Is there any guide or any pictures on what holes I need to drill? I heard that you need to drill something for the HHKB plate.

You don't need to drill holes but the enter and shift keys will bottom out right after actuation apparently

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2746 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 14:15:17 »

I'll have a guide up as soon as I can if you wanna drill but it's super easy

Just measure out where the stab stems of enter and left switch will hit

Offline Baxter

• They do not know it, but they are doing it.
    • http://www.darklightweb.co.uk
« Reply #2747 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 14:53:31 »
Thank you for all of your efforts Bunny

Only needed a little key surgery, thankfully I had spares.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2748 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 14:54:59 »
Thank you for all of your efforts Bunny

Show Image

Only needed a little key surgery, thankfully I had spares.

Looks great thanks for sharing, I've heard SA works great with topre, ive never been sold on SA with mx, I love the aesthetic but never fully got in with the typing experience, I'll have to give it a go on topre some time

Offline Baxter

• They do not know it, but they are doing it.
    • http://www.darklightweb.co.uk
« Reply #2749 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 15:02:09 »
Definitely needs an investment in some kind of felt or padding to deal with the bottoming out.

Or you could look at it as a really strong incentive not to bottom out, these things are ringing like bells!