Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1364065 times)

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2950 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 23:24:50 »
Show Image

Got my sliders, it took a while to arrive but that was expected. Everything seems to be fine except the stabilizers. They just dont fit on my HHKB because it was a tad longer than the stock ones. I had to sand them with 1000 grit sandpaper to chip off the extra plastic, and lubed the sides though it was not really needed.

Kind of hard to see on the picture but here it is. I thought it was the edges but sanding the edges did not help either so I had to sand the sides instead.
Show Image

are those dyed or stock pbt caps? Really looks like the set I was pushing

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2951 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 23:29:17 »
Show Image

Got my sliders, it took a while to arrive but that was expected. Everything seems to be fine except the stabilizers. They just dont fit on my HHKB because it was a tad longer than the stock ones. I had to sand them with 1000 grit sandpaper to chip off the extra plastic, and lubed the sides though it was not really needed.

Kind of hard to see on the picture but here it is. I thought it was the edges but sanding the edges did not help either so I had to sand the sides instead.
Show Image

I dyed it.

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #2952 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 02:28:16 »
Show Image

Show Image

I dyed it.

Ah very interesting, thanks!!

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #2953 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 03:26:02 »
l like the orange .

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2954 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 08:10:00 »
quick update

most of the replacements were dropped off friday/saturday, i have a couple orders awaiting orange and white sets left to do and 2 others i needed additional packing materials for and a couple orders who needed specific keys which were being sent to me with orange and white, these remaining ones will be out on friday and will conclude this gb as far as keycaps go
all of the orders for extra spacebars were dropped off on saturday with the exceptions of spamray and glissant who i needed to add some other stuff to, this has been done and packaged and those last 2 will be dropped off tomorrow, all international poeple who requested and paid for tracking have been sent this via email
all people who requested replacement sliders via the form posted, these have been packed and are being shipped tomorrow morning
for the people who ordered orange and white sets when i put it up for a couple days recently, they will be with me any day they are just processing through customs 

i am going to have to be away for a few days from tomorrow morning, i will be bringing my shipping receipts with me from the weekend as well as the ones i get from the drop off tomorrow morning, so ill be able to update support tickets whilst im away as a family thing has popped up thatll require my attention from tomorrow to around thursday, i will have internet access sporadically so ill pop on when i can

Hey Bunny,

Were my items part of the ones that were sent out? If so, could I get a tracking number please? :(

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2955 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:11:30 »
Show Image

Show Image

Board looks awesome!  How do you like the DSA profile on the HHKB?

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2956 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:20:39 »
quick update

most of the replacements were dropped off friday/saturday, i have a couple orders awaiting orange and white sets left to do and 2 others i needed additional packing materials for and a couple orders who needed specific keys which were being sent to me with orange and white, these remaining ones will be out on friday and will conclude this gb as far as keycaps go
all of the orders for extra spacebars were dropped off on saturday with the exceptions of spamray and glissant who i needed to add some other stuff to, this has been done and packaged and those last 2 will be dropped off tomorrow, all international poeple who requested and paid for tracking have been sent this via email
all people who requested replacement sliders via the form posted, these have been packed and are being shipped tomorrow morning
for the people who ordered orange and white sets when i put it up for a couple days recently, they will be with me any day they are just processing through customs 

i am going to have to be away for a few days from tomorrow morning, i will be bringing my shipping receipts with me from the weekend as well as the ones i get from the drop off tomorrow morning, so ill be able to update support tickets whilst im away as a family thing has popped up thatll require my attention from tomorrow to around thursday, i will have internet access sporadically so ill pop on when i can

Hey Bunny,

Were my items part of the ones that were sent out? If so, could I get a tracking number please? :(

Same.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #2957 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 10:44:12 »
Anyone has comparation pic between GMK and JTK? 

Also, if you used it for a while, can you tell me if is an acceptable quality or if gmk is a lot better?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2958 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 10:45:28 »

Also, if you used it for a while, can you tell me if is an acceptable quality or if gmk is a lot better?

JTK quality is really nice. The legends are still less than desirable for some but I think that for the price alone it is worth it.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #2959 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 10:49:00 »

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2960 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 10:05:16 »
Show Image

Show Image

i forgot to mention after putting GMK Cyan on the same board, alot of keys pops out while doing some test typing and I have to put a square plastic at the bottom of the keys just to make sure that all of them are secure while typing. i do not want keys popping out while i am doing work, haha. thankfully only one key will fall off if i turn the board upside down. maybe its the GMK? i dont know, for sure the XDA keys on the picture above are really tight no matter what stem/slider I put them to.

not to mention asking two or three times if the italicized sliders will be included with my package and apparently i also did not receive it. very nice.

all in all i am disappointed with this buy, and i'll just use my novatouch sliders to fill up my hhkb again which works without problems on whatever keycaps i put on them except my jtk wob where my enter always pops off when pressed off-center. and hoping that my tai-hao keycaps that I use on my office keyboard will not pop out if i use jtk sliders in it.

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2961 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 10:47:04 »
Just posted a new reply to my ticket #D427E605, can you please reply when you're able Bunny?

Thanks.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2962 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 17:14:31 »
Just posted a new reply to my ticket #D427E605, can you please reply when you're able Bunny?

Thanks.

replied
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2963 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 17:14:51 »
quick update

Hey Bunny,

\
replied via pm

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2964 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 17:28:38 »
quick broad update, all the replacement sliders have gone out and tracking numbers have been sent, apart from one guy who gave me about a quarter of an address to ship to, ill find his name and pm him once i get settled back home

ive been updating support tickets with tracking numbers on the replacements gradually (as a quick note replacements where it was just a few keys for either missing or defective caps werent sent tracked as its cost prohibitive but ive kept proof of postage)

there are still 6-8 left for me to get out which will be done once the bank holiday is over, 3 of which ive just pmd as i knew the names off the top of my head and the rest i will contact this weekend

everyone who ordered additional spacebars etc your order has now shipped, and everyone who paid for tracking your tracking has been sent to you (one person in the states messaged me just now saying his arrived so they should be rolling in soon)

so im now 6 packages or so away from this being completely wrapped up and super looking forward to it

Offline mtl

« Reply #2965 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 20:53:23 »
Received 2 sets of sliders today, plus two surprise topre space bars. Thanks, Bunny. Looking forward to trying these on a HiPro, and with some silencing rings if they don't interfere too much.
MX13 SpaceSaver | Phantom | Tactoblack Filco -10 | Realforce 103U-UW | Variable Clicky Deck 82 | Deck Legend

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2966 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 04:11:15 »
Received 2 sets of sliders today, plus two surprise topre space bars. Thanks, Bunny. Looking forward to trying these on a HiPro, and with some silencing rings if they don't interfere too much.

Thanks for posting, any issues at all just let me know

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #2967 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 07:50:46 »
Got my spacebars today  :thumb:

Still waiting on replacement caps though, I bumped the ticket again so you can see it

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2968 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 09:35:48 »

Still waiting on replacement caps though, I bumped the ticket again so you can see it

that doesnt actual bump it to me or send a notification sadly, although that is a feature im keen to get added soon, i dont think ill be able to get much done by way of support tickets now until sunday (ive basically just got home and we are heading off soon to start my mother in laws 60th celebrations)

if it is something time sensitive please send me a PM here or if not ill get to the support ticket as soon as possible

without looking at the details of your ticket i can tell you the majority of replacements went out about 5 days after the spacebar drop offs

Offline Dizeee23

• food please
« Reply #2969 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 10:54:58 »
Hi i know it says its 100% shipped but i havent received mine yet.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2970 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:16:17 »
Hi i know it says its 100% shipped but i havent received mine yet.

Shoot me a pm, include info on what you ordered, if and when you filled out replacement forms, your support ticket numbers etc so I can look in to it for you as the original all orders shipped an incredibly long time ago and we have almost completed all replacements and faulty caps

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #2971 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:24:18 »

that doesnt actual bump it to me or send a notification sadly, although that is a feature im keen to get added soon, i dont think ill be able to get much done by way of support tickets now until sunday (ive basically just got home and we are heading off soon to start my mother in laws 60th celebrations)

if it is something time sensitive please send me a PM here or if not ill get to the support ticket as soon as possible

without looking at the details of your ticket i can tell you the majority of replacements went out about 5 days after the spacebar drop offs

No worries, I've got time. I just didn't want it to be overlooked.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2972 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:27:04 »

No worries, I've got time. I just didn't want it to be overlooked.

I promise you it won't be, I'm super excited to have this all done and that we are on the very last tiny bit

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2973 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 14:49:04 »
Hey folks,

I'm going to be away from very early in the morning on Wednesday for 8 days on a large family trip, it's only to the other side of the country with all of the wife's side of the family, originally I was only planning on going for a couple of days, with the wife and son staying on, so I had the best part of a week to crack down and get on with things with no distractions, however, the wife is having a hard time with the pregnancy and doesn't wanna face the return drive home (about 7-8 hours) on her own, so I am now going for the entire time.

Its bank holiday Monday tomorrow so all post offices are closed, and then Tuesday I have the little man on my own all day whilst trying to do all the prep etc for the trip, so whilst it's possible I'm able to do the drop off of the last packages that day, I have to say realistically it may be difficult, so whilst I'll do my best, realistically it may not be until I return the following Thursday that they go out, or potentially the Friday afterwards depending on what time we get home.

This trip and the changes and the bank holiday etc all really snuck up on me, I just felt I had more time which its just dawned on me I do not have.

On a positive note, whilst I'm there i will have a good amount of free time, and I'll be bringing my laptop, so I intend to make the most of this time and get fully up to date on any and all support tickets, and make sure everything is in line and accounted for, and to apologise for the additional completely unexpected week delay i will be including some extras in the 6-8 packages still to be dropped off.

Because of my limited time, I'm normally fairly on top of my scheduling and managing my time, I can only apologise for how late I'm leaving mentioning this absence, I honestly felt that the last of this would be out before we were heading off and I thought there was more time where I'd be able to actually ship but the bank holiday really threw me off.

Depending on room in the car etc, I may be able to bring packages with me on the trip, the hesitation for me in that regard is we are going to a fairly remote section of Cornwall that I don't know and sadly with the little one gone are the days of being able to pack light anywhere.

In short the last packages will be going out no later than a week on Friday, and that will conclude the GB, however, if I can get them out before then, I will do everything within my power to do so.

Very sorry to the people who have been waiting and ill do my best to make the additional delay that is entirely my fault up to you.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #2974 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 16:06:37 »
No worries mate, have a nice trip! I haven't kept up with this thread in a while but I assume orange and white orders that were getting shipped to you with replacements are still to go out? Sorry I'm sure it has probably been mentioned previously but it is quite a lot to wade through!

« Reply #2975 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 16:08:59 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

The last of the replacements as well as the extra spacebar orders packed and ready to go out

these have been loaded in to my car ready, as its only a small run it should be no problem to get them out in the week whilst im looking after my little one, but worst case scenario they can be dropped off friday which is my "day off"

for anyone waiting on replacements that include full sets or kits, i will post full tracking details in your support ticket, for anyone who ordered extra spacebars and paid for tracked shipping, i will send you tracking via email

lastly the orange and white sets will be on hand early next week, and those sets will be packed and shipped out with any replacements sliders next friday

Sorry just noticed this post that refers to the orange and white. Should have had a quick skim before asking

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2976 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 16:17:30 »
No worries mate, have a nice trip! I haven't kept up with this thread in a while but I assume orange and white orders that were getting shipped to you with replacements are still to go out? Sorry I'm sure it has probably been mentioned previously but it is quite a lot to wade through!

They will arrive any day and I have a friend stopping here to feed and look after my cats and to receive packages etc so they will be safe if they arrive after I leave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2977 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 16:24:11 »

They will arrive any day and I have a friend stopping here to feed and look after my cats and to receive packages etc so they will be safe if they arrive after I leave

Awesome, I'm in no hurry anyway. Hope you get some good weather, and try not to think about packages and shipping things etc too much haha.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2978 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 22:01:06 »
Hey folks,

I'm going to be away from very early in the morning on Wednesday for 8 days on a large family trip, it's only to the other side of the country with all of the wife's side of the family, originally I was only planning on going for a couple of days, with the wife and son staying on, so I had the best part of a week to crack down and get on with things with no distractions, however, the wife is having a hard time with the pregnancy and doesn't wanna face the return drive home (about 7-8 hours) on her own, so I am now going for the entire time.

Its bank holiday Monday tomorrow so all post offices are closed, and then Tuesday I have the little man on my own all day whilst trying to do all the prep etc for the trip, so whilst it's possible I'm able to do the drop off of the last packages that day, I have to say realistically it may be difficult, so whilst I'll do my best, realistically it may not be until I return the following Thursday that they go out, or potentially the Friday afterwards depending on what time we get home.

This trip and the changes and the bank holiday etc all really snuck up on me, I just felt I had more time which its just dawned on me I do not have.

On a positive note, whilst I'm there i will have a good amount of free time, and I'll be bringing my laptop, so I intend to make the most of this time and get fully up to date on any and all support tickets, and make sure everything is in line and accounted for, and to apologise for the additional completely unexpected week delay i will be including some extras in the 6-8 packages still to be dropped off.

Because of my limited time, I'm normally fairly on top of my scheduling and managing my time, I can only apologise for how late I'm leaving mentioning this absence, I honestly felt that the last of this would be out before we were heading off and I thought there was more time where I'd be able to actually ship but the bank holiday really threw me off.

Depending on room in the car etc, I may be able to bring packages with me on the trip, the hesitation for me in that regard is we are going to a fairly remote section of Cornwall that I don't know and sadly with the little one gone are the days of being able to pack light anywhere.

In short the last packages will be going out no later than a week on Friday, and that will conclude the GB, however, if I can get them out before then, I will do everything within my power to do so.

Very sorry to the people who have been waiting and ill do my best to make the additional delay that is entirely my fault up to you.

Mr BunnyLake,

You, sir, do not need to apologise.

Have a well-earned break, try not to take keyboard stuff with you, and just spend quality time with your wife, your son, and your wife's family.

The little bits of plastic we all obsess over will happily wait for a week or two.

Regards,
Rowdy
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline odd

« Reply #2979 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:54:43 »
quick update

Hey Bunny,

I am wondering the same thing, I have updated my support ticket as well (#7B9EE3F2) please let me know when you can thanks

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2980 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:57:06 »
quick update

Hey Bunny,

I am wondering the same thing, I have updated my support ticket as well (#7B9EE3F2) please let me know when you can thanks

Yours is packed but needs to be dropped off and ill update your ticket once it's done

If you need to contact me pm is a much faster way to do so as I don't get notified to updates on tickets

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #2981 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 09:53:01 »
Hey folks,

No worries, enjoy yourself! My Black on Orange mods are for a board that won't even be finished until next month anyways Lol

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #2982 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 11:45:13 »
Anyone with the sliders that has a 660c have the sliders stick on the modifiers? Even with lube it's still sticking and not smooth like stock ones.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2983 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:03:48 »
Was there a diagram put up about how to sand the gmk or jt keycaps for the modifiers to have better clearance?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2984 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:18:13 »
Was there a diagram put up about how to sand the gmk or jt keycaps for the modifiers to have better clearance?

You just want to sand the stabilizer posts. The guide posted was for modifying the case.

Offline kungfu_jesus

« Reply #2985 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 16:47:14 »
Hi Bunny,

I was one of the few that got bumped out when the Black on Orange mods weren't up to QC. The information regarding the status of those has been confusing and as far as I know you shipped those out sometime last month and they never arrived for me. I placed my order with you via PM, not through the site and I'm afraid it got looked over. I never filled out a replacements form because I was not asked to. At this point I would even just take a refund for them. Please advise on how to proceed. I'd like to close this item off of my list.

Best,
KFJ

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2986 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 16:58:49 »
Hi Bunny,

I was one of the few that got bumped out when the Black on Orange mods weren't up to QC. The information regarding the status of those has been confusing and as far as I know you shipped those out sometime last month and they never arrived for me. I placed my order with you via PM, not through the site and I'm afraid it got looked over. I never filled out a replacements form because I was not asked to. At this point I would even just take a refund for them. Please advise on how to proceed. I'd like to close this item off of my list.

Best,
KFJ

+1, at this point I've been waiting quite some time for these, and it sounds like a couple others have as well, it sounds like it's been "shipped or will be dropped off" any day now for weeks.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #2987 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 17:07:39 »
Hi Bunny,

Best,
KFJ

+1, at this point I've been waiting quite some time for these, and it sounds like a couple others have as well, it sounds like it's been "shipped or will be dropped off" any day now for weeks.

also waiting on my black on orange mods.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2988 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 17:22:05 »
Hi Bunny,

Best,
KFJ

also waiting on my black on orange mods.

Hey folks,

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2989 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 00:52:57 »
Hi Bunny,

Best,
KFJ

Yup can't apologise enough that the final few didn't go out before I was away but they will be out as soon as I return

The same day they go out I'll be forwarding people the tracking and then this buy will be complete

I can't do anything until I get back however so until then I have nothing I can update however I will be working on more support tickets whilst I'm here over the next few days

Offline kungfu_jesus

« Reply #2990 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 10:54:06 »
Hi Bunny,

Best,
KFJ

Yup can't apologise enough that the final few didn't go out before I was away but they will be out as soon as I return

The same day they go out I'll be forwarding people the tracking and then this buy will be complete

I can't do anything until I get back however so until then I have nothing I can update however I will be working on more support tickets whilst I'm here over the next few days

Thanks for your response, Bunny. I am positive that by the time these keycaps get to me, I will have moved house. Can I send you my updated address? Which is the preferred method for me to get this information to you?

Best,
KFJ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2991 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 11:11:05 »
Hi Bunny,

Best,
KFJ

Thanks for your response, Bunny. I am positive that by the time these keycaps get to me, I will have moved house. Can I send you my updated address? Which is the preferred method for me to get this information to you?

Best,
KFJ

Can you both update it via support ticket as well as send me a pm just to ensure it isn't missed and I'll change the label as soon as I get back home

Offline mtl

« Reply #2992 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 17:16:21 »
Please forgive my ignorance.. Are there supposed to be mx compatible sliders for the space bar stabilizers?

It didn't occur to me to check whether a cherry space bar has mounts in the same locations.
MX13 SpaceSaver | Phantom | Tactoblack Filco -10 | Realforce 103U-UW | Variable Clicky Deck 82 | Deck Legend

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2993 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 17:20:23 »
Please forgive my ignorance.. Are there supposed to be mx compatible sliders for the space bar stabilizers?

It didn't occur to me to check whether a cherry space bar has mounts in the same locations.

Nope that's why a cherry profile topre spacebar is provided

As the spacebar for a hhkb is 6x, people are incredibly limited to mx options so the current solution made the most sense, but if you happen to have 6x mx bars you want to use you can use a regular slider and mod the stabs to costar mx ones

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2994 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 09:52:43 »
Hey guys had word to confirm the orange and white sets (and included with those the last of single key replacements) arrived safely to my house

I'll be around as normal from late tonight and have the very last of all replacements and the orange and white orders all out no later than 10am Saturday morning and tracking to everyone waiting no later than Saturday night ( note replacement for damage or missing key orders will not be tracked as it's cost prohibitive, but any replacement order containing full sets etc will of course be tracked)

That will fully conclude the gb thankfully

Offline mtl

« Reply #2995 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 11:17:05 »

Nope that's why a cherry profile topre spacebar is provided

As the spacebar for a hhkb is 6x, people are incredibly limited to mx options so the current solution made the most sense, but if you happen to have 6x mx bars you want to use you can use a regular slider and mod the stabs to costar mx ones

I have a Realforce 104U and 104UG HiPro and was hoping to mount SA caps on them.  Are you suggesting cutting into the plates to install costar stabs?

BTW, do you have any plans to run Topre space bars in SA profile?

Thanks.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2996 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:12:16 »
You actually don't need to do anything destructive with costar stabs.  You just remove the topre stabs and essentially snap the costar ones in place from the top, but you need to secure them however you see fit (I haven't tried it yet, but mounting putty might work well enough and it wouldn't leave any residue if you remove it unlike glue).  You also need to either modify the wire from the stabs or bend your own wire so that it fits the 6u setup.

edit:  I just realized I typed that without even mentioning that your plan won't actually work to begin with since SA bars don't currently exist in 6u.  Though there is a user on reddit who will be making artisan 6u SA bars with topre stems.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 June 2017, 13:13:55 by a_ak57 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2997 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 15:24:33 »
Hey guys had word to confirm the orange and white sets (and included with those the last of single key replacements) arrived safely to my house

I'll be around as normal from late tonight and have the very last of all replacements and the orange and white orders all out no later than 10am Saturday morning and tracking to everyone waiting no later than Saturday night ( note replacement for damage or missing key orders will not be tracked as it's cost prohibitive, but any replacement order containing full sets etc will of course be tracked)

That will fully conclude the gb thankfully

im home and just to verify the above update is correct, orange and white sets have landed, those along with all final replacements will be out saturday by 10am

tomorrow evening ill post some pics once its all done

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2998 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 17:09:02 »
Everything packed, including replacements and white and orange sets, I did take pics but forgot to orientate the packages in such a way you couldn't see addresses so I won't post that and will take a new one in the morning before I leave

Here is the arrival of orange and white

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2999 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 03:40:02 »

Last replacements leaving to be dropped off now