Author Topic: LSB's Artisan Keycaps (Over)  (Read 14680 times)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
LSB's Artisan Keycaps (Over)
« on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:15:03 »
Sale over. Will be selecting winners and notifying them over the next day or two. Thanks to all that entered!  :thumb:

Linked from classifieds to keep discussion out of the classifieds  :thumb:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74952.0

Ask any questions or discuss here  :cool:

Updated the sales thread. Please read the rules there. I am pretty sure all pricing is retail or what I paid for it. I never pay much over retail for anything out of principle either (which is why I have never had any Clacks or KBK/KWK's  :-[ ) but it has gotten me lots of other cool caps that I have been more than satisfied with. If you aren't okay without a certain cap, owning that cap won't surely make you feel any better, so I never see any reason to pay $$$$$ for a single cap. More caps will be sold off this way after this sale is over. Have a few keyboards to list sooner than later as well. Good luck to all :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2016, 18:18:39 by livingspeedbump »
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline dohbot

Re: LSB's Retail Sale
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:17:13 »
What colorway is that furt?
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:18:34 »
Are we finally going to get to see your entire collection?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:19:11 »
What colorway is that furt?

Uh i have a brownish furt and a clear furt I believe that will be up for grabs

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:20:31 »

Ive somehow never done that. MrsSpeedBump has a **** ton of artisans on her keyboards as well, well she knows them as "little friends" haha, but Ill have to get to her to bring her boards home from her lab and do a family photo of the keepers after the sale.

I've already been offered up more free caps since starting this thread  :-X

It never ends haha.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:22:47 »
This will be exciting! Furt is cool!
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:23:33 »
This will be exciting! Furt is cool!

Yeah, Kudos always feels like he can do better, but I really loved furt for what he was. Kudos is just a true artist  :cool:

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:24:53 »

Ive somehow never done that. MrsSpeedBump has a **** ton of artisans on her keyboards as well, well she knows them as "little friends" haha, but Ill have to get to her to bring her boards home from her lab and do a family photo of the keepers after the sale.

I've already been offered up more free caps since starting this thread  :-X

It never ends haha.

Heh, you try to basically give them away (compared to the regular secondary market) and you'll still end up with more than you started. I think you're on to something here.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:25:36 »
This is dope man.

I wish you would reply to a message I sent to you yesterday though. :P

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:26:55 »
This is dope man.

Where at? Its not hard for messages to get accidentally buried  :confused: I feel like i get 3 or 4 an hour and if i open it on my phone on taptalk or my reddit app it marks it as read and I tend to forget to answer  :-[

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:32:48 »
This is dope man.

Where at? Its not hard for messages to get accidentally buried  :confused: I feel like i get 3 or 4 an hour and if i open it on my phone on taptalk or my reddit app it marks it as read and I tend to forget to answer  :-[

This is a huge problem of mine when trying to do trades... I've missed out on some good stuff this way... Sounds like this app's need more options, or there should be a better system to trade/sell

Offline jaffers

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:34:14 »
This is really cool of you LSB thanks!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:34:39 »
This is dope man.

This is a huge problem of mine when trying to do trades... I've missed out on some good stuff this way... Sounds like this app's need more options, or there should be a better system to trade/sell

Yeah, ive honestly tried to stop opening stuff on my phone unless i have the time to answer anything right then and there because of this. An option to not mark any messages as read would actually be nice.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:41:32 »
This is dope man.

Yeah, ive honestly tried to stop opening stuff on my phone unless i have the time to answer anything right then and there because of this. An option to not mark any messages as read would actually be nice.

Calling all dev's. ;D

So, do you have a db of the cost of all the items you have? or is it a general spitball?

edit: i'm high

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:43:41 »
This is dope man.

Calling all dev's. ;D

So, do you have a db of the cost of all the items you have? or is it a general spitball?

edit: i'm high

Uh not really, all are under 35 though I think. They will just be retail + 6 shipping in the US via 2 day flat rate USPS, and for international it will probably be between 11-17 which is unfortunate, but the way it has to be.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:51:50 »
Are you really a speedbump?

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:53:19 »
It's true!  I seen it!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:54:21 »

Back when I was a youngling and the interweb was a youngling I had a beagle. Said beagle was quite dumb and managed to get run over by my mother right in front of me. In the end she was totally fine, and a few weeks later I needed a AIM sn, thus LSB was born. Stuck with it because i cant remember multiple silly names for logging into things haha.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:58:36 »

Back when I was a youngling and the interweb was a youngling I had a beagle. Said beagle was quite dumb and managed to get run over by my mother right in front of me. In the end she was totally fine, and a few weeks later I needed a AIM sn, thus LSB was born. Stuck with it because i cant remember multiple silly names for logging into things haha.
Wow that's rather lucky. I'm glad he was ok though cos squishedspeedbump just doesn't have that ring to it =p

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:01:16 »

funny/not funny. I was wondering the same about the origin. Makes me think i need to ditch my alias from the last 20 years and do something new.
It is really cool of you to share the wealth too! I think a lot of people will get some really special pieces of art from this that they'll appreciate.
-Dana

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:01:34 »

Sorry to hear about your dog LSB :( glad she was alright in the end though! I remember making my first AIM sn. At the time I had just learned about the pi (the number) in school and of course that was the first thing that came to mind when it came time to create an sn - and thus, iliv4pi was born. Yup, I was so excited about pi that that was my reason for living. Funny cause, now I'm more into a different kind of pie...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:03:09 »

Sorry to hear about your dog LSB :( I remember making my first AIM sn. At the time I had just learned about the pi (the number) in school and of course that was the first thing that came to mind when it came time to create an sn - and thus, iliv4pi was born. Yup, I was so excited about pi that that was my reason for living. Funny cause, now I'm more into a different kind of pie...

Yeah, love pie, hate HATE cake. We had an epic pie place in town called Pie Birds that made the best sea salt and caramel pie ever, but they had to go close down, and my life has been incomplete ever since  :'(

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:04:46 »
I would sell my firstborn for a Meowcap.

...I'm not just saying that... even though I don't have a firstborn or anyborn :) THEY'RE SO CUTE.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:06:04 »
I remember my first SN. Naturally since my name is Andy it was;

ragady_andy

Yes, unfortunately I misspelled it just like that. :(

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:07:06 »
I remember my first SN. Naturally since my name is Andy it was;

ragady_andy

Yes, unfortunately I misspelled it just like that. :(

hahahahahhaha

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:08:23 »

...I'm not just saying that... even though I don't have a firstborn or anyborn :) THEY'RE SO CUTE.

I'm doing my best to avoid a firstborn atm as it is, so you still have quite a chance even without a tiny human up for trades  :p

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:09:44 »

Sorry to hear about your dog LSB :( I remember making my first AIM sn. At the time I had just learned about the pi (the number) in school and of course that was the first thing that came to mind when it came time to create an sn - and thus, iliv4pi was born. Yup, I was so excited about pi that that was my reason for living. Funny cause, now I'm more into a different kind of pie...

Yeah, love pie, hate HATE cake. We had an epic pie place in town called Pie Birds that made the best sea salt and caramel pie ever, but they had to go close down, and my life has been incomplete ever since  :'(

You, you sir. I like you. Why have cake when you can have pie, cake lovers baffle me.
Sea salt and caramel sounds absolutely amazing :(

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:12:30 »

You, you sir. I like you. Why have cake when you can have pie, cake lovers baffle me.

Some people get nervous about...well other stuff on their wedding day.
I got nervous about putting that damn cake in my mouth. And it was horrific.

That, and the coffee bean cheesecake were freaking amazing. Making me sad just thinking about haha

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:17:47 »
Sorry if this is a silly question

Which caps do you plan on keeping? I know the bowie booper cap will remain with you lol, I'm guessing the reaper as well

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:19:15 »
Just out of curiosity, say someone wanted to know when this sale would be starting since it's fairly late on a weekday. :P

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:20:07 »
Do you take bribes in Vinyls?
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Syribo

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:22:31 »

I'm doing my best to avoid a firstborn atm as it is, so you still have quite a chance even without a tiny human up for trades  :p
LOL. I could also trade a really pretty cat with an absolutely crap personality ;) I wouldn't miss her much hahaha.

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:24:15 »

That, and the coffee bean cheesecake were freaking amazing. Making me sad just thinking about haha

This is why wedding pies need to be the norm. Don't worry I'm not married yet, so I'll be sure to get the ball rolling when it's my time.

And now you're talking about coffee and cheesecake... you get me. There's gotta be some place in nyc that does coffee cheesecake, if not I might have to go rogue and bake some on my own.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:24:22 »

LOL. I could also trade a really pretty cat with an absolutely crap personality ;) I wouldn't miss her much hahaha.

Got the cat thing covered as well, 3x actually haha. The real Mr Bingley (now immortalized by the KeyKollectiv cap) and I will be running this sale together when Im home from work  :))

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:24:48 »

Sorry to hear about your dog LSB :( glad she was alright in the end though! I remember making my first AIM sn. At the time I had just learned about the pi (the number) in school and of course that was the first thing that came to mind when it came time to create an sn - and thus, iliv4pi was born. Yup, I was so excited about pi that that was my reason for living. Funny cause, now I'm more into a different kind of pie...
Pi? I'm all about that Tau life  :))

When I first saw "livingspeedbump" I think I about died of laughter, I don't know why but I always thought that was such a funny name, and now it seems to be even better that it has a story to it (probably wouldn't have been as funny had she not survived)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:25:27 »
Just out of curiosity, say someone wanted to know when this sale would be starting since it's fairly late on a weekday. :P

Because my office hours are wack. I won't be home until 1 or 2 est. That is why I am leaving it up for a few days and said that it wasnt a first come first serve kinda deal  :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:26:47 »

This is why wedding pies need to be the norm. Don't worry I'm not married yet, so I'll be sure to get the ball rolling when it's my time.

And now you're talking about coffee and cheesecake... you get me. There's gotta be some place in nyc that does coffee cheesecake, if not I might have to go rogue and bake some on my own.

Coffee with cheesecake is already perfect, but combined is just brilliant. Even had a whole bean on top that made for a perfect last bite.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:27:30 »

Depends on if you have something I dont have in my 10,000+ collection  :rolleyes:

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:33:58 »
Shot you a question over Skype  ;)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:35:05 »

Depends on if you have something I dont have in my 10,000+ collection  :rolleyes:

Oh lawd that's a large collection... What would you be looking for? The most exotic things I have are:
The Clash london calling
Disney's Fantasia
Pink Floyd A Nice Pair
The Civil Wars: Self Titled Test Press
Micheal Jackson: Off the wall

You probably have these though :(

Edit: Also Jack White Blunderbuss and The Beatles: Hey Jude
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Syribo

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:35:14 »

Show Image

Got the cat thing covered as well, 3x actually haha. The real Mr Bingley (now immortalized by the KeyKollectiv cap) and I will be running this sale together when Im home from work  :))
But but but... wouldn't you like a cat with a **** temperament that will ignore you and hate you!? LOOK AT THAT FACE!

Doesn't it scream "I LOVE YOU PLEASE ADOPT ME!!"

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:41:17 »
Pi? I'm all about that Tau life  :))

When I first saw "livingspeedbump" I think I about died of laughter, I don't know why but I always thought that was such a funny name, and now it seems to be even better that it has a story to it (probably wouldn't have been as funny had she not survived)

I was young and ignorant :(

Dang you know what I just realized, we should have a Tau Day (6/28) haha

Coffee with cheesecake is already perfect, but combined is just brilliant. Even had a whole bean on top that made for a perfect last bite.

Now tell me, you like your coffee black right? :)

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:05:53 »
Good luck everyone I'm off to bed.

Hopefully there will be some stuff leftover. :)

Thanks again LSB for this. :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:10:24 »
updating stuff now. gimme just a few mins

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
LSB's Retail Sale
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:17:04 »
haha, i also was staying up in anticipation (well aware of the fact that it isnt a race)

Edit: aw the white little lion one wasnt there!!
Goodnight all, and goodluck!

Thanks lsb for the opportunity! Big fan of the site
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:35:19 by KetchyKech »
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:26:45 »
Anyone offering first borns, limbs and half the contents of their nutsack should go read Andy's porch blog again!

Hopefully some deserving people will get these nice caps and enjoy them rather than run them straight onto the classifieds.

On another note: where ever I see the abbreviation LSB I start reading your posts in a lumpy space voice. And I am toootally okayyy with that, girl!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:31:52 »
The sales thread is updated  :thumb:

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:34:00 »
Is this going to be a Google form? You inbox is gonna be more buried than a user saying she's female on the internet.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:35:09 »
Good luck! I only asked for one thing. I hope this goes well for everyone too. :)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:36:35 »
Is this going to be a Google form? You inbox is gonna be more buried than a user saying she's female on the internet.

That is my inbox on a daily basis anyways  :confused: I spend an hour or so every morning trying to reply to everything on the forums from the night before, so it hopefully wont be too bad. Probably should have gone that route though, but whatever  :rolleyes: