Author Topic: LSB's Artisan Keycaps (Over)  (Read 14697 times)

Offline shoostep

Re: LSB's Artisan Keycap Sale Discussion Thread (From Classifieds)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:46:13 »
I know my chances are slim, but I'd put it to good use  :thumb:

Thanks for putting this sale on!

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:51:44 »
More
Linked from classifieds to keep discussion out of the classifieds  :thumb:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74952.0

Ask any questions or discuss here  :cool:

Show Image

Show Image

Updated the sales thread. Please read the rules there. I am pretty sure all pricing is retail or what I paid for it. I never pay much over retail for anything out of principle either (which is why I have never had any Clacks or KBK/KWK's  :-[ ) but it has gotten me lots of other cool caps that I have been more than satisfied with. If you aren't okay without a certain cap, owning that cap won't surely make you feel any better, so I never see any reason to pay $$$$$ for a single cap. More caps will be sold off this way after this sale is over. Have a few keyboards to list sooner than later as well. Good luck to all :)

LSB, did you get my pm for the sale? I just wanna make sure it sent. I looked in my sent messages a few minutes after sending it to make sure and didn't see it there.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:51:56 »
I know my chances are slim, but I'd put it to good use  :thumb:

Thanks for putting this sale on!

Everyone has a shot! (unless ive seen you selling/buying caps for crazy prices, then I shall ignore you for this particular sale). Always nice to get some new users with some caps to get them started as well  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:52:29 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Updated the sales thread. Please read the rules there. I am pretty sure all pricing is retail or what I paid for it. I never pay much over retail for anything out of principle either (which is why I have never had any Clacks or KBK/KWK's  :-[ ) but it has gotten me lots of other cool caps that I have been more than satisfied with. If you aren't okay without a certain cap, owning that cap won't surely make you feel any better, so I never see any reason to pay $$$$$ for a single cap. More caps will be sold off this way after this sale is over. Have a few keyboards to list sooner than later as well. Good luck to all :)

LSB, did you get my pm for the sale? I just wanna make sure it sent. I looked in my sent messages a few minutes after sending it to make sure and didn't see it there.

Yup, youre good  :thumb:

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:52:57 »

More

Show Image

Show Image

Yup, youre good  :thumb:

thank you sir :) have a good night!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:54:39 »
Now, while i have all of your attention. Sign up for this if you are remotely in the area. Looking to be quite a big crowd. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73695.0 I may even hand out FREE caps like I did last time  :))

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:56:13 »
good luck all  :-*

hope i will get my first binge here :rolleyes:

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:56:44 »
Didn't want to put anything in the message aside from the numbers, but suffice to say: definite respect for running this sale, LSB. Kept my entries to a relative minimum so anything I'd get I'd actually use, in the spirit of the purge. Hope to win but I'm sure they'll all end up in great homes in any case! GL to all :)

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 01:00:27 »
Hey LSB I know I speak for most of the community when I say we really appreciate you doing this for us. Thanks so much for all you've done for the community and I know these caps will find a good home.
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline breitling

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 01:03:08 »
Appreciate the opportunity here, and a chance to get my first real artisan. Thanks for doing this.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 01:03:50 »
Hey LSB I know I speak for most of the community when I say we really appreciate you doing this for us. Thanks so much for all you've done for the community and I know these caps will find a good home.

Its for me as much as the community. I really, really hoard naturally and love all of the caps, but my "style" with keyboards cap wise is generally quite minimalistic at this point, and there is no reason for me to keep them on display in a little container. I need to continue making myself let go of "things" when Im not using them to others that will appreciate them and use them. Goes for a lot more than just my keycaps haha.

Offline tinymakesthings

• staytuned
    • Check out my stuff here!
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:06:23 »
Hi LSB! Thanks for doing this! I wish we had more people in the community like you. Thanks for setting an example for the rest of us here and I hope to follow suit in purging part of my collection as well (...I say as I try to get in on your keycap sale). I do have reasons for keeping most of mine and they are all so special to me.

EDIT: Didn't know that Mr. Bingley was based on your cat until now! That's really cool lol. I thought that name was really unique when I first saw the pics + names of the keycaps but thought KK was just super creative in their naming efforts.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:35:34 by Tinymonkeyt »

Offline jevvix

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:30:30 »
I've entered for one I think looks cool. Thanks for the opportunity.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:39:29 »
I don't get it, your classifieds thread had too much talking in it about random ****, so you have a thread in another section for your sale that's only full of sale discussion?

Can anyone who gets **** posting in there WTS thread advertise here too?

Offline sitch

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:45:39 »
Thank you living speed bump, hoping to win my first keycaps giveaway (sort of) after soooooo much attempts ;D

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:58:10 »
Read the story and listened to the song, kinda can relate to the story but I got no issue with having something that isnt the best as long as it works for me. Never spent more than I had either, so my collection of "toys" alto fairly large most of it gets used. When I find something that works for me its hard for me to replace it, the replacement has to be a 100% or more improvement for me to even consider it

Been looking to upgrade my arcade stick for a long time and wanted to trim my artisan collection down in order to pay for it. Its surprisingly hard to give em up, only other material thing Ive been this attached to must be my old MTG cards. Got a really good offer for my Tinker deck, a deck that is no longer legal and broken as hell but I still cant give it up. Have only opened the box and flipped through it a few times in the last 10 years yet still... So hard to give up

One thing I realized over the years is that if you dont like your job its super easy to fall into the grasp of soulless material world
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 03:37:14 »
Thank you for this opportunity! I only have one HKP so far...Hopefully I'll have one of my wishes for my cat (a Siamese cat) :).
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline gain

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 04:52:55 »
Best of luck to everyone! I entered too, but I think there's always going to be someone who deserves it more :>

That said, I can relate GenKaan, my trusty old HRAP 2 is chugging along after all these years, the case has yellowed a bit, and sure, I'd love to upgrade to something fancier, but it gets the job done  :thumb:

On the topic of music. I collected many cassettes, some of it is one of a kind to this very day, sometimes I'll find a copy of something and think I should track down another copy that lived a less hard life, it's been the bane of my existence as I just love to archive things. But past couple of years I've learned a valuable lesson to just appreciate it for what it is. I mean where does it end? I'm a much happier person not stressing about a $2,000 tape deck before any servicing or potential part shortage just for a slightly better top-end :V

“if I only had ____ I’d be happy!”

This mindset literally almost killed my interest in the music I've spent such a portion of my life tracking down.. Sorry, reading the blog-post and this thread made me reflect a little :P

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 05:55:36 »

What colorway is that furt?

Uh i have a brownish furt and a clear furt I believe that will be up for grabs

Doh, brownish one would be forged, clear/GID is fallout. The other one that was in the pic was either frozen flame or furtive (can't find the pic now, so not completely sure. Furt love!
"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 06:54:18 »
I don't get it, your classifieds thread had too much talking in it about random ****, so you have a thread in another section for your sale that's only full of sale discussion?

+1 this is very, very silly and should be merged with the Classified thread.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:19:51 »

Or there just shouldn't be any discussion on it. This was moved to Off Topic because the Classifieds are for discussing a few key questions about items for trade or sale. After that it's taken to PM. This format is a little different and because of all the discussion that was occurring on the Classifieds thread it got moved here.

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:20:48 »

If you read the sale thread, LSB asked for stories and whatnot as well, so the idea is probably to have discussion concerning the content of the sale, not necessarily the sale itself. For posterity:

If you have stories or thoughts you want to share, please share those in the discussion link at the top of the post, I'd love to read stuff there

I think moving that to a separate thread is fine; it keeps the sales thread free of unneeded clutter.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:39:34 »
I think moving that to a separate thread is fine; it keeps the sales thread free of unneeded clutter.

He closed it. I don't understand why you cant have discussion in Classifieds but you can have a WTS thread in Off Topic...

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:48:38 »

If you read the sale thread, LSB asked for stories and whatnot as well, so the idea is probably to have discussion concerning the content of the sale, not necessarily the sale itself. For posterity:

If you have stories or thoughts you want to share, please share those in the discussion link at the top of the post, I'd love to read stuff there

It's up to the mods ultimately, but IMO discussion is fine in Classified threads.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:52:08 »

He closed it. I don't understand why you cant have discussion in Classifieds but you can have a WTS thread in Off Topic...

It's up to the mods ultimately, but IMO discussion is fine in Classified threads.

Every post bumps up a thread. Mods don't want everyone bumping the same thread (in Classifieds) with discussion because it's unfair to everyone else who has to follow the "bump once a day only" rule.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:53:34 »
I never read that keychatter post before (keychatter doesn't load at work for some reason) but it really resonated.

So, I guess one way to remain happy in a hobby that's essentially consumerist is to occasionally do a purge? It actually makes a lot of sense to be honest. It definitely ends the neverending chase for more.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:54:18 »
Yeah, it would be unfair for someone people are interested in talking to and dealing with having any kind of advantage...

Online mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 08:26:53 »
Dang no Keyng!

Great sale LSB, thinking about purging soon myself.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 08:28:48 »
Dang no Keyng!

Great sale LSB, thinking about purging soon myself.

Don't do it! Your poor collection. D:

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 08:31:41 »
Nooooo, keycap RNGESUS whyd you take all of my wants
.. y u do dis

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 09:07:21 »
This is pretty cool. Don't see something like this often.

I'm wondering how many people buy whatever artisans they can get their hands on initially so they have something to trade for older, harder to get caps.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 09:24:13 »
This is pretty cool. Don't see something like this often.

I'm wondering how many people buy whatever artisans they can get their hands on initially so they have something to trade for older, harder to get caps.

I used to be like that, now though I only buy startup artisans or models I don't have. I trade a lot, but don't buy much now days

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 09:32:23 »
Entered! Thanks LSB  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:05:32 »
Oh Fallout Furt, when will you come home?  Your feline brother-from-another-mother Schrodinger has come home but he misses his odd-eyed brother, he wonders when you may frolic on keyboards together, when you can glow in the dark together?  How long must he wait before our family is together?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:12:02 »
Pi? I'm all about that Tau life  :))

When I first saw "livingspeedbump" I think I about died of laughter, I don't know why but I always thought that was such a funny name, and now it seems to be even better that it has a story to it (probably wouldn't have been as funny had she not survived)

I was young and ignorant :(

Dang you know what I just realized, we should have a Tau Day (6/28) haha

Coffee with cheesecake is already perfect, but combined is just brilliant. Even had a whole bean on top that made for a perfect last bite.

Now tell me, you like your coffee black right? :)
Is there another way to drink coffee?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:13:21 »

Not at all?

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:22:28 »

When I first saw "livingspeedbump" I think I about died of laughter, I don't know why but I always thought that was such a funny name, and now it seems to be even better that it has a story to it (probably wouldn't have been as funny had she not survived)

Coffee with cheesecake is already perfect, but combined is just brilliant. Even had a whole bean on top that made for a perfect last bite.

Did we... did we just become best friends?

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 11:35:09 »

What colorway is that furt?

Uh i have a brownish furt and a clear furt I believe that will be up for grabs

Doh, brownish one would be forged, clear/GID is fallout. The other one that was in the pic was either frozen flame or furtive (can't find the pic now, so not completely sure. Furt love!

Actually... There was a "Honey Dipped" Furt (Gold with Brown) that was circulating around. I couldn't get the honey quite right so it ended up looking more like "Toilet Furt". Still got a few laying around...

Offline slushi

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 11:37:27 »
Hey LSB! I finally sent you back a PM about a previous offer. Hoping you got it. Also GLWS :)

HHKB Pro 2

Offline btctopre

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:20:59 »
Actually... There was a "Honey Dipped" Furt (Gold with Brown) that was circulating around. I couldn't get the honey quite right so it ended up looking more like "Toilet Furt". Still got a few laying around...
dare i ask for pics? might wind up finding that kudos' bathroom philosophy is "if it's yellow, let it mellow. if it's brown, let it mellow"  :p

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:31:43 »
dare i ask for pics? might wind up finding that kudos' bathroom philosophy is "if it's yellow, let it mellow. if it's brown, let it mellow"  :p

We live in LA and are in the midst of the worst drought in history. Toilet is off-limits. Only cat-box for the Kollectiv family  :'(

Btw- Toilet Furt - 4 made. Bloodclot Furt - 2 made. Consider yourself lucky  :cool:
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:33:16 by KeyKollectiv »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:34:32 »
I'm not tossing my name in for anything, but I wanted to say kudos to you for letting go of so many good caps at retail prices.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:47:55 »

We live in LA and are in the midst of the worst drought in history. Toilet is off-limits. Only cat-box for the Kollectiv family  :'(

Btw- Toilet Furt - 4 made. Bloodclot Furt - 2 made. Consider yourself lucky  :cool:

Bloodclot Furt?  Was that ever sold in any of the raffles?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:58:07 »

I'll give you a bloodclot, 1 of 1.

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:19:45 »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:29:07 »

holy god. the only thing better than coffee is Twin Peaks and coffee. Hence why my other cat is named Agent Cooper  :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:31:30 »

Just trying to follow the rules. No discussion is allowed in Classifieds because it will continue to bump the threads.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:33:50 »

Just following mods rules for classifieds. Not really my call or how I originally was going to do it. So started a separate discussion in Off Topic just to keep them all happy, plus its off topic so it shouldnt really bother anyone. Once its over ill lock this too so it disappears back in the depths.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:52:05 »

I'll give you a bloodclot, 1 of 1.

Can I cast it in resin and put it on/in a keycap?  Because if so that would be a thing of beauty.

We may want to okay it with demik though, I'm not sure if he is okay with you giving away your...stuff like that.

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 15:18:20 »
For the record #3 Is not a foaming beer, It's a pumpkin pie. I guess XX7 made another.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 15:51:35 by IMBoddy »