Author Topic: [GB] JD45 KEYBOARD PRE-ORDERS [Closed]  (Read 144820 times)

Offline virtu

Re: [GB] JD45 KEYBOARD PRE-ORDERS
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 18:22:55 »
I think that I found my end-game keyboard. This is amazing. How would I go about ordering this setup? Is there any way I could get one pre-assembled?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #401 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 18:27:22 »
I think that I found my end-game keyboard. This is amazing. How would I go about ordering this setup? Is there any way I could get one pre-assembled?

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=346

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #402 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 15:23:44 »
I'd like to buy just a JD45 PCB as the one I've got from the blocked corner kit is a bit buggered up via some repair mishaps.

I contacted mechanicalkeyboards.com where I bought the kit, but they told me to take a hike. I told them I can't get any kind of communication started with JDCarpe as he seems to have gone silent. The responded by ignoring me.

So now I'm stuck sourcing a new PCB on my own. Any suggestions.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #403 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 16:14:48 »
I'd like to buy just a JD45 PCB as the one I've got from the blocked corner kit is a bit buggered up via some repair mishaps.

I contacted mechanicalkeyboards.com where I bought the kit, but they told me to take a hike. I told them I can't get any kind of communication started with JDCarpe as he seems to have gone silent. The responded by ignoring me.

You can't get a new PCB people have tried asking JD but he said he doesn't have extras for sale.

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #404 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 18:52:14 »

You can't get a new PCB people have tried asking JD but he said he doesn't have extras for sale.

That is both extremely frustrating and disappointing!!!

Offline iceman2733

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 08:55:48 »
Is there anywhere you can buy off the shelf DSA key caps for this keyboard?  I am wanting to build one of with a full-size space bar, I think I am going to pick a kit off of Mechanicalkeyboards and build just not sure if I want blocked or not yet. 

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #406 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 08:59:40 »
Is there anywhere you can buy off the shelf DSA key caps for this keyboard?  I am wanting to build one of with a full-size space bar, I think I am going to pick a kit off of Mechanicalkeyboards and build just not sure if I want blocked or not yet.

Your best bet would be to get into a signature plastics group buy.

Offline Dvoraknolegends

« Reply #407 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 23:17:19 »
I'd like to hear about it too if ever a new group buy is started...

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #408 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 23:22:06 »

Still a few available here mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=346

Offline Dvoraknolegends

« Reply #409 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 23:24:50 »

Still a few available here mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=346

Thanks, but I saw them and I'm avoiding them for that price...of course I hope the GB price was cheaper. If not I'll just get the Planck, which is only $100.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #410 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 00:06:33 »

Thanks, but I saw them and I'm avoiding them for that price...of course I hope the GB price was cheaper. If not I'll just get the Planck, which is only $100.

GB was $200ish dollars for this board.

Offline Dvoraknolegends

« Reply #411 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 11:19:38 »

Thanks for the tip!

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 11:20:47 »

Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. I hope it helps you make up your mind

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:09:36 »
Is this layout actually possible?

I have A 6U spacebar coming in with my Terminal set and I'd like to tear up my MX Browns build and redo with with Gat Yellow switches, terminal caps, etc.

The part that's throwing me off is that everyone seems to do 1, 1, 6.25, 1.25, 1 instead of 1, 1.25, 6, 1.25, 1... I am finding the 6u stabilizer to be the main difficulty in this.  Does anyone make them? is it just time for some pliers, a ruler, and a 7U stabilizer wire?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:23:04 »

I have A 6U spacebar coming in with my Terminal set and I'd like to tear up my MX Browns build and redo with with Gat Yellow switches, terminal caps, etc.

The part that's throwing me off is that everyone seems to do 1, 1, 6.25, 1.25, 1 instead of 1, 1.25, 6, 1.25, 1... I am finding the 6u stabilizer to be the main difficulty in this.  Does anyone make them? is it just time for some pliers, a ruler, and a 7U stabilizer wire?

I don't think 6u is possible.

Offline iceman2733

« Reply #415 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:46:53 »
Recently picked up a JD45 with some cherry brown switches, was going to desolder and turn the split spacebar into a single and switch to Gateron Red swithces.  With this keyboards popularity I find it hard to believe that they have just let it die.  Cmon JDCarpe bring it back buddy, i have read you had a tuff time with the last drop with issues but this keyboard rocks and I would love to be able to buy spare PCB.  Because lets face it stuff happens

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #416 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:18:20 »
Recently picked up a JD45 with some cherry brown switches, was going to desolder and turn the split spacebar into a single and switch to Gateron Red swithces.  With this keyboards popularity I find it hard to believe that they have just let it die.  Cmon JDCarpe bring it back buddy, i have read you had a tuff time with the last drop with issues but this keyboard rocks and I would love to be able to buy spare PCB.  Because lets face it stuff happens

Real life takes precedence. If he wants to bring it back, he'll probably work on doing so.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:31:59 »

Real life takes precedence. If he wants to bring it back, he'll probably work on doing so.

Is JD still around even? I always see that he was super active in tons of old threads, but nowadays, nothing.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:42:16 »

Is JD still around even? I always see that he was super active in tons of old threads, but nowadays, nothing.

I haven't seen him active as of late.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #419 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:46:53 »

He's chosen not to be active right now, I checked on him a while back and he's ok, just got real life things going on that are more important than keyboard stuff. :thumb:

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 09:19:29 »

He's chosen not to be active right now, I checked on him a while back and he's ok, just got real life things going on that are more important than keyboard stuff. :thumb:

Yeah he seems like a great guy. To be honest, I should probably take a break myself.

Offline odd

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 21:47:11 »

You can do a 1, 1.25, 6, 1.25, 1 layout just fine. Here are pics of my spare showing the layout.

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 08:03:31 »

You can do a 1, 1.25, 6, 1.25, 1 layout just fine. Here are pics of my spare showing the layout.

Show Image

Show Image

I did some easuring on my PCB and compared the stem locations with a 6U spacebar and came to this conclusion.

Thanks tons for the photos though, always great to have my measurements backed up with facts.

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 22:53:10 »
I'd kill for another run of PCBs.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #424 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 23:20:20 »

Or just v2 for that matter...

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #425 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:21:25 »

Wootpatoot released designs when he wanted to step back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/660eo2/i_have_been_less_involved_int_the_community_as_of/

I could certainly get a ton of PCBs cut and I'm sure they'd be easy to sell on the market.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #426 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 14:09:33 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/660eo2/i_have_been_less_involved_int_the_community_as_of/

I could certainly get a ton of PCBs cut and I'm sure they'd be easy to sell on the market.

I mean there will always be pcb makers out there willing to do stuff like that, but in my opinion, the jd40 &jd45 were iconic because of the amazing cases they had.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #427 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 20:38:58 »

I mean there will always be pcb makers out there willing to do stuff like that, but in my opinion, the jd40 &jd45 were iconic because of the amazing cases they had.

Not only that, but I consider the JD40/45 the #1 40% PCBs. Their quality is top notch. Also, even though, it may now may take a while, if you pm/email him he will follow up w/ you too. I've 4 JD40s & a JD45 (standard layout). I'll always support JD Carpe's products. I've been trying to get MassDrop to run a JD40 &/or JD45 gb for the longest. I really MassDrop will finally run a gb for either or both.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 April 2017, 20:40:38 by William_S_Jones »

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #428 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 16:33:54 »
Not only that, but I consider the JD40/45 the #1 40% PCBs. Their quality is top notch. Also, even though, it may now may take a while, if you pm/email him he will follow up w/ you too. I've 4 JD40s & a JD45 (standard layout). I'll always support JD Carpe's products. I've been trying to get MassDrop to run a JD40 &/or JD45 gb for the longest. I really MassDrop will finally run a gb for either or both.

I didn't find this to be true at all. I had an issue with one of my JD45 boards (that I bought through mechanicalkeyboards.com) and wanted to RMA or at least purchase a replacement. They shut me down, said they don't have boards for RMA.

I contacted JDCarpe several times to buy a replacement through him. No response. So I went back to mechanicalkeyboards.com to see if they can contact him on my behalf and was thusly ignored.

I love the JD45 but damn if I can't get anyone to sell me a replacement PCB or even acknowledge me at all for that matter. Very frustrating.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #429 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 16:37:55 »

I didn't find this to be true at all. I had an issue with one of my JD45 boards (that I bought through mechanicalkeyboards.com) and wanted to RMA or at least purchase a replacement. They shut me down, said they don't have boards for RMA.

I contacted JDCarpe several times to buy a replacement through him. No response. So I went back to mechanicalkeyboards.com to see if they can contact him on my behalf and was thusly ignored.

I love the JD45 but damn if I can't get anyone to sell me a replacement PCB or even acknowledge me at all for that matter. Very frustrating.
Sorru to h

Sorry to hear that. All of  my interactions w/ him have been great. I wish the best w/ your issue though.

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #430 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 17:31:55 »
When was the last time you communicated with him? I've been trying to get ahold of him since Nov last year with no luck. He doesn't appear to be active on these forums or Reddit, both places where I tried communicating with him.

Offline justin.wu

• * Commercial Vendor
  • Less is more
    • TEX
« Reply #431 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 01:50:23 »

Hi ,

If you just want PCBA , that you can connect with me ,

When was the last time you communicated with him? I've been trying to get ahold of him since Nov last year with no luck. He doesn't appear to be active on these forums or Reddit, both places where I tried communicating with him.
make different

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #432 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 12:15:56 »
I last spoke to JD about a month and a half ago.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:30:35 »

Hi ,

I'd like a blocked JD45 PCB just for future proof.

Wish to use mine for decades.  ;D

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #434 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 17:10:24 »

Hi ,

PM Incoming, thanks for the response!

I last spoke to JD about a month and a half ago.

Hey, I'm glad he's not just disappeared off the face of the earth at least. He probably has a lot going on so I won't begrudge him that.

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #435 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 22:18:18 »

Hi ,

I'm quite interested in getting more JD45s and if the stock of blocked corners is gone from mechanicalkeyboards.com, my next best option is to build one from similar components.

Do you have them for sale or have the designs to build new ones?

---

Need help with plate!

I just pulled some caps to check this and realized that by getting the assembled JD45, it came with a "standard layout" plate. As such, I can not put my 6U spacebar on because the stabilizers and switch location won't work with this plate.

I guess my two options are to buy a JD45 with locked formers that came from a kit or try to get a plate and case built along with the PCB.

Yay for projects.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 April 2017, 22:39:47 by tinyprawn »

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #436 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 18:22:58 »
I'm definitely interested in another run of blocked corner JD45s.

Offline consolelog

« Reply #437 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 13:56:26 »

Hi ,

Pmd you! Hopefully you can still provide an extra PCB... I almost killed mine just now while trying to desolder switches  :-X.